XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

Teaser Trailer:

Gameplay Reveal:

Developer: Bioware
    Publisher: EA
    Engine: Frostbite

Obviously it's a Destiny clone, but I have to say that in the visual department it looks to be a clear cut above Destiny 2, courtesy of a pretty impressive engine in Frostbite. Jury is still out on whether the story/gameplay will be any good, but it's probably a game that Destiny fans should keep an eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    XBLA
    X_marks_the_Box

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Teaser Trailer:

Gameplay Reveal:

Developer: Bioware
    Publisher: EA
    Engine: Frostbite

Obviously it's a Destiny clone, but I have to say that in the visual department it looks to be a clear cut above Destiny 2, courtesy of a pretty impressive engine in Frostbite. Jury is still out on whether the story/gameplay will be any good, but it's probably a game that Destiny fans should keep an eye on.

Yea that definitely looks interesting, can see some similarities to Destiny but maybe enough things that could make it different.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I was intrigued the moment I realised that could be the closest to an awesome Iron man game we can get. I got less intrigued seeing it on frostbite, but who knows, maybe bioware can do better at bug fixing and collision models than DICE stockholm.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks nice

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

2018 release date more like 2020 LOL

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    2018 release date more like 2020 LOL

Why do you say that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks very interesting

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    Why do you say that?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Because it's a new IP being unvieled at E3. Always expect delays.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    XBLA
    X_marks_the_Box

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Because it's a new IP being unvieled at E3. Always expect delays.
    Any idea how long it's been in development though? Are Bioware notorious for delaying games?

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Any idea how long it's been in development though? Are Bioware notorious for delaying games?

Well even before the reveal EA was reporting delays for a mysterious bioware title that was not Mass effect, so there's that.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    XBLA
    X_marks_the_Box

Default PS4 | Anthem

Well even before the reveal EA was reporting delays for a mysterious bioware title that was not Mass effect, so there's that.
    Ok cool, well fingers crossed the extra time taken if needed is put towards putting out the best game they can.

Just read on a Reddit post that the games been in development for 4 years already and a 10 year life is planned.....

Found this as well, hopefully it'll have a decent story behind it.

https://gamerant.com/anthem-writer-m...kotor-e3-2017/

Last edited by Locoevo; 15-06-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

and a 10 year life is planned.....
    That sounds eerily familiar.

In all seriousness though, I'm definitely interested in this, but I'm wary of a product that for a while has essentially been labelled as EA's answer to destiny that if it doesn't market itself well will probably lose a massive amount of momentum once D2 launches, delays are definitely going to hurt it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    XBLA
    X_marks_the_Box

That sounds eerily familiar.

In all seriousness though, I'm definitely interested in this, but I'm wary of a product that for a while has essentially been labelled as EA's answer to destiny that if it doesn't market itself well will probably lose a massive amount of momentum once D2 launches, delays are definitely going to hurt it.
    By the time this releases I'll be max LL on D2 so I'll need an exact clone of the game I love to pass the time till more DLC comes out lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

By the time this releases I'll be max LL on D2 so I'll need an exact clone of the game I love to pass the time till more DLC comes out lol

touche.

All this talk of anthem and D2 made me go back and read the destiny pre-release thread. So funny seeing how things actually worked out.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

All this talk of anthem and D2 made me go back and read the destiny pre-release thread. So funny seeing how things actually worked out.
    Don't leave us hanging gilly! What did you find in there? Anything particularly funny or ironic (or prescient)?

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Don't leave us hanging gilly! What did you find in there? Anything particularly funny or ironic (or prescient)?

There was a lot of the game "lasting the whole generation", people seemed so excited back then. "Persistent Online world" definitely gave me a chuckle. My favourite quote though would have to be rexy, "I am honestly so damn excited for this game, probably comparable to my excitement for Watch Dogs".

Still you called it all the way back then "Right now the only question mark is whether they can deliver enough content to make it worthwhile"

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

But you can fly and a sexy voice talks to you lol

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - More than your average Social Guy (30+) Elharna's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks interesting and Bioware have a good track record for putting out polished fun games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Elharna View Post
    Looks interesting and Bioware have a good track record for putting out polished fun games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The only thing I would say about Bioware games is that I've always hated the shooting in them. Kind of the opposite to Bungie in that respect

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default PS4 | Anthem

I am playing the new mass effect at the moment, the shooting in it is better than previous ME games. But still clunky. Although I don't believe Andromeda is from the A team bioware.

Also far from polished game haha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    I am playing the new mass effect at the moment, the shooting in it is better than previous ME games. But still clunky. Although I don't believe Andromeda is from the A team bioware.

Also far from polished game haha.

Yeah Andromeda is from a different studio (BioWare Montreal) than the other ME games (BioWare Edmonton).

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Punkasaurian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Punkasaurian
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm feeling a bit wary about anthem. It looks cool, but I don't know what kind of story they can hope to pack into a destiny style mmo. And story is what I want out of a Bioware game.

THey are definitely stretching their legs with this one, and good on them for doing something so different. Still.

THey have done stories in MMOs before, but I just couldn't get into the old republic.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the law runneth forward and back. For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Punkasaurian View Post
    I'm feeling a bit wary about anthem. It looks cool, but I don't know what kind of story they can hope to pack into a destiny style mmo. And story is what I want out of a Bioware game.

THey are definitely stretching their legs with this one, and good on them for doing something so different. Still.

THey have done stories in MMOs before, but I just couldn't get into the old republic.
    Speaking of the destiny pre-release thread, the term mmo was thrown around A LOT, and we all know what it ended up being, and what it's story ended up like. Sure, story's nice, but that's not what's going to make or break this game that's for sure.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Looks amazing, so far its got me interested. Doubt this will have any issues having to contend with destiny 2 as I agree with loco, ill most likely be max LL and bored with it again by the time this is released.

Has the lead writer from mass effect too so Im hoping this is a plus for the story side of things.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Looks amazing, so far its got me interested. Doubt this will have any issues having to contend with destiny 2 as I agree with loco, ill most likely be max LL and bored with it again by the time this is released.

Has the lead writer from mass effect too so Im hoping this is a plus for the story side of things.

Seems to be the trend lol.

Last edited by K_W_R_G; 19-06-2017 at 05:21 PM.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) stealthchicken85's Avatar

It really did look awesome. I'm all in at this point. D2 will be over a year old at release but I imagine they will release a DLC at that point. Definitely interested in seeing more, I imagine they will have raids also.

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I don't know. The last few years has turned me into a real cynic when it comes to game trailers. Even the game play trailer looks heavily edited to the point that it makes me think that it isn't representative of what the game will play when released in the reality.

Also, I can only shine how much EA will shovel in paid DLC and shit carve up into paid add ons.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Even the game play trailer looks heavily edited to the point that it makes me think that it isn't representative of what the game will play when released in the reality.
    One thing I hate about trailers in recent times is people speaking as if they're players but doing so in a real annoying perspective of the characters. The E3 trailer for the division was where I first noticed it, seeing it again here.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    XBLA
    X_marks_the_Box

One thing I hate about trailers in recent times is people speaking as if they're players but doing so in a real annoying perspective of the characters. The E3 trailer for the division was where I first noticed it, seeing it again here.
    One of the Destiny trailers was exactly the same, i think because they are trying to convey talking within a squad etc but it just comes of as really cheesy

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Its really cringe worthy hey 'hope its something good... Yes!'. Scripted BS. Who slow pans during an action part...

Still, the game looks good, the marketing may still convince me not to buy it tho... As soon as they announce the beta access for pre-orders, Im out.