Thread: November 2018 PS+

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default November 2018 PS+

Sony accidentally posted the two PS4 titles for November: Bulletstorm, and Yakuza Kiwami.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Hell yeah. I didn't realise that bulletstorm had been remastered for PS4. Loved that game on ps3. So much fun and so un-pc. Sucks that they never did a sequel.

"I shall call him Waggleton P. Tallylicker."

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default November 2018 PS+

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Hell yeah. I didn't realise that bulletstorm had been remastered for PS4. Loved that game on ps3. So much fun and so un-pc. Sucks that they never did a sequel.

"I shall call him Waggleton P. Tallylicker."

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    I never played it. Iím looking forward to Kiwami though, Iíve never played any of the Yakuza games either. I think theyíre probably too wacky for me, but Iíll give it a crack for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 08-10-2018 at 04:00 PM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The Yakuza series is one of the best on Playstation.

You have to go into them and play them in the right frame of mind though, firstly, though they appear to be open world they are actually smallish HUB levels. The wackiness is most definitely there, one minute you could be handing a beat down to some thugs, then having a slot car race battle, then helping out a peeping tom.

The games are melodramatic with a plethora of cinema scenes and a stack of exposition, the save system is archaic, you have to manually save at certain areas for example. The controls are not as fluid as western AAA titles, and the games have a feel of a time long since gone, i.e PS2 games in some of the mechanics, camera angles etc..

It may seem as though I am negative on the series, but I am only describing the somewhat high barrier of entry to it. Rest assured, when you get invested into the narrative it becomes addictive to learn of what comes next. The story is deep and multifaceted, so much so it can quickly become hard to keep up if you leave the game for awhile, thankfully there are previously on scenes to flash back the memory.

And if the arc become a little overwhelming then you can just kick back and wander the streets to pick a fight, meet a stranger, or play one of the many great mini games.

The games are very Japanese and over the top, in a battle you can pull of moves such as bashing in a foe's head with a bike, or stabbing them with a sword, moves that would kill but conveniently only incapacitate most enemies, it is crazy, it looks crazy, but when you get a flow of combos and reversal going it provides a sense of satisfaction so many other games lack in combat.

if you approach them in the right frame of mind then they are fantastic.

Personally I play them in short bursts as if they were TV episodes, keeps the narrative in a manageable bite size chunk and helps to prevent burnout.

As it is free, even just the mini games, such as slot car racing, bowling, SEGA Arcade etc are worth the high download size imo. Think some of the mini games like darts, snooker are multiplayer capable as well.