Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    There was a video where they answered that question very specifically. The Pro has double the GPU power, but the CPU increase is only marginal (and the regular consoles have shitty CPUs to begin with). They said that on the resolution front they had no trouble leveraging the GPU power to get a boost. The problem is that when they try to increase the frame rate, they're having to increase the rate at which all of their physics and netcode runs as well, and on that front the CPU just isn't good enough to get to 60fps.

Of course there are other Pro games with much better physics and netcode (and graphics) running at 60fps, but whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally I still feel the console realm is trying to push the whole 4K thing till they can't anymore.

I can understand wanting a uniform FPS on consoles with varying abilities towards graphics etc PS4/Pro/XB1/X1X, FPS give a decent advantage in FPS games but that should only really affect competitive games like CSGO, Overwatch etc

Could they not lock FPS for MP and have whatever for SP?

I'm still on the fence about getting this for both PS4 and PC, I'd love to see this on my new PC but I'm sure there'll be other games that blow this out of the water graphically speaking.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Unfortunately I think the release date for the PC is a clear indication that console is priority. As much as we will see large streamers move over to PC I highly doubt the player base will out grow consoles.

I for one won't be spending the money to buy a quality PC to play it as the specs it will require to run true 4K 60 FPS.

PS4 will have the exclusives and will
    Have a larger player base.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) stealthchicken85's Avatar

I think I just need to get to release. I really want to play it on PC but it's alot of money to throw on it if I get to release and continue with PS4 I'm sure the urge will pass

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by stealthchicken85 View Post
    I think I just need to get to release. I really want to play it on PC but it's alot of money to throw on it if I get to release and continue with PS4 I'm sure the urge will pass

It just isn't worth it for anyone that hasn't invested in a PC alread the amount you'll have to spend to run it at optimal settings would be big $$$$$$.

I'm just not willing to spend the sort of money when I'll get same experience on PS4.

Also with the limited gaming time I'm getting at the moment I don't see how I could manage more then one platform lol. I'll just be going hard on PS4.

Looking at the gameplay footage from E3 has got me hyped I can't wait to level 3 new characters again lol

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) Elharna's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks sooooooo good. Will be interesting to see if my Pro achieves that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pro does 30fps at 4k. Not native though.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

This released the 6th or 8th sept? Book in holidays

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post

6th of Sep

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post

Already booked

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

4 hrs a night and I should be caught up to you guys! Have already informed the wife of the sacrifices I'll have to make, kids will be in bed so all good there.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    4 hrs a night and I should be caught up to you guys! Have already informed the wife of the sacrifices I'll have to make, kids will be in bed so all good there.

Sacrifices you'll have to make?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Sacrifices you'll have to make?

Yeah, like carrying you through Strikes etc :P

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah, like carrying you through Strikes etc :P

Well, I've been trying for the last couple of hours to come up with a suitably witty response to this...but I've got nothing.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) xX_stpdM0nky_Xx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    xX_stpdM0nky_Xx
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Already booked

Yep well away for work that week, so no D2 until 13 Sept for me . Guess you guys will be geared up for raid by then - you can carry my sorry arse through LOL
    In the meantime it will be a matter of not spoiling it by watching youtube whilst away!

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I need some quality time off lol... I always fall behind in D1 so I'll need the head start

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

Haven't got time booked off until school holidays at end of September. I will be taking the Thursday and Friday off for release and possibly Monday if I feel really sick.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) MEGATONNEHAMMER's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

So beta launches the day i go back to work for the week. Glad i already tested out taking the Ps4 setup away with me. It's going to be a very painful week at work hahaha, who needs sleep anyways.

Launch day being the 6th now lands in the last few days of my block on. The awesome thing is i know get holidays so I'll be booking that in real soon 😄

Awesome news is i have a 4k tv, unfortunately just a regular ps4 lol. The PC looks beautiful at 60fps, but i havn't gamed on a pc in many years. Ps4 is where its at for me. Might just have to try it out in a store somewhere to experience it on PC.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Haven't got time booked off until school holidays at end of September. I will be taking the Thursday and Friday off for release and possibly Monday if I feel really sick.

I haven't got anything time off but I'll be a away the first weekend taking our daughter to the wiggles concert and having a weekend away I'll have two nights to smash some content before I won't be able to play for a few days could of long night a I reckon lol.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Pre ordered, looking forward to diving into this with you guys. Anyone still playing destiny?

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) Elharna's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

Hang on. You're all taking time off for Sept release? What about the Beta if it happens in July?!!

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

It's just the beta, progression is reset so not that worried lol

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

Ah. I didn't realise there would be a reset.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Elharna View Post
    Ah. I didn't realise there would be a reset.

Yeah back to square one when it launches in September. But there will be many many hours sunk into the beta i can assure you 😄

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Destiny 2

Jason Schrier interview:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-director...pen-1796139202

Two things that particularly annoyed me:

Firstly:
    Jason Schreier: First thing I have to ask you about: I saw this Game Informer article. In it, you said that you guys will not be talking about The Darkness in the game.

Luke Smith: Yeah.

Schreier: And your explanation was, I believe, something about how it’s not time to reveal that, or you’re focusing on something else, correct?

Smith: Yep!

Schreier: Tell me the truth. Is it because none of you have any idea what “The Darkness” actually means?

Smith: So, I think that at a point, just totally candidly? We had no idea what it was. Straight up. We had no clue.
    Secondly:
    They say that they consider the story of the Exo Stranger wrapped up. WTF? It was the only interesting thing in the first game's story in my opinion, and it was a tiny trail of bread crumbs that went nowhere.

I'm out.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Jason Schrier interview:

Firstly:

Secondly:
    They say that they consider the story of the Exo Stranger wrapped up. WTF? It was the only interesting thing in the first game's story in my opinion, and it was a tiny trail of bread crumbs that went nowhere.

I'm out.

To be honest I find it refreshing. Everyone knows the story for D1 was stripped and put back together as a mish mash utilising areas and enemies that has all been created to ensure we had something resembling a story.

The truth is tho, the story sucked big time and spending D2 trying to tie it back into D1 would be a waste. I am confident there will still be great stories to tell with the darkness but if the stranger never came back I would not be upset. They have an opportunity to make D2 the game they imagined and tying it in D1 would take away from that.

D1 story sucked but it is still the best gaming experience I have had and is unlike anything out there at the moment.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

Jason Schrier interview:

Firstly:

Secondly:

I'm out.

Destiny didn't have the story Bungie wanted to make, the story was basically ripped apart because the lead writer went in a direction that the rest didn't want the story to go. I think they feel now they have a new path to follow rather than a story that everyone thought was already underwhelming.

I think the part of the Stranger is what was added to have some sort of story at all after the they chopped up the story.
    Last edited by Locoevo; 19-06-2017 at 02:59 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

To be honest I find it refreshing. Everyone knows the story for D1 was stripped and put back together as a mish mash utilising areas and enemies that has all been created to ensure we had something resembling a story.

The truth is tho, the story sucked big time and spending D2 trying to tie it back into D1 would be a waste. I am confident there will still be great stories to tell with the darkness but if the stranger never came back I would not be upset. They have an opportunity to make D2 the game they imagined and tying it in D1 would take away from that.

D1 story sucked but it is still the best gaming experience I have had and is unlike anything out there at the moment.

I agree it sucked but I also think they redeemed themselves somewhat with the ROI storyline it wasn't great but it was far better then what we'd seen.

I actually enjoyed learning about individual characters themselves more then the main storyline anyways. That's what direction I'm hoping they go in with D2 and it seems to look that why with all 3 main characters going to their respective planets for sanctuary.

I'm in it for the long haul regardless. I've had some of the best gaming experiences period with you guys. Which has well and truly made up for games let downs.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

I just found the story confusing and difficult to follow. I think what could have been an awesome story about the traveller, how earth fell, the exo-stranger, was wasted and boiled down to 'if it moves, shoot it'. I'm hoping that D2 has rectified this to some degree.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

If only destiny could recreate a master piece such as zero dawn, technically you had to play the game... get the grimoire and decipher the facts for yourself. Then still be completely convinced you have no idea what just happened

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Elharna View Post
    I just found the story confusing and difficult to follow. I think what could have been an awesome story about the traveller, how earth fell, the exo-stranger, was wasted and boiled down to 'if it moves, shoot it'. I'm hoping that D2 has rectified this to some degree.