AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    Can play til some wee hour of Monday morning. Hoping to get my bobby before then()

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    My game is glitched so im stuck with the ranger only. Not sure if ill get it this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by nostalgie View Post
    Been a while all, but was hoping Anthem might get me back on the ps4.

I agree with the comments around the load bug, its well documented and Howi is right, appears to be on their end. Effex is right enemies do tend to clump together in groups a little more roaming might be nice but yeah they can punish you if your not careful.

Been playing with some randoms and its very cool with others, especially when you throw flying in and are are able to flank dominion enemies. Havent unlocked the other javelin yet, but will be keen to see the movement speed difference between them.

I need to delve into the customisation and upgrades not something i have done as of yet.

I'll keep an eye out for you all online would be keen to get the stronghold done before the demo ends.

People still keen on picking this up? I'm not seeing any deal breakers when i compare it to the destiny 1 beta for example.

Oh and if anyone else wants a code let me know
    Bit of a visual representation for the abilities and what ties in well together nosti. One thing I have noticed is its really going to be a coop game and people are going to have to build javelins to compliment their team. I think 'randos' are going to struggle pushing the end game as you will need to get those combos off to get through the missions.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Free play is just a bag full of rubber bands lol

Edit: doing tyrant hive, ejects me from the game for reasons it felt like it

Edit 2.0: Blue screen on the hive boss, rejoined and cant enter boss area.

Last edited by Sir_eFFex; 27-01-2019 at 12:03 AM.
    Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Yeah i gave up on free play. Jittering everywhere.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

I still have 2 VIP demo keys if interested

Thanks mate, I grabbed the other one. Should be able to give it a bash on late Sunday night/Monday morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll come along for the story xp

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Edit 2: yeah that happened to me a few times too. All loot you collected along the way is still available to you though, just load up the mission again and leave via holding square at the map screen. Itll take you to the end of mission screen and then the loot screen

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Well.fuck could have known that yesterday lol.

Oh well got my bobby lol

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Well.fuck could have known that yesterday lol.

Oh well got my bobby lol

Same just had my first game with him.

Last edited by howitzur; 27-01-2019 at 01:12 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Hard to start with, big damage but wouldnt mind having a go of that storm. Massive damage and so quick

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Hard to start with, big damage but wouldnt mind having a go of that storm. Massive damage and so quick

Shock coil + Flamethrower. Thank me later.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nostalgie82
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Bit of a visual representation for the abilities and what ties in well together nosti. One thing I have noticed is its really going to be a coop game and people are going to have to build javelins to compliment their team. I think 'randos' are going to struggle pushing the end game as you will need to get those combos off to get through the missions.

Strangely that is really appealing mate, has more meaning when playing in a group.

Hopefully that also ties into strongholds and designing javelins based on the challenge they represent - bit like WoW

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Decided to unlock storm before big daddy. Had to jump off before I get to use it lol. When does the VIP beta end.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Some time early morning, I like storm after watching it kill things

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Just finished the stronghold... awesome

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

I got to do some freeplay yesterday. Map is huuuuuge. I captured some footage of Big Boy Bobby fucking shit up and exploring. Will upload tonight.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Ive just unlocked all javelins lol

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Heres a decent look at /review of the Anthem demo. Im looking forward to having a go next weekend, some of you gents can carry me through having had an early look

https://youtu.be/sbIDT88nuVU

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

So I am on 30 + failures to load missions. Have only managed to load in twice all weekend. Even tried crashing the game and reloading doesn't seem to help

Those 2 missions felt good once I was in though. BioWare just unlocked all Javelins for everyone

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Hasn't been much of a prob for me. Had good games last night and it's still going

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post
    So I am on 30 + failures to load missions. Have only managed to load in twice all weekend. Even tried crashing the game and reloading doesn't seem to help

Those 2 missions felt good once I was in though. BioWare just unlocked all Javelins for everyone

When you closed application and reopened were you given a prompt to join an expedition already in progress on the title screen?

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Yeah, but that typically does the same thing. Stops about 5 to 10% from the end.

I did manage to get in another mission this mornong. Private game. Crashed out twice before it loaded.

Played as Storm. Oh man that is fun pricing combos and his Ultimate.

EDIT. Not complaining to much as the game is a lot of fun once in.

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nostalgie82
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by SpudRotor View Post

Iíve had moments of complete failure and walked away, other times it has been fine. Iíll just assume itís an old build and server growing pains.

I tried the interceptor as my second javelin and it has fantastic mobility, but goddamn is it squishy. Maybe a little too squishy considering it is a heavily melee javelin. Love the automatic sniper though, definitely will sit in my load out on the interceptor.

