Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    My biggest problem was always accidentally shooting it in the head while firing from horseback lol

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Lol yeah that was a massive issue. ‘ just gonna line this shot up aaaaaaaaand my horse is dead’ *whistles

This game is going to be awesome if there’s MP, y’all losing ya hats.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Last edited by Locoevo; 04-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Will the horse have a holster for your rocket launcher?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Will the horse have a holster for your rocket launcher?

No, but it'll have a holster for your homing dynamite launcher

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

No, but it'll have a holster for your homing dynamite launcher

Nice!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Nice!

For anyone who didn't see that bug in the previous game (one of the most awesome bugs ever):

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I am surprised they haven’t released a PS4 version of RDR yet. Would’ve made a few dollars in the lead up to this game I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    I am surprised they haven’t released a PS4 version of RDR yet. Would’ve made a few dollars in the lead up to this game I think.

It's backwards compatible on the Xbone and Xb1x, so that would've reduced the market for a Remaster on those platforms I'd imagine.

But I think the code base was pretty horrific too, which is why it was never ported to PC. I think that was ultimately what put the kibosh on a Remaster.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

That sucks! Oh well not long to wait, hopefully it’s worth it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

That sucks! Oh well not long to wait, hopefully it’s worth it.

I'd expect we see a gameplay trailer in late June/early July.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Microsoft leaked the pre-order bonuses:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/re...2/bpswgqbw7r3g

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Microsoft leaked the pre-order bonuses:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/re...2/bpswgqbw7r3g

And as quickly took the site down.. nothing to see

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Just a tad concerned that GTA bonuses are involved if true.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    And as quickly took the site down.. nothing to see
    Yeah, that was a leak, it wasn't supposed to go up yet. Sony has the marketing rights, so maybe that was MS trying to cheekily steal some thunder

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Just a tad concerned that GTA bonuses are involved if true.
    95,000,000 people have GTA, so it's no surprise they're targeting that market, especially when it costs them $0 to do so.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah, that was a leak, it wasn't supposed to go up yet. Sony has the marketing rights, so maybe that was MS trying to cheekily steal some thunder

95,000,000 people have GTA, so it's no surprise they're targeting that market, especially when it costs them $0 to do so.

Player retention vs copies sold aside, the precedent for shitty practices regarding pre-ordering and getting bonuses for allready released games has already been set, by DICE no less with bfV. Granted this is nowhere near as bad as releasing an unavailable gun that's clearly better than every gun in its class, but it's still unsettling. It also just reminds me of gtao at launch and the months following, and I really hope Red dead doesn't feel like that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

People keep preordering so they keep setting bonuses. Shits me to tears.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    There will no doubt be a deluxe edition of some kind too, they did that for RDR. I know because I bought it - and I have no regrets lol.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    I personally have never had an issue getting a game on release. With 3x EB, 4x JB Hifi, a few big W’s and various other retailers locally, games supply has never been an issue. Don’t know about other areas though, big city people may need to preorder?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I personally have never had an issue getting a game on release. With 3x EB, 4x JB Hifi, a few big W’s and various other retailers locally, games supply has never been an issue. Don’t know about other areas though, big city people may need to preorder?
    I've had a few issues getting games on release day from the retailer with the lowest price, typically the Targets and Big Ws who have NFI what they're doing when it comes to games. But those places generally don't offer pre-orders anyway.

The only time I've pre-ordered games has been when there was a financial incentive to do so, or the bonuses were too good to pass up. Over the last two gens I could probably count them on one hand.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Ah okay, yeah the last game I pre ordered was BF3. That was only because I was super excited after the Bad Company series... how the times have changed

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

They've now officially announced the pre-order and digital pre-order bonuses, and a special edition, ultimate edition, and collector's box:
    THE RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: SPECIAL EDITION, ULTIMATE EDITION AND COLLECTOR’S BOX PRE-ORDER NOW TO GET THE WAR HORSE AND OUTLAW SURVIVAL KIT, PLUS ADDITIONAL BONUSES FOR DIGITAL PRE-ORDERS

Today we're pleased to announce details for the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2, along with extra pre-order bonuses for all three versions and a unique assemblage of real-world collectibles inspired by the game.

All pre-orders of Red Dead Redemption 2 will include this pair of Story Mode enhancements:

War Horse: This handsome iron-grey-colored Ardennes War Horse can always be relied on in the heat of the battle. With greater courage and stamina than the average steed, this is a horse that knows how to keep its head under fire.

The Outlaw Survival Kit: The Outlaw Survival Kit contains a collection of key supplies for enduring the rigors of life on the frontier, including items to replenish Health, Dead Eye and more.

DIGITAL PRE-ORDER BONUSES
    In addition to the War Horse and Outlaw Survival Kit mentioned above, digital pre-orders on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store will also receive these added rewards:

Cash Bonus for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode: The Van der Linde gang is always looking for ways to make more money and bring in new supplies. This in-game cash bonus will give Arthur Morgan enough to buy a weapon, some food, a handful of useful items and ammunition.

Treasure Map: Secret buried treasure can be found throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. This exclusive Treasure Map for Story Mode will give Arthur a head start on the hunt for hidden riches. Must pre-order by July 31, 2018.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: SPECIAL EDITION
    The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition delivers exclusive content for Story Mode including:

Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode: Get exclusive access to a Bank Robbery Mission, in which Arthur and a couple of his fellow gang members come up with a daring plan to break in and rob the bank in the southern town of Rhodes. Elsewhere, the Del Lobos Gang has taken over a hacienda - clear this gang’s hideout and rob their stash for a lucrative take.

Dappled Black Thoroughbred: This thoroughbred racehorse sporting a beautiful reverse-dappled black coat will keep you at the front of the pack with its exceptional speed and acceleration. You will also get the exclusive Nuevo Paraiso Saddle, handmade in dark chocolate leather with silver medallion detailing. This horse and saddle are available in Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode.

Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped. Attaching the Eagle Talon Talisman to his boot, Arthur’s environmental awareness skill will last longer. By carrying the Iguana Scale in his personal Satchel, Arthur will take less damage while riding on horseback.

Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts: This collection of exclusive Story Mode boosts, bonuses and discounts will help Arthur to survive out in the harsh wilderness and better provide for his gang members and their camp. The Core Stat boost benefits Arthur’s Stamina, Health and Dead Eye Cores. Earn more cash during robbery missions with the Van der Linde gang, and when hunting and selling animal carcasses. Receive discounts on all upgrades to the Van der Linde gang’s camp.

The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: This exclusive Story Mode outfit for Arthur is inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border. The outfit features a wide brimmed black cowboy hat, deep indigo coat, worn denim chaps, leather gloves and boots.

Free Access to Additional Weapons: A good range of weapons is essential for survival in the Old West. Get free access to three weapons at the in-game Gunsmiths in Story Mode: the robust Volcanic Pistol, devastating Pump Action Shotgun and versatile Lancaster Varmint Rifle.

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition is available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Store, the Rockstar Warehouse and at other select retailers.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: ULTIMATE EDITION
    The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition delivers all of the Story Mode content from the Special Edition plus additional bonuses for online including:

Bonus Outfits: Get two exclusive outfits for your online character. The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit features a long oxblood-colored coat, a vest with gold pocket watch chain, and dark pants tucked into chocolate leather boots. The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit features a fur-lined saddle-brown leather waistcoat, two-tone gloves, and pinstripe black pants tucked into black leather boots.

Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: Outrun the competition with this thoroughbred racehorse in a striking black chestnut coat and also receive the exclusive High Plains Cutting Saddle beautifully crafted in jet-black leather with gold metal accents. This horse and saddle are available in online.

Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme: Customize your own personal Camp in online with free access to the Survivor theme.

Free Access to Additional Weapons: Get access to the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle, free of charge from Gunsmiths in online.

Rank Bonuses: As a great start for all Ultimate Edition players, you can rank up faster in online, up to rank 25.

The Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition is available for pre-order on the PlayStation Store, the Xbox Store, the Rockstar Warehouse and at other select retailers.

BONUS GTA$ FOR DIGITAL PRE-ORDERS
    No matter which version you choose, all digital pre-orders from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store will receive an immediate infusion of GTA$ to their Maze Bank accounts in GTA Online:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Standard Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$500,000
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$1,000,000
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$2,000,000

Digital pre-orders for Red Dead Redemption 2 made via the PlayStation Store will receive an automatic download for their bonus GTA$. For those pre-ordering digitally through the Microsoft Store on Xbox, this GTA$ bonus can be downloaded by searching for the requisite amount associated with your specific pre-order (“$500,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online” for Standard Edition digital pre-orders, “$1,000,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online” for Special Edition digital pre-orders, and “$2,000,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online” for Ultimate Edition digital pre-orders) on the Microsoft Store.

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2: COLLECTOR’S BOX
    The Red Dead Redemption 2: Collector’s Box, available exclusively from select retailers and the Rockstar Warehouse, features a curated assortment of outlaw essentials all packaged in a thick gauged metal tithing box (Red Dead Redemption 2 sold separately).

Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key: Inspired by the lockbox used by the Van der Linde gang to stash contributions to the camp’s upkeep, this thick gauged metal box includes a lock & key, and features black metal band detailing and an engraved Cornwall Freight & Commodities plaque.

Collectable Challenge Coin: Featuring the majestic American Buffalo on one side and a scenic landscape on the other side, this engraved, gold-colored collectable coin comes in a magnetic presentation holder with a black, engraved plaque describing the history of this endangered species.

Double Sided Puzzle: This double-sided, 100-piece wooden jigsaw puzzle features an illustrated view of the bustling port of Saint Denis on one side, and a classically inspired Rockstar Games logo on the reverse.

Six Shooter Bandana: A staple for any frontier outlaw, this bandana features a traditional paisley-inspired pattern with hidden weapon iconography throughout.

Treasure Map: Printed on durable, unrippable paper, this exclusive treasure map reveals the location of some buried treasure that may start Arthur on a search for more riches hidden throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Pin Set: This set of six individual pins includes representations of key weapons from Red Dead Redemption 2 including a shotgun, revolver and Dead Eye “X” marker. The set comes in a canvas carrying bag.

Playing Cards: Commemorate the outlaws of the Van der Linde gang with this fully illustrated deck of playing cards featuring key members of the gang including Arthur Morgan, John Marston, Javier Escuella, Bill Williamson and Dutch van der Linde.

Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue: The one-stop shop for everything from weapons to clothing, the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue is an essential shopping tool for turn of the century life. This complete 150-page book is a replica of the edition found in stores throughout Red Dead Redemption 2.

12 Cigarette Cards: These beautifully-illustrated collectable cards can be found throughout the world of Red Dead Redemption 2. This physical collection includes one select card from each set like Famous Gunslingers and Outlaws, Stars of the Stage and Marvels of Travel and Locomotion.

The Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector’s Box is available now for pre-order from the Rockstar Warehouse and look for it to also be available from select retailers.
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...on-and-Collect

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 05-06-2018 at 08:57 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) hecandangle's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hecandangle
    XBLA
    N/A

Ooh. I could buy a gta car to not drive!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hecandangle View Post
    Ooh. I could buy a gta car to not drive!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Or give it to Mors Mutual for all the cars you take swimming

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

The official RDR2 strategy guide (by Piggyback, hardcover and 368 pages) is available for pre-order at Book Depository. It's 10% off and includes free worldwide shipping (AUD$48.33):

https://www.bookdepository.com/Red-D.../9781911015543

Also Rockstar have started sending the media some hype boxes:

https://twitter.com/rockstardb/statu...722827266?s=21

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I wouldn't mind a liar's dice and poker set, Deadwood had one with one collection. I see they have a deck of cards in the collector's box, no chips or other paraphernalia though.

Could also have a hip flask, maybe some mock historical documents, wanted posters, deeds etc. How bout a Cowboy hat and spurs for when you are trying to woo your woman?

A cactus thorn for some prickly rump.
    Belt buckle.

I'd pay for a collectors edition with thought put into it...though they would have to include the game too.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Gameplay trailer is coming Friday morning at 1am AEST:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...rsday-August-9

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Official gameplay trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks amazing can't wait.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

that narration was pretty cringy, not fake players roleplaying cringy, but still cringy.

I'm also worried they're going to go full GTA with this and make a cash-cow of an online that's constantly balanced around 'coercing' players into buying game money and have no singleplayer DLC, which would be a crying shame cause the zombie DLC for RDR was fucking awesome.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

that narration was pretty cringy, not fake players roleplaying cringy, but still cringy.

I'm also worried they're going to go full GTA with this and make a cash-cow of an online that's constantly balanced around 'coercing' players into buying game money and have no singleplayer DLC, which would be a crying shame cause the zombie DLC for RDR was fucking awesome.
    Am I the only one turned on by her sexy voice?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by skruff View Post
    Looks amazing can't wait.
    It looks sharp, but it doesn't look particularly ground breaking for me, unlike the original RDR or GTA V for example. It looks like GTA V with a Pro patch - not necessarily a bad thing, but given the way simpler geometry of the map I was expecting something more dramatic. Maybe they'll show some cooler stuff in later trailers though.

GTA Online lends itself to that stuff because they could keep pumping out vehicles, properties, and businesses for players to buy. I don't know how that could work in RDR2 though, once you have a horse and some guns you should be good to go. They might let you buys items directly, rather than cash like in GTAO, by selling outfits and skins for guns I guess.

On the DLC front, Rockstar have previously said that SP DLC returns haven't justified the development cost since GTA IV unfortunately. Hopefully they still do it for RDR2 though.

Speaking of RDR online, here's a little blast from the past, courtesy of loco:

Am I the only one turned on by her sexy voice?
    It's the same chick from the GTA V gameplay trailer I believe (from memory, haven't checked). I can't remember who did the voiceover in the original RDR1 intro trailers though, was it this chick? I can't remember if it was a man or woman and can't check at the moment.

--> CLICK HERE <--