Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS4 | Path of Exile

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Sounds like youre doing alright gilly, I only underdtood half the stuff youre talking about! Im at the end of Act 2, lvl 25... Apparently Act 5 is where the difficulty spike is?

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Sounds like youre doing alright gilly, I only underdtood half the stuff youre talking about! Im at the end of Act 2, lvl 25... Apparently Act 5 is where the difficulty spike is?
    Dunno, only in act 3 at the moment. I can kill everything without too much hassle, but I have to be really careful to not die to bosses and in the memory fragments, or if there's just lots of spellcasters in general.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

After today I've realised so much more about the game, and thanks to gilly how them damn slots work lol

On act 5 now with my lol 45 witch, have noticed the bigger mobs but my abilities keep them at bay for now.

More so the prophecy bosses are the killers, it's honestly not fair how powerful they are.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I definitely need to start looking for/crafting some good gear. Without decent elemental resist evade is only so helpful with no energy shield. Just getting through some act 4 areas is a pain in the ass with a few yellow enemies shooting fireballs at me from off screen. Am definitely enjoying it, just need to figure out if there's a way to get the drop bear pet for free or not.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I had a weird thing in Act 4. When I got to the mines where you activate the cart (delve?), I had heaps of it open to me... Didn't help me get any loot though cos I kept dying, just thought it was odd.

Crafting good gear seems pointless at low levels to me, once you get 5 levels higher you would likely need to make it all over again. I've just been throwing on gear as i find it provided it has the colour linked gem slots I need. Every 5 or so levels I take everything off, check my stash for the highest gear, chuck it on and sell the rest. Gonna save as many crafting mats for later... The crafting does seem pretty good, you can buy a white item from a vendor, add quality, add slots and links, upgrade it to rare and it ends up pretty decent and thats not even starting on the synthesis mechanic... So much to figure out.

AUFFFFF ... wtf?! who are you??
    Clan
    auf
    PSN
    Bonesmackn
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah I played this for a little bit on PC aswell started again now on PS4 it seems pretty daunting at first starting out there's so much to it

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Forgot to DL this the other day so did it tonight might check it out during the week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Didn't help me get any loot though cos I kept dying
    Yep, that was me for my first few delves, the worst bit was the one or two time I successfully completed the encounter before dying immediately and seeing good loot on the floor that I couldn't go back and retrieve.

Also, PSA. Be very careful when swapping gear around. I wanted to upgrade my boots, so I spent many orbs re-rolling the sockets on a new pair. I was so annoyed at how long it took that I forgot to notice that my current boots were what gave me the strength to wear my gloves. I also didn't realise that a gem in my bow was ready to level up but wouldn't because I didn't have the intelligence for the next level. Upon equipping the new boots, because they had intelligence the gem leveled up as well as my gloves becoming unusable. When I noticed the gloves unusual I swapped back only to be utterly confused as to why my character put her bow away.

First order of business tonight will be finding gloves that don't require strength.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Good heads up mate... I know you can lock gems to stop them levelling up but i had no idea why you would want to do such a thing - now I do.

I only ran one 'current' mission last night, instead i went back to Act 1 to sweep for quests I had missed which got me a couple of passive skill points, it was awesome being heaps OP and one shotting mobs

Another PSA: If you keep doing the memory fragments, make sure you visit the nexus every now and again as you can only have 10 memories stored - you need to place them into the memory map before you can collect more.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Hows everyone travelling with this?

I'm at lvl 55, just about to start Act 7. I'm going to backtrack a bit before I get into the act though, I've missed a few side quests (with the (optional) tag) and feel like some of them will reward the passive skill book... One such quest is blowing up a wall in the mines with dynamite... I have died a few times trying to figure it out but i think I've got it now. pressing R3 lets you assign your skills instead of going into your menu to do it and you can add dynamite and flare to one of your ability buttons there - I dont think it was explained anywhere.

Brilliant game, stash space is becoming tight and I reckon I might spend some cash on some tabs. I'm getting by with the space I have but I am being brutal with what gear I keep. Dont mind spending money on this though, hours of entertainment

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm nearly lvl 50 on my synthesis league character in act 5, slowed down heaps, partly due to re-gearing to go ES/evasion and elemental resistance since up till late act 4 I was getting by with nearly no resist or ES and pure evasion, and partly due to starting a standard league character to join rangi and freeman. It's going to take a while to find a build that just clicks for me I think.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

That passive tree is huge! Finding any build without wasting a few points will be a miracle.

