Thread: Battlefield 5 Beta - 4th/6th September

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield 5 Beta - 4th/6th September

Starts 4 September for Pre-orders, 6 September for public.

PRE-LOAD OF OPEN BETA STARTS
    Mon 3 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

OPEN BETA EARLY ACCESS STARTS
    Tue 4 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

OPEN BETA AVAILABLE FOR EVERYONE
    Thu 6 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

OPEN BETA ENDS
    Wed 12 September, 2018 @ 0:00 AM AEST (midnight - i.e. late Tue night)

You’ve seen the Battlefield V multiplayer trailer, perhaps played the Closed Alpha, or maybe watched your favorite streamer get hands-on with the all-new multiplayer experiences, like the multi-map Grand Operations. But now it’s time for the Battlefield V Open Beta*, arriving this September on Xbox One, PC, and Playstation 4.

Here’s a quick summary at what’s included and how you can be an early part of a never-before-seen portrayal of World War 2. Keep close tabs on the Battlefield News page this week for a more detailed rundown of all that’s contained in the Battlefield V Open Beta.

When Can You Start?
    The Beta opens to the public on September 6 and runs for a limited time. So, tell your friends to wake you up when September begins.

Pre-load load starts on September 3, at 8:00 UTC.

How Do I Get in Early?
    If you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order** a copy of Battlefield V today on PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4, you’ll get early access to the Open Beta starting September 4.

Pre-order Battlefield V Deluxe Edition Now for Your Preferred Platform

What Multiplayer Maps and Modes Can I Play?
    Players can jump into the up 64-player Conquest mode on the Rotterdam map, set in the embattled Holland city, or the Arctic Fjord map, set in icy Narvik, Norway. In Conquest, you must battle for control of key locations on a massive multiplayer map, using the new Fortifications, towable weaponry, and Squad Reinforcements system.

Two “days” of Grand Operations are also available to players in the Open Beta. In this modular narrative experience inspired by historical events, each day is represented by a round of play, and player actions have a direct impact on the next round. Up to 64 players can deploy in the Airborne and Breakthrough modes on the Arctic Fjord map.

A Quick Ride on the Tides of War
    A preview of the Tides of War — the ever-evolving journey through WW2 featuring a new narrative every few months — also awaits players in September. Each chapter of Tides of War is designed to focus on an aspect of the era, with unique gameplay experiences to drive players forward.

A five-part Tides of War chapter will be part of the Open Beta. Players who complete the chapter will earn an exclusive in-game Dog Tag in Battlefield V at launch.

Remember to constantly refresh the Battlefield News page this week for a more detailed rundown of everything in the Battlefield V Open Beta.

- Jeff Landa (Follow Jeff on Twitter @JeffLanda)

Prepare for deployment – pre-order Battlefield V**

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict on Xbox One, PlayStation4, and PC. On October 11, play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it as part of the EA Access and Origin Access Play First Trials*. Or, join the fight on October 16 with Battlefield V Deluxe Edition early enlister access, or October 19 with the Battlefield V Standard Edition.

GAMEPLAY PROGRESS, ACHIEVEMENTS, CHARACTERS, CHARACTER DATA AND/OR ANY OTHER VALUE OR STATUS INDICATORS ACHIEVED IN THE BATTLEFIELD V OPEN BETA WILL NOT TRANSFER TO BATTLEFIELD V MAIN GAME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 01-09-2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Have they announced start time for Beta? I see preload start time. But not Beta

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Have they announced start time for Beta? I see preload start time. But not Beta

Not that I can see

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Just bumping this thread to point out that the dates of the Beta haven't changed, despite the change in release date for the final game.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

DICE struggling a bit with days and dates on BF5 press releases. Unlike the DICE ones, ours have the correct time and even the correct year:

Mon 3 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

Tue 4 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

Thu 6 September, 2018 @ 6:00 PM AEST

OPEN BETA ENDS
    Wed 12 September, 2018 @ 0:00 AM AEST (midnight - i.e. late Tue night)

We’ve already covered the basics of the Battlefield V Open Beta in a previous article – go ahead and read it if you want a quick run-through. But this is the deep-dive. Let’s take the plunge.

