AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default Good stuff on Stan

Decided to fire up my 30 day free trial to watch season 4 of Better call Saul, which was not as good as the previous seasons imo, I think I might start paying for it though. $12 a month, only never bothered before as it is metered traffic on internode as opposed to free for Netflix.
    There is heaps of content especially when I am running low on Netflix content with watching. They seem to all be in bloody English for a start, sick of starting a show to find it in dubbed English over German or plain old polish with subtitles.. I think I spend 15 minutes just trying to find something to watch now.

Quite a lot of adult content, 'Smilf' kills Netflixes 'sex education' comedy (which I am yet to suffer through entirely), breaking bad is on my list to watch again,

Looks like they have pretty much all of the Marvel content if that interests you, must be a hundred Disney's if not.

So many series going back to old stuff, seinfeldt, friends, Lost, scrubs etc, a bunch of aussie stuff, all 6 series of underbelly, molly, etc.. Deadwood! cocksuckers

Still to explore the movie section, got to watch the new robocop finally.

Anyway, it's worth a look, will post anything awesome I find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Yeah they have a pretty decent library in Stan. I was quite surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

They've really upped their library in the last little while, I got three months with a Spiderman deal at JB in November and since I got it they added shitloads of Disney content and I'm pretty sure they added every bond

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    They've really upped their library in the last little while, I got three months with a Spiderman deal at JB in November and since I got it they added shitloads of Disney content and I'm pretty sure they added every bond

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    The Disney and Marvel stuff was a bit of a master stroke. Disney are about to launch their own service in the USA (Disney Plus I think itíll be called?) to compete with Netflix. Theyíve already pulled all of their stuff that they can from Netflix (which is why none of the Marvel Netflix series are being renewed for new seasons).

But Disney arenít ready to launch in Australia yet. They donít want their stuff to remain on Netflix out here, because theyíll be directly competing with Netflix (the company). But theyíre not competing with Stan (yet), until they eventually launch Disney Plus out here. So they can make some money off the Australian market by selling to Stan, while weakening their main international competitor (Netflix) at the same time. Stan moved pretty deftly there to make it happen.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

One of the Stan exclusives is worth a look, Philip k Dicks short story's with some decent actors to boot. Electric Dreams, it's like a cross between twilight zone and black mirror almost.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I activated my 3 month free trial (courtesy of PlayStation) recently and I just finished watching Dexter. I cheated a bit though... Iíd watched the start of the first season many years ago, but never really got hooked. My YouTube feed had some Dexter stuff start to appear in it though (probably because Iíd been watching some Chuck stuff, and Yvonne Strahovski is in both shows), and I saw there was a big development at the start of season 7 involving him and his sister that intrigued me, so I just watched season 7 and 8 (the final two seasons).

I have to say I was very impressed, the actress who plays Deb was pretty damn stellar in those two seasons. Quite the emotional gauntlet, and she handled it all really well. I think sheís starring in a brand new show thatís about to be released (The Enemy Within, or something like that) too, so I might have to check that out eventually.

Now Iím tossing up whether to go back and watch the earlier seasons too. Probably not (I donít really feel like I missed anything important), but Iíd be interested to hear the thoughts of any Dexter fans.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I activated my 3 month free trial (courtesy of PlayStation) recently and I just finished watching Dexter. I cheated a bit though... Iíd watched the start of the first season many years ago, but never really got hooked. My YouTube feed had some Dexter stuff start to appear in it though (probably because Iíd been watching some Chuck stuff, and Yvonne Strahovski is in both shows), and I saw there was a big development at the start of season 7 involving him and his sister that intrigued me, so I just watched season 7 and 8 (the final two seasons).

I have to say I was very impressed, the actress who plays Deb was pretty damn stellar in those two seasons. Quite the emotional gauntlet, and she handled it all really well. I think sheís starring in a brand new show thatís about to be released (The Enemy Within, or something like that) too, so I might have to check that out eventually.

Now Iím tossing up whether to go back and watch the earlier seasons too. Probably not (I donít really feel like I missed anything important), but Iíd be interested to hear the thoughts of any Dexter fans.

The season with John Lithgow (Season 4) is probably the best of the entire series. The first 2 are pretty good as well.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Good stuff on Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    The season with John Lithgow (Season 4) is probably the best of the entire series. The first 2 are pretty good as well.

Cheers, I might check out season 4 then. I see that Lithgow won an Emmy for that role.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Cheers, I might check out season 4 then. I see that Lithgow won an Emmy for that role.

He plays the part perfectly, such a good run.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Brave, didn't know dexter was on stan, I never finished it, I think 2 seasons left but general consensus was they are not worth watching, I'll check it out based on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) FirstWabuu's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    FirstWabuu
    XBLA
    Wabuu

...so I just watched season 7 and 8 (the final two seasons)...
    Oh Stiff, No!

Loco almost said it right:
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    The season with John Lithgow (Season 4) is probably the best of the entire series.
    What he should have said is that Season 4 is hands down the best season of the series. Lithgow gives a memorable performance (as always), the way the overarching A, B and C stories intertwine is intriguing to say the least and the tension, pacing and character development is all perfectly constructed. That and the way that
    is a testament to the incredible writing that, combined with everything else, makes the show great. That isn't really a spoiler, as it's never actually directly mentioned in the show but it is probably a lot more interesting if you come to the conclusion yourself.

Although I understand that Dexter might be a little out of your wheelhouse, being more of the fantasy/sci-fi fan that you are, it is a shame to hear that you skipped all the best seasons that held the character development and unfolding mystery that leads to the 'big development' at the start of season 7.

Funnily enough your blasphemy comes at a coincidental time as I am currently doing a rewatch of Dexter with my wife and just last night reached the first episode of Season 8. I'm not sure if you would technically call it my 8th rewatch of the series because the breakdown is as follows:

Season 1: Watched 8 times
    Season 2: 8 times
    Season 3: 8 times
    Season 4: 8 times
    Season 5: 4 times
    Season 6: 3 times
    Season 7: 2 times
    Season 8: 1 time (and this is now the second time through.)

I've probably only watched the later seasons less because I used to have the first four seasons on DVD and when season 6 came out I started watching it with my now wife. Rewatching the same series takes a back seat when you have to expose someone to a lot of TV shows that you like.

Safe to say that Dexter is easily my favourite dramatic serial TV show. I could go on and on about it but I'll stop here since it is off the thread topic.

Suffice to say, watch Seasons 2-4... or at the very least just watch Season 4.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Id say seasons 7 & 8 are worse than 3-4-5 & 6. Without watching the earlier stuff I'd imagine you would miss a lot of underlying references in S7.

Agree, Deb is awesome, very conflicted.