Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: PS4 | Anthem

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default PS4 | Anthem

It just seems crazy to me that something like tech issues with stable connection or servers is just plain BS in 2019. We have had numerous games for a decade now on console, that a stable connection/NetCode and or servers should be a given thing now. Like how can a fuck up with a basic fundamental of modern console games be classed as anything but unacceptable?

It would be like Mitsubishi releasing a car that for the first few weeks has a little intermittent steering. ďWe apologise for the issues, but we werenít expecting how popular steering would be at launchĒ. Once again it has to be asked. WTF does the QA department at these developers even do?

Bring on another 1983 video game crash I say lol.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    It would be like Mitsubishi releasing a car that for the first few weeks has a little intermittent steering. ďWe apologise for the issues, but we werenít expecting how popular steering would be at launchĒ.
    lol, thatís actually a pretty good analogy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

The car has also been designed with motorbikes in mind according to PC reviews.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    My biggest concern is how it all ties together. Things like the forge. Why does this take like 30 seconds to load? Why no launch from mission select? Why loading screens when entering tunnels in an open world?. I feel they have focused to much on visuals and environmental feel. They needed to pull it back a bit and reduce loading screens.
    I hated that loading screen when on a mission! got inside listen to them talk and straight back out again really felt pointless for that part.

Dont remember seeing a full on load screen for these kinda big games in ages, really felt like a backwards step to me. Keep in mind i dont really play that many games anymore XD

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Heres a short comparison of the reveal trailer vs current in game footage:

https://youtu.be/ZfrUplVxAX0

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Heres a short comparison of the reveal trailer vs current in game footage:

https://youtu.be/ZfrUplVxAX0
    Thatís pretty bloody close in my opinion.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

It would want to be close, itís gameplay footage haha

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

It would want to be close, itís gameplay footage haha
    If a game is still 18 months away from release, then it isnít really gameplay footage. Maybe itís a vertical slice, or maybe an in-engine target render, but itís still just going to be an approximation of what they want the finished game to actually look like. Thereís no guarantee theyíll actually get there... just ask Ubisoft

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

It also depends on how much they needed to throttle the performance requirements. Maybe that was realistic in their tiny space test build. But not in full world with everything else

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    If a game is still 18 months away from release, then it isnít really gameplay footage. Maybe itís a vertical slice, or maybe an in-engine target render, but itís still just going to be an approximation of what they want the finished game to actually look like. Thereís no guarantee theyíll actually get there... just ask Ubisoft

Or Gearbox lol. But yeah I see what you meant now.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Post-launch content plans:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

At least they have a plan lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Honestly, I think there has been way too much hate directed at Anthem over the demo. Doubt Ill bother watching another Angry Joe video ever again.

The only reason I wanted to take part in the demo was to get a feel for how it played. Controls, weapons and abilites all felt crisp for a 3rd person shooter.

There are some qol things that bugged me but most have been addressed.

Weapon damage is still bit of a concern, if I have weapons I would like them to be relevant in a game that is classed as a 'looter shooter'. Hopefully thats just an out of balance thing exclusive to the demo due to a lack of weapon mods etc.

My biggest concern is how it all ties together. Things like the forge. Why does this take like 30 seconds to load? Why no launch from mission select? Why loading screens when entering tunnels in an open world?. I feel they have focused to much on visuals and environmental feel. They needed to pull it back a bit and reduce loading screens.
    What ps4 are you running? My forge loading screens were about 5-10 seconds max. Loading screens into tunnels maybe 15 seconds max? Again though, it was a demo based off a build that is 6 months old. As for launching from the actual mission select, i think youre just nitpicking now and now that I think about it, that might be why you launched halfway into others missions. I think that was the quicklaunch option, which will put you into an already underway mission.

It just seems crazy to me that something like tech issues with stable connection or servers is just plain BS in 2019. We have had numerous games for a decade now on console, that a stable connection/NetCode and or servers should be a given thing now. Like how can a fuck up with a basic fundamental of modern console games be classed as anything but unacceptable?
    It shouldnt happen, yet it still does, constantly. Anthem isnt the only one guilty of it...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Hey Howi, Not sure about version , but pretty close to first GEN Ps4

Loading is a constant annoyance for me as it seems super slow on some games. BF series for instance.

I liked a lot about the game and honestly feel it is a solid game. They have a really interesting formula and some great ideas. All the hate is a bit much.

Spud out...

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I have seen as much support as hate... Youtube 'content creators' peddle any shit that gets them views these days. The demo was a great way to get a feel for the game and along with the Division 2 beta has answered a few questions I had. imo Anthem is going to be a solid game but not for a while after launch - which is fine.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post

It shouldnt happen, yet it still does, constantly. Anthem isnt the only one guilty of it...
    Oh yeah, definitely not the only guilty ones, but it still doesnít make it acceptable in my opinion.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nostalgie82
    XBLA
    N/A

Hey Howi, Not sure about version , but pretty close to first GEN Ps4

Loading is a constant annoyance for me as it seems super slow on some games. BF series for instance.

