Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PS4 | Red Dead Online

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Alright, I went and picked up a new chat headset thingy today (on sale at EB, yerp).

I could not enter online last night despite having the ultimate edition...perhaps because I did not enter any of the codes for the free and fancy stuff as I just wanted to play and not bother with all the updates I knew it would require...

However, those updates have been done now. (I love the way you can play single player while the thing downloads that 8GB file).

Better switch on and begin the struggle again... Now where's me reading glasses.

Oh, Would love to reconnect with some of you lot if anyone is playing tonight. Hell, I will even just chat while SPing if nothing else is happening.

WaRD special consultant..

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by themonkeysmiles View Post
    Alright, I went and picked up a new chat headset thingy today (on sale at EB, yerp).

I could not enter online last night despite having the ultimate edition...perhaps because I did not enter any of the codes for the free and fancy stuff as I just wanted to play and not bother with all the updates I knew it would require...

However, those updates have been done now. (I love the way you can play single player while the thing downloads that 8GB file).

Better switch on and begin the struggle again... Now where's me reading glasses.

Oh, Would love to reconnect with some of you lot if anyone is playing tonight. Hell, I will even just chat while SPing if nothing else is happening.
    I'll be on mate and i'll ride with you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    I pick alot of plants thats mainly what keeps my horse going XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hay @0.25c a pop..cheapest and best food for it

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Sweet Des.

Now just to see if I can get it running.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I probably wonít be on tonight unfortunately, Iím trying to get some Hitman stuff done before he Elusive Target (real world time sensitive) ends... but I plan to be playing a lot of RDO after that, so Iíll be gaming with you again shortly monkey! Sucks to be you

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Fun and games last night teaming up with krunt,Sarum, smiling and my young fella (Rumoxx).. stealing carriages and driving them off cliffs with posse members as non paying customers aboard was hilarious.. I think Sarum saved some video of that.. Bar fights a plenty in valentine as well... did a feud fight with Krunt, best of 5, sadly it's just bragging rights.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Yeah it was nice to reconnect with you fellers last night.

Going on again soon to keep levelling up and try to make some cash so I can buy the bow. Need to run along to the gun store and get my free ultimate edition stuff as well. Then it will be hunting time.

Next goals after that will be the fishing gear and a rifle to take on bears.

So far the online experience has been pretty good, even when riding solo. Not too many glitches until later in the night, only one disconnect which aint bad.

I just watched a vid on the money making pig thing in valentine, so I am gonna do that for a bit, possibly, valentine is a bit of a free for all with plenty of idiots in the street.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Can confirm horse spawning area in Saint denis happens in online.. but you cant sell or swap horses.. cant sell stolen horses.. am yet to try broken in wild horses.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Online

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    Can confirm horse spawning area in Saint denis happens in online.. but you cant sell or swap horses.. cant sell stolen horses.. am yet to try broken in wild horses.
    I broke a horse but think in a gunfight it took off never to be seen again sadly

Edit: no it was that darn cougar that scared it off n i was then left to carry the carcass all the way to that ladys place. If anyone was wondering it takes about 7mins to jog it there XD

Last edited by SNKYwolf; 02-12-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I think everyone playing already knows about it, but there are four free items for PS4 users that everyone should get (it never tells you about them):

High Roller Double-Action Revolver: get it for free from any Fence.

Grizzlies Outlaw Outfit: get it for free from a Tailor or General Store under the Special Outfits section.

Red Chestnut Arabian: available for free from any stable. Youíll need to sell your current horse in order to get it if you only have one stable slot though. Itís better than the normal starting horse you get from doing that tutorial mission.

Alligator Saddle: at the Stable in the Tack > Tack & Services > click an empty slot > Special Saddles. Itís better than the other default saddle.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

So the last story mission , guess we have to wait for more shenanigans.

I was just getting into it too. I like the prolonged and slower paced co-op missions.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Finally cracked lvl 10 and got my bow tonight.

Now for the hunt.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Finally cracked lvl 10 and got my bow tonight.

Now for the hunt.
    Now the grind begins.. im going for the bolt action now, that along with the bow and varmit rifle should make it easier for perfect pelts and dealing at a distance those griefers from afar.

Gang hideouts are a great way to get some easy cash and loot along with the chance of getting a treasure map..just note that if youre in a posse the treasure map only affects and rewards the player who found it.. here is a site that gives all the info...

Online Treasure Map Locations, Gang Hideouts, and Gold Bars - Red Dead Redemption 2 Wiki Guide - IGN
    https://m.au.ign.com/wikis/red-dead-..._and_Gold_Bars
    Last edited by keppida; 03-12-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    So the last story mission , guess we have to wait for more shenanigans.

I was just getting into it too. I like the prolonged and slower paced co-op missions.
    Iím not sure if it was a glitch, but the last story mission paid me an insane amount of money: about $250. Maybe only the person hosting the finale gets that, in which case everyone needs to get on that pronto if they havenít worked through their story mode strand yet.

Between that and the treasure maps I was able to get the persistent posse (ďAustralian ForcesĒ) and the bolt action, so I just need to save up for the bow now.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Dont people just lasso and stab creatures in the neck? A perfect deer gets me $10 im not to sure how every other creature stands but thats good enough for me

Tried a pvp match last night and was not very fond of it at all. Peaking anywhere close to 1 guy was an instant headshot no matter what range i was at revolver or repeater. The instant 180s people where doing aswell i now see why you all want like free aim n that
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 03-12-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Please delete
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 03-12-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Sorry pressed wrong button please delete

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Dont people just lasso and stab creatures in the neck? A perfect deer gets me $10 im not to sure how every other creature stands but thats good enough for me
    Depends on the animal! Smajs and I (mostly me) chased something (Pronghorn I think) from one end of New Austin to the other on horseback and never managed to catch up to the bastard. He earned his freedom that one.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Rockstar may reset all progress in online when beta ends..
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_de...-says-rockstar

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    Rockstar may reset all progress in online when beta ends..
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_de...-says-rockstar
    Yeah, they're just covering themselves in case characters get deleted, as happened when GTAO launched. Unless that happens, or a massive money making exploit breaks the economy, they won't touch your characters.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone else having trouble with the stranger missions?

