Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Suoy7Sl7RUg

No unlimited tank ammo will upset the tankers.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Doesn't bother me too much - looks good so far. It's the smurf tankers who waste ammo or sit on a hill a mile away that will be most impacted.

So long as you can return to deployment to get ammo, as relying on team mates to put down tactical mobile supply points will probably be harder than getting ammo off a support player that's right next to you.

I am worried about the differences in the tanks though... balance is likely to be shit.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Levelcap has a really good roundup:

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    Doesn't bother me too much - looks good so far. It's the smurf tankers who waste ammo or sit on a hill a mile away that will be most impacted.

So long as you can return to deployment to get ammo, as relying on team mates to put down tactical mobile supply points will probably be harder than getting ammo off a support player that's right next to you.

I am worried about the differences in the tanks though... balance is likely to be shit.
    In the earlier BF games there was always a bay you could drive into at your spawn that would rearm and repair you, and there was often one or two bays on the map itself at certain flags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    I not sure how they are going to manage to get it balanced. It won't be so bad if it's only minor things.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

That game play JackFrags put up was amazing. the game looks very crisp and overall it looks like a solid game

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    So battle ROYAL mode was confirmed

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Typed font just doesn't convey the severity of the "Ugh" I just let out. Wasting resources trying to work out and balance a fad game mode.

As for vehicles, I might not mind the no infinite ammo, as long as that applies to the 'stationary' weapons that can be dragged by vehicles as well, which It doesn't look like is the case from that footage, so that could mean camping AA fucks out in the middle of nowhere can waste a tank while being a cunt dragging a portable AA with them on the edges of the map.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Typed font just doesn't convey the severity of the "Ugh" I just let out. Wasting resources trying to work out and balance a fad game mode.

As for vehicles, I might not mind the no infinite ammo, as long as that applies to the 'stationary' weapons that can be dragged by vehicles as well, which It doesn't look like is the case from that footage, so that could mean camping AA fucks out in the middle of nowhere can waste a tank while being a cunt dragging a portable AA with them on the edges of the map.
    I don't know how battlefield is going to fair in battle royal. It's seems like the wrong kind of game for it and I think it will get old quickly.

I don't know why stationary weapons have unlimited ammo. It should rely on resupply by support to make it balanced. Give support more purpose.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I think BR games have passed the point of being just a fad, i mean they smash anything else viewers wise and have done for a while. They have ESports and stuff its pretty ridiculous.

I feel like it should be pretty easy to balance for DICE as they shouldnt need to create to much and be able to use all the same BFV weapon and map assets and stuff. Basically they could be just running it on one of their BFV grandOps maps with the same guns and ammo and medic spawn systems shown in the clip today. so human resource wise it wont be that bad and shouldnt affect the core game to much if at all.They should be predicting an influx of demand and should of hired appropriately(Haha)

To be honest BR mode could be why they are able to fund the core game with no season pass and no loot boxes. by somehow selling seasons and items like Fortnite stuff separately. Players from BR should also spill over into GrandOps for a change of pace. it will also be another refreshing option for us as well.

Apparently Rush is gone as a game mode?

If DICE is able to pull off BR in BFV without it impacting the core game it could easily smash the other BR options completely as they are crazy fun and not super polished like a AAA game could be.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    I don't even have a problem with that: either do Rush right, or do Operations right, just don't half-arse both and split that player pool. If they make Operations work, that's fine, since I think with a well designed map and mode Operations can be just as good as Rush.

On the subject of Battle Royale, I don't have a problem with that either, so long as they don't half arse it.

My concern around the game modes is that they'll end up diluting the player-base by splitting it between too many modes. From an AUF point of view, it'll be great to have 12 AUFers playing BF5 at the same time, but it'll be a shame if that means 4 playing Operations, 4 playing Battle Royale, and 4 playing Conquest, rather than everyone playing together.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post

My concern around the game modes is that they'll end up diluting the player-base by splitting it between too many modes. From an AUF point of view, it'll be great to have 12 AUFers playing BF5 at the same time, but it'll be a shame if that means 4 playing Operations, 4 playing Battle Royale, and 4 playing Conquest, rather than everyone playing together.

