Page 1 of 39 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo
    Last edited by Locoevo; 19-05-2017 at 09:59 AM.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Destiny 2

Here's​ the first mission it's a bit spoilery about the start of the game, actual gameplay starts at around 2:20. Supers look awesome!

Also all crucible modes now 4v4? Wonder what that says about how they've set networking up.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Locoevo; 19-05-2017 at 06:26 AM.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I woke up at 4 and watched the stream, the game looks insanely good!

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA

4v4 crucible...ewww

Anyway it all looks pretty promising, especially the stuff to do with clans and it being more than just a tag now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Oh yeah - best bit - no more going to orbit before starting a mission

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by Joshizzled View Post
    4v4 crucible...ewww

Anyway it all looks pretty promising, especially the stuff to do with clans and it being more than just a tag now

Maps will have to be way smaller for that to work well, they said all game modes as well, so wonder if Trials and IB will be same.

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Oh yeah - best bit - no more going to orbit before starting a mission

It looks like they improved on basically every aspect of D1, I wonder if there's gonna be 6 man patrols though, seeing as though you'll be able to see public events spawn in real time across the map it would be cool if you could join people's sessions without joining the fireteam, 6+ AUF on a patrol would be sick.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Last edited by Locoevo; 19-05-2017 at 06:44 AM.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Looks like more Destiny. Thats good for fans... The guided games stuff is definitely a cool idea, say we have 7-8 online, instead of a couple missing out on the raid we could split into fireteams of 4 and make up numbers from guided games.

Crucible doesnt sound great, not sure wherw theyre jeading with 4v4. Surely 6 is the magic number? Ill give it a shot but if its like the last one I just hope they dont force it on us like in D1.

Im not a story driven gamer, I dont mind a conceptual world then make your own story (D1) but the story for 2 looks pretty cool for peeps who do.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Looks like more Destiny.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I was hoping for a bit more of an overhaul TBH.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts. I was hoping for a bit more of an overhaul TBH.

What would you like to have seen overhauled?

From reports other than gunplay (which was amazing already) and graphics, everything else looks to be redesigned in some way to make it more functional, never would have expected them to wipe the slate clean and start a whole new style of game.

From looking at the twitch stream the game looks like it's be polished and what the fan base wanted more of. It looks like Bungie actually listened to all the issues players had with D1 and fixed them.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

Haven't seen much other than the first mission but pretty impressed so far.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

You came to mind when I wrote that. As a Destiny fan, I think it looks awesome. However, part of their presentation was about bringing more people to the game - understandable they want that. It doesn't look to me like theyve really changed the experience so if you played the first for a bit then left, I doubt D2 would be any different. There will be a whole bunch of new content & a new story, more cinematics than ever before and plenty of polish! After a month though and youre running through the same landscape doing the same mission for another weekly shot at better loot I think it'll be tiring for some.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Haven't watched much..but looks good

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

In game Lore

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Here's​ the first mission it's a bit spoilery about the start of the game, actual gameplay starts at around 2:20. Supers look awesome!

Also all crucible modes now 4v4? Wonder what that says about how they've set networking up.

Haven't watched the stream yet but that was way too scripted to get me excited.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Word is no still no dedicated servers. Neither for console nor PC

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Anyone posted the Jackfrags vid yet?

https://youtu.be/L7eq_cUU0Yo

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Just saw this

Edit: is anyone else seeing all pics/links in Tapatalk as "broken"

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    What would you like to have seen overhauled?

From reports other than gunplay (which was amazing already) and graphics, everything else looks to be redesigned in some way to make it more functional, never would have expected them to wipe the slate clean and start a whole new style of game.

From looking at the twitch stream the game looks like it's be polished and what the fan base wanted more of. It looks like Bungie actually listened to all the issues players had with D1 and fixed them.

I loved the gunplay and controls in the first game, so I don't think they needed to improve those in any way, but the first game did have lacklustre graphics. Part of that was it being a cross-gen game obviously, but with Destiny 2 they had the opportunity to really push the hardware. I don't see that at all, at least in the gameplay trailer. We're talking about one of the largest dev teams in the world here, with an enormous budget, and this is the only game they're working on. I really expected that they'd be pushing the tech way harder. This is no Battlefront in the graphics department unfortunately.

The other area that needed an overhaul was the story. The first game had little to no story present in the game, and no character arcs of any kind. I was really hoping that with the story trailer they'd be teasing a really deep and intricate story: this is Bungie after all, and they practically invented story telling in the FPS genre. Instead I think back to the teaser where Cayde can't remember the bad guy's name, and I worry that that's going to be a metaphor for the game.

The UI changes looks like they could have been released for the first game in a patch - it's no exaggeration to say that some other games have had bigger UI overhauls in regular patches than we're seeing here from D1 to D2. It doesn't mean they're not welcome, but at the same time it's hard to get overly excited about them.

At the end of the day though, does any of this really matter? They may have talked about trying to attract new fans, but everything I'm seeing says it's made solely for returning fans, and as you point out, there's nothing wrong with that! The first game was very successful and had long legs. But for the people like myself that bought the first game, played it through, and left once all of the story stuff had been experienced, I'm not seeing the changes that suggest it's worthwhile picking Destiny 2 up, which is a shame.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

I'd be happy if it is less of a cash grab than last time. I know I've complained about it in the past but it left a sour taste. Still loved the game but rise of iron in particular was a rip off. Should of been half the price they charged. The other dlc was not much better.

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) smith_45's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smith_45
    XBLA
    N/A

I think Destiny's graphics in terms of image have always been good and never had a complaint about them, especially after i started playing on the PS4 Pro where the graphics were noticeably better immediately. I don't think that i can really complain about a game that i've put 2.5k hours into and had some of the best gaming experiences with friends ever. Beating VoG for the first time was awesome and the amount of laughs i've had along the way with various people while playing is better than any i've ever had. Destiny tries to be many things to many people, single player shooter, multiplayer pvp, co-op elements strikes / NF , competitive multiplayer (trials), and of course co-op challenges in raids.

For a game that does all of those things, it does them extremely well. I don't get the sense that they (bungie) have really explained how they're luring new players as yet but i think they have acknowledged watching the livestream that the game needs to be more accommodating for players who only have a day or two every month to game. I took what they were saying about being part of the clan system that all your actions, solo or in a team, will work towards progression of your clan and unlock rewards. I'm assuming probably just emblems, but there a number of things in that ideology that i like that they can build on.

Destiny was never a complete game at launch and i don't think it was meant to be. I think it has become more about laying a foundation and build the game with the players over the game's arc, that becomes the journey of your experience, and the game itself. There will be different views on whether that is good or bad but i like that it is different. I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, but as soon as i platinum'd it i knew i'd never play it again, destiny is the opposite for me because there is always something to come back for and always a challenge to be had, the only question is whether the individual player thinks its worth it.

The other thing not mentioned is the regular content updates which are meant to be much more frequent. There is still a long way to go before the game is launched so i'm interested to see what else they come out with before october.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Destiny 2

I loved the gunplay and controls in the first game, so I don't think they needed to improve those in any way, but the first game did have lacklustre graphics. Part of that was it being a cross-gen game obviously, but with Destiny 2 they had the opportunity to really push the hardware. I don't see that at all, at least in the gameplay trailer. We're talking about one of the largest dev teams in the world here, with an enormous budget, and this is the only game they're working on. I really expected that they'd be pushing the tech way harder. This is no Battlefront in the graphics department unfortunately.

The other area that needed an overhaul was the story. The first game had little to no story present in the game, and no character arcs of any kind. I was really hoping that with the story trailer they'd be teasing a really deep and intricate story: this is Bungie after all, and they practically invented story telling in the FPS genre. Instead I think back to the teaser where Cayde can't remember the bad guy's name, and I worry that that's going to be a metaphor for the game.

The UI changes looks like they could have been released for the first game in a patch - it's no exaggeration to say that some other games have had bigger UI overhauls in regular patches than we're seeing here from D1 to D2. It doesn't mean they're not welcome, but at the same time it's hard to get overly excited about them.

At the end of the day though, does any of this really matter? They may have talked about trying to attract new fans, but everything I'm seeing says it's made solely for returning fans, and as you point out, there's nothing wrong with that! The first game was very successful and had long legs. But for the people like myself that bought the first game, played it through, and left once all of the story stuff had been experienced, I'm not seeing the changes that suggest it's worthwhile picking Destiny 2 up, which is a shame.
    All valid points man, it's why I asked you because more than anyone I'd like to hear you thoughts on the more technical stuff and reasons behind everything.

I'm 100% hoping that they do make a killer story with this (and I think after the issues of D1 story I'm hoping they've made up for it.)

Found this video as well with Luke Smith and Mark Noseworthy after the event.

https://youtu.be/__ktTp5euGg

Also it's at this point confirmed no cross platform saves between PC and consoles.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/dest...pc-and-console

Last edited by Locoevo; 20-05-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by smith_45 View Post
    I think Destiny's graphics in terms of image have always been good and never had a complaint about them, especially after i started playing on the PS4 Pro where the graphics were noticeably better immediately. I don't think that i can really complain about a game that i've put 2.5k hours into and had some of the best gaming experiences with friends ever. Beating VoG for the first time was awesome and the amount of laughs i've had along the way with various people while playing is better than any i've ever had. Destiny tries to be many things to many people, single player shooter, multiplayer pvp, co-op elements strikes / NF , competitive multiplayer (trials), and of course co-op challenges in raids.

For a game that does all of those things, it does them extremely well. I don't get the sense that they (bungie) have really explained how they're luring new players as yet but i think they have acknowledged watching the livestream that the game needs to be more accommodating for players who only have a day or two every month to game. I took what they were saying about being part of the clan system that all your actions, solo or in a team, will work towards progression of your clan and unlock rewards. I'm assuming probably just emblems, but there a number of things in that ideology that i like that they can build on.

Destiny was never a complete game at launch and i don't think it was meant to be. I think it has become more about laying a foundation and build the game with the players over the game's arc, that becomes the journey of your experience, and the game itself. There will be different views on whether that is good or bad but i like that it is different. I loved Horizon Zero Dawn, but as soon as i platinum'd it i knew i'd never play it again, destiny is the opposite for me because there is always something to come back for and always a challenge to be had, the only question is whether the individual player thinks its worth it.

The other thing not mentioned is the regular content updates which are meant to be much more frequent. There is still a long way to go before the game is launched so i'm interested to see what else they come out with before october.
    Great post smith, I quoted the whole thing for the new page in Tapatalk. One thing I noticed though:

Quote Originally Posted by smith_45 View Post
    I think Destiny's graphics in terms of image have always been good and never had a complaint about them, especially after i started playing on the PS4 Pro where the graphics were noticeably better immediately.
    That was placebo unfortunately: Destiny doesn't have Pro support, and it gets no graphical changes from Boost mode. The only change on the Pro is faster loading times.

A couple of vids from PlayStation Access:

Destiny 2: Six Changes You've Been Waiting For:

Destiny 2: Five Things You Didn't See On The Livestream:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Datto thoughts on D2.

Possible spoilers.

https://youtu.be/10TbML18pMg

Last edited by Locoevo; 20-05-2017 at 03:45 PM.

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) Elharna's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

Just preordered it.

I'm not seeing any great difference with the gameplay or graphics, but that's ok because I love D1. Will definitely enjoy more destiny with some more abilities to explore maybe......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Punkasaurian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Punkasaurian
    XBLA
    N/A

As a lapsed Destiny player this definitely seems like destiny volume 2 more than Destiny 2.0
    Not a bad thing, like Stiff said, but I'm not sure I've seen anything that will draw me back in yet.

Still, those raids were pretty special.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the law runneth forward and back. For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I haven't seen enough gameplay to decide.
    Supers look a bit poofy lol, captain America shield and the pole dancer

Might pre order for the beta and decide whether to cancel lol

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm gonna sit and wait on this one. See what new stuff it brings to the table

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Grimoire Cards have been scraped from the game apparently, all Lore is in the game now. I wonder how much influence Activision had over D1, it really seems like Bungie has refined nearly every part of the game so far, looking forward to more details and the BETA.

Also here's a guide to basically everything D2 related.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/19/destiny-2-guide/

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Never read much of the grim cards anyways... lol

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    Never read much of the grim cards anyways... lol

For the life of me, I still can't see how any rational human being could possibly think that the grimoire cards being completely inaccessible from within the game was a good idea. What were they thinking?

--> CLICK HERE <--