Just been looking at prices for stash tabs, it seems they run a sale every few weeks on various stash bundles... Hopefully they bring that to PS4 too.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

My witch is 52 I think, I think also I've been lucky to fluke an ok build for my first run. I seem to take more notice on my new scion on normal mode.

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

One thing that can really make or break a build is getting the right linked sockets. Ran out of chromatic orbs last night on my standard character and really needed some cause I was getting shafted with the drops, accidentally fast travelled to the beast master place and found out you can craft them, a couple of dead beasties gained me a stack of 8, might actually start paying attention to that place now

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Nice! Haven't done beastmaster stuff at all yet...

You know the items with a green outline are chromatic right? I'm guessing thats where you currently get them.

I'd recommend starting to save a bunch of those, you're probs gonna get rid of all the items you're currently wearing by the time you're lvl 60-65ish and you'll defo want max. linked sockets eventually. The odds of getting a 6 linked chest piece in the exact colour combo :/

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

From what I can tell, if you sell an item with at least one socket of each colour (not sure wether or not they have to be linked) you get a chromatic. You can also buy them straight up, if you've got enough currency, but killing the beasts was certainly a less inventory management challenged way to get them.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Yep, all three linked. The item has a green outline so its easy to spot. Theres heaps of useful vendor recipies on the wiki, like any 6 socket item will give u an orb, but they all seem a bit wasteful til end game.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Yep, all three linked. The item has a green outline so its easy to spot. Theres heaps of useful vendor recipies on the wiki, like any 6 socket item will give u an orb, but they all seem a bit wasteful til end game.
    I got 7 jewelers orbs from one bow with 6 sockets earlier, definitely keeping my eye out now. Haven't noticed any green outlines on the chromatic items, maybe I'm just blind.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I've been keeping 5-6 socket bows for you too, there prob shit for you but they have the sockets lol.

My witch build has gone stupid now, apparently my flame wave does around 5300 dmg a cast. And with my support gem adding a second cast for free it's just death.

I think need Skeleton warriors but the golems are just way too perfect lol

Last edited by Sir_eFFex; 09-04-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Want some candy

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Damn, 5300! My arc (main ability) only does around 1800 i think. It also has the double support gem and chains so it works but its like a third of yours... I'll have to see if I've got flame wave lol

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

My arc is only around 1300 but chains an extra 2 times.

I think I get alot of bonus for choosing the elementalist subclass

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Want some candy

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Wave of Conviction hey... Dont think I have that

probably wouldn't work with the passive tree I've been building anyway cos I've been picking up +lightning damage nodes along the way for Arc & Conductivity.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

The next season has just been announced starting June 10th (ish). It also comes with a huge rework to the melee combat.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Haven't played this in ages

Want some candy

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Very few people (AUF) seem to have tried it. Whiskeyjack is on ALL the time and Ive seen yourself, Gilly & Spud but not for ages... TBH its not the best in a group cos the loot is shared so whoever is running ahead gets all the good stuff. Still, it would be good to see a few people around, maybe even do some trading.

GGG website for information on the event. -- LEGION -- https://www.pathofexile.com/legion

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I've been slowing down on this because I don't particularly feel synthesis is a good intro to the game. I'm not a huge fan of the pace of it, compared to diablo 3. getting to the 'end game' content takes forever compared to D3, and by the time you get to act 6 it just feels like a slog. You can spec so much into health and resistance and at a certain point there's just so much shit going on you die in a few frames. Still think I'll platinum it, but I'm just taking my time in standard league.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Apparently Synthesis will not be transferring to the core game so after this league, it'll be gone. I quite like the Nexus part and building your own linked zones but I don't understand the fractured items well enough - TBH I don't understand all the item modifiers in general nevermind the additional ones from fractured/synthesised items.

Yeah, the 30% resistance hit you take from chaos after act 5 is a bit harsh. Moving into act 6 - which already has increased difficulty - and trying to get back up to 75% for all res. is painful, you pretty much have to replace your entire gear set or craft resistances onto every piece just to get back to where you were.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

The new season "Legion" is underway. Good time to give it a go if you haven't already...

Free game.

https://www.pathofexile.com/game