I liked a lot about the game and honestly feel it is a solid game. They have a really interesting formula and some great ideas. All the hate is a bit much.

I was running a ps4 pro and the load screens for launching into the world were quite slow. The in between load screens were 20 - 40 seconds I think.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Interesting, i was on a pro with sshd, initial loads were longish but I never really paid much attention. But my smaller loads between open world to dungeon and into the forge screen were quite quick.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Interesting, i was on a pro with sshd, initial loads were longish but I never really paid much attention. But my smaller loads between open world to dungeon and into the forge screen were quite quick.

Iím on a Pro with SSD and wasnít bothered by the initial loading times, but the open world loading when you transition into the tunnels was incredibly jarring. Iím amazed they werenít able to stream those in.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Angelus-512's Avatar
    Clan
    NA
    PSN
    Angelus-512
    XBLA
    N/A

I think they need to fix the load screens. I’m sure they will figure out the rest with more content etc but the load screens constantly need urgent addressing.
    Compared to Division 2 the difference is stark.

Unfortunately for me I think I’m looking for something more futuristic some Anthem is getting my attention. But the load screens have to go and they need solid content. Also can anybody confirm for me if there is like a linear storyline or bunch of objectives to play? Or whether you mostly play Anthem the missions. Strongholds etc and you learn the storyline and or lore over a long period of time aka months.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Huge day 1 patch... info from Mtashed

https://youtu.be/vr6wrwduNP8

Spud out...

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

From the early access reviews Ive seen, judging by the amount of reported bugs and limited content, Im gonna wait a few months and see if the price drops.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

This ones going to be a hard no from me now.
    Initially I was going to buy it after playing the beta but after reading some reviews it doesnít sound to promising on longevity front.

Games looks great though and I did enjoy the game play but jsut cant justify spending the money on it.

Last edited by K_W_R_G; Yesterday at 12:45 PM.

Dude ... where's my M16? TriggerR32's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Tr1gg3rr32
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    This ones going to a hard no from me now.
    Initially I was going to buy it after playing the beta but after reading some reviews it doesnít sound to promising on longevity front.

I totally agree... I was really hoping they got this one right, it looked like such a cool game. But, after multiple very bad reviews like this one, I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077 instead
    https://youtu.be/fhe76p6Tiro

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll still get it.

Can't base the entire outcome of a game, with only a minor go at it. End game could be amazing, has to be better then destiny right?

Same challanges week after week but still grinded them. Crucible, nightfall, strikes... stuff all content but people still played.

Want some candy

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerR32 View Post
    I totally agree... I was really hoping they got this one right, it looked like such a cool game. But, after multiple very bad reviews like this one, I'll wait for Cyberpunk 2077 instead
    https://youtu.be/fhe76p6Tiro
    Cyberpunk looks awesome but it doesnt have a release date yet... could be 2020 before we get it - Anthem might be finished by then lol

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I'll still get it.

Can't base the entire outcome of a game, with only a minor go at it. End game could be amazing, has to be better then destiny right?

Same challanges week after week but still grinded them. Crucible, nightfall, strikes... stuff all content but people still played.

On the bias of being able to finish the story in 10 hours thatís being reasonable the end game would have to be god tier for it to be worth it.

From everyone Iíve seen glitching chests and spawns etc just to get loot isnít my kind of end game.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Got it today. About 2 hours into the campaign. All im gonna say is i wouldnt take much of the bullshit getting around as gospel, I think a lot of the crying is because its EA's new IP.

Also, it looks and feels 1000 times better than the demo.

Storywise, its ok so far, but its no mass effect. However imo, it does seem to have more backbone to than destiny so far.

I also dont really know why there are so many tears on the loading screens. My day 1 patch is still downloading in the background. So far my load times have been as follows:

Into forge: 3 seconds
    Backing out of forge: 3-4 seconds
    Mission launch into the open world: 12-15 seconds
    Open world into a dungeon: 3-6 seconds.

Thats with a ps4 pro and a 2tb hybrid shdd.

Cant comment on end game yet as im not there. But all future dlc is free and from my take on how they are releasing content, it seems to be on a monthly schedule and a bit of a drip feed so to speak.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    On the bias of being able to finish the story in 10 hours thatís being reasonable the end game would have to be god tier for it to be worth it.

From everyone Iíve seen glitching chests and spawns etc just to get loot isnít my kind of end game.

Pretty sure they patched the chests today and thats really your choice if you want to play that way. If youre going to shortcut the end game like that then that kinda removes your right to whinge about 'lack of content' imo.

How long did it take you to get through destiny content? Same same but different? Oh except bioware wont charge me near full price for a mediocre dlc...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I'll still get it.

Except destiny you have to do it x3. Its like a full time fucking job. If i finish content in anthem, I can take a break and play something else until they bring out the new FREE content