Thread: PS4 | Anthem

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Feels nice, world just got massive... sense of vertigo with the first jump.

Screens are good like howi said, will continue to play

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nostalgie82
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah Iím grabbing it tomorrow as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) grimjack27's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    grimjack27
    XBLA
    grimjack27

It has it's moments, certainly the story is starting to come together far better than Destiny.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

So much dialogue in the fort but

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    On the bias of being able to finish the story in 10 hours

Just finished the main story tonight after about 30 hours of playing - still have a bunch of sidequests to go to. Whoever came up with this figure must have just rushed through and done nothing but the critical path and not stopped to talk to any of the other npc's in game.

Again, if youre going to play the game that way then bag out a lack of story or content without even attempting to dig a little deeper and see whats actually there, then thats on you.

The story and even the side quests from the 3 main factions have all been quite intriguing and kept me interested thus far. Every expedition I return from there are also npc's to talk to for the first time or to continue a dialogue Ive already started with them. Its been claimed the conversation with said npc's are meaningless but again, spoken out of turn by someone clearly not paying attention. Each conversation will actually reward reputation with one of the 3 factions and your responses will determine how much. Nothing spectacular one might think until you actually look into what rewards you get from faction rep.

This isnt to say that there arent a few issues with the game, but honestly, most of my gripes are qol things like no ability to set a waypoint on the map to help navigate to a zone (in freeplay - you get waypoints in missions) because the map is huge. Inventory management needs a tweek to make it easier to sift through all your loot to keep/discard. Running in fort tarsis is still to slow to but its better than what it was.

Overall im still happy with it, devs are engaging with players and addressing issues. The roadmap looks full on for the next few months. I just hope the damage caused by the youtube community doesnt bring it to a grinding hault before it hits its full potential.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

What you said lol... I haven't had much game time atm but hoping to get some smashed out this weekend.

But all the reviews I've read are wrong and find the game rather rewarding playing on hard.

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Just finished the main story tonight after about 30 hours of playing - still have a bunch of sidequests to go to. Whoever came up with this figure must have just rushed through and done nothing but the critical path and not stopped to talk to any of the other npc's in game.

Again, if youre going to play the game that way then bag out a lack of story or content without even attempting to dig a little deeper and see whats actually there, then thats on you.

The story and even the side quests from the 3 main factions have all been quite intriguing and kept me interested thus far. Every expedition I return from there are also npc's to talk to for the first time or to continue a dialogue Ive already started with them. Its been claimed the conversation with said npc's are meaningless but again, spoken out of turn by someone clearly not paying attention. Each conversation will actually reward reputation with one of the 3 factions and your responses will determine how much. Nothing spectacular one might think until you actually look into what rewards you get from faction rep.

This isnt to say that there arent a few issues with the game, but honestly, most of my gripes are qol things like no ability to set a waypoint on the map to help navigate to a zone (in freeplay - you get waypoints in missions) because the map is huge. Inventory management needs a tweek to make it easier to sift through all your loot to keep/discard. Running in fort tarsis is still to slow to but its better than what it was.

Overall im still happy with it, devs are engaging with players and addressing issues. The roadmap looks full on for the next few months. I just hope the damage caused by the youtube community doesnt bring it to a grinding hault before it hits its full potential.

Dunno Howie, I'm about 5 hrs in and in between load screens I'm fighting off the yawns. Missions are samey. The gun play is ok but there's some stuff that just feels off melee for instance just feels floaty and unsatisfying and you're never sure if you're going to hit, same as combos they don't seem to trigger half the time.

I've just levelled enough to open a new javelin will switch to storm hopefully that will be better definitely enjoyed playing it in the beta.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

What sort of combos are you trying to do?

Are using a primer and detonator skill?

Sometimes it's good to just use a primer and let others do the combo damage, in the beta I ran a full ice storm with howie's Bobby and it was just wrecking the world. Made that stronghold almost feel underwhelming.

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Dunno Howie, I'm about 5 hrs in and in between load screens I'm fighting off the yawns. Missions are samey. The gun play is ok but there's some stuff that just feels off melee for instance just feels floaty and unsatisfying and you're never sure if you're going to hit, same as combos they don't seem to trigger half the time.

I've just levelled enough to open a new javelin will switch to storm hopefully that will be better definitely enjoyed playing it in the beta.

I dunno mate, if you ask me the missions in the whole looter shooter genre is samey. Go here, collect this, or go there kill these bad guys, go there and defend that location. Tell me destiny or the division is any different?

However the actual dialogue/story you have with the npc's back in fort tarsis is way more involved than either of those game mentioned imo. Maybe because Im playing a character that actually has a voice now?

