Default Battlefield V

*sigh*

They even put in skull face paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Well, while I mean it's gimmicky at least it is sorta realistic. There was a story recently of Australian military personnel wearing motorcycle skull masks. At least it's not Hello kitty style outfits and colours

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Hello Kitty is macho as hell though bruz!

I don't know about you guys, but if I saw a soldier running at me with Hello kitty slippers on, had a man bun, and a Gucci ammo bag, I'd piss off like a shot.

I don't know how far they will take the customisation, just hope that they keep each class easily distinguishable at a quick glance.

Pin ups on tanks, planes and vehicles would be good. Probably couldn't put in a livery editor like GT Sport because of the immaturity of the community but a preselected set of decals from that era would be okay with me.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Battlefield V

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Well, while I mean it's gimmicky at least it is sorta realistic.
    Battlefield V is set in World War 2 though (1939-1945).

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 11-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah I know man. Just saying it could be so much worse.

I am not keen about the face paint in games generally. I kinda wish they would have the class outfits only for BFV and full customization for Firstorm only. Satisfy both things then.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Skulls huh, are we the baddies ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Ww2 Halloween edition? Can you get a pumpkin helmet?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Skulls huh, are we the baddies ?

Well if we were fighting an enemy who marched under the banner of a rat’s anus, I’d be a lot less worried.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Random axis squad:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Not sure if war paint is the issue, or the design.
    War paint was alive and well during ww2 and is still alive today (I'm talking skull face paint, zombie face paint)

I've seen a few designs from pictures during WW2 and I'm sure there were many more out there. Either way, I'm keen as hell to get painted up and be a nightmare to people!

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    Not sure if war paint is the issue, or the design.
    War paint was alive and well during ww2 and is still alive today (I'm talking skull face paint, zombie face paint)

I've seen a few designs from pictures during WW2 and I'm sure there were many more out there. Either way, I'm keen as hell to get painted up and be a nightmare to people!
    Do you have any pics of skull face paint from WW2? I didn’t think the Brits ever did anything like that.

The only facepaint in WW2 that I’ve ever seen was the American ‘filthy thirteen,’ who shaved Mohawks onto their heads and wore Native American style warpaint for their D-Day drop. They were a bunch of infamous renegades though, and that moment became very famous:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Doesnt sound very British to me!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Doesnt sound very British to me!
    I’m picturing a man with skull facepaint sipping tea

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default Battlefield V

Don’t worry Paul. Leaked image of the “Battle Monarchs” DLC.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

British Commandos wore limited face paint in their night time terrorism style attacks in France/Norway (Hitler's Arctic Wall) before we attacked in '42.

They also used canoes to cross the channel, maybe we get them too. Churchill's funnies on D day DLC?
    This game would give you ITs red balloon to purchase once they find a way to tell you it was there during the war.

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    British Commandos wore limited face paint in their night time terrorism style attacks in France/Norway (Hitler's Arctic Wall) before we attacked in '42.

They also used canoes to cross the channel, maybe we get them too. Churchill's funnies on D day DLC?
    This game would give you ITs red balloon to purchase once they find a way to tell you it was there during the war.
    Yeah my bad, when I said facepaint I meant stuff other than camo: things like skulls or warpaint.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

At no point in History has a British soldier applied 'face paint'.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

They did use camoflauge cream. Not hard to imagine someone might have fucked around it and made a skull.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a-...-57061799.html

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

They did use camoflauge cream. Not hard to imagine someone might have fucked around it and made a skull.

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-a-...-57061799.html

Ova was right on the money with the red balloon comment

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default Battlefield V

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Ova was right on the money with the red balloon comment

I think the red balloon thing was German though. I think there were 99 reported sightings or something.

Apparently they cut down the allies with blistering bass lines and torched the earth with synthesised keyboard solos.
    Last edited by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY; 15-10-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Hahaha. I love that song

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Single player trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Perhaps it is just nostalgia but I really miss the feel of the PS1 Medal of Honour single-player campaigns, felt like an epic adventure, especially after watch Band of Brothers. Of course if I were to go back and play them now it would probably just be a series of levels interspersed with cut scenes like this might be.

Thinking about it though, I can't really remember the last time I really got engrossed in a war FPS story, I know the original Bad Company was fun, Brothers in Arms had some good moments, of course COD4 had some great sequences.

I suppose it is hard t make an engrossing narrative that is still fun to play and has the right amount of action and calm.

I wouldn't mind a more open map style mission where you have a set of objectives and you are free to approach them as you wish, have vehicles that can be stolen from bases, alarms at one base will send another into lock down and reinforcements arrive with air support, would be cool to have that open approach of the mutliplayer with the objective based single player imo.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Perhaps it is just nostalgia but I really miss the feel of the PS1 Medal of Honour single-player campaigns, felt like an epic adventure, especially after watch Band of Brothers. Of course if I were to go back and play them now it would probably just be a series of levels interspersed with cut scenes like this might be.

Thinking about it though, I can't really remember the last time I really got engrossed in a war FPS story, I know the original Bad Company was fun, Brothers in Arms had some good moments, of course COD4 had some great sequences.

I suppose it is hard t make an engrossing narrative that is still fun to play and has the right amount of action and calm.

