AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I wish there was some way to bury NPC bodies.

I found a dying man who dreamed of finding his way in the world, he wanted to make it as a success to return home and prove his doubters wrong, he died in my arms.

Naturally I looted his body. The letter he had that he never delivered disarmed my desire for dinero, it told of failure in life and love, a love he never told.

I picked up his body and searched for a fitting spot to lay him to rest.

First I tried to put him in the ocean, sadly he floated to the surface and bobbed up and down like an buoy, a beacon of defeat.

So I swam out and slowly nudged him ashore before shouldering what was now both of our burden once more.

I read the letter again by the fire, as my ward lay propped up against a rock, I could swear that his once sad visage had now given way to a smile.

I noted the girls name in the letter and recalled hearing it before, in a town not too far, I set forth to find her.

I crossed the country and many a terrified passer by, as they ran for the law after seeing what they saw. A dead man on my horse as I set out my course.

So now wanted and chased I made my way with haste, to the town of the girl mentioned by name in the letter.

There on the outskirts of town, a solitary shack, a serendipitous sight. With a view of the sea on a calm and clear night.

I opened the door and the glow of the fire filled me with warmth, the pictures on the wall of a girl, hopefully the one the man had long loved from afar.

Nobody home so I placed my deceased pal in the only place he ever truly wanted to be, right in her bed.

I left with a sense of fulfilment and glee, oh to have been there when she came home tee hee hee.

Finally together, two separated lovers, what a game this is.
    Brilliant.. when i find him ill feed him to the alligators

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Can some explain what it means when you're randomly riding or walking around a promt comes up to click r2 to draw.. have no idea..

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

There might be a npc you cant see, I've found some rather remote camps hidden. I think it just suggest you may have to quick draw

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    Can some explain what it means when you're randomly riding or walking around a promt comes up to click r2 to draw.. have no idea..
    Yeah either an NPC you havenít noticed, or maybe a predator you canít see? I donít know if you get the draw prompt for animals too, but if so then maybe thereís a rattlesnake you canít see, or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Redemption 2

So there actually is a semi-auto shotgun you can pick up in the world, for free, as early as chapter 2. Youíll need some gun oil though, because itís in a pretty fucked up state initially (luckily there is some nearby anyway).

It can be found

Also this site is seriously awesome:
    rdr2map.com

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    So there actually is a semi-auto shotgun you can pick up in the world, for free, as early as chapter 2. Youíll need some gun oil though, because itís in a pretty fucked up state initially (luckily there is some nearby anyway).

It can be found

Also this site is seriously awesome:
    rdr2map.com

Yeh, you can get a tip-off to it from a random encounter, he just says north of strawberry, but it's way north.

There's another shack that's north northwest of strawberry that I thought might have been it, definitely not.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Down on the dpad lets you aim down the sights in first person when you hold L2.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Down on the dpad lets you aim down the sights in first person when you hold L2.
    Yep, itís how you use scopes as well in both first and third person. Bear in mind that you canít mark deadeye targets when looking through a scope though, so youíll need to hit down on the dpad to leave scope view if you want to do that.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Here's a tip that may come in handy.. if youre on a mission or going somewhere in free roam and you come across a place or something interesting and you cant stop to look at it.. bring up map place cursor on location and press L3 it will place a marker down on that location for later reference and you can return when able.. to remove do the same.. if this has been posted before then carry on.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Yep, itís how you use scopes as well in both first and third person. Bear in mind that you canít mark deadeye targets when looking through a scope though, so youíll need to hit down on the dpad to leave scope view if you want to do that.

I don't think I have used Deadeye yet, keep forgetting to. I will probably hold off until it is upgraded and then let loose with the bow or tomahawks.

Plus I am loving the free aim combat anyway, I love when myself and the enemy both clumsily fire and miss at close range before I get some distance between us to get more time to aim, feels like this ha ha ha.

Here's a tip that may come in handy.. if youre on a mission or going somewhere in free roam and you come across a place or something interesting and you cant stop to look at it.. bring up map place cursor on location and press L3 it will place a marker down on that location for later reference and you can return when able.. to remove do the same.. if this has been posted before then carry on.
    I am going all out old school, marking my notable locations with a pen on the physical map ha ha. When I sell it the next player can read my notes and follow the clues heh he.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Oh wow there's a map. Forgot to even check the CD box, doh

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

So did anyone do the gold bar money glitch? I had already pick up the gold bar they seem to be doing it with? Donít think I would of done it anyways.

Money doesnít really seem to be an issue to come by in game.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    So did anyone do the gold bar money glitch? I had already pick up the gold bar they seem to be doing it with? Donít think I would of done it anyways.

Money doesnít really seem to be an issue to come by in game.

