Thread: PS4 | Red Dead Online

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Online

FWIW, there’s a bug in the game that a lot of people are using to make money at the moment. If you replace a large fish on the back of your horse with another one from the left side, the old one will fall to the ground but not be removed from your official horse cargo. You can use that to effectively carry an unlimited number of large fish on your horse. I expect it’ll get fixed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    Yeah it's good with the defensive but I don't get that feel of suspense walking near someone... could it be pistols, rifles or a good old throw down in the streets of Valentine.

I miss the old shootouts with monkey (wherever that fella went lol), a simple fish turned into a roping and drowning.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    I think people are still trying to learn the intricacies of the new system, and are a bit gunshy at the moment. I’ve noticed that even free roam missions (which are meant to be consequence free PVP free-for-alls) don’t draw any attention yet. I expect that’ll change as people start to understand the new systems a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 21-05-2019 at 11:01 AM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Well.best I get fishing lol

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Well.best I get fishing lol

I’m not condoning it, just reporting it! Be aware that Rockstar could ban you, or take the money off you if you do it. I think the former is unlikely (but possible), but the latter is something they’ve regularly done in GTAO.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Live like a king until the law catches up haha

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Live like a king until the law catches up haha
    OUTLAWS UNTIL THE PATCH

In GTAO the advice always seemed to be “spend it as soon as you get it,” because apparently they would reduce bank accounts but not reverse purchases. But I’m not sure how true that was or how it worked because I never did any of those sorts of GTAO money glitches, it was the heists that made me rich

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

RDR2 tunables have been updated for this week. They’ve added new clothing (including a free hat), and new stranger missions. The stranger missions are characters from the SP:
    Jake and Sadie Adler
    Black Belle

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I have not been able to initiate any stranger missions, the option to accept has been greyed out all the time.

Have not done any of the new story missions either ha, hopefully I can get right into a mission and stay until it competes.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I have not been able to initiate any stranger missions, the option to accept has been greyed out all the time.

Have not done any of the new story missions either ha, hopefully I can get right into a mission and stay until it competes.
    They appear to have fixed the crashing, I haven’t had any for a couple of days now.

A lot of people are reporting that bug with starting Stranger missions, although I didn’t have any trouble when I tried one. Maybe I just got lucky.

I’ve been trying to do the two new low honour missions via quick join, but no luck yet

There are free jackets, hats, and (maybe?) some free horse saddles or saddle bags I think. The hat is stupid but the jacket is quite nice, at least for female characters.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Newswire post for this week’s tunables:

[SIZE=26px]INTRODUCING FREE ROAM MISSIONS FROM BLACK BELLE, SADIE & JAKE ADLER PLUS NEW SKIRT, BOOTS AND VEST, PS4 EARLY ACCESS CONTENT AND MORE[/SIZE]

Last week, we added the first of many new Free Roam Missions, with new mission types and some new characters to meet along the way. This week, two fan favorites from the Red Dead Redemption 2 story join the cast of characters in the market for a helping hand in the world of Red Dead Online.

Ride out to the Adler Ranch in Ambarino or search out the infamous gunslinger Black Belle in Lemoyne for new Free Roam Missions to play in Red Dead Online for both PS4 and Xbox One.

This week's updates also include new Early Access content for players on PlayStation 4 including the devastating Ancient Tomahawk along with a new Make It Count: Ancient Tomahawk Showdown Mode. There's also Last Stand, a bloody free-for-all Showdown Mode with no way out, no second chances and one winner. PlayStation 4 players will also get early access to the new Perlino Andalusian Horse and new horse equipment, clothing and emotes. For more details, visit the PlayStation Blog.

The Clothing section of the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has new options on offer, including the Wescott Skirt, Valdez Vest, Citadel Boots, and limited stock of the Plaid Cap.

In addition to 25% RDO$ and Gold increased payouts for all A Land of Opportunities Missions, Free Roam Missions, Showdown Modes, Races and Free Roam Events – playing in a Posse this week at any point will earn you 5 bonus Gold Bars. There are a number of benefits to playing in a Posse beyond this week’s 5 bonus Gold Bars, including bonus RDO$ and XP when playing together, and the ability to bring an entire Posse into Free Roam Events, Competitive Challenges, or Showdown Series.

