Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 489

Thread: Battlefield V

  1. #91
    AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Schidneh
    Posts
    3,454
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    I actually really enjoyed Heroes.


    Until it got weird.



    I think that it looks awesome so far. Having said that, it won't take long for the shitposting retards to cry and Dice then fuck it up for everyone







    Consequences and Repercussions

    H.H > R.C > You



  2. #92
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Heroes.


    Until it got weird.



    I think that it looks awesome so far. Having said that, it won't take long for the shitposting retards to cry and Dice then fuck it up for everyone
    The Heroes angle makes sense too, when you think about it: DICE are going the cosmetics route to make money, instead of a Premium Pass, and Heroes was literally designed from the ground up for that express purpose.

    I'll take the game for whatever it is, but I hope they don't try to misrepresent the game.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  3. #93
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    2,012
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Heroes.


    Until it got weird.



    I think that it looks awesome so far. Having said that, it won't take long for the shitposting retards to cry and Dice then fuck it up for everyone
    They have already started whinging and they haven't even seen any gameplay yet. And dice listens to these morons.

    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

  4. #94
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,368
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    There will be tanks (real tanks - not that crap in BF1).
    There will be no lock-on weapons.

    I will definitely sink many hours in the game.

    My main other hope is that snipers are not as annoying as they were in BF1, at least at the start (limited cover on maps; too easy to aim; don't appear on minimap). Not sure if they ended up getting nerfed.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

  5. #95
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Out the bay
    Posts
    1,107
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    There will be tanks (real tanks - not that crap in BF1).
    There will be no lock-on weapons.

    I will definitely sink many hours in the game.

    My main other hope is that snipers are not as annoying as they were in BF1, at least at the start (limited cover on maps; too easy to aim; don't appear on minimap). Not sure if they ended up getting nerfed.
    Interesting to see what they will do with suppressors in this one.
    They gave in on BF1 and gave the snipers one in the end.


    Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you



  6. #96
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,368
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    Interesting to see what they will do with suppressors in this one.
    They gave in on BF1 and gave the snipers one in the end.
    Really? Sniping was crazy easy at the start of BF1 without suppressors. Even my son, who couldn't snipe for shit in BF4, knifed a sniper and then killed five people on about his second game.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

  7. #97
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    - Spotting... difficult to know how it will play out from the video... hopefully the minimap will be more useful than bf1
    Jack said straight out that DICE didn't want people playing off the minimap in BF5, so if anything it sounds like it will be less useful than in BF1.

    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    What's also funny is that I realised I never played Panama Canal - it was Conquest only and back then I only played Rush.
    I didn't really like Conquest in BFBC2, and who would when Rush was so fucking fantastic, but Panama Canal was excellent and one of the best maps in BFBC2.



    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  8. #98
    AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Donnez87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    205
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    https://youtu.be/Hm5E6ndWZJg

    Pretty funny this guy is good viewing

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  9. #99
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnez87 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Hm5E6ndWZJg

    Pretty funny this guy is good viewing

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    That's an ad Donnez


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  10. #100
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,478
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post

    The fortifications thing is intriguing. Could be fantastic, or terrible. I like the concept, but getting the implementation right seems like a hell of a challenge.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Honestly, the fortifications concept sounds great but concerns me a little also.

    In BF1, I felt a lot of the maps became a game of cat and mouse and teams would just rotate round the map taking the paths of least resistance capping flags that had little to no resistence because they were all off capping one of our flags. I honestly think this problem arose because the maps allowed for too much lateral movement to outflank the opponent, and should have had a few more choke points at the centre flags.

    Fast forward to this fortification concept, we are most likely going to see fortification positions set up around flag areas, but will these fortifications give defending teams too much of an advantage in holding a position? If a team gets an upper hand and fortifies central or forward positions, will the disadvantaged team get faster respawns of tanks etc to try mount an offensive? Or will we just be able to 'flank' the entire map and back cap behind them forcing them to abandon their defensable positions making them moot anyway?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  11. #101
    AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Deception Bay Qld
    Posts
    4,036
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Honestly, the fortifications concept sounds great but concerns me a little also.

    In BF1, I felt a lot of the maps became a game of cat and mouse and teams would just rotate round the map taking the paths of least resistance capping flags that had little to no resistence because they were all off capping one of our flags. I honestly think this problem arose because the maps allowed for too much lateral movement to outflank the opponent, and should have had a few more choke points at the centre flags.

    Fast forward to this fortification concept, we are most likely going to see fortification positions set up around flag areas, but will these fortifications give defending teams too much of an advantage in holding a position? If a team gets an upper hand and fortifies central or forward positions, will the disadvantaged team get faster respawns of tanks etc to try mount an offensive? Or will we just be able to 'flank' the entire map and back cap behind them forcing them to abandon their defensable positions making them moot anyway?

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Metro and locker come to mind when reading your comment Howie..

    This is Westies take on it...

    https://youtu.be/hRz4gyjH5J8
    Last edited by keppida; 26-05-2018 at 02:48 AM.

  12. #102
    AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Donnez87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    205
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    https://youtu.be/NOynQL77N8E

    Ok heres the right link i think

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  13. #103
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Out the bay
    Posts
    1,107
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnez87 View Post
    https://youtu.be/NOynQL77N8E

    Ok heres the right link i think

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    He's spot on about the plane.
    One burst with that heavy -> 98 damage -> vehicle destroyed -> one unhappy Gilly


    Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you



  14. #104
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,368
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    He's spot on about the plane.
    One burst with that heavy -> 98 damage -> vehicle destroyed -> one unhappy Gilly
    I have read that the guy shot a grenade in midair, rather than the gun causing all that damage. All a bit frantic to pick that up.

