Thread: Battlefield V

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Just wondering if the beta backfired on them. How many of you guys are NOT buying it based on playing the beta, would you have bought it if you had not played it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    It was the launch trailer that did the damage, but only because it accurately reflected the actual philosophy of the game.

The issues I have with BF5 are around game design. The actual mechanics (netcode, graphics, gunplay) are all great. Itís the schizophrenic tone that is the problem. Theyíre trying to push a cosmetic transaction model like Fortnite has had so much success with, but in a WW2 setting. Thatís not what the mainline BF games have ever been about. They did have a very specific game about cosmetic microtransactions, called Battlefield Heroes, but thereís a reason that they called this game BF5 rather than BF Heroes 2: the mainline games are way more popular, and sell to a different audience.

On top of that, theyíre trying to have their cake and eat it too: theyíre saying Ďdonít worry about all of these goofy cosmetics and anachronisms, this isnít a serious WW2 gameí while at the same time telling us we canít have M1 Garands, or Shermans, or any maps set outside of Europe because weíre only doing the British and German factions at launch, and we couldnít possibly add stuff that isnít realistic to those two factions. Theyíre keeping all of the baggage of the setting, while jettisoning all of the good stuff that could actually help with immersion basically.

WW2 is an amazing setting for a Battlefield game, itís how the series kicked off, and both BF1942 and BF1943 were amazing games. Itís a bit of a kick in the guts when those older games did a far better job of presenting a WW2 BF game than the latest and greatest iteration does. BF5 in WW2 shouldíve been a no brainer, a WW2 Battlefield game should just about make itself, but instead we have a game that doesnít really feel like a WW2 game at all, at least not to me.

I played an absolute metric fucktonne of the Beta because I wanted to be wrong about the game, and I wanted the beta to change my mind. But unfortunately it just confirmed my doubts.

At the end of the day, we as game consumers dictate what happens in the gaming industry. Buy horse armour? Welcome to paid piecemeal DLC. Donít buy Battlefront 2 because of the bullshit loot boxes? Watch pubs suddenly start back-pedalling from loot boxes. If youíre not happy with the direction of a game, the solution isnít to buy it and bitch about it, itís to not buy it ultimately. So thatís where I am with BF5 unfortunately.

Iím also not telling other people what to like, if you enjoy it then go for it! Especially at the heavily discounted prices weíre already seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Just wondering if the beta backfired on them. How many of you guys are NOT buying it based on playing the beta, would you have bought it if you had not played it.

Metacritic User Score of 2.3 says enough to know that fans are super pissed. I won't be buying it,and no I never played the beta, I never bought BF1 either, (I did play the beta and I didn't like the game). I gave up after BF4 having endless drama, although it was eventually finished and it was a great game, the damage was already done.Don't get me wrong, I loved the battlefield franchise! ...once. But greed,politics and expansion have gotten in the way of making a game that the fans actually want. I have played every other battlefield game with many hours logged, and in my mind they lost their vision letting EA acquire DICE.
    EA are so big they eat up everyone that steps out with new innovate stuff and slap their business model into the mix and fuck it all up eventually in one way or another.
    Even Respawn Entertainment ( the original Activision COD guys that actually had a clue) gave in to the EA juggernaut. I was hoping they may once again bring something amazing to the gaming world shooter genre but EA man they are just too big and infecting the whole gaming industry with shit.
    If you're not going go listen to the loyal fans and accept some interaction and compromise then burn in your own decisions EA.

Regardless of my comments I still wait in the wings in hope that Battlefield will come back to greatness and I'll be all in....Alas it is not now.....
    Last edited by Fluxburner; 01-12-2018 at 12:57 PM.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Cheers for well thought out posts, DLC rarely bothers me as I flat out refuse to buy any except maps which I normally see some value in though buying premium bf4 left a bit of a bad taste as there were simply not enough servers running alternate maps most of the time, if people want to buy face paint and shiney gun skins that doesn't bother me either.
    I guess I'm just not enough of a purist to care that much about anachronisms, so long as they aren't selling personal nukes the game play is fun and enough to keep me amused and feel like it's money well spent. There is plenty of laughs in party chat and only a few wtf! moments, game is less buggy than either 4 or 1 were at release that's for sure..
    See you on the next one I guess

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Haha this brings back memories. Nice knife streak.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield...reddit-android

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    The actual mechanics (netcode, graphics, gunplay) are all great.
    You havent played since the beta clearly! Theres something dodge with netcode for sure, graphics take ages to load in so theres floating guns and unrendered character models for the first few seconds of eqch round and loading screen and i'm really struggling to get kills (yet can die instantly) - not a problem in the beta build we played (which is actually what changed my mind to buy the game - I enjoyed it!).

The current version is clunky and needs a patch. It is, overall, a good game but I shouldve just re-installed BF4 and saved 70 bucks.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Massive patch and Tides of War tomorrow.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Massive patch and Tides of War tomorrow.

So new single player war story, new MP map (Panzerstorm), and test range. Iíll be looking for Panzerstorm footage with interest to see what a tank-centric map looks like in BF5. I still think that most BF maps should be tank-centric

Direct link to patch notes PDF:
    http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice-...2018_FINAL.pdf

Update should roll out about 21:00 AEDT tonight according to DICE.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 05-12-2018 at 03:51 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

The patch does appear to have improved stuff

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Will most likely be on Friday night if anyone is keen for a squad mate. Want to start the ToW chapter

Spud out...

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

https://youtu.be/oT6x_6YdtpY

What am I doing wrong here?

I had a few bourbans but I should have hit him once right? Is he even an enemy or was I shooting one of my guys... This will happen to me a bunch of times each round. Hopeless at this game lol

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    https://youtu.be/oT6x_6YdtpY

What am I doing wrong here?

I had a few bourbans but I should have hit him once right? Is he even an enemy or was I shooting one of my guys... This will happen to me a bunch of times each round. Hopeless at this game lol
    Either the hit reg was stuffed or he was a team mate and the name wasn't displaying. You should definitely have been landing hits.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

He was running with a bunch of enemies (they were comi g from that objective) and I get this a few times in every round... The problem is I then try to adjust my aim to compensate - like I try to lead moving targets but of course thats just missing. Difficult to fi d the spot when you dont know what to look for :/ I ended up in single player last night cos the shots actually land.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Is that the ZH-29 TP? I tried using that in the Beta but ditched it because I found the hit registration really wonky with it. I suspect I was trying to fire it too fast and if the gun hasnít been given enough time to resettle thereís deviation (even though thatís supposed to be gone in BF5).

Or maybe it was a friendly

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Itís kinda like that scene when Tom Hanks is shooting at the tiger tank

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Honestly dont know which weapon I was using, I switch around a fair bit but Ive been having hit registery problems si ce I started playing and with all weapons... Least noticable is the medic smgs