I did it, mostly out of curiosity. I agree that you donít need it, unless youíre playing a Ďbadí Arthur and constantly getting bounties that you want to pay off (without worrying about juggling money between yourself and the camp).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I constantly have at least 700 on me at times, give all my treasure to the stash and they still have the nerve to ask me for more money... you find alot of weapons and there are a few rarest to find.

Sorts disappointed you cant buy property

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    I constantly have at least 700 on me at times, give all my treasure to the stash and they still have the nerve to ask me for more money... you find alot of weapons and there are a few rarest to find.
    Yeah many of the best weapons you can find for free, the best horse (outside of the pre-order one) for most of the game is free too, and there is a heap of money to be made from the treasure maps.

That said, itís nice to not have to worry about money at all any more. Money problems should be for real life, not video games

Sorts disappointed you cant buy property
    In RDR Online Iím sure theyíll be trying to sell you everything, including the kitchen sink.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

How can I check my active quests

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

How can I check my active quests

Click left on the d pad..

Edit.. youre welcome

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Redemption 2

Click left on the d pad..

Edit.. youre welcome
    Yeah tap left on the d-pad for quests and challenges, hold left on the d-pad for the journal.

EDIT: On that subject, there are bunch of very useful tips here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...s_i_found_out/

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 04-11-2018 at 09:24 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Overheard a conversation in the saloon in valintine by a trapper.. " real men don't care where real men turd".. now thats something i havent heard up at my local...
    We must not be real men.

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Watched the credits roll on this masterpiece last night. What a rollercoaster.

Thought chapter 3 was horrible/filler but the rest was amazing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Chapter 4 is boring me, 3 wasnt bad... but I'm on break just exploring.

AI is amazing. Explored a house and came out to some bounty hunters that tracked me down. Was rather impressed

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Chapter 4 is boring me, 3 wasnt bad... but I'm on break just exploring.

AI is amazing. Explored a house and came out to some bounty hunters that tracked me down. Was rather impressed

They don't track you down, they just spawn after a while in a state you have a bounty in. Only difference is on the blackwater side of West Elizebeth, where they spawn constantly before the epilogue.

The AI itself, for both friendlies and horses can go eat a dick. I never had so many problems getting horses to follow paths or friends in the first game, it's frustrating. Annoying as hell when you fail a mission because you and two others are riding to get some place quick, and the AI pushes you off the path just before a bridge and your horse just stops, sending you flying off the side of the bridge down a cliff. Not to mention the amount of times the dumb as fuck horse has just run straight into a tree. I thought I remembered horses being able to follow your waypoint with no direction input in the first one, but it seems that only works when following people or in the boring as shit cinematic camera.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    They don't track you down, they just spawn after a while in a state you have a bounty in. Only difference is on the blackwater side of West Elizebeth, where they spawn constantly before the epilogue.

The AI itself, for both friendlies and horses can go eat a dick. I never had so many problems getting horses to follow paths or friends in the first game, it's frustrating. Annoying as hell when you fail a mission because you and two others are riding to get some place quick, and the AI pushes you off the path just before a bridge and your horse just stops, sending you flying off the side of the bridge down a cliff. Not to mention the amount of times the dumb as fuck horse has just run straight into a tree. I thought I remembered horses being able to follow your waypoint with no direction input in the first one, but it seems that only works when following people or in the boring as shit cinematic camera.
    I can legit say that i only ever fell off the horse once from an ai fuck up and that was at the fallen over tree across the road just east of Strawberry. Other than that it was a seemless and smooth ride. I do wish that if you are attacked while in Cinema mode it would jump back to your previous setting.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I stumbled upon a train holdup, so I stole the train from the robbers.

Spent twenty minutes diving the train across the map with the steam whistle blaring and stopping at each stop to rob the people at the stations waiting for the train.

I stopped finally to stretch my legs when a pack of wolves attacked me, made it off a ledge and cartwheeled down into the river below.

Stranded in the middle of nowhere I resigned myself to my fate as I heard the howls of hungry wolves drawing ever nearer, before finally spotting salvation across the river in the form of a horse and cart, I waded through the river and called out the driver, then there was an option to request a ride into town.

About 6 minutes later we were in Valentine I thanked the driver and went to the bar to play poker.

Dynamite under the table...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

DP.

Did a Deadwood Pig feeding errand as well. Crazy. I should have questioned though.

Edit- Also went to that lady's house to pick up the semi auto shotgun, she recognized it on my back so it was a foot race to her donkey, I got the donkey but man can she run, she chased me like a horror movie.
    Last edited by Smajs; 05-11-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Overheard a conversation in the saloon in valintine by a trapper.. " real men don't care where real men turd".. now thats something i havent heard up at my local...
    We must not be real men.
    I caught a bit of that conversation when I was doing the Deadwood Pig feeding errand that Smajs was talking about. I came back afterwards and found that it was me old mate, I beat his arse a second time and this time I took his silly hat as a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSarum View Post
    Watched the credits roll on this masterpiece last night. What a rollercoaster.

Thought chapter 3 was horrible/filler but the rest was amazing.
    I'm on Chapter 3 at the moment and loving the water views. I've done all of the side quests, and have parked the main quests while I finally get my hunt on.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post

Yeah they occasionally spawn in a state where you have a bounty, but they do track you, and can do so for a long time before they ever appear on your mini-map too, so it's a little more organic than you might think. I spotted a few in the far distance and watched them follow me for a long, long time, well before they ever showed up on the minimap. When I did finally ambush them, I heard them comment about how long they'd been tracking me too, which I thought was a nice touch.

For the AI, I do wish Mr Horsey had a little more self preservation (like a real horse does), but by the same token the stacks are so bloody funny, the physics and animation are brilliant

And I'm a huge fan of the cinematic camera. You can basically do everything in that camera except aim your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSarum View Post
    I can legit say that i only ever fell off the horse once from an ai fuck up and that was at the fallen over tree across the road just east of Strawberry. Other than that it was a seemless and smooth ride. I do wish that if you are attacked while in Cinema mode it would jump back to your previous setting.
    I've had some doozy stacks, mostly while trying to activate the cinematic camera and stay on a path at the same time. I haven't been killed yet in cinematic mode, but I've had to use dead eye to save myself by the skin of my teeth a few times.

Stranded in the middle of nowhere I resigned myself to my fate as I heard the howls of hungry wolves drawing ever nearer, before finally spotting salvation across the river in the form of a horse and cart, I waded through the river and called out the driver, then there was an option to request a ride into town.
    I had no idea that was even a thing!

Also went to that lady's house to pick up the semi auto shotgun, she recognized it on my back so it was a foot race to her donkey, I got the donkey but man can she run, she chased me like a horror movie.
    The donkey ain't no slowpoke either, just quietly. I ended up hogtying the old battleaxe and leaving her on her bed.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Ive had plenty of stacks, mainly head butting trees.. but the funniest thing that happened to me was when i was on a rail bridge on my horse taking aim at a 3 star something .. i didnt hear the train coming behind me and it totaly cleaned us up.. killed mr ed and sent me flying.. wish i had horse regen.. had to start from a save i had just done..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

So Ellie Anne Swan is a bearded lady? She is a few berries short of a bunch.

I still have not found any Dinosaur bones, probably not looking hard enough. Found some rock carvings though.
    Also some art exhibit pelt requests on the notice board in one of the post offices.

And I saw a bear attack a gang camp, was both intimidating and impressive to witness the ferocity of the mauling. Dismemberment and half chewed heads, woah.

The animal ecosystem is pretty incredible with its details.

The Possums play dead if you chase them, some of the rats actually charge you and bite.
    Wolves approach slowly head on and charge if you turn your back to them. Also if the have numbers they will encircle you.
    Birds of prey can take small mammals, even steal your kills!
    Ravens, Vultures and some other birds eat carcasses.
    Flies gather around stale meat, or a smelly Arthur.

The way the law investigates crimes is pretty interesting as well, I saw on one occasion through the binoculars where the sheriff picked up the dead bodies before carrying them off.

And some other fun stuff.

I freed a woman from a camp and she chased her captors with a knife before she was gunned down.

A game of poker got out of hand and two fellas pushed one guy into the mud, another town member got involved and pretty soon the entire town was ablaze with gunfire.

The store owner in Strawberry got lost in the wilderness, no one in the store now.

I saw a fella looking for treasure so I commented on his map, he pissed off quick smart so I gave chase, fella ran off a cliff rather than hand me the map ha ha.

And people in towns and your camp seem to change their clothing, the deputy in one town had a coat and jeans on one day, and a rolled up shirt with pressed pants the next.

Bounties can get hanged in town.

In camp Uncle pulled down his flap and mooned!

EDIT - Also I have been propositioned by the ladies of the evening, only responses I can do so far have been to decline politely, or reject harshly.
    Last edited by Smajs; 06-11-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

DP.

Hogtied a KKK member and took him to the non white part of the Bayou, the wrong side of the tracks for him muhahaha.

There are some Deliverance or The Hills have eyes inspired 'people' in around the swamp too, at night they mostly come out...mostly.
    Tie one up and keep it if you can.

They are Dead wrong.
    "human sacrifices, cannibalism, candles and exorcism
    Animals, havin sex with 'em, camels, mammals, and rabbits
    But I don't get into that, I kicked the habit"

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Hogtied a KKK member and took him to the non white part of the Bayou, the wrong side of the tracks for him muhahaha.
    Speaking of the KKK...

--> CLICK HERE <--