Thats a real concern but i can also see us hopefully getting up there in the number department as well. will just have to wait and aee.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I think BR games have passed the point of being just a fad, i mean they smash anything else viewers wise and have done for a while. They have ESports and stuff its pretty ridiculous.

I feel like it should be pretty easy to balance for DICE as they shouldnt need to create to much and be able to use all the same BFV weapon and map assets and stuff. Basically they could be just running it on one of their BFV grandOps maps with the same guns and ammo and medic spawn systems shown in the clip today. so human resource wise it wont be that bad and shouldnt affect the core game to much if at all.They should be predicting an influx of demand and should of hired appropriately(Haha)

To be honest BR mode could be why they are able to fund the core game with no season pass and no loot boxes. by somehow selling seasons and items like Fortnite stuff separately. Players from BR should also spill over into GrandOps for a change of pace. it will also be another refreshing option for us as well.

If DICE is able to pull off BR in BFV without it impacting the core game it could easily smash the other BR options completely as they are crazy fun and not super polished like a AAA game could be.

I disagree. BR is still a fad. While PubG and Fortnite will allways have dedicated followings, the casual audience will allways move onto the next thing, be it another game in the same fad, or another fad genre entireley.

As for BR in BF, they can't balance for BR while maintaining any of the class balance. If classes play a role, playing with smurfs would be more of a nightmare than ever, especially if vehicles are as strong as they should be in a BF game. The only way a BR game can be balanced is if everybody is on even footing in terms of what they can use if they find, and with classes and BF vehicles, that's just nigh on impossible. Not to mention, to be done right, they'd need to design a BR specific map, we've all seen what happens when DICE goes from mode specific maps to all modes all maps.

As for wasting resources on it, I was going for the developer man-hours it takes designing maps and playtesting and balancing everything, (the last two DICE don't really have a good track record of lately). As for servers, you've allready got two MASSIVE game modes that are going to have to share the playerbase, one of which is THE epitome of BF in conquest and the other a reworked version/combination of popular battlefield game modes (grand operations, combining/reworking rush/operations/etc). More game modes in battlefield just leaves empty servers doing nothing because nobody plays those modes (war pidgeons anyone?)

Also, they say no 'lootboxes', but they've certainly described lootbox-y type stuff. As with everything DICE seems to do, they've seemed to have overcorrected on the no-premium front. The problem wasn't a season pass, the problem was segregating the player base and making the individual DLCs incompatible, which could have been an incredibly easy fix. We know that without a season pass, the game is going to be RIDDLED with micro-transactions, the question is exactly how much, and how much worse is the RSP going to be as well.

Regarding vehicle balance, the current state of BF1 has me very worried. People are still clueless as to what to do at the start of the match, and bitch about unfairness when a heavy bomber flies right to the last flag and drops a huge payload on their heads, when they should be bitching that their pilots didn't go straight for the bomber, which is the most predictable thing in the fucking game. People wasting planes has been in for ages, but at least when you couldn't choose which you wanted one of the planes was shit at ground targets and smurfs would figure that out maybe 40% of the time.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

I don't even have a problem with that: either do Rush right, or do Operations right, just don't half-arse both and split that player pool. If they make Operations work, that's fine, since I think with a well designed map and mode Operations can be just as good as Rush.

On the subject of Battle Royale, I don't have a problem with that either, so long as they don't half arse it.

I hope they do operations properly this time. It's such a promising game mode if designed correctly with decent maps, unlike the bf1 meat grinder that most maps decended into. The maps were too small for 64 players. I had more fun on 42 player servers.

Conquest become a game of ring around the rosy in BF1.

It looks like the night maps will be properly lit. Should make for better gameplay.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Thats fair mate. We will just have to see how it shakes out. hopefully it is good.