As for loading screens, as Ive mentioned earlier mine aren't that bad. Everyone is losing their mind over it. Heres some food for thought, how long do you spend staring at your ship flying into a location in destiny - guess what that is? A loading screen. If i timed destiny or the division loading screens and compared to anthem i bet theyd be pretty much on par.

But because destiny or the division dont have a stationary image, everyone seems to have forgotten that they actually have loading screens too...thats my take on it.

Regarding how many loading screens there are, the only thing id like to have is in freeplay the ability to land on a strider and go to the forge to refit a different loadout without having to end freeplay and thus go back to tarsis through a loading screen and back again.

As for combos, it could be a number of things. They dont really explain it to the players.

You need to have the right ability equipped, as effex said, primer and detonator.

Shielded enemies you cant prime until the shield is down.

If your to strong for the difficulty you are playing on, you will find your primer will kill the enemy before you can then detonate. Trust me, there is plenty of opportunities to get combos off on hard or higher.

What class have you been playing? Storm and colossus are the better classes for self comboing imo. Ranger and interceptor are usually the better classes for being a primer or detonator. The colossus is probably the ultimate for combos as landing 1 combo will aoe the combo to nearby mobs as part of its class ability.

Ive found the melee targetting quite good. Ive pretty much been colossus all the way so far and being the most slow and cumbersome of them all I dont miss the enemy im aiming for. Melee does seem to have pretty strong autoaim and on the more nimble classes might be why it feels floaty maybe? Do you actually miss often even though you think youre going to?

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Regarding the loading screen fiasco (b/s), I doubt it wouldve got a mention if it wasnt for that demo mission where you had to fly into a cave, walk about 50 metres then fly out again with loading times for both. To be fair, I found the loading times pretty snappy - certainly faster than Destiny. I haven't played the full game yet but get the impression its just a thing to hate on cos haters...

450 days of Warframe and I still have stuff I want to do. If I get bored of it Ill probably try Anthem.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I have to reinstall everything, got a ps4 pro now with a 2tb sshd.

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I have to reinstall everything, got a ps4 pro now with a 2tb sshd.

You can backup and restore, but it takes so fucking long I didnít even bother for the games themselves. It really was easier to just redownload the games.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Disclaimer. I have only played the Demo, 10+ hours, I believe that i have an issue with EA services as loading online EA games is abnormalIy long in pretty much every game from them. I loved the games visuals, flying and combos, I am sure I would be enjoying the game as well if I had bought it, but I think it needs maturity and time to be a complete game.

In regard to the above conversation about loading, I have played a lot of Divison1/2, Warframe and Destiny2. For me, Anthem loading screens were horrendous in the Demo. If they are now half the time it took that would still be worse the Division or Division2's loading screens in a normal gaming session. Destiny was also pretty bad but hidden behind menu based loading screens, so it felt better. Warframe has a lot of short screens depending on how fast you blow through missions.

The mission TP mentioned was terrible for loading going back and forth in the cave, this was worse for me as patching indicator stuffed up and took me out and back in again. Otherwise once in a loaded zone is was smooth.

My biggest issue is how loading screens interrupt the flow of the whole loot cycle, Skillup and MacroStyle described this well. When i tested it in the demo, I experienced up to 10 mins of loading screens just doing a mission and checking and applying new loot, being ready to go again. I expect this has a lot to do with how they have chosen to load and unload textures, probably match making sync issues or maybe my connection issues.

Anthem is a new IP, it is developing and has some really nice well thought out things in it. I think it will do well over it's life. I rate it the same as Division1 when it first came out. Which is to say, amazing concept, fun to play, but missing some big quality of life.

I also think that the You Tubers pushing 2 x 14 hour sessions on launch are killing all games, it ridiculous how much hate gets thrown around about everything now. Normal gamers just won't experience half the issues that they do as content drops will keep normals engaged with fresh drops in a reasonable amount of time.

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Regarding the loading screen fiasco (b/s), I doubt it wouldve got a mention if it wasnt for that demo mission where you had to fly into a cave, walk about 50 metres then fly out again with loading times for both. To be fair, I found the loading times pretty snappy - certainly faster than Destiny. I haven't played the full game yet but get the impression its just a thing to hate on cos haters...

450 days of Warframe and I still have stuff I want to do. If I get bored of it Ill probably try Anthem.
    Yep, I think they are faster than Destiny also. The youtuber hate is unreal to the point that ive all but unsubbed from most of them. All I can say, is I think pretty good so far, Im having fun and alot of the stuff getting round on youtube is feeling like vindictive crap from the blacklisted ea haters.

Last edited by howitzur; 27-02-2019 at 04:59 PM.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    I dunno mate, if you ask me the missions in the whole looter shooter genre is samey. Go here, collect this, or go there kill these bad guys, go there and defend that location. Tell me destiny or the division is any different?

