Thread: Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order

New Star Wars game schedules for release later this year (15/11/19). Made by Respawn.

https://youtu.be/xaCy-qCR1UY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Yes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Could be good. Respawn did a pretty good job with Titanfall SP.

But also bizarre that EA has another game dev studio already in their pay who have quite a lot of experience making SP Star Wars games since 2004. Yet they chose to use that dev for a new IP

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    And with COD4 (back when they were at Infinity Ward), which I would rate as probably the best FPS SP campaign ever made. There arenít many devs Iíd trust more than them TBH.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Yeah that is correct. I just did it know how much of IF went across to Respawn

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post

But also bizarre that EA has another game dev studio already in their pay who have quite a lot of experience making SP Star Wars games since 2004. Yet they chose to use that dev for a new IP

If you mean bioware, it should be pretty clear why they aren't who is developing this, having two mediocre at best outings in a row, one of which took far too long to be finished and they reportedly lost a few members in the process.

What really surprises me though is this is reportedly being developed on UE4 rather than frostbite.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    If you mean bioware, it should be pretty clear why they aren't who is developing this, having two mediocre at best outings in a row, one of which took far too long to be finished and they reportedly lost a few members in the process.

What really surprises me though is this is reportedly being developed on UE4 rather than frostbite.

I think frostbite might be copping some flak too from the 'rumours' surfacing about it from anthems development.

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    I think frostbite might be copping some flak too from the 'rumours' surfacing about it from anthems development.

Frostbite has been copping flak ever since EA started pushing it for all their games. It just doesn't scream EA to use a 3rd party engine after all the effort they've gone to to avoid 3rd party engines. Frostbite is like cryengine, incredibly powerful in the right hands, but user unfriendly due to the nature of its development.

That being said, singleplayer doesn't scream current EA either, so who knows what's really going on.

Last edited by mmmgilly; 14-04-2019 at 09:54 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Frostbite has been copping flak ever since EA started pushing it for all their games. It just doesn't scream EA to use a 3rd party engine after all the effort they've gone to to avoid 3rd party engines. Frostbite is like cryengine, incredibly powerful in the right hands, but user unfriendly due to the nature of its development.

That being said, singleplayer doesn't scream current EA either, so who knows what's really going on.

I think you answered your own question before. Two mediocre releases partially linked to the Frostbite engine. Iím sure BioWare isnít the only dev having issues with it. Combined with BFV also tanking, Battlefront 2 tanking, issues with BF4, Battlefront 1. They havenít had many good times lately. I am of the opinion that BF1 was so popular initially was because everyone was over modern shooters and WW2.

Maybe EA is to the point with their shareholders where they are like ďfuck it, do what you want, just make a game which wonít bombĒ lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Stig Asmussen is the game director for this, which I found pretty interesting. He used to be at Sony Santa Monica, where he headed up God of War 3.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

As elmo said, after all failures they have had recently - all which have been forced to use their non user friendly engine and they have all been flops. Maybe EA have finally just said fuck it, use whatever means necessary, just make sure its good.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Stig Asmussen is the game director for this, which I found pretty interesting. He used to be at Sony Santa Monica, where he headed up God of War 3.

Pretty good bet if youíre going for a good SP game I guess. God of War games have always been good.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I actually quite enjoyed The Force Unleashed games back in the day. Sure, the gameplay tended to be a bit repetitive and boring, but the setting and art design clawed most of that back for me. I’m hoping this ends up being a similar sort of concept (and it’s already set in the same period, i.e. between the prequel and original trilogies).

Stig said in an interview with IGN that it’s not open world, and there’s no stealth gameplay (at least by design). He made it sound very much like the premise is just kicking arse with the force, much like The Force Unleashed games. He also mentioned that while it’s linear in a sense, the environments are very ‘wide’, and it seems like there might be a sort of hubworld situation going on.

EDIT: Concept art:

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 15-04-2019 at 05:14 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--