Ingame purchasing will probably be a direct purchase model like League of legends or similar. buy in game currency and buy the exact skin you want. or direct purchase.

They could keep the crazier skins and stuff for BR and that would satisfy the BFV community wanting authenticity.

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I really hope the game is less twitch reaction and more strategic. even JackFrags video was faster then i am in some spots. i really miss the well thought out strategy of BFBC2. rush was fast but still required heaps of strategy in most choke points

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Donnez87's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

https://youtu.be/NKfXvlJ2mOY

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Watched a westie vid
    Mentioned suppression "intending to be visual only ",NO sniper "sweet spots",Heavily reduced 3d spotting, but I did notice sound indicators on mini map
    Pretty ,much everything I was after has happened,NO behemoths or elites,NO sweet spots,,,,,,,More emphasis on squad play

Can't wait to try the beta ( b4 I decided to buy),,,,Grand operations the NEW,,,,RUSH ????
    On paper a lot of changes sound good

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Centaurus-201; 11-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Confirmed game modes for launch:
    Conquest, Team Deathmatch, Airborne, Conquest Assault, Breakthrough, Frontlines, Domination and Final Stand

Post-launch:
    Battle Royale

So much for having fewer, more focused modes. Does also seem to hint that adding BR was very reactionary rather than planned.

One neat thing I saw confirmed is that Squad Leaders will wear radio backpacks. I like that.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Radio packs is a very nice touch. All in all it sounds good. Though i am kinda concerned with that amount of game modes.

maybe they should have a rotation of game modes coming in and out or something instead of static list

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Sniper gameplay:

Looks after removing the sweet spot they've gone back to one hit kill up close, with damage gradually trailing off over distance. Hopefully that doesn't bring quickscoping back.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Sniper gameplay:

Looks after removing the sweet spot they've gone back to one hit kill up close, with damage gradually trailing off over distance. Hopefully that doesn't bring quickscoping back.

I'm glad they got rid of the sweet spot shit. Not happy with the one hit kill all ranges unless the rifles are slow firing which they don't seem to be. They need to have a fair delay when aiming down sights. At least judging by this map there is more cover and less massive open areas.

Interesting one of the things jackfrags was saying is that the time to kill is less and it's accentuated by the non regenerating health. Should make team play more important if you need to rely on medics more.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Angry Joe Grand Operations gameplay:

He's a noob so it's a good indication of how the game plays for people who aren't pro gamers or professional youtubers.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Angry Joe Grand Operations gameplay:

He's a noob so it's a good indication of how the game plays for people who aren't pro gamers or professional youtubers.

"Nobody's fucking helping me man"

War never changes.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    "Nobody's fucking helping me man"

War never changes.
    It's going to make Snipers OP, because nobody will be running around with full health.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

It's going to make Snipers OP, because nobody will be running around with full health.

Gotta have those montages of no scope skillz!! Yeah Braz!
    I have not seen any melee kills yet, wonder how fast they are now, low health plus quick melee when you flank those sniper squads giggitty.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I have not seen any melee kills yet, wonder how fast they are now, low health plus quick melee when you flank those sniper squads giggitty.
    There are melee kills in the latest Jackfrags video and the Angey Joe one (first and third person respectively). Looks the same as BF3/4 to me.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I am a little concerned about the amount of knife kills some AUFers will be getting. whats the record for a BF title. 100k. could be easily more with the environment and no 3d spotting in this title.

My main goal will be to not give out any tags to AUFers again.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

I am a little concerned about the amount of knife kills some AUFers will be getting. whats the record for a BF title. 100k. could be easily more with the environment and no 3d spotting in this title.

Check six.

Walk softly.

Carry a big gun.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I hope you have some other - achievable - goals

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Suoy7Sl7RUg

No unlimited tank ammo will upset the tankers.

As a tanker, this pleases me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Donnez87's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm sure I'll find it easier to get tags so I'd be watching your backs Haha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk