Thread: Battlefield V

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

I love how in the trailer there's a dude begging for a health pack, and the medic just runs straight past him and ignores him. That must be the Medic | Selfish Arsehole archetype/class... a Battlefield staple lol.

Not sure about blue face paint, anachronistic hairstyles, and robotic arms in a WW2 Battlefield game, or sliding along the ground on your back shooting your weapon. The latter might end up being the new dolphin diving/bunny hopping. Will have to wait and see proper gameplay.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 24-05-2018 at 08:45 AM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks nice (in before gilly), but I'd love to see some unscripted gameplay

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

ah so. i am super hyped. that trailer looked and sounded amazing. Seee you all on the frontline i guess.

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Sounds like they are trying to take some steps in the right direction.

But that trailer...fmd did I just watch a guy walking around in the open reloading an mg...then just casually fire a few rounds off the hip and shoot a plane down?? Seriously??

Still on the fence with this as Ive still got a sour taste in my mouth from BF1.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I love how in the trailer there's a dude begging for a health pack, and the medic just runs straight past him and ignores him. That must be the Medic | Selfish Arsehole archetype/class... a Battlefield staple lol.

Not sure about blue face paint, anachronistic hairstyles, and robotic arms in a WW2 Battlefield game, or sliding along the ground on your back shooting your weapon. The latter might end up being the new dolphin diving/bunny hopping. Will have to wait and see proper gameplay.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Yeah gotta love those medics.

I think the face paint is a bit much. However if it means that they got rid of premium but added in extra customisation microtransactions then I can live with it.

They explained in one of the videos that there is a delay between diving and being able to shoot so it should eliminate dolphin diving as a legitimate tactic.

I love that your health doesn't regen fully, and that you have limited ammo. It will force people to hang around their squadmates for the medics and support. And hopefully prevent a server fully of assaults and snipers which was what bf1 was most of the time.

Also they have dialed back the grenade spam by the sounds of it, and added the ability to throw them back. Hated the constant grenade spam in bf1.

Top that off with no behemoths, or elites, and it all good things in my book.

I'm interested to see how the building mechanics are going to work. I thinks it cool that they have heaps of destruction but still leaves the ability to defend a location by fortifying it. It used to suck having a flag completely destroyed and no cover leaving you exposed like a fart in the wind.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Another long breakdown video, this one by AngryJoe:

There's also a PCGamer article:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/everything-y...battlefield-5/

Summarised list of features from the Jackfrags and AngryJoe videos and the PC Gamer article, courtesy of SweetNicole at ResetERA:

