Thread: PS4 | Assassin's Creed Origins

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Assassin's Creed Origins

Some new rumoured details on the next Assassin's Creed game. It's said to be called Origins, is set in ancient Egypt (and might also include parts of Greece), and is by the AC4 team.

Assassin’s Creed is set to return in 2017, back from its brief hiatus after having skipped 2016. For keen fans of the series, however, the incessant leaks emerging from this year’s installment have almost made it as though it never left us. As E3 2017 looms, these leaks are only becoming more frequent. Under the veil of anonymity, Ubisoft sources have approached us to provide fresh details from this year’s game.

Previously, the good folks at Kotaku indicated that the project’s working title was Assassin’s Creed Empire, and that it would take place in Egypt. Since then, we’ve received new information that suggests the game is now called ‘Assassin’s Creed Origins’ and is currently scheduled to be revealed at E3 2017.

Our sources suggest that Origins is a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt. The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.

The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.

Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

Another source linked with Ubisoft described to us an internal video they were shown of a teaser for Origins. It apparently began by showing scenes of Egypt, before transitioning between different periods and locations throughout history, including an Asian country, WW2 era France, and a modern day Abstergo Industries facility. It isn’t yet clear whether this video, a blend of gameplay footage and CGI, will be shown to the public in its current form.

Assassin’s Creed Origins is currently set to launch in fall 2017.
    http://wwg.com/2017/05/06/next-assas...named-origins/

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Some new rumoured details on the next Assassin's Creed game. It's said to be called Origins, is set in ancient Egypt (and might also include parts of Greece), and is by the AC4 team.

http://wwg.com/2017/05/06/next-assas...named-origins/

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Which one are you referring to as AC4???? ..because there was 4 AC games before AC3

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    Which one are you referring to as AC4???? ..because there was 4 AC games before AC3

I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet AC4 refers to the one titled AC:IV, which doesn't matter because the fourth Main AC title "revelations" and the one titled four (black flag) were both made by Ubi Montreal
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

AC4 is an abbreviation of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (IV being the Roman numeral representation of 4). It was the only game with a 4 in the title, so at least there's no confusion there.

AC3 is trickier, because there was Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation!

AC4 was one of the best entries if you ask me, behind only AC2 and maybe Brotherhood.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

They better sing sea shanties.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Black Flag is the only AC game I've enjoyed, sea shanties are the life for me.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    They better sing sea shanties.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    All of the AC4 and Rogue sea shanties are on Spotify, so you can make a sea shanties playlist (ask me how I know) and have it playing while you're in AC Origins. Sorted

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

AC4 is an abbreviation of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (IV being the Roman numeral representation of 4). It was the only game with a 4 in the title, so at least there's no confusion there.

AC3 is trickier, because there was Assassin's Creed III and Assassin's Creed III: Liberation!

AC4 was one of the best entries if you ask me, behind only AC2 and maybe Brotherhood.

Ah cheers
    I thought they ditched the "numbered " versions after ac3 hence ,my confusion.

Black flag was the last ac i enjoyed. I forced myself through unity....
    Syndicate was the first ac game i didn't purchase ,right from the reveal of the game i had no intrest in it. I eventually borrowed it of my Dad ,and could not get into it at all.
    Didn't like the setting in my opinion too modern for AC and the male protagonist was a dik.
    Lets just say im not holding my breath and it will be a game that i say to myself "ill pick it up in the bargain bin" but i never will.
    All so i miss the combat from the altair and ezio games it was more about timing blocks and counter attacks then the button mashing since ac3.
    But then again im just a disgruntled old fart these days!!!

Side note its AC1 that made me decide ps3 over xb360 back in the day..i know its multi platform but it was on a demo reel for the ps3 before release at my local...i stood there and watched it for ages and it sold the ps3 to me.
    Ac2 i got an Ezio statue for free with pre-order because back then it was a reward for supporting the devs not a $200 add on shame on you devs shame

Old man rant/wall of text over

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Ah cheers
    I thought they ditched the "numbered " versions after ac3 hence ,my confusion.

Black flag was the last ac i enjoyed. I forced myself through unity....
    Syndicate was the first ac game i didn't purchase ,right from the reveal of the game i had no intrest in it. I eventually borrowed it of my Dad ,and could not get into it at all.
    Didn't like the setting in my opinion too modern for AC and the male protagonist was a dik.
    Lets just say im not holding my breath and it will be a game that i say to myself "ill pick it up in the bargain bin" but i never will.
    All so i miss the combat from the altair and ezio games it was more about timing blocks and counter attacks then the button mashing since ac3.
    But then again im just a disgruntled old fart these days!!!

Side note its AC1 that made me decide ps3 over xb360 back in the day..i know its multi platform but it was on a demo reel for the ps3 before release at my local...i stood there and watched it for ages and it sold the ps3 to me.
    Ac2 i got an Ezio statue for free with pre-order because back then it was a reward for supporting the devs not a $200 add on shame on you devs shame

Old man rant/wall of text over

Some very interesting thoughts there Cent.

I didn't get AC1 at launch; although I thought the combat and animations looked fantastic, and the setting was great (still the best in the AC games IMHO), the actual missions (outside of the assassinations) looked really bland to me, and I felt the same when I finally got to play it.

As an aside, COD4 was the game that convinced me to jump into that gen of consoles (and Blu-ray and the first party Sony studios were what convinced me to go PS3 over 360).

AC2 blew me away and is one of that gen's best games if you ask me. Massive amount of content, and addressed every single issue from the first game.

I thought Brotherhood was great; it didn't have the amount of content that AC2 had, but what it did have was very polished and I liked the new elements that they added. It had a different feel, but it very much felt like a natural progression from AC2.

Revelations was OK, but it felt a little bit forced to me. Most of the new elements felt shoehorned in, just so they could justify a new entry.

AC3 was a classic case of the leads not being able to properly bring the disparate elements together. There were some very cool ideas there, but the package never felt very cohesive: you could really feel the seams. It's a shame because an Aussie was in charge, and I'd love to say he hit it out of the ground... but instead I think he dropped the ball

AC4 was way more focused, and unique, and I thought they nailed it. Although they had me at pirates anyway

Unity I never picked up because of the crippling technical issues, although the PS4 Pro's Boost mode is said to largely fix them, so I might give it a go now (my friend has a copy so I'll borrow it from him). Syndicate I heard was actually pretty good, so I picked it up when it was really cheap just before Christmas. I'm actually looking forward to playing both of those games.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

AC1 & 2 were good games but I found I fatigued of the gameplay and could not bring myself to bother with any of them after that. Happens a lot in games - Uncharted being another one, great series of games but the actual experience is the same repeated. I'm never hugely hung up on game stories, I tend to skip long cut scenes to get back into it so after 2-3 (max) versions of the same game I'm done. Having said that, it might have been long enough to be interesting again...

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

All of the AC4 and Rogue sea shanties are on Spotify, so you can make a sea shanties playlist (ask me how I know) and have it playing while you're in AC Origins. Sorted

I just found my new workout playlist!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    I just found my new workout playlist!

I dreamed a dream, the other night...

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I dreamed a dream, the other night...

Was it about me? Cause that's kinda weird bruh

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Was it about me? Cause that's kinda weird bruh

Haha, smart arse

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Haha, smart arse

Lol, found the playlist last night, sat there for 2 hours after workout listening to it while fixing up my new PC, so good

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Cinematic trailer:

Gameplay trailer:

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 12-06-2017 at 07:08 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I watched the gameplay demo first, because that's way more important. At first seeing the eagle I started to remember how I hated how over-used and under-utilised the eagle was in the movie and started to get a bit concerned. but it certainly got better. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't playing anything after black flag, but it looks like they're going to seriously shake the game up in terms of mechanics, which has me far more interested than I was initially.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    I watched the gameplay demo first, because that's way more important. At first seeing the eagle I started to remember how I hated how over-used and under-utilised the eagle was in the movie and started to get a bit concerned. but it certainly got better. Correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't playing anything after black flag, but it looks like they're going to seriously shake the game up in terms of mechanics, which has me far more interested than I was initially.
    I was actually disappointed with how similar it looks to all the others....

"Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Kacoul- View Post

I was actually going to say the same: I was hoping it would be more of a revolution than an evolution, but from that short video it looks to be more of the latter than the former.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I was actually going to say the same: I was hoping it would be more of a revolution than an evolution, but from that short video it looks to be more of the latter than the former.

The whole inventory management looks quite different from what I remember, and I don't recall player usable shields at any point. Not too sure what that levelling system could do but I guess we'll see. I'm curious as to wether eagle-vision has been replaced by the more literal eagle vision or wether that's still a thing. I never expected a real shake up to the core gameplay but it's got enough features that I don't remember to get me more interested than my previous level of "oh another assassin's creed I won't get till a few years after launch in the bargain bin"

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

The whole inventory management looks quite different from what I remember, and I don't recall player usable shields at any point. Not too sure what that levelling system could do but I guess we'll see. I'm curious as to wether eagle-vision has been replaced by the more literal eagle vision or wether that's still a thing. I never expected a real shake up to the core gameplay but it's got enough features that I don't remember to get me more interested than my previous level of "oh another assassin's creed I won't get till a few years after launch in the bargain bin"
    Apparently the old eagle vision is there too, but it only highlights items now. The RPG elements are the biggest change, but I'm not sure that the core gameplay elements (combat, traversal, encounter design) look different enough. There have been a shitload of AC games now and I think many of us are well and truly feeling the fatigue.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

There have been a shitload of AC games now and I think many of us are well and truly feeling the fatigue.

Tell me about it. I still haven't even really bothered to check if the ones after black flag have been barbgain bin price to pick up yet.

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers

Tell me about it. I still haven't even really bothered to check if the ones after black flag have been barbgain bin price to pick up yet.
    Shame, Syndicate is probably the best one to date.
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Me neither. Its hard to too black flag. Might have to check out syndicate.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Shame, Syndicate is probably the best one to date.
    Finally picked syndicate up for $20 and while I can sorta see why you might think that, I certainly disagree. The combat is infuriatingly inconsistent (the amount of times I've not performed a 2/3/4 finisher while one guy remains staggered near death is shit), and what seems to be an attempt at making it harder to screw up while free-running has made it less fluid. Turns out most of the stuff I thought looked new in origins is in syndicate, although most of it is far more convoluted that it should be.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Wiener_
    XBLA
    N/A

i gotta say, i really HATE this new "RPG" Leveling thing they got in this. it has totally just killed it for me.

Apparently a arrow to the head doesnt one hit kill anyone 2 level above your current.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_ View Post
    i gotta say, i really HATE this new "RPG" Leveling thing they got in this. it has totally just killed it for me.

Apparently a arrow to the head doesnt one hit kill anyone 2 level above your current.
    As soon as they showed the first gameplay footage with the RPG elements, this game went on the backburner for me. I'm sure some people will love that, but I have other (better, frankly) RPGs if I want to play RPGs. I kind of liked the niche AC had carved out for itself, provided they let it breathe between iterations.

They still needed to improve the core gameplay mechanics to make the game feel fresh, but it feels like they've completely changed course rather than improving the game, at least to me. That might have worked, but the problem is that I don't feel like the new direction is better. Or even as good.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 30-10-2017 at 11:26 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

This game feels very much like The Witcher in many ways. The art style is reminiscent, the way the towns are set out etc. Underwater is eerily familiar to The Witcher. Also seems to have taken some influences from Tomb Raider and Zelda.

In terms of RPG-ness, the combat takes a bit of getting used to, the bow against higher level enemies is useless and melee is real hard when under leveled, I figured out that if you can flank an enemy then attacks at their rear deal much more damage, takes ages to take out high level foes though and if you are chased then forget it, I legged it from two enemies about 5 levels higher than myself and they pursued me for longer than Principal Skinner, I eventually stumbled across an angry Hippo but the two archers just smacked it in two hits ha ha, I guess animals and people have differentiating levels.

I turned off the HUD and just went a wandering, so good that way to come across all the wildlife and trouble.
    Also unleashed a pride of Lions on an encampment, was fun.