We continue to work behind the scenes to address overall game stability and performance with recent fixes including closing some duplication exploits, resolving issues related to reduced numbers of animals in sessions, updating Defensive mode to revert Playing Style to Offensive and apply a Hostility penalty when stealing cargo from another player’s horse and more.
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...die-Jake-Adler

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I crashed twice in the half hour I played tonight, d'oh.

Did manage to do one stranger mission where I had to take out several targets inside an armoured fort, was good fun, received a bounty of 10 cents after and the law came screaming in as if I had unpaid traffic tickets...

I picked up some new gear, white spiffy coat to match the gloves and shoes, topped off by a hat as bright as a lighthouse, a smooth criminal now.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Here’s the PlayStation blog post that talks about the free shit we got:

[SIZE=26px]Red Dead Online: New Early Access Content for PS4 Players Out Now[/SIZE]
    Including the brutal Ancient Tomahawk, new clothing and emotes, and two new Showdown Modes.

Last week’s Red Dead Online update saw the game’s biggest content drop yet including a huge range of new cooperative story missions, Free Roam activities, Poker and sweeping improvements including the introduction of Playing Styles, increased gold payouts and more. This week, PlayStation 4 players get early access to new Showdown Modes, clothing, emotes and a brutal new melee weapon, all free of charge and without rank restriction.

[SIZE=22px]The Ancient Tomahawk[/SIZE]

Visit your local Fence to acquire the throwable Ancient Tomahawk, free of charge and available to players of any rank.

[SIZE=22px]The Perlino Andalusian Horse, Horse Equipment, Clothing and Emotes[/SIZE]

Visit the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue in the game or online to check out a range of new content available at no cost with no rank restrictions for PlayStation 4 players only.

The Perlino Andalusian Horse has higher stamina for longer rides and can be acquired for free along with a new saddle and saddlebags. Or visit a General Store or Tailor to try on the Finely Jacket, Stenger Studded Spurs and the Caldwell Hat to take them home free of charge. You can also get the Boast and Hey, You emotes from the Catalogue and equip them for use through the Emote Wheel.

[SIZE=22px]Make it Count: Ancient Tomahawk[/SIZE]

A true test of resourcefulness: use nothing but Ancient Tomahawks to be the last one standing in this free-for-all Showdown Mode. Take down your enemies silently by throwing the Ancient Tomahawk or getting up-close and personal. With a gradually shrinking play area, there’s nowhere to run. Launch Make it Count in the Special Series from the Red Dead Online main menu, through the Quick Join option in the Player Menu or by visiting the Special Series icon on your map.

[SIZE=22px]Last Stand[/SIZE]

Last Stand is a new variation of free-for-all competition where players compete to survive in two-minute bouts, resulting in a bloody free-for-all with no way out, no second chances, and one winner. Be the last one alive to win a bout. You can jump into Last Stand via the Red Dead Online main menu, the Quick Join option from the Player Menu or by visiting the Special Series icon on your map.

In addition to this suite of Early Access Content for PS4 players, you can earn five Gold Bars for playing in a Posse any time before May 27. Enjoy this range of new content and keep an eye on Red Dead Online in the weeks to come for new content and events.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...ayers-out-now/

EDIT: In summary, this is the free stuff:

Caldwell Hat
    Finley Jacket
    Stenger Studded Spurs
    Boast Emote
    Hey You Emote
    Horse: Perlino Andalusian
    Belanger Saddle
    Saddle Bags: Standard & Upgraded (10 styles of each)
    Ancient Tomahawk (available from Fence)

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 22-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Continuous blue screens trying to get this horse

Edit: Got the horse, 4 blue screens so far

Last edited by Sir_eFFex; 22-05-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Continuous blue screens trying to get this horse

Edit: Got the horse, 4 blue screens so far

Sorry to hear that mate. I haven’t had any since last weekend, so whatever the problem was seems to have resolved itself for me (famous last words).

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 23-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Rockstar put out a stability patch last night to address the crashes. Early reports are that it’s done the trick.

There were some new clothes, emote, game mode, and a few other things released last night as well:

INTRODUCING THE WILD ANIMAL KILLS CHALLENGE AND HEAD FOR THE HILLS MODE
    ALSO THIS WEEK: A LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES BONUSES, 2-STEP VERIFICATION GIFT AND MORE

Prove your status as a big game hunter in the new Wild Animal Kills Challenge. Accept an invite to this new Free Roam Event to pit yourself against other sportsmen with weapons and offensive attacks against other players disabled – so the focus of this Free Roam Event is squarely on the hunt.

Points are awarded based on the size of the animal, with small animals worth one point, medium size worth two, and large animals worth three. As the challenge unfolds, prized and especially dangerous predators like wolves, cougars and bears will emerge… take them down for bonus points.

Also live today is Head for the Hills, a new Showdown Mode where players take turns making a last-ditch run across no-man's-land to their safe house, while opponents have only one objective: to hunt you down. Stake out the high ground, hide in the shadows or stalk your enemies out in the open, but don’t let them get to safety. We will also add two more new Showdown Modes over the next two weeks - stay tuned for details on Public Enemy and Sport of Kings coming in the weeks ahead.

Earn bonus Cash and Gold in certain missions from A Land of Opportunities. This week, new players will earn a bonus RDO$50 for completing the first mission, Honor Among Horse Thieves. Earn a bonus RDO$75 for completing Kill Them, Each and Every One; and a bonus 10 Gold Bars for completing Destroyed by Grief.

This week also brings a new Showdown Mode inspired care package for everyone, visit your Camp Lockbox or Post Office to pick up a gift of:

5x Potent Miracle Tonic
    5x Potent Snake Oil
    5x Potent Health Cure
    5x Potent Bitters
    120x Express Revolver Ammo

Wheeler, Rawson and Co's latest clothing updates this week include the Flora Corseted Chemise and Paddon Shirt tops - along with limited supply of the Plaid Cap, Racoon Hat and Shaffer Chaps. You can also now feign outrage with the new How Dare You emote.

This week, we're also awarding the unique and exclusive tint of the Racoon Hat pictured above to anyone who has 2-Step Verification on their Social Club account, including those who enable it this week (who'll also receive 10 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online and GTA$500,000 in GTA Online).

To switch on 2-Step Verification for your Social Club account, go to https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/settings/mfa

Join us for our very first Red Dead Online community live stream this Friday May 31, 5pm Eastern on the official Rockstar Facebook, Twitch and YouTube channels. We’ll also be putting out a call on our Twitter tomorrow looking to round up a few community friends to Posse up with as we’ll be playing on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We’ll be getting into all sorts of rip roaring action from the latest update, from this week’s new Head for the Hills Showdown Mode to taking on Free Roam Missions and Posse Versus Challenges to some hands of Poker at the saloon and more. Look for more Red Dead Online and GTA Online live streams to be announced in the weeks and months ahead. Subscribe and follow for all our go-live notifications.
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-the-Hills-Mod

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Speaking of outfits, in single player I have a bug where I can only save 2 custom outfits, not game-breaking but y'know, when a fella wants to step out in town with the ladies he has to be dapper, and when it's time for a killin' he has to ditch the top hats and tails from chasing tail.

I have had the same clothes on so long, that NPC's have begun to comment unfavourably upon my appearance...this of course has led to much abrupt uproar and occasional bodily harm.

Been caught on the cusp of a new wash cycle everyday man.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Newswire post for this week:

[SIZE=26px]RED DEAD ONLINE: FINAL WEEK FOR RANK 10 AND 20 CARE PACKAGES PLUS NEW CLOTHING, XP BONUS, EMOTE AND MORE[/SIZE]

For those who still have yet to hit Ranks 10 and 20 in Red Dead Online, you have until June 24th to cross these thresholds and earn a pair of special one-time care packages stuffed with valuable ammo and provisions. Players who are at least Rank 10 will get premium hunting supplies including baits to lure game, 20 Small Game Arrows that help deliver clean kills to smaller animals and Poison Arrows for taking down large and dangerous prey. You’ll also get 20 Fire Arrows to take into combat.

