Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1249

Thread: Destiny 2

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    You gotta buy the DLC to unlock the black screen yo

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Ahhh, one of those year 2 features! Noice.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

New Masterwork info

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ncludes_armor/

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Skill Up review of Warframe.

https://youtu.be/0vuJitrbTFY

This is exactly what I thought...

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

It was exactly what i thought, was really hard to take on at the start

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone still play this at all? Lol

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

I think you last two comments say it all effex.

First comment 21-12-2017, next comment 29-3-2018. No one has been in the forum for 3 months! Lol

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

There was an update yesterday I think that was an update to ability boosts etc, another update coming up in April as well.

I havenít played since Xmas I think.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46708

https://youtu.be/BR8zUeEUIJY

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

I might jump on this weekend to see what has changed. I think they have introduced strike specific loot as well if anyone is keen on a NF.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jc_015 View Post
    I think you last two comments say it all effex.

First comment 21-12-2017, next comment 29-3-2018. No one has been in the forum for 3 months! Lol
    Lol I know, still see mega on it now and again

Want some candy

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Warming Reveal Stream.

https://youtu.be/qxqoBrRHHKg

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I watched the intro and it put me off. I doubt I'll ever play Destiny again, its just rehashed content. Anyone watch the stream?

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I never played Destiny 1. so i dont know what is rehashed or not. Been a while since i played it as well. MHW is eating all my time(trying for the plat)

Arekkz put out a reasonable vid about it.

https://youtu.be/mwrBx9jWROY

Spud out...

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll come back when they've released the all DLCs version to see what the game will actually be. This was a massive step back from Y3 D1 and the launch of the first DLC was a massive bitch slap to anyone who didn't buy the DLC.

it's good to see they brought a heap of streamers and gamers to their studio for the summit, but it shouldn't have gotten to the point where that was required. they had three years of the live service of D1 and none of that experience was utilised for D2, except for eververse of course.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Not getting my $20 lol

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) MEGATONNEHAMMER's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

Blow the dust off ol destiny 2. Wow it feels fast in the crucible now. I'm getting absolutely slayed with my slow reaction times.

VigiWing is crispy as F!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) hecandangle's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hecandangle
    XBLA
    N/A

The old 1 2 3 4 5. VW is the best

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm really surprised at how tight the bursts are for the range it hits too. It's very nice.

Last round of iron banner in season 2 this week if anyone is arsed getting their skins/weapons. It's 6's too which plays really nice.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by MEGATONNEHAMMER View Post
    I'm really surprised at how tight the bursts are for the range it hits too. It's very nice.

Last round of iron banner in season 2 this week if anyone is arsed getting their skins/weapons. It's 6's too which plays really nice.

Two burst kill if you can land them mmm crispy

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

'IF' Haha! It's a lot easier to group those bursts now than it was before. They definitely feel like they don't have as big of a spread anymore.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    MEGATONNEHAMMER
    XBLA
    N/A

I've enjoyed iron banner 6s. Managed to get the last of my melee/grenade kills this morning, so I've got all the ornaments unlocked.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll be around running through story and trying level up for the nf this week. If anyone wants to squad up...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Story has been really good. i think i am nearly finished. was satisfying as a non D1er.

I have been using VigiWing for months. dam its so good now. i also picked up a energy weapon that causes a grenade like explosion on weak spot kill. dam thats fun against hive.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

Alright, so I have spent some time over the weekend running through Warmind and thought I would put up my long winded view on the latest D2 instalment.

From the start let’s get a couple of things clear:

a) This is not an attempt to get people back to D2, this is purely my personal opinion – think general consensus is “too little, too late” which is evidenced in the comments on this thread. As much as I want AUF raid nights to return, realistically I think the days of AUF on D2 are gone.
    b) Feedback welcome – happy for people to agree or disagree as gaming is a personal experience and we all have differing ideas on what we enjoy. There is nothing wrong with a healthy discussion……
    c) Given my love of cars I have spent way too much time watching Mr JWW’s YouTube channel while taking a break from the PS4. Have kind of followed the format of his videos in order to get my view across below.

Setting the scene:

D2 arrived with much fanfare and anticipation but very quickly turned into an underwhelming experience. Much of what was loved in D1 and improvements Bungo had made over the 3 or so year D1 journey disappeared overnight (weapon roles, grind, exotics now being handed out like Christmas presents etc). Little was communicated on why this happened and quickly the player base started to decline. As an AUF community we all wanted (or even expected) the same experience and love of the game we had in D1 – raid night banter, constant reminders of silly mistakes made (banter again), thrill of chasing that 1 exotic we always wanted (hawkmoon took 363 days to get for me in year 1!), Loco’s gambling habit and thirst for motes to get that perfect weapon role – the list goes on! In the end the game simply never meet our individual expectations or those of the larger AUF community and numbers quickly dwindled.

