AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

I also prefer ops fwiw.

I quite liked it as is, though smajs suggestions sound bloody brilliant.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Its back up

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Servers just got taken down, that's all she wrote.

I had a chance to play with a heap of AUFers I haven't gamed with in ages over the few days of the Beta, I could've been play tic tac toe and it would've been good. But the Beta was definitely fun. If they can iron out the bugs, and convince me that they have, I might pick it up.

I captured a bit of footage, I'll sift through over the next couple of days and post some videos up. I think I got every class except for assault up to level 10, and had a fair bit of time in tanks, so there should be a range of stuff. I had no time in planes though, did anyone give them a go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Maybe I am weird but I love it, as is. I like that it is nearly hardcore. love the limited ammo .. great way to keep camping limited, love the slow tanks, love the virtually no spotting, love the vulnerability of the players. This is the first battlefield where poking your head out of a door or running to cover might get you killed and you are not sure where from.
    I loved the tension that adds.
    One game I had was one of the first, with some randoms, we took it slow, covered each other, waited till other caught up, provided covering fire. That to me felt like how the game was intended to be played. Its a different battlefield.
    I hope they don't change it too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Servers just got taken down, that's all she wrote.

I had a chance to play with a heap of AUFers I haven't gamed with in ages over the few days of the Beta, I could've been play tic tac toe and it would've been good. But the Beta was definitely fun. If they can iron out the bugs, and convince me that they have, I might pick it up.

I captured a bit of footage, I'll sift through over the next couple of days and post some videos up. I think I got every class except for assault up to level 10, and had a fair bit of time in tanks, so there should be a range of stuff. I had no time in planes though, did anyone give them a go?

I used planes a bit but always got into a server with the continuous Rotterdam cycle... they are great but I think the upgrades will really show how powerful they can be.

I still giggle at your comment last night.... "Hey effex, did your ENTIRE squad have panzers on E..."

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

I was reading on reddit and came across this guys take on the game..
    I completely agree with him...see below.

The players are the biggest bug in BF5. DICE aren't killing Battlefield. You are.

For years this community has cried, moaned and screamed etc about how useless the likes of the Support class is.

Support isn't useless. It drops ammo. The one thing you need the most right now. It suppresses and blur's people's vision. It now has AT mines and can build faster (something barely ANYONE is doing right now).

People hate the new revive mechanic for medics. Who are always needed. You want the ability back to run around with a needle in hand and stab people, drop packs etc.

What nobody seems to be willing to admit through all their cynical whining, is a massive inconvenient truth:

Even when we had these mechanics the way we want them vs NOW in BF5, people were still just as bad. Barely anyone dropped ammo. Most medics didn't revive and just ran past you. You can't implement a new mechanic to fix shit, unaware players.

It doesn't matter how big the revive icon is, how much you shout at a Support player for ammo, how easy it is to DO these things vs BF5, it doesn't change the player's approach to this game.

"Muh K/D" is the thing people care about most.

We piss and moan about how casual BF is getting, so DICE have gone "Right, let's make the game go back to more squad focus", and people are now moaning it's too squad based?

What is WRONG with people?

People are moaning the Panzerfaust doesn't do enough damage against tanks. Well you have 3 rounds, each do 20-25 damage. I'm sorry are you expecting to solo kill a tank? That's it isn't it. That's what you REALLY want. To be able to be all "lol killed a tank look how awesome I am". That's not teamwork.

Why? Because you don't care about anything other than the best weapon that kills the fastest and easiest, because you don't WANT a game that requires skill. You don't WANT a game that requires teamwork and working as a squad and dropping supplies as needed. You don't WANT a game where you find it easy to lose.

Why are the medics ignoring you when you're down? Why don't support players drop ammo no matter how hard you scream? Why don't squad leaders give orders?

Because they're too focused on getting kills. Pew pew look at me, I'm destroying everyone hur hur.

Bugger off to CoD if you want that kind of arcade crap.

This is Battlefield. And for once, FOR ONCE, DICE are trying to give us WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WANTING FOR THE PAST FEW YEARS, and now that we have it in a new form with new ideas and actually trying to mix things up, we want the same crap as last time and the time before that?

Wake up BF community and take a really long look in the mirror.

DICE aren't ruining Battlefield. You are.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

+1 to that rant

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

It is a rant. I agree in principle but saying its the players and not the game just isnt the case. The changes toward squad play are a step in the right direction but there is still a reward for not PTFO. Take kills/deaths off the scoreboard if u dont want peeps looking at ratios. Add squad xp based on proximity to each other and objectives. I bet by release date the squad play will be nurfed.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Just lower points for lone gun kills. Get full points if you are near your squad/team mates or their corpses.

Points are tied to progression and leader board rankings. I look at my score much more the KD.

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeh, smurfs have always been and will always be shit, but smurfs aren't the ones developing shit UI, clunky animations and a broken mess that has glitches so bad you need to leave the server just so you can spawn in

I tried the planes in ops, they aren't horrible, but they are broken, either some friendly aircraft have nothing to indicate they're friendly (one did) or the bloke I put over a thousand rounds into last night with no hitmakers while his gunner hit me was absolutely bullshit.
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 12-09-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Yeh, smurfs have always been and will always be shit, but smurfs aren't the ones developing shit UI, clunky animations and a broken mess that has glitches so bad you need to leave the server just so you can spawn in

I tried the planes in ops, they aren't horrible, but they are broken, either some friendly aircraft have nothing to indicate they're friendly (one did) or the bloke I put over a thousand rounds into last night with no hitmakers while his gunner hit me was absolutely bullshit.
    I understand what youre on about gilly.. i hear it in my ear every time i get in game and throw on a headset.. i was highlighting the aspect of how people are never satisfied. I went in today and played both bf1 and 4 to get the feel of difference in game play and believe me i had more fun in bf5.. yes bugs pissed me off but team play and squad play was there.. if it means patches to fix ui shit and niggling other problems.. then so be it.. im hoping once they do fix it this game does well with the punters..

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    I understand what youre on about gilly.. i hear it in my ear every time i get in game and throw on a headset.. i was highlighting the aspect of how people are never satisfied. I went in today and played both bf1 and 4 to get the feel of difference in game play and believe me i had more fun in bf5.. yes bugs pissed me off but team play and squad play was there.. if it means patches to fix ui shit and niggling other problems.. then so be it.. im hoping once they do fix it this game does well with the punters..
    The problem is the game doesn't have to launch in a shit condition. These are issues that dice has had years to deal with. The UI, the joining friends is shit that is getting worse, not better over time.

When bf1 launched they made the claim that they were getting rid of Battlelog and updating bf4's UI to be in line with bf1, and they couldn't even keep that consistent. Fast forward to bf5, the same functions in the UI have different buttons, and joining people is just as painful as it has been in bf1 for ages. They haven't even fixed bf1's issues and the beta for bf5 is just as bad in the same department.

Maybe if they actually show they are capable of fixing current issues before launching products they will deserve the benefit of the doubt, but they have been playing catch up on this shot for a long time. That's not the players problem, that's theirs.

I like playing battlefield, and honestly the chore gameplay changes I can get used to, but I'm just so sick of buying a bf game in a shit condition hoping it will get fixed, and being angry the entire time.
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 12-09-2018 at 02:53 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

It is frustrating that something as fundamental as squad join still doesn't work properly in Bf1 yet alone BFV.

I don't know why they insist on announcing a release date or beta for a game that is not almost complete. The beta should be server stress testing and gameplay balancing not an bug riddled game with multiple advertised features disabled. It just does damage to thier brand and reputation.

I fear that all of the welcome changes in BFv will be nerfed or compromised because Dice won't want to loose some of its existing lone wolf player market even if it's for the sake of making a better game.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield 5 Beta - 4th/6th September

I hope they'll run another Beta closer to release. If that works well, I'll be buying BF5. If it doesn't, I'll sit it out. Ultimately, if you buy a broken game, you're just encouraging developers to sell broken games.

I really do hope they fix it though (and delay the game again if that's what it takes).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I still giggle at your comment last night.... "Hey effex, did your ENTIRE squad have panzerfausts on E..."
    It was a great example of teamwork. The tank went from full health to dead in 3 seconds because you worked as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Take kills/deaths off the scoreboard if u dont want peeps looking at ratios.
    Amen. The console versions of BFBC2 never showed kills or deaths on the scoreboard, only score. You could still see your own, you just couldn't see anyone else's.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 12-09-2018 at 04:14 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

A quick bugs video, to get it out of the way. The clipping ones at the start are incredibly common and what they really need to fix, it really ruins the whole feeling of the game. Nothing feels solid/physical any more after you experience them.

The animation ones are just funny

I'll make some proper gameplay vids shortly.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I was watching that video earlier today, pretty funny. I was disappointed the “bend over for the DLC suppository” death pose didn’t make it in haha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Gameplay montage. Muddy's spawn cams were gold lol

Also does anyone speak German? I'm curious what the comment is at the start after the triple headshot.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Stiff reclining back to make snow angels after the slaughter...fucking hell ha ha ha.

And that poor tank, clamouring for respite towards the water, only to eject an enemy right in to the apocalypse.

I wish I remembered to capture some stuff, when I died once, my body went over the edge before bouncing off of the water and back onto the pier. And my hatchet hunt where I took the squad on which I had previously played with, had to switch sides to join AUF ha ha, kind of felt bad shanking one guy twice when he had revived me so much previously.

Also the sandbag wall masterpiece that would make Transport NSW look on with envy.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

I made it into the montage! The guy who hides from your tank and then try to wave you off was gold.

I kept forgetting to record some of the guys I saw. There were some crackers. The best one I saw was after I mined a tank. When the tank exploded the driver glitched about 10 m in the air above the exploded tank and was spinning in place like a ballerina for about 30 seconds. It was majestic. I got shot in the head whilst I stood there watching it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Calling in a JB-2 rocket strike during Operations. How I didn't get shot to pieces at the end I'll never know lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Stiff reclining back to make snow angels after the slaughter...fucking hell ha ha ha.

And that poor tank, clamouring for respite towards the water, only to eject an enemy right in to the apocalypse.

I wish I remembered to capture some stuff, when I died once, my body went over the edge before bouncing off of the water and back onto the pier. And my hatchet hunt where I took the squad on which I had previously played with, had to switch sides to join AUF ha ha, kind of felt bad shanking one guy twice when he had revived me so much previously.

Also the sandbag wall masterpiece that would make Transport NSW look on with envy.
    Yeah I always forget to get record stuff, but I tried to record as much as possible in the Beta. I have a bunch of other stuff to upload too.

My biggest regret was not getting our sandbagging escapades at the first defence in Operations. I recorded the clip after the match finished but it was too long, so the start got cut off. So many good sandbags lost...

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    I made it into the montage! The guy who hides from your tank and then try to wave you off was gold.

I kept forgetting to record some of the guys I saw. There were some crackers. The best one I saw was after I mined a tank. When the tank exploded the driver glitched about 10 m in the air above the exploded tank and was spinning in place like a ballerina for about 30 seconds. It was majestic. I got shot in the head whilst I stood there watching it.

In hindsight I wished I'd waved him no back and then spared him, I feel pretty slack! Poor bugger. The only reason I didn't shoot him immediately is that the gun refused to fire lol, which is why you see me switching weapons and driving backwards and forwards.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

https://youtu.be/UgtM3IuZIVk

A good round up from battle nonsense. I find his videos and constructive critisism are well thought-out

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

https://youtu.be/WdZ3knduW3s

Sounds like they are already planning on compromising the game to suit lone wolf players. Some of the other changes will be welcome additions.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

A few more vids from the Beta.

Sten gameplay. This is a fully upgraded one and it's fantastic as you can see, fully controllable at full auto (it does really suck until you upgrade it a bit though):

The Lee-Enfield (bolt-action) with a mid-range scope. I generally suck at sniping, so bear that in mind. It shows the very cinematic opening to the Airborne component of Grand Operations too:

Finally the recon spotting scope in action. It marks the targets for everyone on your team, not just your squad. This bit went really well, muddy and I were calling out the targets as well as spotting them and the AUF guys on the flag seemed to be all over them:

--> CLICK HERE <--