AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default Microsoft Xbox Scorpio specs released

Well MS must have felt the heat from the PS4 and PS4 Pro and are hitting back hard with a new design.
    DX12 in hardware and 6 Teraflop graphics.
    Consoles are going to start upsetting the PC master race soon at this rate of upgrades.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/project-scorpio

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

We've known that it would be 6TF for nearly 12 months, but there were some interesting things we learned yesterday. The CPU still being a Jaguar was disappointing, because it had been widely speculated that the 12 month delay over the Pro was to get access to AMD's new CPU offerings which are only just on the brink of being available. The current consoles are heavily CPU bound, so a better CPU in the Scorpio would've been huge.

The 16x AF that every game will get is awesome, and frankly overdue. Consoles offer the ability to get custom hardware for useful gaming functions, so I love stuff like that.

Their backwards compatibility/boost stuff is way more aggressive than the Pro (and extends to 360 games as well) and sounds really good. The question is how compatible it will actually be - Sony took the step of guaranteeing that everything would work, but MS aren't going quite that far.

UHD Blu-ray playback is awesome (still can't believe the Pro doesn't have it), but MS consoles have always had shit quality movie playback (including UHD on the XB1S). If Scorpio has good quality playback I might be tempted.

Price is probably going to be around USD$499 I think, which would mean AUD$700. Tough to justify given that we'll probably see the PS5 by Christmas 2019 (2020 at the latest I think).

The big question is how much better multiplat titles will look on Scorpio vs Pro. The Pro has hardware to do 4K checkerboard rendering, so if Scorpio is going native 4K then that will eat up the power difference and so the difference will be that Scorpio gets 4K instead of 4K checkerboard, and 16x AF. Those aren't gamebreaking improvements IMHO and would make it hard to justify the outlay on Scorpio. If the Scorpio games are going for 4K checkerboard, then the Pro's custom hardware for that will likewise clawback a lot of the performance differential. I think it's at 1080p that you'll see the biggest difference if devs make a custom 1080p mode for Scorpio, but given how useless devs have been with regard to taking advantage of the Pro, I honestly don't see much happening there, so you'll get the same downsampling you see on the Pro. Again, 16x AF will be nice there, but nicer texture filtering isn't exactly the second coming.

If they can get the price down (tricky with things like their custom cooling solution, 12GB GDDR5, etc.) and UHD Blu-ray playback quality is good, I might be tempted (been meaning to get a decent UHD Blu-ray player at some point), but I'd want to actually see what the multiplat difference is like first.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Microsoft will need to heavily increase their exclusives for me to even consider their $700 console with a shit UI. Sunset Overdrive and Halo: MCC just wasnt enough to keep my Xbone plugged in.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I wont be buying one cause .. microsoft.
    I was thinking about this last night though.

The xbox 360 was 77 Gigaflops or 0.077 TF
    xb1 1.23TF about a 16X improvement, ground breaking really.
    scorpio is only 4 times that

So despite it sounding good the rate of improvement is slowing down, still 4X better is impressive but is it 'enough' for a future console.

720p is 0.92megapixels
    1080 is 2.07 MP
    4K is 8.3 MP

I know it is a very simplistic way of looking at it but the XB1 struggles with 1080, forza might look good but how will other 'non-optimised' titles fare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

How soon til Microsoft consoles can run Steam store/games? Sony will take a big hit if this ever happens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    How soon til Microsoft consoles can run Steam store/games? Sony will take a big hit if this ever happens.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    That won't happen because they're fundamentally different platforms. The best that will happen on that front is it becoming easier to port from PC to console.

The reverse is happening though, all Microsoft console exclusives are coming to PC in future.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Microsoft Xbox Scorpio specs released

Don't Microsoft have the play anywhere feature though so not technically Steam but still can play on PC. I wonder if I could just make a XBox Live acct and then just buy games digitally and play them on PC, saving having to buy the actual console?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

https://youtu.be/KDtOEvxjnG0

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Don't Microsoft have the play anywhere feature though so not technically Steam but still can play on PC. I wonder if I could just make a XBox Live acct and then just buy games digitally and play them on PC, saving having to buy the actual console?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

https://youtu.be/KDtOEvxjnG0

I don't think so, but Microsoft has said they'll be releasing all of their exclusives going forward on the PC as well, so it shouldn't be necessary (unless you have a hankering for some older exclusives).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I don't think so, but Microsoft has said they'll be releasing all of their exclusives going forward on the PC as well, so it shouldn't be necessary (unless you have a hankering for some older exclusives).

I think so far the only game I'd really want is Forza series, I've never played any Xbox exclusives so have no real idea what they have, just a thought but if they are going to have them all on PC then no reason to have an XBone acct.

AUFFFFF ... wtf?! who are you??
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    N/A
    XBLA
    N/A

WOW!! Thats great news!!

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Ettapowers View Post
    WOW!! Thats great news!!
    Who IS this bot/guy?
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Having come from xbox 360 to ps4 instead of xbox one, I cant say this is going to woo me back. I have a pro and with a sshd in it I cant fault it at all. Forza is the only thing I do miss and the only reason I would fork out money for one. But with gt on the way Im hoping to fill that void in my gaming collection. Just too invested in sony now and not enough exclusives to lure me back to ms.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk