Thread: Battlefield V

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Battle Royal Mode announced. Fuck me dead. I cant believe they are pushing it, it has no place in a BF game. Fucking fortnite.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

15 minutes of tank gameplay (German and British):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post

Looks so good. That tank driving over the snow, the way the breeze catches the coverings to make them sway in the wind like a mighty mane.

Having a tank high tail it away from you as an infantry is one of the sweetest feelings on the battlefield. Hitting 'em in the rear sweet spot or tricking them to chase you over mines muhahaha, so, so good.

Conversely though I have a weird need to repair friendly tanks, I don't know what it is but if I see a friendly tank I am drawn to it like a seagull on a chip! Gotta pull out my tool and go to work.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

10 minutes of plane gameplay:

On the 'must repair friendly tanks' OCD, I hear ya Smajs, I hear ya buddy. Tools 4 lyfe

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Only watched 5 minutes but damn it looks great visually. The snow pelting into the side of the turret then whipping around it is a nice touch.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Westie with his concerns from having played the game at EA Play:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Here's a good gameplay video from Ravic, gives a pretty good look at how the game will play I think:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks just the same as Brusilov Keep.

Battlefield 1.945

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    Looks just the same as Brusilov Keep.

Battlefield 1.945
    I like it

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

I see real tanks. I see guns with scopes. I see destruction. And perhaps even a focus on Rush again.

I will need to acquire a PS4 Pro (gave the PS4 to my son)...
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Here's a good gameplay video from Ravic, gives a pretty good look at how the game will play I think:

Did i just watch a medic mount a tank, get his needle out, stab it a few times and then it blew up...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Westie with his concerns from having played the game at EA Play:

About the only thing I agree with is his take on the lighting, I saw that ribbon shit flash up on another video too. Definitely needs to go, I dont want any of that in my game. Lighting inside buildings was an issue on BF1 too, guess I havent played it since that was fixed. My personal fix to that was just adjusting my game brightness/contrast.

Honestly, im glad 3d spotting is gone and they are making it harder to distinguish enemies. None of that crap is available in real battle. I would like to see the minimap to be only a map, with fixed objectives/placements on it.

Dont know how I feel about the grenades yet, but im probably not going to like them. I didnt feel grenade spam was a problem in BF1, with the reduced resupply time, I felt it wasnt that bad. I guess they introduced this increased fuse timer thing because theyve brought in the mechanic of now being able to throw grenades back - which im not that keen on. Id prefer to see a more realistic damage model from grenades. Being prone would take reduced damage, grenades inside building can be more deadly due to being in a confined space etc.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfTheDead View Post
    And perhaps even a focus on Rush again.
    There's no Rush mode in BF5.

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Did i just watch a medic mount a tank, get his needle out, stab it a few times and then it blew up...
    You sure did. Of all the gameplay I've seen, I've liked Ravic's the best. He plays like a Battlefield vet, which is not surprising, because he is one. Most of the other youtubers play like people who cut their teeth on other games, and are more worried about their KD than anything else.

Honestly, im glad 3d spotting is gone and they are making it harder to distinguish enemies. None of that crap is available in real battle. I would like to see the minimap to be only a map, with fixed objectives/placements on it.
    Spotting is probably the best feature ever added to the Battlefield series - finally a way to quickly communicate enemy movements to your teammates, even if they weren't on comms. It started as being something done passively, when you fired near an enemy (BF1943), before becoming an active ability with its own button in BFBC2. In those games it worked great, because they were very clear visually and it didn't really offer an advantage in terms of locating an enemy that you were already looking towards.

As the proceeding games added more and more visual crap, and scaled the entire world down, it became much harder to actually see enemies. In BF1, it's true that you're often shooting at doritos when you can't even see the soldier it's sitting above. I understand them wanting to get away from that, and support it. It's still hard to get a read on exactly what the changes are, but hopefully that core mechanic of being able to alert your teammates to enemy movement (such a crucial feature in Rush, and hopefully in Operations) is preserved somehow. It was often the only semblance of teamwork you'd experience in some matches.

As for distinguishing enemies, with the new customisation crap and ability to have any soldier fighting for any faction (e.g. women as British paratroopers, Indians fighting for the Nazis, red headed bearded caucasians fighting for the Japanese, etc.), it's nearly impossible to distinguish who the fuck anyone is fighting for. Those 'best squad' screens at the end of these gameplay recordings are often hilarious, because it's often nearly impossible to figure out which class or even faction they represent. To counter that they need to have blue dots over friendly heads at ALL ranges.

I guess they introduced this increased fuse timer thing because theyve brought in the mechanic of now being able to throw grenades back - which im not that keen on.
    I'm not really sure how that's going to play either - will it make grenades effectively useless? Will defenders be hoping that some get lobbed their way so that they can throw them back? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I don't think grenade spam makes the game better for anybody, but they can be a useful area denial tool (around M-COMMS especially) in some of the older games.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

I found the grenades annoying in BF1. The gas grenade and the incindary were particularly pains in the arse. I'm glad to see the gas grenade gone. They were cheap mechanics.

It wasn't helped by the terrible grenade indicators. It was so hard to figure out where the enemy grenade was in relation to you. Grenades in BF1 were used as a main weapon. Instead they should just be a tool for flushing people out of areas not as a way to get easy kills. It was way too easy to get kills with them in BF1. The throw time was too short also which meant if you were surprised by an enemy you could get a quick grenade off before they shot you often resulting in a kill after you died.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) ColOfTheDead's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ColOfTheDead
    XBLA
    N/A

No, but there may be an increased focus on the operations mode.

There's way too many game modes though.

You sure did. Of all the gameplay I've seen, I've liked Ravic's the best. He plays like a Battlefield vet, which is not surprising, because he is one. Most of the other youtubers play like people who cut their teeth on other games, and are more worried about their KD than anything else.
    Hmmm.... stabbing a tank with a medic's needle to destroy it seems ridiculous and overpowered. There's a reason you choose engineer over medic on vehicle maps...

Spotting is probably the best feature ever added to the Battlefield series - finally a way to quickly communicate enemy movements to your teammates, even if they weren't on comms.
    Yes, it was one of the reasons I loved Battlefield over other games. And it is being progressively nerfed out of existence.

At the very least, the soldier visibility needs to be addressed. I noticed several instances of enemy soldiers just wandering up to the other team in the gameplay footage I watched.

I'm not really sure how that's going to play either - will it make grenades effectively useless? Will defenders be hoping that some get lobbed their way so that they can throw them back? It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I don't think grenade spam makes the game better for anybody, but they can be a useful area denial tool (around M-COMMS especially) in some of the older games.
    I'm not sure why they needed to change anything over BF4 (at it stands now) - just go back to the timer starts when you throw the grenade and make replenishing time consuming...

EDIT: btw, watching the air combat video, the turning circle of the spitfire is much smaller than the the Bf109... sigh....
    Last edited by ColOfTheDead; 17-06-2018 at 07:04 AM.
    "I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better." - Starship Troopers

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Hmmm.... stabbing a tank with a medic's needle to destroy it seems ridiculous and overpowered. There's a reason you choose engineer over medic on vehicle maps...

Did it actually damage the tank? I thought someone shot the tank with an RPG whilst he was sitting on it making it look like the needle damaged it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

He was testing to see if you could kill the driver (that works in some other BF games if you do it in the right spot). He didn't damage the tank.

EDIT: btw, watching the air combat video, the turning circle of the spitfire is much smaller than the the Bf109... sigh....
    The Bf.109 is tougher though. We'll see how the asymmetric vehicles go. I don't have much faith.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Spotting is probably the best feature ever added to the Battlefield series - finally a way to quickly communicate enemy movements to your teammates, even if they weren't on comms. It started as being something done passively, when you fired near an enemy (BF1943), before becoming an active ability with its own button in BFBC2. In those games it worked great, because they were very clear visually and it didn't really offer an advantage in terms of locating an enemy that you were already looking towards.

As the proceeding games added more and more visual crap, and scaled the entire world down, it became much harder to actually see enemies. In BF1, it's true that you're often shooting at doritos when you can't even see the soldier it's sitting above. I understand them wanting to get away from that, and support it. It's still hard to get a read on exactly what the changes are, but hopefully that core mechanic of being able to alert your teammates to enemy movement (such a crucial feature in Rush, and hopefully in Operations) is preserved somehow. It was often the only semblance of teamwork you'd experience in some matches.

As for distinguishing enemies, with the new customisation crap and ability to have any soldier fighting for any faction (e.g. women as British paratroopers, Indians fighting for the Nazis, red headed bearded caucasians fighting for the Japanese, etc.), it's nearly impossible to distinguish who the fuck anyone is fighting for. Those 'best squad' screens at the end of these gameplay recordings are often hilarious, because it's often nearly impossible to figure out which class or even faction they represent. To counter that they need to have blue dots over friendly heads at ALL ranges.

Dont get me wrong, spotting is great and should be part of the game. But heres the thing, in the current game state, spotting isnt really a communication tool anymore, and having it as an 'active ability' people just spam it and you spend more time glancing down at your minimap looking for those orange blips than actually playing whats in front of you. It also significantly eroded the ability to pull off flanking manoeuvres.

Passive spotting was good, fire youre weapon, youre giving away your position. Range should be a factor on accuracy of that though. If youre right on top of me when I fire you should be able to see my exact position, if youre on the other side of the map though, you should only get a general location/direction.

I think active spotting should be a perk of some sort. Maybe reserved for scout and assault classes or those classes are much more effective at it than say medic and supports classes.

Its a shame the playable 'commander' never really took off, because I feel that the spotting and highlighting troops and objectives should be that persons role exclusively. The better and quicker squads respond to orders the more they are rewarded etc.

I also have no problem with being able to see your team mates as blue dots above their heads at all times either. But me personally would like to have the ability to customise this feature, say to only seeing it when ADS or the ability to set the range.

The customisation, especially of uniforms and outfits, should be faction dependant, same with characters too then. So you would have to effectively customise your character for each faction, japs, american, german etc and youre right, you wouldnt be able to make your jap soldier a red headed bearded viking looking guy. Same sould go for outfits/uniforms.

Last edited by howitzur; 17-06-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

https://youtu.be/DE048QHtJKo

New Jack frags video

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

He throws dynamite or something as he gets on as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    He throws dynamite or something as he gets on as well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    I think that was just a med pack. I think the tank was actually blown up by his squad mates. As stiff said, he might have just been trying to test that previous bug.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

The closed alpha is going on at the moment. Plenty of clips of YouTube with various different opinions

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah i watch JackFrags stream yesterday. its on Youtube. about 2 hours worth. it looks really good. not necessarily WW2 but good.

the changes to revive and ammo. seem to have slowed the pace down (thank good) Battlefield shouldn't be as quick as it was getting

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Yeah i watch JackFrags stream yesterday. its on Youtube. about 2 hours worth. it looks really good. not necessarily WW2 but good.

the changes to revive and ammo. seem to have slowed the pace down (thank good) Battlefield shouldn't be as quick as it was getting

I agree the pace seems to be a bit slower although the movement speed seems faster. I like the low ammo and minimal health Regen. It's going to mean a good squad will make all the difference.

Here is a good festive clip that lists a few of the changes in the alpha

https://youtu.be/FDd4nXApAGg

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

YouTuber Drift0r with his thoughts on BF5 after playing it at EA Play and then playing in the Closed Alpha:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll just leave this here

https://youtu.be/-FEgeuGsmzQ

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Break Down by JF

https://youtu.be/GCYgfB121_M

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Its looking pretty dam good to me

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

I'm still not feeling it. Maybe going hands on with it will change my mind.

Incidentally, I see that the Wall Street Journal is reporting "weak" pre-order figures for BF5, especially in comparison to RDR and COD (which it's sandwiched between in terms of release dates).

Also Patrick Soderlund is leaving EA. He was one of the founders of DICE and moved to EA after they were acquired by them:
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/14/c...is-leaving-ea/

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 17-08-2018 at 01:25 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Im going to reserve judgement for the beta.

It seems like they have some good ideas that could be potentially poorly implemented if done badly.

I hold out hope because whilst I have enjoyed bf4 and bf1 I definitely haven't enjoyed them as much as bf3. I felt the last two were too much spawn die repeat for my liking. They seem to be making changes in the right direction.

Hopefully grand operations will be the thing to make a big difference as I feel conquest has become a boring zerg fest.