Default PS4 | Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Set in Washington D.C.

http://thedivisiongame.com/beta/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

All signed up fingers crossed i get an invite.

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Signed up see how we go.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Also signed up for the beta.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Might wait this one out. Got bored pretty quickly with the first one and this looks more of the same.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

3 free DLCs looks promising. As with anything from E3 Iím eager for more Info.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) grimjack27's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    grimjack27
    XBLA
    grimjack27

Signed straight up.

I gather they really fixed stuff as it went, so hopefully this will be great from launch.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Cinematic trailer:

Short gameplay trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

10 minutes of gameplay (LevelCap):

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Quote Originally Posted by grimjack27 View Post
    Signed straight up.

I gather they really fixed stuff as it went, so hopefully this will be great from launch.
    Yeah Division is pretty good now and has been for quiet awhile. only problem left was split player base (DLCs vs not) and most people moving on over time.

I expect that if they didnt do much different from the original game mechanically it would still make most people really happy. looking at the the gameplay they have made some really positive game play changes.

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Some info for the journey from TDV1 to TDV2 gameplay rewards

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision...reddit-android

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

I have been successfully added to the Beta......... waiting list. =\

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    I have been successfully added to the Beta......... waiting list. =\
    Ditto.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

New Trailer.

Pre Order options are live on PSN store.

8x8 man raid co op. is going to be a thing.

Couple things, Stash space as most know was always a bone of contention in the Division they are now having a expanded stash game option ..which is great , but is it ?! No it's shit! as you have to pay for it with a pre-order by buying the ultimate version of the game.$$$ for space thats some bullshit right there.
    Not overly impressed by the whole pre-order game edition options, it's a bit ridiculous, Ubisoft over grow this crap too much, having so many editions on one game is over the top.
    It seems stupid when Dev's have already decided that splitting player base is a bad game longevity in the long run.All the DLC this time round is supposedly free so why all the different game purchase options?
    Given that it is a loot shooter, stash slots are a core part of the game which now will push gamers into buying the ultimate edition?

So there are 5 pre-order editions I can see...( not all options on Aus store though)

Pre-Order $$
    The division 2 base game $89.95
    Gold Edition $149.95
    The ultimate Edition is the 1 with the extended stash ( Ubisoft haven't even released the extension unit amount yet.) $159.95
    Dark Zone Edition $179.95
    Phoenix Shield Edition $384.95
    Which comes with a statue optimized with a free balls coupler, scratcher division 2 statue.jpg Can you feel the $300.00 comfort yet?

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Pretty sire they came out and specifically said that the standard editions would have enough space it's just even more space for the truly addicted horder. No numbers though. I would think Division 1 space as default (heaps) times 1.5 for increased editions

Will wait for details before I choose extended or not.

Looks good. Hopefully they haven't done Destiny and tried to reinvent the wheel. Just take Division 1, new assets, cleaned up code and some new shit.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) B_enjamin411's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF

Seems they've stuck to the same formula with some small changes/tweaks. Looks pretty good to me.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah, looks dam good. They have changed some things a lot but it 'll sounds good to me. Skillful and Arekks have gameplay and review from September ish.

Division 1 was actually a fantastic game. After the Meta shift from SMGs. They really got the formula right. I played a huge amount of it. The worst thing they did was split the community with DLC which they have resolved.

I am really torn, I don't want to end up just soloing it most of the time so will see closer to the date.

Its either this or Anthem for me.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF

Yeah, it's a shame that most of us will have to choose between those two games.

I've been playing a lot of Destiny and wont be replacing completely, but share time across it and something else - and Division is different enough to be fresh and interesting in itself.

I'd rather not solo while a bunch of AUF is playing Anthem either, but will have to just take it as it comes.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Division 1 was actually a fantastic game. After the Meta shift from SMGs. They really got the formula right. I played a huge amount of it. The worst thing they did was split the community with DLC which they have resolved.
    Division 1 had great tech, sound, and gameplay, and I thought the art direction and atmosphere were great too. For me, what really let it down was the absence of story (something that also afflicted Destiny in my eyes), and the poor, superficial writing that was so at odds with the visual presentation (which I thought was super detailed and nuanced).

The Division 2 looks like more of the same to me (just like Destiny 2); great if you loved the original, but a reason to skip the game if youíre like me and didnít. Anthem has the advantage of coming after those games, and hopefully learning from them. The jury is still out, but weíll see.

Off topic here, but Iíve often thought that the premise of the Division would make for a great TV show.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF

I know what you mean, I rushed the game not really having a clue what was going on story-wise honestly. However, after watching some youtube clips on the lore, there is definitely a pretty decent story there ...

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by B_enjamin411 View Post
    I know what you mean, I rushed the game not really having a clue what was going on story-wise honestly. However, after watching some youtube clips on the lore, there is definitely a pretty decent story there ...
    Yeah Destiny has an amazing story if you read the lore they just never put it in Destiny, itís in Destiny 2 but not well done really through story missions etc, the lore is there to read though in game now.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Yeah Destiny has an amazing story if you read the lore they just never put it in Destiny, it’s in Destiny 2 but not well done really through story missions etc, the lore is there to read though in game now.
    I think text entries are fine to add extra context, nuance, or depth to a story - many games do that, and many do it really well. But if you have to read the bulk of a game's story or lore, I personally think that's a fundamental failure of videogame storytelling.

FWIW, I also take a very dim view of games which really present bugger all of the story, and present what little story they have in such a vague way that people have to watch youtube videos to try and figure out what the story might be. That's not good storytelling either, it's not really storytelling at all. One other series is particularly guilty of that...

Not all games need a strong story, but a strong story can enhance nearly every element of a game.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I think text entries are fine to add extra context, nuance, or depth to a story - many games do that, and many do it really well. But if you have to read the bulk of a game's story or lore, I personally think that's a fundamental failure of videogame storytelling.

FWIW, I also take a very dim view of games which really present bugger all of the story, and present what little story they have in such a vague way that people have to watch youtube videos to try and figure out what the story might be. That's not good storytelling either, it's not really storytelling at all. One other series is particularly guilty of that...

Not all games need a strong story, but a strong story can enhance nearly every element of a game.
    I think D2 and in particular Forsaken corrected a lot of the story telling woes D1 had. plus the huge amount of stuff added from Warmind onwards is, hopefully, putting Destiny in the right direction.

With any luck Anthem will have learnt from Destinys mistakes.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

The Division told a lot of its stories through the collectables. Particularly the mobile phones and stuff. But I completely hear what you guys are saying it had it's flaws.

Fingers crossed Anthem is as great as the game looks

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

I think D2 and in particular Forsaken corrected a lot of the story telling woes D1 had. plus the huge amount of stuff added from Warmind onwards is, hopefully, putting Destiny in the right direction.

With any luck Anthem will have learnt from Destinys mistakes.
    I hope youre right regarding anthem loco, but I still find D2 has a long way to go regarding its story and the way they tell it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    I hope youre right regarding anthem loco, but I still find D2 has a long way to go regarding its story and the way they tell it.

I think a major issue with Destinys storytelling is that people are missing the point of that you are the story being told, the things you read about are things that have happened in the past. There is still a lot of what and why going around in Destiny but that's only because the story is still unfolding, this isn't like Red Dead as in the entire story is told in 1 play through of the game. Destiny 1 was a story mess i'll be honest but things happening now (probably even more since the Taken King expansion) are giving us a better idea about whats going on in the world. Things are evolving in real time, Raid completions opening up other sections of the patrollable areas etc

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

True dat Loco, persistant games cant really have a traditional story as they would need an end... Destinys story was just setting the scene for the game you are playing. Stories in games are nice but not as important as how the game plays. I actually prefer a setting and some lore to a story.

I didnt play Div 1 so I have no idea if it even had a story or was just an apocolyptic city to dick around in...
    Last edited by Tallpaul77; 19-01-2019 at 10:20 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    True dat Loco, persistant games cant really have a traditional story as they would need an end... Destinys story was just setting the scene for the game you are playing. Stories in games are nice but not as important as how the game plays.
    I agree they canít have a traditional story just shoehorned in, but that definitely doesnít mean they canít have a great story.

If we go back to Destiny 1 for an example, how does actually finding out who the Stranger is prevent or impede the persistent world gameplay? The writers were taking the piss in that game.

In the Division 1, the story could (and should) have involved you hunting down and killing

With that as the end of the fixed story, that doesnít change the state of NY in any way, or the need for your services as a Division agent in the persistent world. But you still get a proper story, and closure.

The fact that these developers havenít taken that approach is something I find really annoying, and why I didnít buy Destiny 2 and wonít be buying The Division 2.

And a good story can absolutely enhance the gameplay in my opinion. So can something like good music. The way you add consequences, motivation, atmosphere, context, emotion... those are all things that can enhance gameplay, and that a good story can provide.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I agree they canít have a traditional story just shoehorned in, but that definitely doesnít mean they canít have a great story.

If we go back to Destiny 1 for an example, how does actually finding out who the Stranger is prevent or impede the persistent world gameplay? The writers were taking the piss in that game.

In the Division 1, the story could (and should) have involved you hunting down and killing

With that as the end of the fixed story, that doesnít change the state of NY in any way, or the need for your services as a Division agent in the persistent world. But you still get a proper story, and closure.

The fact that these developers havenít taken that approach is something I find really annoying, and why I didnít buy Destiny 2 and wonít be buying The Division 2.

And a good story can absolutely enhance the gameplay in my opinion. So can something like good music. The way you add consequences, motivation, atmosphere, context, emotion... those are all things that can enhance gameplay, and that a good story can provide.

The Stranger stuff is tied up a bit more in D2 Warmind, this is the issue I guess with a continue world/story across a few iterations.

If you canít grasp players with story in the first game youíll lose them before you can tell the story in full.

D1s story like I mentioned before was completely overhauled a year out from launch, which is why the game has no real direction other than shoot these bad guys.

Luckily, for me anyway, Destiny has the best gun mechanics I think Iíve ever played with, the weapons and abilities in the game to me feel amazing and which is why Iíve played it for so long. Itís very hard to play other games especially shooters after playing Destiny for so long.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Luckily, for me anyway, Destiny has the best gun mechanics I think Iíve ever played with, the weapons and abilities in the game to me feel amazing and which is why Iíve played it for so long. Itís very hard to play other games especially shooters after playing Destiny for so long.

Its really the only thing going for it and why I still play.

Ill agree D2 has improved but I still find its story is a bit weak. Osiris and warmind were pretty meh. We killed Xol - a worm god in a story mission, that really bugged me, i felt he should have been a raid.

Forsaken was a great dlc, we got new zones with plenty of secrets to explore and find with a great raid.

Black armoury feels like its a step backwards towards Osiris and Warmind. It has me a bit confused as to where its all come from (no I havent read any lore yet) and I can't actually recall what I did to unlock it all, most likely because I went back to the EDZ and Nessus for the umpteenth time playing rehashed content/zones in what is my opinion a weak attempt to prolong the games life with 'dlc' that doesnt really give us much.