Last night mine would start one n then as the guy finishes talking theyd start a new one which then cancels both.

Also had to collect a carriage which then got stuck on a water tap.

then after that had to hunt a wolf but another player was in the spawn location either waiting for it or was doing the same mission. Once he killed it and i watched him ride off with it i was unable to complete the mission

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone else having trouble with the stranger missions?

Last night mine would start one n then as the guy finishes talking theyd start a new one which then cancels both.

Also had to collect a carriage which then got stuck on a water tap.

then after that had to hunt a wolf but another player was in the spawn location either waiting for it or was doing the same mission. Once he killed it and i watched him ride off with it i was unable to complete the mission

I havenít had any problems, but Iíve only done two. Iíve mostly been either hunting or doing story missions.

I havenít tried any of the dedicated PvP modes yet, hopefully some of those are good.

I havenít done any races yet either, but unless everyone starts with the same horse and saddle itís absolutely pointless. At least in GTA races driving skill was the great leveller, but horse riding in RDO involves no skill at all, unless theyíre some kind of weird obstacle races.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 04-12-2018 at 12:34 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I havenít had any problems, but Iíve only done two. Iíve mostly been either hunting or doing story missions.

I havenít tried any of the dedicated PvP modes yet, hopefully some of those are good.

I havenít done any races yet either, but unless everyone starts with the same horse and saddle itís absolutely pointless. At least in GTA races driving skill was the great leveller, but horse riding in RDO involves no skill at all, unless theyíre some kind of weird obstacle races.

I mainly hunt to just throw in a stranger mission every now and then to mix it up.

Well from the 1 game i did in a group of randoms trying to steal and deliver a horse to a location wasnt the best.

Might try racing next time im on i think that could be fun. Guess youd need to get a decent race horse or something and take care of it to give it better stam and that which might change how the race turns out

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Remember they can come up and kick you, my experience in racing was it happens alot and is a form of griefing allowing specific people to win.. like the good old boosting days of bf3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

PSA: normally you unlock the off-hand holster (and dual wielding) at level 25. But you can buy it earlier with 2 gold bars if youíre so inclined.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

I enjoy the nice chilled out game that this is in the story.

After a go @ rdo and a read on future plans the PS subscription I have can expire and I'm going to continue exploring open world games and return at a later date (year) to give online a go again.

I understand games are expensive to make and it's all business.
    Grinding is fine. I did it with gtao. Worked a treat when I'm sick but gives many many hours of (repetitive) play... This type of grinding also takes many people away from every day life.. I have meet people who have lost jobs/wives to this style or grinding released.
    If I want a casual game, jumping on with people who live on it and spend the money to get the best of the best imho is just shit. Grand theft online for example.

Gaming has/is taking a major turn. I think that in a few years we will look back and laugh at this 'battle royal era'
    Last edited by OvACoNfIDeNT; 04-12-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

PS_Messages_20181204_193318.jpg

Sitting back chilling beside the fire.. with krunt and my son.. who looks realy like his character.. spooky

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

This off the rockstar newswire website...
    Updates incoming....

RED DEAD ONLINE BETA STATUS UPDATE

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the Beta so far, we appreciate your help in testing the game! Your feedback from these early days will be instrumental in helping formulate updates to every aspect of the experience. Our current areas of focus include the in-game economy, which will require some additional balancing in order to ensure all activities are appropriately rewarding and fun, as well as some persistent bugs that are causing some players to be kicked from sessions. The game has been developed so that we will be able to quickly make any adjustments like these, and we plan to get updates out as early as the end of this week with more updates to come next week. Feedback from the community has been invaluable, and we will continue to keep you regularly updated as things progress. We hope you continue to play and enjoy the game, and please keep sending your feedback to*reddeadonline.com/feedback.
    Last edited by keppida; 05-12-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Thanks Des. On twitter they added this too:

ďFor players concerned about the potential for progress and stat resets, we currently do not have any plans to reset them as part of the Betaís rollout.Ē

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    I enjoy the nice chilled out game that this is in the story.

After a go @ rdo and a read on future plans the PS subscription I have can expire and I'm going to continue exploring open world games and return at a later date (year) to give online a go again.

I understand games are expensive to make and it's all business.
    Grinding is fine. I did it with gtao. Worked a treat when I'm sick but gives many many hours of (repetitive) play... This type of grinding also takes many people away from every day life.. I have meet people who have lost jobs/wives to this style or grinding released.
    If I want a casual game, jumping on with people who live on it and spend the money to get the best of the best imho is just shit. Grand theft online for example.

Gaming has/is taking a major turn. I think that in a few years we will look back and laugh at this 'battle royal era'
    Ark is 100 times worse XD and i lived on that game the frind is real. Its not a great feeling seeing hours of ingame work gone by people who dont work or just pay to win.
    Auto lock needs to go aswell or even just a not so accurate lock on.

They really need to find a way to deal with griefers hope they add the bounty system like in singleplayer.

Love the hunting and that time really flys when ur focusing on a task. Also the randomness of the wildlife while hunting found an old shack, while looting i could hear my horse freaking and the the growl of a bear. The animals in this game freak me out XD

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Has been actually fun tonight. Thanks for the shenanigans lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy