AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Horizon: Zero Dawn

Developer: Guerrilla Games

Release Date: Wed, 01 March 2017

I'll be honest, I wasn't particularly hyped for this, given it was by Guerrilla; their games tend to be great from a technical and art direction point of view, but they always seem to struggle with actual gameplay. The reviews for Horizon are coming in though, and they're all incredibly positive, with most calling it Guerrilla's best game to date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Punkasaurian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Punkasaurian
    XBLA
    N/A

It looks great but it doesn't really hook me. Still the reviews are really positive about the narrative and I like a good narrative.

Really nice to see a female lead too. and more profoundly, some Ginger representation.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the law runneth forward and back. For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Hell yeh, bring on march 1st. Still a little skeptical on story, mainly because I got hooked on robo dino hunting and I don't want to hype out the story. Gameplay does look very solid. Best bit so far is Digital Foundry's impressions, both standard and Pro ps4's have a very stable framerate despite how gorgeous it looks (execpt for one area which is almost certainly bugged/unfinished)

Also, lip-syncing still seems 50-50 between horrible and decent, even in the official trailers. Not a huge issue, but the stark contrast between the good scenes and the bad ones is a bit odd.
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 22-02-2017 at 04:40 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) smith_45's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smith_45
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm definitely getting this game. It looks insanely pretty and i've always liked that Tomb Raider / Far Cry style - bow n arrow open world type game. Robot dinosaurs too, i feel like my 12 year old self made this game!!

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

As long as the movement is fluid it'll be good, Killzone felt too clunky for my liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I have yet to see those Killzone graphics in person heh.

This is looking technically amazing, seems it holds performance well and supposedly there with be another Pro performance boost day one. Hopefully it avoids Open world fatigue.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) howitzur's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

This and mass effect have been my first games ive actually pre-ordered in quite some time.

Im looking forward to this for all the reasons already mentioned, female lead, robo dinosaurs, very tomb raider/turok looking. I hope the story lives up to the hype being generated.

Sent from my SM-J105Y using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Price guide for launch:

http://press-start.com.au/bargain-gu...zon-zero-dawn/

Cheapest is Big W at $69 (next cheapest are Target and JB at $79).

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers

Might be hard to prove Big Ws $69 though, their online store says $84
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Horizon: Zero Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kacoul- View Post
    It's in their catalogue:

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 28-02-2017 at 02:27 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

That doesn't say the words 'Big W' anywhere.

Although there's a BIG W around the corner from my EB Games, so if I'm desperate to save $10 I might go look for a catalog to price match
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

That doesn't say the words 'Big W' anywhere.
    You're right, it must be the other big Australian retailer that's selling Horizon for $69 from 1/3 - 8/3

I'd imagine that the catalog will probably appear online tomorrow.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    You're right, it must be the other big Australian retailer that's selling Horizon for $69 from 1/3 - 8/3

I'd imagine that the catalog will probably appear online tomorrow.

I'm just arguing from an EB Games perspective, that is 100% what they'll say when they see that pic...I would.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm just arguing from an EB Games perspective, that is 100% what they'll say when they see that pic...I would.
    Buy it from Big W

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Buy it from Big W

...There is that...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

...There is that...
    Haha my local eb is right next to big w. Last time some kid tried to argue the price match, told him id wait and he could go look if he wanted...the manager overheard and said dont worry about it.

In saying that I dont usually try and force the price match issue on new releases because I dont get how eb manages to compete with the bigger chains as it is.

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by howitzur View Post
    Haha my local eb is right next to big w. Last time some kid tried to argue the price match, told him id wait and he could go look if he wanted...the manager overheard and said dont worry about it.

In saying that I dont usually try and force the price match issue on new releases because I dont get how eb manages to compete with the bigger chains as it is.

2 words, "pre-owned games"

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Super Muderator AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) mudman05's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

my local EB dont even question me, have been price matching to JB & Big W who aren't even in the same suburb

Then follow the link ---> HERE <--- to learn how

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/hori...0000000362099/

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

Well the women who served me who always questions actually said she's heard Big W has it for $69, so no problem.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA

Going to get my copy today! Will price match and trade in final fantasy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Got this this afternoon and have put a few hours into this tonight. Im not usually a fan of 3rd person platformers/adventure games (witcher 3 and batman the exceptions for differing reasons) but so far im thoroughly enjoying this game. The environment looks great and the combat feels fluid and although im not far into the story, so far its piqued my interest enough to be looking forward to another few hours tomorrow night.

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Well, Horizon has 110% blown me away!

Im keen to get more into the story, because the story is quite interesting. Have to give props to Guerilla for giving something new a crack!

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    Well, Horizon has 110% blown me away!

Im keen to get more into the story, because the story is quite interesting. Have to give props to Guerilla for giving something new a crack!
    Games amazing, they have done well!

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I figured I'd start with normal just to get used to it. Will definitely be doing a very-hard minimum HUD playthough. The balance with the mahine combat is great, if you get it right you feel awesome but if you fuck up you get wrecked in a heartbeat.

Also, the 'old world' audio logs set the atmosphere up great, two specifically that come to mind in the first ruin where Aloy picks up the focus.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    I figured I'd start with normal just to get used to it. Will definitely be doing a very-hard minimum HUD playthough. The balance with the mahine combat is great, if you get it right you feel awesome but if you fuck up you get wrecked in a heartbeat.

Also, the 'old world' audio logs set the atmosphere up great, two specifically that come to mind in the first ruin where Aloy picks up the focus.
    Yeah the combat system is good, usually in the beginning areas on other games they seem pretty lenient with damage etc

But get it wrong and the herd gets alerted it's all over, I've been trying to get my melee and dodging down pat... only up to the first area with adult Aloy and still exploring.

I had a laugh with the name Aloy, a machine world and her name plays to some reference of Alloy lol

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    only up to the first area with adult Aloy and still exploring.

I had a laugh with the name Aloy, a machine world and her name plays to some reference of Alloy lol
    Pre or post proving? I'm not expecting too much change to the narative based on dialogue choices but there's definitely some reactions to dialogue choices I've been noticing allready

For anyone past the proving,

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Hopefully get into this tonight or over the weekend, bit over the FPS games at the moment.

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Pre or post proving? I'm not expecting too much change to the narative based on dialogue choices but there's definitely some reactions to dialogue choices I've been noticing allready

For anyone past the proving,
    Pre proving, just beat the saber and switched it off...

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    howitzur
    XBLA
    Howitzur303

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    Pre proving, just beat the saber and switched it off...

Thats where im up to as well, going to hook into it this weekend.