Heading in to Warmind, communication has improved from Bungo, I will at least give them a little credit for that – roadmap on what they are promising to deliver and (at least) they are delivering some of what they promise. But there is still major issues given player base drop off and rather than maintaining peoples interest, the game now has to try and win back players from stronger competition in the market place (welcome to the world of business Bungo). The size of the impact/lost player base can be seen in the Destiny YouTube community, with key Destiny devoted You tubers assessing what they do with their channels (e.g. Datto). The question then becomes, will Warmind tempt players back to the game or has the past (and the current competitive market place/choice of gaming titles) left D2 in a no win situation.

War(mind), what is it good for!

So Warmind, the second DLC for D2. New story missions, new planet and some new weapons, armour and both returning / new exotics. Also get a new planetary vendor and upgrades to the levelling system for a number of others (e.g. valor and glory for crucible). The DLC has been meet with mediocre reviews and the Destiny Reddit community is up in arms (as always, no real surprises here). Lack of story telling and content locked behind Sony deal (only new strike is PS4 exclusive!) being some of the comments raised, though really this is nothing new. But there have been some positives. So based on my time in game here are what I have as some of the pro’s and con’s of Warmind:

Pro’s
    - Exotic weapons FINALLY feel like exotic weapons! You will now always want to have one weapon slot filled with an exotic. Graviton Lance and Vigilance Wing are well worth trying in either PVE or PVP.
    - Masterwork exotic weapons look pretty good and you actually need to earn them through completing tasks once you have the catalyst drop. Reminds me of the crux of crota chase in D1. Some of the masterwork exotics actually appear pretty beastly too, though I am still to get a catalyst. Example - Upgrade Vigilance wing to a masterwork version and it becomes full auto which will be beastly!
    - Exotic quests are back in force (e.g. sleeper, the new sword etc) and some appear to be time gated which is good.
    - In part to do with the quests, there feels like there is more to do on Mars. Maybe Osiris was just so lacklustre that anything is an improvement!
    - Escalation Protocol is actually really good. I have not had any luck with blueberries so struggled to get past level one (low light levels doesn’t help), but I like the idea of this spin on the old court of oryx etc.
    - I personally like the valor system in crucible and the rewards seem to be okay.
    - Having played crucible a bit the last few days I enjoyed quickplay (though see notes on competitive below). Games seem fast and exotic weapons seem to be coming to the fore. I personally will be working on my valor rank over the coming months.
    - Vault space increase to 300 slots.
    - I am not sure if this was Vicarious Visions or Bungie but whoever came up with the idea of real life loot – brilliant. For those not following there were symbols around the Warmind on Mars that everyone believed would lead to a quest (return of Black Spindle?). In the end once the Reddit community solved the puzzle it lead to co-ordinates for park land in upstate New York (USA). When people ventured up there they found real life loot being a replica Valkryie of which there are only three in the world. One at Bungie’s studios and one at Vicarious Visions studios with the other being the reward.

Big pro and needs to be emphasised – Activities are harder! Raid light level 370 with final boss 380, escalation protocol light level 350 (I think) and increases through the levels (think level 7 is 370 though please correct me if wrong), heroic strikes are 350. You can no longer walk in day one and level up to a point of being immediately over levelled like at launch and Osiris. Yes if you wanted to be world first in raid there are methods to level up to high light levels, but for people like me who have kids and limited time to play it will take a few weeks, which makes the game more challenging and more interesting in my mind.

Con’s
    - Story again is lacklustre with only 4 missions, though this has never been Destiny’s strong point. It has always been about the end game with the story hidden in the Lore through grimoire etc but still seem to have gone backwards.
    - Strikes used as story missions with no new strikes aside from the PS4 exclusive (sorry xbox and PC players….)
    - Recycled content in reskin weapons, reskin armour, reskinned enemies (hive but they are frozen versions this time…) etc etc this comment never dies!
    - Competitive crucible is still toxic and broken. I won’t be going for the glory ranks anytime soon!
    - Vault space increased but what ever happened to the Ipad stations for ships! Personal thought as I always enjoyed collecting these……and now they take up to much of the vault negating any increase.
    - Exotics still handed out like Christmas presents in the story and through Xur. Bungo still meeting the needs of the casual player and forgetting about the thrill of the chase.

Heading in the right direction but too little, too late:

Too be brutally honest I think Bungo has gone from aspirations of a ten year plan for the Destiny franchise to the question of how they keep this game alive for the short term future. They lost too much street cred post the launch of D2 and their perceived (in my mind) focus on the casual player lead to most hard core D1 players moving on. Lacklustre rewards (remember “2 tokens and a blue”), items locked behind Eververse and raids have not lived up to the expectations of those who started the journey during D1, VOG will always be my personal favourite raid. Also Monster Hunter World, Fortnite and other titles have captured a large share of the player base so the market landscape for gaming has changed.

So finally let’s ask two simple questions:

1) Will I continue playing D2: Yes, but partially because nothing else captures my interest. Tried Far Cry 5 for a bit, had a go at Fortnite and went back to the Division but nothing has that lure for me like Destiny. Part of me actually enjoyed spending time away from the PS4 as focused on other stuff I really enjoy (particularly cars with new vehicle arriving in June though that is for another thread and also helped a friend part refurb an old MGB).

2) Do I expect AUF to come back to D2: Hell No! Unfortunately I personally (*and I stress this is a personal opinion*) believe the AUF raid nights are over and will always remain a fond memory. There will be a few who float in and out of the game but think D2 has burned the hard core players so unlikely many will return – happy to be proven wrong. I really miss catching up with the AUF crew and this weekend has shown just how much. We actually had 7 in party chat the other night and don’t think I had spoken to any of you for a couple of months at least – the banter never gets old!

In the end all I can do is hope that Bungie is now focused solely on the next DLC. Especially given this (being Warmind) is the last DLC purchased as part of the original D2 game and, therefore, was probably largely worked on prior to launch. Though to be honest I think Bungie will have problems selling another DLC and will need to almost offer it for free for D2 to be saved. And on that note, I think I have said enough……

If you have made it this far, thanks for reading and please leave a like below! Feel free to following me on twitter, Instagram (even though I don’t have an account) and Facebook and I will see you in the next episode…….. only joking!
    Last edited by jc_015; 14-05-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

Mate awesome write up. thank you

I will be on and off randomly. i just cant find the motivation for hours of raiding.

Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Iíd like to come back for like a Sunday night catch up or something just for the banter, I still havenít even bothered with CoO yet, maybe now theyíve finally started to make you feel powerful (AGAIN!) there might be some enjoyment in shooting things.

Tell you what Iíll jump on tonight and have a look around see whatís changed, if anyone is around come and join my chat.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Great post JC.

Seeing a beloved game's player base drop off eventually is (unfortunately) as certain as death and taxes. It can be hard to predict what the next big game will be for AUF; the only thing we can say with certainty is that there will be a next big game though

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    I’d like to come back for like a Sunday night catch up or something just for the banter, I still haven’t even bothered with CoO yet, maybe now they’ve finally started to make you feel powerful (AGAIN!) there might be some enjoyment in shooting things.

Tell you what I’ll jump on tonight and have a look around see what’s changed, if anyone is around come and join my chat.

I will be on tonight Loco as still working through a few things.

I want to get a exotic catalyst to try out masterwork exotics but cant get one to drop....

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Great post JC.

Seeing a beloved game's player base drop off eventually is (unfortunately) as certain as death and taxes. It can be hard to predict what the next big game will be for AUF; the only thing we can say with certainty is that there will be a next big game though

Completely agree that games come and go - cyclical nature of the beast in that nothing last forever. The problem I have with Destiny is that D1 was set up so well to maintain that position at least for a while longer and Bungo blew it all up. I work in Business Strategy (background is Mergers & Acquisitions - long story for another day) and I cannot understand who in the leadership team at Bungie/Activision thought this was a good idea.

Would also say to an extent that Fortnite has attempted to be the next big thing but not quite achieved it.
    Last edited by jc_015; 14-05-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Thanks for that write up JC. Always better to get an AUF opinion than an internet review... Having read that, I doubt i'll be back to D2, it just sounds like more filler, no killer.

Fortnite is fun but there is no overall 'journey', its like a free version of Overwatch (also fun).

RedDead will have a bunch of AUF and then theres that EA version of Destiny... forget the name lol.

The leadership team at Bungie either aren't gamers or are too close to the development of the project that they dont actually experience it!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Cheers for the games guys, good to have a catch up with you guys after so long.

Iíve done Osiris on my Titan now so will jump back on later in the week and get through Warmind.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    RedDead will have a bunch of AUF and then theres that EA version of Destiny... forget the name lol.
    Yeah, I'd say Red Dead Redemption 2 will probably see a good number of AUF guys jumping on, as will the next Battlefield game if it ends up being any good.

Anthem is the other game you were thinking about. Like Destiny, it's a setting with a lot of promise, but can it bring the story and content? The other concern is that EA will bury it in lootbox and micro transaction hell. It's what they do. The teaser looked amazing, but it's hard to know if the actual game will end up looking anything like it...

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.