Default Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Just cause i love Ghost recon so much

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

They actually just added a set of ‘prequel’ missions (Operation Oracle) featuring that John Bernthal (Cole Walker) character to Ghost Recon Wildlands last week. Basically, that John Bernthal character is Ed Harris in The Rock

They’ve actually consistently added those sorts of free DLC missions to Wildlands, there have been ones featuring Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, characters from Rainbow Six: Siege, there was a tie in with Predator (to promote the recent Predator movie), and I think there’s also one featuring Griffin from Ghost Recon games (that I haven’t tried yet). They’ve all been really well done too and not just ‘cookie cutter’ missions, they’ve featured custom character models, mocap, voice acting, and bespoke mission elements.

If anyone is interested in giving Wildlands a crack, you can usually get it fairly cheap. OkiiOtoko, hecandangle, and myself picked it up for less than $20 and give it a crack every Friday night. We mostly just screw around but it’s a lot of fun, and anyone who ever wants to join us is welcome (only one spot though, since it’s max 4 player co-op). Just join the AUF Ghost Recon Wildlands community chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Xestor01
    XBLA
    N/A

I bought this when it first came out but the gun play really put me off the first time.

Playing it again, it seem the gun play still feel the same, stiff and slow :/ wish it was more like the division.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_ View Post
    I bought this when it first came out but the gun play really put me off the first time.

Playing it again, it seem the gun play still feel the same, stiff and slow :/ wish it was more like the division.
    In terms of Wildlands, the stealth element is what makes it interesting. From a solo point of view, MGS V does it way better, but Wildlands offers co-op.

Personally I don’t mind the gunplay, it’s the vehicles that really piss me off. After GTA V it’s hard to stomach the vehicle controls in nearly any other open world game, but the Wildlands ones are especially horrific.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Xestor01
    XBLA
    N/A

the games AI is terrible, hope this gets better with the next game

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

the games AI is terrible, hope this gets better with the next game
    The AI never really bothered me TBH, but if they don’t sort out the vehicles then there’s no way it’s a day 1 purchase for me.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    They actually just added a set of ‘prequel’ missions (Operation Oracle) featuring that John Bernthal (Cole Walker) character to Ghost Recon Wildlands last week. Basically, that John Bernthal character is Ed Harris in The Rock

They’ve actually consistently added those sorts of free DLC missions to Wildlands, there have been ones featuring Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, characters from Rainbow Six: Siege, there was a tie in with Predator (to promote the recent Predator movie), and I think there’s also one featuring Griffin from Ghost Recon games (that I haven’t tried yet). They’ve all been really well done too and not just ‘cookie cutter’ missions, they’ve featured custom character models, mocap, voice acting, and bespoke mission elements.

If anyone is interested in giving Wildlands a crack, you can usually get it fairly cheap. OkiiOtoko, hecandangle, and myself picked it up for less than $20 and give it a crack every Friday night. We mostly just screw around but it’s a lot of fun, and anyone who ever wants to join us is welcome (only one spot though, since it’s max 4 player co-op). Just join the AUF Ghost Recon Wildlands community chat.

Is the DLC free for you? I've nearly finished solo and been playing ghost mode just to extend life to the game... The DLC didn't seem worth the price, around 20$ each iirc

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    Is the DLC free for you? I've nearly finished solo and been playing ghost mode just to extend life to the game... The DLC didn't seem worth the price, around 20$ each iirc
    I’ve never bought any DLC for the game, my only outlay was the $20 I paid for the game on the PlayStation Store (the bog standard edition). I don’t even know what the paid DLC was, wasn’t it some PvP modes or the like?

The DLC missions they’ve added are free and just appear on the map as unique mission icons. There are a few different ones:
    * Splinter Cell (with Sam Fisher)
    * Predator (with the Predator)
    * Rainbow Six (with Valkyrie and Twitch and one of the Brazilian operators)
    * Ghost Recon Breakpoint (with Cole Walker)
    * Ghost Recon (with Griffin)

Look for the yellow mission icon that pertains to that series or theme.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 14-05-2019 at 03:39 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I’ve never bought any DLC for the game, my only outlay was the $20 I paid for the game on the PlayStation Store (the bog standard edition). I don’t even know what the paid DLC was, wasn’t it some PvP modes or the like?