When is the Open Beta Live?
    The Open Beta opens to the public on September 6 and runs until September 11. Pre-load starts on September 3. Want in early and get a full week of access? If you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order** a copy of Battlefield V, you’ll get to join the Open Beta early, on September 4. To summarize, here are the dates you should make a note of:

September 3, 2001 am PT (10 am CET)

September 4, 2001 am PT (10 am CET)

September 6, 2001 am PT (10 am CET)

OPEN BETA ENDS
    September 11, 2007 am PT (4 pm CET)

Why are We Doing an Open Beta?
    Similar to what we’ve been doing in the two Closed Alphas, the Battlefield V Open Beta lets us test Battlefield V running in a live environment with a high player count. We’re testing technical aspects like server stability, latency levels, and matchmaking as well as gameplay – weapon balancing, progression, and other ingredients that we want to optimize to make the game as fun as possible. It’s also an opportunity to collect feedback from participating players. Give us your comments and feedback on the Open Beta on the Battlefield Forums. If you experience Open Beta issues, head to Answers HQ.

The Maps You’ll Be Fighting On – and The Game Modes You’ll Tackle
    The snowy Norwegian landscapes of the Arctic Fjord map return from our recent Closed Alphas, and here you’ll be able to play both Conquest and two “days” of the Grand Operation Fall of Norway. Those are in-game days, by the way – not the 24-hour kind. Grand Operations contain several of these days, with one game mode featured in each.

In Fall of Norway, Day 1 will be spent in the Airborne mode, where you’ll paradrop down to the battlefield and be on either side of a fight where explosives are deployed on control points. Day 2 features Breakthrough, where your team either attacks or defends vital sectors. In this mode, stay aggressive and tactical as an attacker – or use on-the-fly planning to keep the enemy at bay when defending.

Then there’s new scenery to explore: Rotterdam. You’ll fight in the streets of the Dutch city in its pristine, pre-war state before battles left it in devastation. Deploy on this map and try the signature Battlefield game mode: Conquest. Returning to classic rules, Conquest is a 64-player fight where two teams fight for control over key flags on the map. Hold the majority of these points to drain the opposition’s score and win the day.

The Vehicles and Reinforcements
    Five iconic WW2 tanks and seven aircraft will be at your disposal in the Battlefield V Open Beta. Deploy as a Tanker and bring the big guns to the fight – including the Valentine Mk VIII, Churchill Mk VII, Churchill Gun Carrier, Panzer IV, and the Tiger I. If you prefer soaring through the skies, support your team from above in the Spitfire Mk VA, Spitfire Mk VB, Blenheim Mk IF, Bf 109 G-2, Ju 87 Stuka B-2, Ju 87 Stuka B-1, and the C47.

In addition to this, you’ll be able to fend off flying foes with stationary and towable AA Guns. Tanks giving you trouble? Use the Anti-Tank Guns, also stationary or towable.

A Squad Leader who’s collected enough Squad Points will get the thrilling opportunity to unleash the powerful Reinforcements. If you played any of the Closed Alphas, you’ll recognize the terrifying sight of the two heavy tanks: the British Churchill Crocodile and the German Sturmtiger.

Also returning from the Alphas are the JB-2 and V-1 Rocket Strikes that will send enemies flying. New this time around are the Supply Canister Drops. These are sources of health and ammunition, para-dropped in the battlefield at the cost of 7,500 requisition points.

The Classes and Combat Roles
    The four main classes are available in the Battlefield V Open Beta: Assault, Recon, Medic, and Support. Each class will have several Combat Roles in Battlefield V, and in the Open Beta, you’ll get to try one for each Class.

Every Combat Role comes with unique traits. If you, for instance, play as Recon, its Sniper Combat Role will grant you the Tactical Retreat trait, meaning you’ll sprint faster in critical health states. The Field Medic Combat Role comes with a Syringe Revive trait, which allows you to revive all team mates (not only those in your squad) with your Syringe.

The Weapons
    Picking a Class in the Open Beta also means – to some extent – picking a weapon type. The Support Class wields the powerful Light Machine Guns, such as KE7, Bren Gun, and FG-42 – but also the M30 Drilling Shotgun. Medic players can play the objective with the sub-machineguns STEN, Suomi KP/31, MP40, and EMP.