However the actual dialogue/story you have with the npc's back in fort tarsis is way more involved than either of those game mentioned imo. Maybe because Im playing a character that actually has a voice now?

As for loading screens, as Ive mentioned earlier mine aren't that bad. Everyone is losing their mind over it. Heres some food for thought, how long do you spend staring at your ship flying into a location in destiny - guess what that is? A loading screen. If i timed destiny or the division loading screens and compared to anthem i bet theyd be pretty much on par.

But because destiny or the division dont have a stationary image, everyone seems to have forgotten that they actually have loading screens too...thats my take on it.

Regarding how many loading screens there are, the only thing id like to have is in freeplay the ability to land on a strider and go to the forge to refit a different loadout without having to end freeplay and thus go back to tarsis through a loading screen and back again.

As for combos, it could be a number of things. They dont really explain it to the players.

You need to have the right ability equipped, as effex said, primer and detonator.

Shielded enemies you cant prime until the shield is down.

If your to strong for the difficulty you are playing on, you will find your primer will kill the enemy before you can then detonate. Trust me, there is plenty of opportunities to get combos off on hard or higher.

What class have you been playing? Storm and colossus are the better classes for self comboing imo. Ranger and interceptor are usually the better classes for being a primer or detonator. The colossus is probably the ultimate for combos as landing 1 combo will aoe the combo to nearby mobs as part of its class ability.

Ive found the melee targetting quite good. Ive pretty much been colossus all the way so far and being the most slow and cumbersome of them all I dont miss the enemy im aiming for. Melee does seem to have pretty strong autoaim and on the more nimble classes might be why it feels floaty maybe? Do you actually miss often even though you think youre going to?

Yeah I'm going to try Storm and see how it rolls. I've got it on a 10 hr free trial so nothing to lose by finishing that.

I think the reason people have lost it re loading times is that they're not just a load in / load out like Destiny, it's loading screens to different parts e.g. load into javelin mission select screen, then load into forge for Loadout, load back out of that, then load the mission. And the major thing Destiny does right is that you can adjust your load out, inventory etc. while loading into the mission (and during the mission!) which is a major difference.

I know how the combos work the issue I'm having is that they only seem to proc half the time.

Funnily enough I really enjoyed the beta but find I'm struggling to get into it.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Hey Anthem'ers, came across this while redditing.

Until next patch the LVL1 Defender rifle is the best weapon in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGa...m_source=share

Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    Hey Anthem'ers, came across this while redditing.

Until next patch the LVL1 Defender rifle is the best weapon in the game.

My master worked endless siege disagrees

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Got the last stand the other night too

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Time to slaughter the trash mobs by the millions.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah I told you this remember... you do the first chest then open the gateway to the first lot of skorpians on tyrant hive and I was always guaranteed a masterwork lol

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

4gb update

https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/anthem/news/patch-103

Last edited by Sir_eFFex; 10-03-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nostalgie82
    XBLA
    N/A

Really want to like this game but the whole tomb mission is bolox, worst part is every time I start and get into the open world and start doing a task - I get a game crash.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I dont find it too bad now the errors seem less occurring.

Needs more stat definition and clarity of how much you have stacked on your javelin.

Freeroam is a drag seems though most of the encounters are protecting arcanists at the dead korox.

Drop rates and luck seem to do nothing either atm.

On a plus side I now have the endless siege and a legendary Ralners Blaze which is sensational lol

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I dont find it too bad now the errors seem less occurring.

Needs more stat definition and clarity of how much you have stacked on your javelin.

Freeroam is a drag seems though most of the encounters are protecting arcanists at the dead korox.

Drop rates and luck seem to do nothing either atm.

On a plus side I now have the endless siege and a legendary Ralners Blaze which is sensational lol

Ive found a pretty good grind in tyrant mine. There are 2 mini bosses that you need to kill plus all the trash scorps in between. Did 6 runs the other day and had 2 legends drop plus mw from 10/12 chests i opened.

I think the game is improving but I think itll be a few months of patches until they get it to where the players want it to be.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I've just been doing GM3 free play with Bobby, and have to say damn that rangers super is powerful.

Been getting round 5-6 masterworks each time with no luck on legendaries. But still grinding away for inscriptions and ember to craft them.... and working on my champion of tarsis challanges. Lol

I think I need to re run the story, seems I've missed some quests from people. Dunno how or it just didnt register with the challanges. Lucky you dont lose anything but story if you do choose to run it again lol

Needs more content. Got most weapons. Needs more

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) grimjack27's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    grimjack27
    XBLA
    grimjack27

Got to the stage of GM1'ing Tyrant Mine a few times, scored a great legendary pistol.

Div 2 is calling though , so might let this patch for a month or so and come back.