If you hit at least Rank 20 by June 24th, you'll get useful provisions, from 5 tins of Jolly Jack’s that fortify your Dead Eye meter with a gold outer bar and 3 Oregano Big Game Meat that give your Stamina meter a gold core.

Rank 10 Bonus Care Package
    • 20x Small Game Arrows
    • 20x Fire Arrows
    • 20x Poison Arrows
    • 5x Predator Bait
    • 5x Herbivore Bait

Rank 20 Bonus Care Package
    • 3x Minty Big Game Meat
    • 3x Oregano Big Game Meat
    • 3x Thyme Big Game Meat
    • 10x Baked Beans
    • 10x Corned Beef
    • 10x Canned Salmon
    • 5x Jolly Jack's
    • 5x Cocaine Gum
    • 5x Moonshine
    • 5x Gin
    • 5x Guarma Rum
    • 5x Fine Brandy

The latest additions to the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue in Red Dead Online include the Lightfoot Pants, a novel design which features slit pockets at the front and statement stitching round the waist, knees and side seams. You can also ring freedom’s bell with the eagle adorned Austin Boots.

This week’s Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue inventory also includes a trio of limited stock items. The grand, fully lined, deerskin Charro Jacket - which features a handstitched brocade and fancy brass buttons on the breast and cuffs. There’s also the striking Vaquero Baroque Spurs - hand tooled embossed leather spurs with ornate 8 point rowels. And the Clymene Coat - a stunning two-tone design, this coat features soft tiered top grain leather and fancy brass buttons.

And nothing lightens the soul crushing burden of life like yielding to a tantrum. Unleash your frustration in a burst of rage with the Hissy Fit emote.

No second chances, one life, and everything depends on how you use it in the new Elimination Series Playlist. Available from the Red Dead Online menu screen, you can jump into the Elimination Series to compete in Make It Count with the Bow and Arrow or Throwing Knives in a variety of locales. Or jump into the Elimination Series Large variant to take on Gun Rush in larger groups.

Just take part in the Elimination Series Playlist and you'll get a 30% XP and RDO$ boost. Win a match in the Elimination Playlist, and you'll get 60x High Velocity ammo for each class of gun (Pistol, Revolver, Repeater and Rifle).

On top of the Elimination Series Playlist bonuses, this week is also a great chance to boost your supply of Health Cures, Bitters, Snake Oil and Miracle Tonics, as all Tonics are 25% off.
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-Care-Packages

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Here’s that bug. It’s not a one off, this happens every time unfortunately, so you can’t get gold:

On the topic of the above bug, I’m an idiot! There’s a simple workaround: you can’t get the 100% for doing it under 3 minutes no matter how fast you do it (if you meet that objective you will always get 0% instead).

But last night when playing with randoms I left them to get that one while I stealthed the wagon in Strawberry. As you’d expect, the randoms took forever to find the wagon (well over 3 minutes), but we didn’t get 0%, we got 60% for that challenge. Because I 100%’d the other ones, it was enough to get gold lol.
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 19-06-2019 at 02:50 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I met a random last night and we formed an uneasy truce.

Riding together yet not in a Posse, just two weary and wary travelers on the road of life...and death.

We took out a stronghold together like two wolves in the night, approaching our prey from two angles and converging into a ring of death.

Searched for treasure with my newly acquired map, uniting as one to fight off a pack of real wolves who did not know that we had played knifey spoony before.

Then we helped out a circled family, picking the pockets of the fallen fools too foolish to fight us, before nodding approval to each other as we parted ways.

Then, about 15 or so minutes later, he/she activated a stranger mission making themselves offensive and...yadda yadda yadda, I won't be on their xmas card list in the near future.

GG.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

^ I had a very different experience last night. I also helped out an encircled group of travellers, and struck down all of the attackers with great vengeance and furious anger. A random in defensive mode (same as me) decided to sidle up and start looting the corpses, which is possibly bad form given that they didn’t kill a single one, but I’m totally ok with it, it just goes with the territory in Online. But then they decided to pull me off my horse for good measure.