The strongholds are posing a reasonable challenge which is nice but agree with Howi - not at this stage a pug option as otherwise you get too unbalanced a group.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

So with the VIP Demo over I thought Iíd share some of my thoughts.

I had a chance to play through all of the missions, stronghold, and did some free play with Effex (with a cameo by syphon). I used the Ranger and Interceptor javelins, and got to see plenty of Effexís Colossus, but didnít see the Storm in action.

Connection-wise it seems like I was very lucky: most of the time playing with Effex was very smooth. However, I did try playing with randoms and had a lot of connection problems then, so it might have been laggy foreign players who were the culprit. In the end I did have to quit and reload the game probably eight or nine times in two days, so yeah, the game is definitely buggy as hell.

THE GOOD

* The graphics are fantastic. Not RDR2 level, but still very good, and the open world looks fantastic.

* The gunplay (and combat) is great. Very reminiscent of Destiny in that respect, but with lots more cool toys thrown into the mix, which was a nice surprise because I hated combat in the Mass Effect games (also by BioWare) with a passion.

* The controls were great. Again, quite reminiscent of Destiny.

* Traversal is fantastic, I had fun just flying and jumping around in the world (esp. the Interceptor triple jump). The transition from air to water is particularly brilliant and seamless.

* The story seems good, at least in terms of what is presented in the demo. There are proper characters and everything

* The javelins I tried and saw did feel very different and played quite differently, which was nice and will add to the gameís longevity.

THE BAD

* The game seems buggy as hell from a networking viewpoint. Weíre talking BF4 levels at the moment. Will be interesting to see if they can get stuff fixed for next weekend, but the full release is only a little over 3 weeks away. Thatís scary for an online only game.

* Thereís still a big question mark over how much content will be in the game at launch. This is probably my biggest concern. The open world in the demo isnít exactly the biggest, although itís hard to tell how much bigger the final game will be.

* We donít know how grindy the game will be, because theyíve modified everything in the demo to make the game look very benign and friendly. I know thatís a part of games like this, but I donít trust EA very much to tweak it properly.

Overall Iíd say you can see the huge influences that Destiny and Warframe are on this game. Not necessarily a bad thing. I went in with low expectations, but actually enjoyed it way more than I was expecting, and a lot more than Destiny. The amount of content in the game, and how buggy the launch product will be, are my main concerns. But Iíd say the game is actually on my radar now, when it wasnít before. The actual gameplay was way better than I thought it would be, and what was presented of the story seemed really good.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

I had an alright experience, players leaving was my main problem XD would be doing alright and then everyone would fly ahead and die then leave like it was my fault. I did my dam best to revive whoever got downed but just seemed as soon as it got to hard or inconvient for them they would leave. Then id be stuck trying to solo it which sucks or try find another group which would normally end up in the same boat

Last edited by SNKYwolf; 28-01-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Sorry for the length...

So the 'demo' weekend is over. My take on it has been overall a positive and at this stage, I won't be cancelling my pre-order and will still be grabbing it.

There was a LOT of complaints about the stability of the game and I personally think they shouldnt have called it a demo as this set a lot of peoples expectations. I personally looked at it as more of an open beta, they mentioned quite a lot about how this demo was about 6 weeks behind the current build and that there would be bugs - something which a lot of people seem to have either ignored or forgotten about.

Was it painful - yes. Did it affect my ability to see how the game played and felt - no. So it was a win in my book. But I will agree with Stiff that it is a bit concerning, however they have also been open and transparent regarding the issues.

I only played the ranger and colossus as I didnt get back on to try the other two. My brother played the storm and had a go at the interceptor on pc. On a side note to any (like me) who are/were considering playing on pc - apparently flight is quite difficult and swimming is near impossible, but it does look and run even more amazing on pc.
    Edit - read something today that they were aware of the mouse acceleration for the pc demo and controls have been vastly improved in the launch build.

So what is Anthem comparable to? I know there has been alot of comparing destiny and anthem. I actually didnt find much in commom between the two. If im going to compare it to anything, I think the combat is a lot like monster hunter world with a focus on fast combat and movement, landing combos, teamplay and having the right loadout (more on this later).

The progression and loot reminds me of diablo 3. You will see the same weapons/items as you progress through the teirs (easy, normal, hard, grandmaster etc) but they will increase in gear score and you will get different rolls on them. As gear score goes up youll be able to push the higher difficulties and push for better rewards etc etc.

What I like about it:

Flight - it adds a new dynamic to combat, you should get the hang of it quickly but it will take some time to master, the mechanics they have put in place means its not OP or game breaking. Loved it.

Abilities - quick cooldowns, combo effects, look great. Again, something you should get the hang of quickly but will take a while to master.