I wouldn't mind a more open map style mission where you have a set of objectives and you are free to approach them as you wish, have vehicles that can be stolen from bases, alarms at one base will send another into lock down and reinforcements arrive with air support, would be cool to have that open approach of the mutliplayer with the objective based single player imo.
    It was third person but Spec Ops: The Line was an exceptional story driven shooter that was underrated and missed by most on ps3. It would be great if they re-released it but I doubt it considering how it sold.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

the first revamped medal of honour on PS3 with the remastered third game in the series, medal of honour Allied Assault from the PS1 generation. I was playing it last month and honestly it was still a fun game. The symphony soundtrack was really good and brought back memories.

The major difference that really stood out to me, was the amount of enemies. Back when the game was released, it felt like heaps of them, but in reality there were probably 30-40. In the very first game, there were an average of 30 enemies per level from memory. In modern war games, you face 30 in the first 5 minutes.

A really great SP & MP WW2 game that, in my opinion, has not been beaten is COD3. A really good SP campaign but the MP was awesome. Very Open maps as far as COD goes, wide range of map styles, vehicles, the only perk was if you got 10 kills without dying you could drop artillery, but it wasn’t overpowered, and no shitty upgrade tiers. I spent huge amounts of time on that game.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    It was third person but Spec Ops: The Line was an exceptional story driven shooter that was underrated and missed by most on ps3. It would be great if they re-released it but I doubt it considering how it sold.

Yeah I played that and enjoyed it, really made you think abut the actions you were performing in the game, one of the few times I felt myself conflicting about killing while playing a game.

I wonder if any of the writers are in the position to join other studious such as DICE, probably not what the bigger devs want in their style of games though I guess.

That game was the definition of underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    the first revamped medal of honour on PS3 with the remastered third game in the series, medal of honour Allied Assault from the PS1 generation. I was playing it last month and honestly it was still a fun game. The symphony soundtrack was really good and brought back memories.

The major difference that really stood out to me, was the amount of enemies. Back when the game was released, it felt like heaps of them, but in reality there were probably 30-40. In the very first game, there were an average of 30 enemies per level from memory. In modern war games, you face 30 in the first 5 minutes.

A really great SP & MP WW2 game that, in my opinion, has not been beaten is COD3. A really good SP campaign but the MP was awesome. Very Open maps as far as COD goes, wide range of map styles, vehicles, the only perk was if you got 10 kills without dying you could drop artillery, but it wasn’t overpowered, and no shitty upgrade tiers. I spent huge amounts of time on that game.
    I like your point about enemy count, sometimes less is more. Many of the big games throw insane amount of action at you at once without subtlety and a lot of nuance can be lost in the craziness. It is hard to feel sympathy for an enemy soldier, or feel endangered when you have blown off the heads of a 1000 in the last ten minutes.

Hard to get the balance right, too little action and most gamers will probably call it boring ha.

I wonder if the PS1 classic release will have any of the old FPS titles.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Hard to get the balance right, too little action and most gamers will probably call it boring ha.
    I don't know, if a game is designed intelligently, a smaller enemy count wouldn't bother me, but there isn't much thought going into SP FPS campaigns for AAA FPS shooters anymore. COD has dispensed entirely with a SP campaign, and BF has been reduced to unconnected "campaigns" horribly unrealistic filled with cliche one liners.

Even third person AAA console games have been mostly designed around Batman fighting style of group attacks with "press O for counter attack".

I think it was Jim Sterling that highlighted the lack of middle tier games that aren't Assassin's Creed, COD or BF. Outside of EA, Activison and Ubisoft, you are hard pressed to find a decent catalogue. Rockstar, Bethesda and Sony release good games, but quite a decent time in between titles. Not a bad thing, because they are spending time developing, but there is very little in between these releases by middle tier developers that release games with a difference.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post

Yeah it was a new and interesting approach. I didn't like the gameplay all that much, but the concept was cool. The phospherous rounds scene has certainly stayed with me.

Haze had a similar sort of concept, just not told quite as deftly from what I hear (I never played Haze).

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    I don't know, if a game is designed intelligently, a smaller enemy count wouldn't bother me, but there isn't much thought going into SP FPS campaigns for AAA FPS shooters anymore. COD has dispensed entirely with a SP campaign, and BF has been reduced to unconnected "campaigns" horribly unrealistic filled with cliche one liners.

Even third person AAA console games have been mostly designed around Batman fighting style of group attacks with "press O for counter attack".

I think it was Jim Sterling that highlighted the lack of middle tier games that aren't Assassin's Creed, COD or BF. Outside of EA, Activison and Ubisoft, you are hard pressed to find a decent catalogue. Rockstar, Bethesda and Sony release good games, but quite a decent time in between titles. Not a bad thing, because they are spending time developing, but there is very little in between these releases by middle tier developers that release games with a difference.
    My copies of both are still in the shrinkwrap, but I'm told that Titanfall 2 has a great campaign, and that Doom was pretty good too.

I thought Dishonored 2 had a great SP campaign; not quite an FPS, but pretty close.
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 17-10-2018 at 07:50 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Did anyone else play the original 'Thief'.
    Talk about low kill count, hours of gameplay for maybe 4 bad guys. I loved that game but damn it was hard.

The italian part of BF1 where he was searching for his brothers body had some feels. Crazy kill count of course ..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Did anyone else play the original 'Thief'.
    Talk about low kill count, hours of gameplay for maybe 4 bad guys. I loved that game but damn it was hard.
    So good! Apart from the silly zombie level they put in because they weren’t sure how people would respond to a stealth game (a new concept at the time). One of the best examples of new tech (dynamic lights) being turned into new gameplay experiences. The dark gothic tone was very cool at the time too. When the bad guy took something important that belonged to you, that was very shocking by the standards of the day.

--> CLICK HERE <--