They won’t be sending me or my machete any Christmas cards either.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I’ve been doing the daily objectives to try and get some gold back after blowing most of mine on a new horse, and weapon cosmetics. As a result I’ve been playing the showdown modes for the first time (when the game will let me, unlike last night grrr).

So this has all been a very convoluted and roundabout way of saying that I heard this track in the showdown modes loading screen, and love it:

Short and sweet. It can also be found as Song 1 with the free RDR2 pack for Share Factory. Hopefully it makes it into the Woody Jackson original score album when that gets released (next month).

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 21-06-2019 at 03:13 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Xestor01
    XBLA
    N/A

So im a bit late to this, is anyone still playing online?

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Now and again... not much to do really

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_ View Post
    So im a bit late to this, is anyone still playing online?
    I am. Okii and hecandangle give it a crack on Friday nights too.

I’d send you an invite but I don’t know who you are on PSN now that you’re not Wiener_.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 30-06-2019 at 12:37 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Xestor01
    XBLA
    N/A

Ah fair call, New tags are Xestor01

ill try and join ya if i see you got a party up whenever

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_ View Post
    Ah fair call, New tags are Xestor01

ill try and join ya if i see you got a party up whenever
    Noted. Next time I won’t shoot you lol.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

New event week:

Celebrate Independence this week across the open frontier of Red Dead Online - with bonuses to reward your adventurous spirit. Get 30% bonus cash and XP on all Free Roam Missions alongside generous retail discounts on weapon components and the popular Evans Repeater. Plus new Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue additions, including the "Respectful Bow" emote – free for a limited time – and more.

As part of this week’s celebratory festivities, merchants are pleased to offer free Gun Oil to ensure all your instruments of peacemaking are in tip-top shape. A weapon’s looks and performance degrade over time from use and exposure to the elements, but a little Gun Oil will make them good as new. Gunslingers and vigilante types alike would also be wise to take advantage of 30% off all weapons components, including Improved Rifling to increase velocity and range, Iron Sights and Scopes for better accuracy, Stocks with various wood grains and Wraps to preserve your weapon from use and weather.
    And if you’re in the market for a reliable firearm, you can get the Evans Repeater for 25% off this week.
    Patriots can take advantage of 50% off Red, White and Blue bandanas, plus free Red and Blue camp flags, through the 8th of July.

Not all those who wander are lost. This week, those brave enough to traverse the five states in search of opportunity shall be rewarded handsomely with 30% more RDO$ and XP for all Free Roam Missions. Keep yourself on the straight and narrow pursuing Gunslinger missions with respectable folks like Bonnie MacFarlane or get yourself mixed up in shadier business with Outlaw missions from Black Belle and much more.

The Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue has a new limited supply item, the warm and woolly Pelt Half Chaps, as well as remaining stock of the Griffith Chaps.
    Elsewhere in the catalogue's clothing section, the sturdy Cromwell Hat and the svelte Cabrera Pants are both refined statement pieces that are sure to elevate your wardrobe.

Put your best foot forward with strangers or make peace with even your most bitter rivals using the Respectful Bow emote, free from the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue for this week only.
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...line-This-Week

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I'm still on "Bring A Damn Posse" ha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm still on "Bring A Damn Posse" ha.
    I love the story missions! Message me next time you’re on, you can do Bring A Goddamn Posse with two people, although it’ll definitely keep you busy.

That’s one of the best story missions in the game from an action perspective.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Cool, I'll have to Posse up next time I get a chance Stiff, old Dundee is looking gaunt but my beard is magnificent.

I may go all out with the bow and knife only though, so satisfying ha ha.

Do bastard animals still sneak attack you when your back is turned online?
    Got rammed off a cliff in single player from a buck booya.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Cool, I'll have to Posse up next time I get a chance Stiff, old Dundee is looking gaunt but my beard is magnificent.

I may go all out with the bow and knife only though, so satisfying ha ha.

Do bastard animals still sneak attack you when your back is turned online?
    Got rammed off a cliff in single player from a buck booya.
    Yep, buggers still try it on

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A