The DLC missions they’ve added are free and just appear on the map as unique mission icons. There are a few different ones:
    * Splinter Cell (with Sam Fisher)
    * Predator (with the Predator)
    * Rainbow Six (with Valkyrie and Twitch and one of the Brazilian operators)
    * Ghost Recon Breakpoint (with Cole Walker)
    * Ghost Recon (with Griffin)

Look for the yellow mission icon that pertains to that series or theme.

Narco Road and Fallen Ghosts DLC asking $23 for what looks like a poor attempt at making money, hard to tell if it's added PvP or just solo. The reviewers seemed confused.
    Instead of using this conceit to explore the setting meaningfully, Narco Road doubles down on spectacle. The cartel lieutenants want to be impressed. This means completing racing stunts and wild missions. You’ll blow up gas stations, dodge missiles while piloting a broken helicopter, and ride trucks off massive jumps. It has moments of genuine excitement and a clear identity that sets it apart from the original game. But that’s also part of the problem.
    Helicopters were broken anyway, agreed with the GTA comment. I choose to walk, vehicles are horrible.
    We are both talking about wildlands right

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I would prefer if this was not open world actually, some tighter more structured levels and missions would be a nice change from the open world overuse these days.

Just have a simple mission with some objectives.

Cut-scene in so you don't have to drive for hours to the destination.

Take out a certain enemy or objective unseen.
    Rescue target unseen.
    Eliminate all foes unseen etc etc.

Get in, get out, no fuss, job done.

Or

Go in loud
    Fuck up everything

Escape in a Mini Miner cut-scene.

Too many games nowadays, the traversal or legwork takes up most of the mission time ha ha ha.

I suppose if a game takes 30 hours to finish ,about 5 hours or so of it is actual game-play

/Rant.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I would prefer if this was not open world actually, some tighter more structured levels and missions would be a nice change from the open world overuse these days.

Just have a simple mission with some objectives.

Cut-scene in so you don't have to drive for hours to the destination.

Take out a certain enemy or objective unseen.
    Rescue target unseen.
    Eliminate all foes unseen etc etc.

Get in, get out, no fuss, job done.

Or

Go in loud
    Fuck up everything

Escape in a Mini Miner cut-scene.

Too many games nowadays, the traversal or legwork takes up most of the mission time ha ha ha.

I suppose if a game takes 30 hours to finish ,about 5 hours or so of it is actual game-play

/Rant.
    I thought the MGS V gameplay loop was brilliant, and that was open world. It affords a lot more flexibility in terms of your strategy, so I always enjoy that aspect. The traversal point is a good one though, if the traversal isn’t fun then the game isn’t fun. That comes back to my comments about vehicle controls...

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Xestor01
    XBLA
    N/A

Ok i gotta take back what i said about the AI, the more i play this the more they grow on me.

the vehicle control and gameplay though, needs some work. the bike is HORRIBLE. but i do like flying the copter

i cant seem to find the AUF Ghost recon community chat though??

Send a invite if you guys are playing tonight aye

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Ok i gotta take back what i said about the AI, the more i play this the more they grow on me.

the vehicle control and gameplay though, needs some work. the bike is HORRIBLE. but i do like flying the copter

i cant seem to find the AUF Ghost recon community chat though??

Send a invite if you guys are playing tonight aye
    Are you talking about the Wildlands friendly AI, or enemy AI? For the friendly AI, the sync shots are ridiculously OP... but also fun

For the Community party chat, it’s just a community party chat. You make one via the AUF Community page, and when the last person leaves it it closes. Nearly every Friday we get it going, but I suspect that tonight we’ll probably be playing the new Red Dead Online content instead.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Have to also agree, the vehicle physics and control are atrocious in Wildlands. It was the sole reason along with the hit detection beep being too loud in the beta(fixed in the release game), that I never brought this until it was $20. That said it is actually a good game if you overlook the vehicle controls and the clunky shoot from cover control.Hope they address thi in Breakpoint.