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Jack said straight out that DICE didn't want people playing off the minimap in BF5, so if anything it sounds like it will be less useful than in BF1.
    I heard Jack say that but am hoping it is wrong Situation awareness via the minimap is what allowed a 40 something yo gamer to compete against young whippersnappers and made it more tactical...
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

  15. #105
    AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Deception Bay Qld
    Posts
    4,036
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    He's spot on about the plane.
    One burst with that heavy -> 98 damage -> vehicle destroyed -> one unhappy Gilly
    He actually shot at the same time a grenade that was thrown back by the guy to his right and it exploded..

    But in saying that.. in all battlefield pre game footage.. what you see in pretty colours and great animated footage.. never plays out in the real game..
    Last edited by keppida; 26-05-2018 at 08:18 AM.

  16. #106
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    2,012
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    .



    I heard Jack say that but am hoping it is wrong Situation awareness via the minimap is what allowed a 40 something yo gamer to compete against young whippersnappers and made it more tactical...
    I always hated that in Bf4. I felt it was less tactical. You could go to the effort to tactically flank a point, then unless you had a suppressor as soon as you fired you might as well have had a flashing light on your head. You lit up on the minimap meaning everyone knew where you were instantly giving away any tactical advantage away. Same goes with the 3d spotting.

    I don't mind if recons have some sort of spotting device as it gives them a class specific item.



    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

  17. #107
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    In thinking about it, im curious as to how Conquest will play out now that you can fortify flags with defensive structures and gun emplacements. From listening to the interview with Dan Berlin it seems like all of the fortification stuff will be at the capture points.

    It could be interesting if it means some more Rush-like elements making their way into Conquest (now that Rush is no longer in the game).


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  18. #108
    AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N.S.W
    Posts
    17,725
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    It could be interesting if it means some more Rush-like elements making their way into Conquest (now that Rush is no longer in the game).


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Thatís a bummer I only really enjoyed Rush, was never a fan of the merry-go-round that Conquest is.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

  19. #109
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Thatís a bummer I only really enjoyed Rush, was never a fan of the merry-go-round that Conquest is.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    They've replaced it with Grand Operations. It's a good call too IMHO, Rush and Operations were basically the same thing, and all having the two modes did was cannibalise the player base for that style.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  20. #110
    AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N.S.W
    Posts
    17,725
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    They've replaced it with Grand Operations. It's a good call too IMHO, Rush and Operations were basically the same thing, and all having the two modes did was cannibalise the player base for that style.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Ah ok that makes sense then, I didnít stick around long enough in BF1 to really see what was there to play.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

  21. #111
    AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Deception Bay Qld
    Posts
    4,036
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

    Default

    Jackfrags on bf5 progression
    https://youtu.be/zs7sqpMiYJo

  22. #112
    AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Donnez87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    205
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Seen this on Facebook pretty funny how ever don't know if it's been fact checked

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

  23. #113
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    I'm interested to see how the "Company" system works exactly. Are they going to make you buy your vehicles, like I believe World of Tanks and War Thunder do? I really hope not, but one of the screens in that tides of War video that Jackfrags put out seemed to hint at it.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  24. #114
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    5,048
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I'm interested to see how the "Company" system works exactly. Are they going to make you buy your vehicles, like I believe World of Tanks and War Thunder do? I really hope not, but one of the screens in that tides of War video that Jackfrags put out seemed to hint at it.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Even I didn't think DICE would be that retarded, but I've underestimated them before

    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

    "What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

    "thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

  25. #115
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,478
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    Metro and locker come to mind when reading your comment Howie..

    This is Westies take on it...

    https://youtu.be/hRz4gyjH5J8
    Thats exactly what I thought when I was writting that comment mate. But even the bigger maps without choke points in BF4 forced people to engage in combat. I felt BF1 maps were too big and open, even with 64 players. Some games youd spend more time running a circuit of the map capping flags and hardly encountering anyone.

    Sure, no one had to play like that, but when 70% of your team is playing like that it kind of forces you into that position. If you decide to go off and try fight the bulk of the opposing force, you might get a few kills but you wont make it far.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  26. #116
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    1,478
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    They've replaced it with Grand Operations. It's a good call too IMHO, Rush and Operations were basically the same thing, and all having the two modes did was cannibalise the player base for that style.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    They really need to make operations the flagship game mode though. It was an absolute flop in bf1. Matchmaking was to put it bluntly - fucked and therefore no one played it.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  27. #117
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    2,012
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    I think operations needs some tweaking. Especially with 64 players. I found it just a constant meat grinder full of snipers. Spent more time in the spawn screen than I did in game. I enjoyed the smaller conquest player counts.

    I find battlefield is at its best when it is lots of small battles where you can use some tactics to clear out a couple of squads and cap a point with a short bit of downtime in between firefights. I find it's frustrating when it's spawn, get a couple of kills, die, respawn and repeat. Getting shot from every direction because everyone is running around like headless chooks.

    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

  28. #118
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default Battlefield V

    Rush style gameplay works best when there are ways to sneak behind enemy lines - the 24 player cap, lower (fixed) FOV, and excellent map design in BFBC2 combined to make it work like a charm.

    When you have a massive player count it basically eliminates the opportunity to sneak past enemy lines unnoticed. There needs to be really, really good map design to get around that. If I'm being honest, I don't have a lot of confidence in DICE on that particular front these days.


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  29. #119
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    All of the concept art they've released. Well worth a look, it's really interesting:

    https://imgur.com/a/8MYm1bN



    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  30. #120
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,790
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default Battlefield V

    Only two factions at launch (apparently): British and Germans.


    https://www.instagram.com/p/BjXZeKTBKoM/


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •