Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Agree gilly hope they dont go full gta online. Also loved the zombie dlc.
    No so concerned with graphics yada yada, just want to get back to the wild west.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by skruff View Post
    Agree gilly hope they dont go full gta online. Also loved the zombie dlc.
    No so concerned with graphics yada yada, just want to get back to the wild west.
    To me some parts looked slick and others didnít look ground breaking at all . Looked more like cinematics then actual game play.

Iím sure they will show more before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    To me some parts looked slick and others didnít look ground breaking at all .
    The horse doing the sidestepping before taking off looked really cool. Might need a handbrake button

@skruff and gilly: I didn't realise you guys played GTAO. When was the last time you jumped on?

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    The horse doing the sidestepping before taking off looked really cool. Might need a handbrake button

@skruff and gilly: I didn't realise you guys played GTAO. When was the last time you jumped on?

Played a heap on ps3. Sent some muggers after you when you first started playing..😁 But haven't played since stunt racing i think. It's locos fault he makes us play destiny 🤣

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by skruff View Post
    Played a heap on ps3. Sent some muggers after you when you first started playing.. But haven't played since stunt racing i think. It's locos fault he makes us play destiny 🤣
    So you played on PS4 (Cunning Stunts was PS4-only)? Sorry I don't remember the PS3 days, that was pre-heists and I thought GTAO was fairly dull back then. I didn't really get into it until Heists, and the rapid DLC releases after that.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    So you played on PS4 (Cunning Stunts was PS4-only)? Sorry I don't remember the PS3 days, that was pre-heists and I thought GTAO was fairly dull back then. I didn't really get into it until Heists, and the rapid DLC releases after that.

I only played on the PS3, and got sick of the constant economy "balances" while fixing shit got neglected and heists went unmentioned by rockstar for ages. There's only so many times I could repeat missions for meager money to buy a car/bike only for it to dissapear from my garage forever before I completely gave up on rockstar redeeming themselves.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    I only played on the PS3, and got sick of the constant economy "balances" while fixing shit got neglected and heists went unmentioned by rockstar for ages. There's only so many times I could repeat missions for meager money to buy a car/bike only for it to dissapear from my garage forever before I completely gave up on rockstar redeeming themselves.
    Yeah I don't know why anyone played GTAO in those days beyond just trying stuff out or mucking around. I did those things and then moved on.

RDR Online was a similar story at launch; there were some good gang hideouts to do, but very limited content in general. How they plan to remedy that in RDR2's online will be interesting, I'm assuming they'll go the heist route, but the general nature of RDR2 means that I'll think they'll struggle to keep it interesting beyond a certain point.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

I loved the PvP matches in rdr online that's where I spent most my time as the online open world did become repetitive after a while. Rdr online was the building blocks for GTA online so I can't wait to see where they go with rdr2 online.
    If it's done well I can see BFv taking the back seat if not then there will be the no doubt awesome single player in rdr2

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

With Warframe open world expansion and Battlefield I dont see enough 'new' ro tempt me. I would probs only get this to hang our with AUF crew... A thing thatll hopefully happen in Battlefield also.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Never played the first one it kinda just went under my radar, never heard much about it XD but this looks interesting. Wouldnt mind checking this one out

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    I loved the PvP matches in rdr online that's where I spent most my time as the online open world did become repetitive after a while.
    I never much cared for the PvP stuff in it (and the same is true of GTAO for me). It was the same for me with the Naughty Dog online modes (apart from Uncharted 2 co-op, which I loved) for example: I appreciate that there was the germ of a decent PvP experience there, but personally I couldn't offer a reason as to why I would stick with it when there are better games that are completely built around PvP from the ground up (e.g. Battlefield).

It'll be interesting to see what RDR2O offers. Free roam exploration is cool, but the novelty soon wears off. The same goes for poker and similar mini-games, and horse racing (if they offer it). I doubt the PvP will be able to match BF5, which it's going head-to-head with.

That leaves co-op. If they can deliver a decent story-driven (or at least story-heavy) co-op experience then it might get the hooks in. I'm not sure how they can make it as varied and dynamic as GTAO though, given the constraints of the setting. It'll be interesting to see what their approach is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    With Warframe open world expansion and Battlefield I dont see enough 'new' ro tempt me. I would probs only get this to hang our with AUF crew... A thing thatll hopefully happen in Battlefield also.
    There are open worlds, and then there are Rockstar open worlds...

For me it'll be an SP experience first and foremost. Hopefully the Online will be fun, but I'm not expecting it to have the sort of long legs that GTAO has for example. But I'm expecting a decent co-op experience at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Never played the first one it kinda just went under my radar, never heard much about it XD but this looks interesting. Wouldnt mind checking this one out
    If other Rockstar games are anything to go by - especially Red Dead Redemption - then it'll be a must-play single player game. The Online is just a free bonus.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

@Stiffy, dont get me wrong, Im not saying that WF will even come close to Rockstars world, its just a small thing that Ill spend time on which I have a limited amount of.
    And yeah, if I do get tempted itll be for the SP and maybe a bit of AUF co-op horsing around.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Cannot wait to sneak up on a camp and silently slit the throats of the sleeping sheriffs."shhh, you go quietly into the light whilst I bring down the law this night"

Running about knifing enemies was criminally fun in RDR, up close and personal melee muhahha.

I don't know about the multi because I never got a chance to play RDR online but I would not mind if there were optional drop in/out features integrated into the main game where you could invite friends to help take out camps/outposts etc.

If the invasion style from the Dark Souls series was in, it would add a layer of tension certainly, as long as it is an optional enable.

Allow some of the wanted people to be other players, some law man/woman could be real people who hunt you down if a bounty is on your head.They can decide whether or not to take you in dead or alive or accept a bribe.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Digital Foundry with a tech analysis of the gameplay trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Have they mucked up the environmental skyline landscape by lighting oversaturation here?
    Seems that most scenes in that trailer have a heavy haze apparent everywhere, too much fog, smoke, steam, hue in the skyline shots, and the localised air around the focal scene.Just looks wrong to me it has the appearance of sunrise early morning haze in nearly all the daylight scenes?Unless all those clips are exactly that "sunrise", it looks washed out to me.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxburner View Post
    Have they mucked up the environmental skyline landscape by lighting oversaturation here?
    Seems that most scenes in that trailer have a heavy haze apparent everywhere, too much fog, smoke, steam, hue in the skyline shots, and the localised air around the focal scene.Just looks wrong to me it has the appearance of sunrise early morning haze in nearly all the daylight scenes?Unless all those clips are exactly that "sunrise", it looks washed out to me.
    Looks stunning to me. In a trailer they're going to show off the 'pretty' scenes with heavy environmental effects as much as possible. I wouldn't worry about it.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

200 animal species seems like overkill, but itís nice I guess! Iím assuming that many of them will be palette swaps, but thatís still a lot of diversity. Hopefully it helps the various regions feel unique and will make the hunting/trapping more engaging.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I think Rockstar will be going for overkill in all aspects of this game Stiff, when I read somewhere that the horse testicles shrink in the cold then I knew that they had gone through the looking glass.

I am interested in how the wildlife interacts with NPC's, if you can lead some bandits (or the law) into swamplands to be eaten by alligators or if snake venom works, pick up one and throw snakes at enemies like MGS3 ha ha ha.

Also since dismemberment is in imagine how terrifying the cougar attacks will be! seeing one just rip off the arm of a character.

Judging by previews it seems that they have reintroduced some of the systems from San Andreas such as weight gain/loss so fitness, clothing warmth and protection, health etc will play a part. GTA 3 and Vice City lead to San Andreas, I think Max Payne, RDR, GTA V and maybe some of the more gruesome elements of Manhunt will combine into something unbelievable for this.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Will require 105GB of hard drive space on the Pro apparently:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/..._storage_space

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Jesus! Why even supply the disk anymore.

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Probably covering themselves for the copying process which requires more free space needed then the actual install size.

If not, and they have some nice textures then cool, will have to take some games off my external SSD. GT Sport will go back to the HDD, bloody 90 Gigs!

Think the SSD is only really useful for open world games, or games that stream data frequently anyway.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Thank god I just bought a 500gb SSD

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    Thanks for posting that Des, but I canít stand videos with computer generated voices! Hereís one with a real honest to goodness human narrating, for anyone else like me:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Yeah I don't like those bots either, Cortana does not respond to my calls anymore. She just judges me...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Red Dead Redemption 2

This is from Sydney apparently:

Anyone seen train advertising like this out here before? I certainly havenít, but then I realised that I havenít caught a train in forever and a day.

EDIT: looks like the light rail. I definitely havenít seen advertising like that on the light rail before.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I have not used any of the light rail, only see the trains go by and never really pay attention to them really, I have seen some advertising on some of the private bus services driving by, not at that scale though.

They usually just plaster bus stops, going all out this time, ironic since this game will probably sell crazy without advertising anyway heh.

In anticipation of this I have been going through all the unforgotten western classics and having a blast. A genre that has not been saturated this decade, so refreshing to watch them all.