If you’re in the heat of the battle with the Assault Class, use Semi-Automatic weapons like the Turner SMLE, M1A1 Carbine, and Gewehr 43, or the StG 44 Assault Rifle. If you’re further from battle with the Recon, rack up headshots with the Bolt-Action Rifles – here you can choose between the Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk I, ZH-29, or the Kar98k.

Add sidearms, melee weapons, grenades, and gadgets to this and you’ll have a powerful, versatile arsenal to try out in your Open Beta fights.

A Taste of the Tides of War
    With Tides of War, you and your personal soldiers of your Battlefield V Company will embark on a journey through themed, different chapters of World War 2, filled with events. With each chapter of Tides of War, players will have all-new ways to play while also being able to earn the latest and greatest themed Battlefield V vanity items. The Open Beta will be your first early look at how parts of the Tides of War will work.

You will take part in the Shock Troops Chapter Event, and by completing its challenges during the Open Beta (but before September 9) you can earn the unique Tides of War Beta Dog Tag. The Dog Tag will be awarded in Battlefield V if you decide to get the game. Note that the Shock Troops Chapter Event will only be part of the Open Beta, not the final game.

You should know that the Shock Troops Chapter Event is just a small taste of Tides of War – much, much more is coming. Make sure to give us your feedback on how the flow of playing these challenges feels like.

Note that game content, gameplay mechanics, and other Battlefield V aspects covered in this article may change between the Open Beta and the launch of the game.

– Jonas Elfving

Prepare for deployment – pre-order Battlefield V**

Enter mankind’s greatest conflict on Xbox One, PlayStation4, and PC. On November 9, play the full game with Origin Access Premier or try it as part of the EA Access and Origin Access Play First Trials. Or, join the fight on November 16 with Battlefield V Deluxe Edition early enlister access, or November 20 with the Battlefield V Standard Edition.
    https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/battl...d-early-access

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 01-09-2018 at 02:37 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Link to a tonne of official (super detailed) information about the Beta:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...e-notes#latest

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

OK, it seems that DICE are still fucking up the start and finish times for the Beta.

This official image lists them very clearly:

It says it starts on Thu 6 Sep @ 0800 UTC
    It says it finishes on Tue 11 Sep @ 1400 UTC

But EA DICE have put up an official Event on the PlayStation Network:

It says it starts (non-early access) on Thu 6 Sep @ 0400 UTC
    It says it finishes on Tue 11 Sep @ 2100 UTC

When DICE actually manage to figure out when their Beta starts and finishes, and communicate that in a believable way, I'll create a PSN Event for us so that everyone can see it in their local time easily.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Link to a tonne of official (super detailed) information about the Beta:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...e-notes#latest

I was lost after reading "welcome".. im biting the bullet and preordering.. for mainly 2 reasons.. 1: i want to play it on day of release..and 2: due to working shifts if i hang out for non preorder beta time start... i get no game play as I'll be working or sleeping.. but if i pre order i get at least 2 non interupted days of trying it out..

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

I like the look of the most recent footage, probably because it looks more like a modern game than WWII, but I'll give it a go for sure.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    I like the look of the most recent footage, probably because it looks more like a modern game than WWII, but I'll give it a go for sure.
    Haha Col, I was going to say the exact opposite, I like the look of Rotterdam because it looks more like a WW2 game! I've heard some of the YouTubers say the same.

One of them pointed out something pretty depressing though: as far as WW2 goes, this is as authentic as the game will ever look, because there's no cosmetic customisation in the Beta. After launch all of the stupid shit is slowly going to pile up

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

Haha Col, I was going to say the exact opposite, I like the look of Rotterdam because it looks more like a WW2 game!

I just see automatic weapons with scopes that look pretty modern... not sure this was common in WW2...

I actually looked at Rotterdam and though, omg, it's a bigger seine crossing

Listening to LvlCap's patch notes, they seem to have reduced the impact of no health regen by giving everyone a medic pack (or whatever it was called) + squad heals are 100%.

Very interested to hear how the vehicle combat works out too... will the tanks have any defences against the newly buffed planes.

There's so many interesting things they are doing to the gameplay that I will give it a decent go.

Cheers, Col.

btw, randomly last night I fired up BF3. Man... the suppression... how did we play that thing!
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post

I just see automatic weapons with scopes that look pretty modern... not sure this was common in WW2...

I actually looked at Rotterdam and though, omg, it's a bigger seine crossing

Listening to LvlCap's patch notes, they seem to have reduced the impact of no health regen by giving everyone a medic pack (or whatever it was called) + squad heals are 100%.

Very interested to hear how the vehicle combat works out too... will the tanks have any defences against the newly buffed planes.

There's so many interesting things they are doing to the gameplay that I will give it a decent go.

Cheers, Col.

btw, randomly last night I fired up BF3. Man... the suppression... how did we play that thing!
    Yeah the scope stuff is pretty shitty, it should be iron sights on most weapons. That said, reflex sights did exist in WW2.

For the changes, you should bypass people like LevelCap and go straight to the source: DICE have posted a huge design information doc, there's a link directly to it in this thread. It's a long but interesting read.

It's funny to hear that the effect of their changes was exactly what we said it would be (people all running around with depleted health) without even playing it. Why did it take DICE two alphas to figure it out, and then decide it wasn't working as they intended? Bit of a worry, it's like they don't even play their own game.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

That Patch list was huge...

I think the below times are correct.

6pm tonight for preload
    6pm tomorrow for early access

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

That Patch list was huge...

I think the below times are correct.

6pm tonight for preload
    6pm tomorrow for early access

I'm told that preload has been live for an hour or so. So not quite in line with either the blog post time OR the official PSN Event.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah I am pretty sure they still need to work on clear and concise communications.

Like how hard is it to share a link to a World clock site.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Beta is up.. 14.808gb

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I am getting errors. Cannot find application

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Hmm apparently the link to the Beta that was in my Download list doesn't work at all. Just shows in downloads now.

Search PSN for "Battlefield V Open Beta" if you can't get it going

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

You can preload the Beta by going to the PlayStation Store on your PS4.

It's under Games > Free to Play > See All

14.808 GB as mentioned.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Hmm apparently the link to the Beta that was in my Download list doesn't work at all. Just shows in downloads now.

Search PSN for "Battlefield V Open Beta" if you can't get it going

U got it digital?
    Click on the one u have in download list after open beta is installed, I'm assuming it was a key to unlock early access to beta

If u see me online when it starts it's more then likely my son if he can't play it on his account I'll let him on my account for a few goes b4 bed. He is the one excited for it I got the digital version to game share and play with him on weekends

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

How Do I Get in Early?
    If you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order.
    I've been in EA/origin mailing list for years so we should all have early access being battlefield veterans.

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/battl...tm_source=SFMC
    Last edited by OvACoNfIDeNT; 04-09-2018 at 06:09 AM.

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

You can preload the Beta by going to the PlayStation Store on your PS4.

It's under Games > Free to Play > See All

14.808 GB as mentioned.

You would think that to make things easier they'd just have it make you enter either game name or "beta" in search.. and des is your uncle.. but no they make you run the maze..
    Last edited by keppida; 04-09-2018 at 06:32 AM.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    You would think that to make things easier they'd just have it make you either game name or punch in "beta" in search.. and des is your uncle.. but no they make you run the maze..
    The link ASB put up on the community PSN page worked a treat.

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    The link ASB put up on the community PSN page worked a treat.
    Must remember to join

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll be streaming the beta tonight www.twitch.tv/centaurus201 so if u dont have early beta and want to check it out. I'll be live by 8pm central time

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    I'll be streaming the beta tonight www.twitch.tv/centaurus201 so if u dont have early beta and want to check it out. I'll be live by 8pm central time

I might be there. Il try get some free bits to chuck at you aswell XD if twitch lets me watch adds for bits that is -.-

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll be on for the Thursday, will be waiting on all the negative comments lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I'll be on for the Thursday, will be waiting on all the negative comments lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    A wise old man once said " if all u look for is the negative, negative is all u will find"

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    A wise old man once said " if all u look for is the negative, negative is all u will find"

Was he a photographer?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Hahaha.

Spud out...