• No Season Pass
    • Launch locations are France, Africa and Rotterdam and North Africa desert
    • Coop Mode called Combined Arms
    • Single player War Stories return
    • Fortifications are things like sand ags, trenches, tank stoppers. Only supports can build offensively defense fortifications such as machine guns, field cannons and are much faster at building everything.
    • Predetermined areas to build such as at flags, can rebuild destroyed buildings
    • Health bar is in stages, only regen up to closest stage not to 100 anymore
    • Physical interactions - every action in the game requires a player interact for things like medkits, spotting, ammo, ledge grabbing (example: healing requires walking over to a health pack, character animation to pick it up, then start healing)
    • No more HUD/map spotting, spotting is based on movement/changes around you
    • Much less ammo on spawn, out of ammo after a few fights, but more ways to resupply ammo in the battlefield from packs, crates, or grabbing small amounts of ammo off of bodies (all requires physical interactions)
    • Revive system has a full on animation, takes a few seconds to complete, no more revive trains, takes time to complete
    • Ragdolls are server side, can now drag a downed player's body elsewhere
    • Any class can do a squad revive, takes longer than a medic revive, does not give full health points
    • Can call for help when down such as in the trailer
    • Ragdolls (player bodies) effect the environment, push down grass etc.
    • Gunplay completely changed
    • No more visual recoil
    • Each gun has a unique recoil pattern that can be learned and mastered
    • Bipods easier to use and setup
    • Bullet penetration through thin wood, sheet metal, walls
    • Movement change, can now dive froward, backward, left and right similar to R6 Siege prone system
    • Diving has a delay to prevent dolphin diving
    • Crouch sprinting is in the game
    • Can burst out of widows and commando roll, no destroying windows first
    • Can catch, throwback or shoot grenades
    • Less grenades because less ammo
    • Can tow items in the game with vehicles such as previously stationary anti-air guns, teammate can use an anti-air gun while you tow it with a vehicle
    • For example, can drive a tiger tank towing a field cannon behind it or a truck towing ammo crate to resupply teammates on the front line
    • Destruction explodes inwards or outwards based on where the destruction happens. Throw a grenade inside of the building? The explosion sends things outside of it. Outside of it? Breaks inwards.
    • Tank driving into a building slowly destroys a building, walls slowly crack/fall, not instant
    • Heavily focused on squad play, instant placed in squad when joining a game
    • New squad spawning system, squad deploy system that shows what squad mates are doing in third person in real time before the tactical map screen, so spawning on squad is kicker than spawning on tactical map screen
    • Since squad spawning/deploying is faster than tactical map, squad wipes are serious
    • Squads accumulate points that can be spent on "squad call-ins", only squad leader can spend them in
    • Squad Call-ins are V1 or JB2 rockets as seen in the trailer, supply drops with ammo/health, a smoke barrage, heavy weapon pickups (not hero kits), squad only vehicles such as Churchill crocodile flamethrower tank or the Sturm tiger
    • Elite classes are gone
    • Behemoths are gone
    • Large, non-fatal explosions can knock a player over
    • Four classes are back: assault, medic, scout, support
    • Create a solider, add them to a company of soldiers, then can customize things like gender, face look, face paint, outfit, accessories, etc. and assign them a class archtype
    • Class archetypes highly customization
    • Can be an assault that specializes in anti-tank or anti-infantry only, or a mix of both, etc.
    • Highly specialized archetypes called exotics such as a recon paratrooper, stealthy short-range behind enemy lines person who uses a suppressed SMG and silent gadgets like pistols and garrotes comes with silent footsteps and throwing knives
    • Can change and add specialization trees such as agility, flak armor, suppressive resistance
    • The more you play a class more you get more specializations/archetypes within said class
    • Same system for guns, pick a gun, level it up, unlock specializations and making gameplay choices in a skill tree on that gun
    • Specializations are the only thing that affects how a gun plays or feels (ex: bipod)
    • Five-seven elements to change on a gun to make it your own (stocks, sights, muzzles, chassis, skins, leaves on the front, cloth on back, straps, etc).
    • Gameplay and visual customization is SEPARATE. Look of weapon is just visual without impacting gameplay, specialization is what determines how the gun plays/feels.
    • Same system for vehicles and planes
    • Asymmetric vehicles for teams, (ex: one team might get a big slow tank that does lot of damage, other team gets a small fast tank that does light damage)
    • Grand Operations gamemode, each day is a full match, always advance to the next day
    • GOs have different objectives per day
    • Success or failure in GO days have visual and gameplay impact
    • Day 4 only has a chance to happen if there isn't a clear winner from previous days
    • Day 4 is last stand, limited ammo, no respawns, whoever lives to the end wins
    • Coop mode, combined arms with a dynamic mission creator/AI that sits between SP/MP as a creative sandbox
    • Soldiers created for a company can be used in both coop and MP, parity
    • No news on suppression yet, uncertain if in game
    • All logic in game is server side, not client side so changes to systems do not require a patch
    • Promises of more communication between devs and community, roadmaps, etc.
    • New content is called Tides of war, daily/weekly/monthly challenges with overarching chapters and questlines that give you "unique items and cosmetics"
    • Tides of War gives new maps, game modes, limited time experiences
    • Variety of maps with different tones such as complete crushing battlefield chaos or more slow space large maps with tempo that goes up and down
    • Gamemodes confirmed: Grand Operations, Conquest, TDM, Domination
    • No news on RSP
    • The Shhhh animation from the trailer is possible to experience in game
    • Transport vehicles are alive on the map and can jump into them
    • Combat vehicles spawn from tactical deployment map

https://www.resetera.com/threads/bat...actions.44457/

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 24-05-2018 at 10:23 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Fuck.

Yeah.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post

Fuck.

Yeah.
    Not gonna lie. this is the bit i am most excited about.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

Summarised list of features from the Jackfrags and AngryJoe videos and the PC Gamer article, courtesy of SweetNicole at ResetERA:

• No Season Pass
    • Fortifications are things like sand ags, trenches, tank stoppers. Only supports can build offensively defense fortifications such as machine guns, field cannons and are much faster at building everything.
    • Health bar is in stages, only regen up to closest stage not to 100 anymore
    • Physical interactions - every action in the game requires a player interact for things like medkits, spotting, ammo, ledge grabbing (example: healing requires walking over to a health pack, character animation to pick it up, then start healing)
    • No more HUD/map spotting, spotting is based on movement/changes around you
    • Much less ammo on spawn, out of ammo after a few fights, but more ways to resupply ammo in the battlefield from packs, crates, or grabbing small amounts of ammo off of bodies (all requires physical interactions)
    • Revive system has a full on animation, takes a few seconds to complete, no more revive trains, takes time to complete
    • Each gun has a unique recoil pattern that can be learned and mastered
    • Asymmetric vehicles for teams, (ex: one team might get a big slow tank that does lot of damage, other team gets a small fast tank that does light damage)
    My thoughts...