Combat and movement - are crisp and feel good, some might need/want to tinker with stick sensitivity but of the two javelins I played their handling matched how they looked.

The world - looks huge and amazing. I didnt get much freeplay time in, but from the 2 sessions I did have I spent a lot of it just flying around, landing on cliffs and scoping out the views.

Gunplay - good for a 3rd person shooter, I tried the AR, shotty, sniper, marksman/scout rifle, LMG and the autocannon aka minigun, recoil felt right for each and damage seemed appropriate for each type. There is quite a bit of AA but being a 3rd person shooter (exception being sniper ads) its appropriate I think.

What I dont like:

No circular compass like destiny. There is a bar compass up the top but Im not a fan and I am missing the circular compass/radar Im so used to. The introduction of flight has introduced a need for some very large arena's with quite a bit of verticallity too. And with the introduction of flight, you can get around very quickly. Unfortunately this can quickly bring you unstuck if you see 1 or 2 enemies to engage and go in but what you dont see is the 5 others that are hiding behind cover. Nek minute youre surrounded and dead which leads to my next gripe...

Death in a no respawn area. You literally sit there while you wait for a 'teammate' to revive you. No spectator mode or cooldown. Now imagine youre in a mm group and no one is on comms. As I mention above, you can accidentally fly yourself into the thick of it quite quickly which will result in death, then you get your good natured pug buddy rush in to try revive you and he ends up dead, then 3rd buddy comes to try revive and he ends up dead. Now all you got is one poor guy who has to take on a hoard of enemies solo. A 5 minute fight just turned into a 20 minute ordeal and all you get to do is stare at your javelin in a downed state, or do you leave? Not so bad if youre playing with mates and are on comms but for the casual players, most will pick option B.

Gunplay - more precisely, gun damage vs shields. Going off my experience playing exclusively on hard, I think it needs a buff. Did anyone play much on normal, how was the gun damage vs shielded enemies? A full AR clip would take maybe half to 3/4 of the shield then by the time I reloaded and regained my shields the enemy shield would replenish also. However guns vs unshielded enemies seemed decent. It could also have been a balancing thing too, Im not 100% sure on this one. Interested to hear what people who played normal felt about gun damage.
    Edit - going off your reply stiff, im wondering if the level of the weapons available to us in the demo just werent balanced/scaled enough to be effective on hard difficulty. Fingers crossed its something along those lines. Ive been reading other reviews today and I wasnt the only one who thought the weapon strength was underpowered on hard difficulty.

Stuff im on the fence about...

Locked loadouts, I can appreciate how it keeps with realism of the game. You launch from fort tarsis or your strider, you venture out into a hostile world and if you make a wrong choice you gotta rtb or tough it out. I mean, soldiers in combat cant carry up to 30 weapons on them and just swap out as they please...destiny. But my concern with it is how will that translate to the matchmaking on higher level content. If i dont party im joining 3 randoms where we could potentially have 4 incompatible loadouts that dont compliment one another, the only option is to try endure it or leave and try again. One thing that I find in these online games is players leaving groups usually ruins the experience and you could be looking for hours to try get a group to do a mission - this was pretty much my experience with the division and the main reason I stopped playing it, unable to do content that required a half competent group to complete and not being able to get one was frustrating as fuck.

Grinding, Im fully prepared for it to be a grind, the whole genre of online games these days is essentially about grinding which I accept. The trick is finding that nice balance. Destiny of late for me has just become too much, Im a completionist at heart but there is just too much to do try and do in destiny to keep up with the weekly resets, doing things 3 times over on 3 characters to get maximum rewards then they go and lock other items behind pvp/gambit grinding but on a single character only - its just become stale for me. Anthem seems to simplify the grind, there is only one character for me to play/level and Ive got 4 interchangable javelins to play as I see fit, (hopefully) no having to do the same activity 3 times over a week to maximise rewards. Only time will tell how they plan to release new content and keep the game fresh though.

D
    Last edited by howitzur; 29-01-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Good write up mate. I thoroughly enjoyed the game time I had and really enjoyed playing Storm. I look forward to the next weekend of play to give it a fresh bash

I think they have some really winning parts to this game, it will just depend on how they go with "live service" support. So far they seem pretty talkative and receptive to the community.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

@howitzur: great post.

I didnít play on Hard and found the weapon damage to be fine, and had no issues with teammates reviving or quitting. I did think that some of the weapon classes needed some general realignment (relative to each other) I thought the high rpm light machine gun was slightly OP (loved it), while the shotguns were terribly ineffective and needed a big buff.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Sounds like bioware were listening in on us the other day effex...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Sounds like bioware were listening in on us the other day effex...

Thank god for that. Lol

Want some candy