- The trailer certainly didn't sell the game well. There's time for them to incorporate feedback about the look & feel though.

Most of the changes sound really good in concept:
    - No premium is the best on the list if it leads to a greater set of maps being played.
    - Fortifications sound awesome. Support now has a much greater role.
    - Not sure how I feel about the health system. In conjunction with the squad call-ins, this may make clans/squads of elite players even more OP. Getting stuck with a bunch of randoms is going to really suck.
    - Spotting... difficult to know how it will play out from the video... hopefully the minimap will be more useful than bf1
    - I like the ammo changes - will stop people spamming choke points and getting magically reloaded + less grenades!
    - Recoil changes... Ups skill level requirements. Hopefully they have added the ability to balance differently on PC and console.
    - Asymmetric vehicles - Almost impossible to balance. *source - vehicle whore *
    - Destruction... even better, yah!
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Some very big changes planned, and many of them sound like they could go catastrophically wrong if not implemented well.

The visual customisation... I'm unsure of. I worry this will end up too much like Battlefield Heroes, with dudes running around with peg legs and eye patches and pirate hats. The magically activated prosthetic arm is setting off claxons for me. Customisation is great and I think the setting is ripe for it, but it sounds like they'll go way beyond sensible limits in order to chase microtransaction dollars.

The fortifications thing is intriguing. Could be fantastic, or terrible. I like the concept, but getting the implementation right seems like a hell of a challenge.

The full physical animations thing is also intriguing. The realism is nice, but I worry what the gameplay/fun factor cost will be. Slowing down revives sounds to me like basically putting a complete end to revives (given my experiences), but the dragging bodies thing sounds awesome to me and could make up for that, depending on how it's implemented. The pessimist in me imagines dragging a body back to cover under heavy fire, only to find a player has refused a revive or already respawned in the meantime.

Squad call ins sound awesome and theme appropriate, but I suspect that they're going to create big balance issues. Similarly, asymmetric vehicles are nearly impossible to balance. You'll probably end up with a situation where at the start of a match nearly everyone from one side will quit, because they know that that particular side sucks on that particular map due to vehicle imbalance.

Explosive knockdowns sound like they'd become infuriating very quickly.

I've never been a fan of prone, or as I prefer to call it, Enhanced Camping, and it seems like they've doubled down on it with the sliding and shooting stuff. I really hope it's a good implementation. I know they've said they're copying the Rainbow Six:Siege system, but that's a very different type of game to Battlefield, and I think the Rainbow Six style would suck in Battlefield. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

MRW I read all these good changes

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    MRW I read all these good changes

Still one of the best bugs in gaming. That, and the poopy pants run.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 24-05-2018 at 12:00 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Still one of the best bugs in gaming. That, and the poopy pants run.

I was laughing to myself the whole time I was thinking about that pic, it was even funnier to see it mid game.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Ok I'm excited... will.have to watch all these after work lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Have battlefield trailers allways been beautifully rendered bullshit, or have some been the kind where you can actually get a sense of what the game will be like and able to tell what's happening. That trailer was way too scripted to be pvp-multiplayer, but it had a female with a magic robot arm. Maybe it was a co-op mission?

Sounds like they've made a couple of good decisions, but also a few bad ones and a few on-the-fence decisions that could be a massive fuck up if not done well. no premium/visual-recoil/behemoths/elite-kits are great, but it looks like with all the visual customisation and the way the classes work it's going to be a bitch to tell who is what, which is a pain if you have to not only find a capable medic/support but now go through an animation to pick the bitch up. and with how many explosions there will be (no matter how much they tone down the nade spam it will still be present, not to mention vehicles) getting knocked down by explosions is going to get more annoying than having shit weather for more than 50% of a match every match.

No word on wether they're getting rid of the god-awful vote next map either.

With all the extra physics calculations and animations and shit, with Dice's penchant for shit controls, and the fact that contextual cues have been buggy as hell since BF3, I'm very unsure of how well they think it's going to work.

And yeh, assymetric vehicle balancing is a fucked up decision, DICE can barely balance what they've allready got. That and with all the teamplay/squadplay stuff I'm predicting even more "the round just started how are we getting fucked in the ass allready .... oh, we're 10 players down"
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 24-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Have battlefield trailers allways been beautifully rendered bullshit, or have some been the kind where you can actually get a sense of what the game will be like and able to tell what's happening. That trailer was way too scripted to be pvp-multiplayer, but it had a female with a magic robot arm. Maybe it was a co-op mission?

Sounds like they've made a couple of good decisions, but also a few bad ones and a few on-the-fence decisions that could be a massive fuck up if not done well. no premium/visual-recoil/behemoths/elite-kits are great, but it looks like with all the visual customisation and the way the classes work it's going to be a bitch to tell who is what, which is a pain if you have to not only find a capable medic/support but now go through an animation to pick the bitch up. and with how many explosions there will be (no matter how much they tone down the nade spam it will still be present, not to mention vehicles) getting knocked down by explosions is going to get more annoying than having shit weather for more than 50% of a match every match.

With all the extra physics calculations and animations and shit, with Dice's penchant for shit controls, and the fact that contextual cues have been buggy as hell since BF3, I'm very unsure of how well they think it's going to work.

And yeh, assymetric vehicle balancing is a fucked up decision, DICE can barely balance what they've allready got. That and with all the teamplay/squadplay stuff I'm predicting even more "the round just started how are we getting fucked in the ass allready .... oh, we're 10 players down"
    So is that a yes or no vote... im easily confused.. just on a side note.. did i hear jackfrag mention facial customisation .. or was he talking about stuff above my pay grade?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

You know your going to buy it Gilly.

They are definitely swinging for the fences with some of the stuff they are implementing, considering their track record. Only time will tell I guess.

And that trailer was way too over the top. Tried to jam too much shit in a 1min trailer.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Have battlefield trailers allways been beautifully rendered bullshit, or have some been the kind where you can actually get a sense of what the game will be like and able to tell what's happening.
    Look up the BFBC2 "Battlefield Moments" trailers. They did three IIRC: Atacama Desert, Arica Harbour, and Panama Canal.

They had it easy back then though, BFBC2 is the greatest game ever made, so it sold itself

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

Look up the BFBC2 "Battlefield Moments" trailers. They did three IIRC: Atacama Desert, Arica Harbour, and Panama Canal.
    They had it easy back then though, BFBC2 is the greatest game ever made, so it sold itself
    Just watched one of them - pure 100% multiplayer footage. They even threw down medic & ammo packs for friendlies. Brought back good memories

What's also funny is that I realised I never played Panama Canal - it was Conquest only and back then I only played Rush.
    Last edited by ColOfTheDead; 24-05-2018 at 03:01 PM.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

You have to admit that it certainly looks pretty:

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    Just watched one of them - pure 100% multiplayer footage. They even threw down medic & ammo packs for friendlies. Brought back good memories
    The Atacama Desert one was the first time we got a look at BFBC2 multiplayer (not including some offscreen footage leaked out of PAX) and AUF collectively shit its pants when it saw it. It looked so, so good.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 24-05-2018 at 03:30 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I have read all these promises before. Seen the pretty footage before. But for the most part, games have lacked depth. All talk and hype bullshit.

Until o get my hands on it, or hear from players after the initial hype has died will I believe DICE and EA.

Their games have always been beautifully rendered, so no surprise it is a beautiful looking game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

The rusty hinges on my wallet are getting oiled and for WW2 I will let the moths out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

If you havent already watch JackFrags breakdown video and New features videos. much better then the trailer itself. explains lots of things.

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Breakdown of the trailer
    https://youtu.be/3fzUDX5CZaU

New features
    https://youtu.be/xegBXGaFrOU

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

I've also heard from multiple people that their disappointed with the trailer because it doesn't really play out like that at all. They feel the trailer made it look a but childish...

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

The movement speed seems so. Much slower in those trailers. The graphics have definitely come a long way since early ps3 days.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I thought this was interesting, someone cut the BF5 trailer to match the BF1 trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    The movement speed seems so. Much slower in those trailers. The graphics have definitely come a long way since early ps3 days.

Yeah the BF series didn't really become a twitch shooter until BF3.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Frags interview with developer, elaborates on some of the systems obviousley stays hush on a few questions, good watch. On paper sounds great they are definitely going for a more TACTICAL SQUAD BASED approach.
    Warning 25min long
    Can't wait to see gameplay at EA access and get my hands on beta before decision made but I'm more optimistic then I was b4 reveal (after the dumbed down BF that was 1)
    https://youtu.be/dh4MHyozPyU

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

With all the controversy with having females in WWII this made me laugh.

https://twitter.com/davemilbo/status...239390721?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

In terms of the tone, it feels more like Battlefield Heroes 2 than Battlefield 5 to me (so far).

It's almost what I envision a Hideo Kojima WW2 game would look like.

--> CLICK HERE <--