Thread: PS4 | Red Dead Redemption 2

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) K_W_R_G's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Well itís a bit annoying I was wondering why I couldnít find my Schofield revolver just straight up disappeared.

Found out itís a bug. Pretty shit bug though had that thing pimped Blacked out gold engraving the works.

Luckily itís only 84 bucks lol.

Also I missed the companion trophy I think for some reason it was locked for me before the last mission in chapter two and I can remember if I did anything in the first camp or not before starting chapter 3.

I Will have to start a new save once Iíve completed the game as I believe you canít get it if you missed it in chapter 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Lol the possums r funny XD heard a strange sound and seen one on the floor dead so went to pick it up and the thing came back to life XD was entertaining

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Speaking of the KKK...

If you go into the woods today you're sure of a big surprise,
    If you congregate in the woods today you might see some KKK fly,
    A package is thrown, limbs rain down upon and the curtain is drawn
    Because tonights the night the idiots have their wigs split.

There are some funny scenes that play out if you stalk them too, set themselves alight, drop hammers on their toes, crush each other ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    Well itís a bit annoying I was wondering why I couldnít find my Schofield revolver just straight up disappeared.

Found out itís a bug. Pretty shit bug though had that thing pimped Blacked out gold engraving the works.

Luckily itís only 84 bucks lol.

Also I missed the companion trophy I think for some reason it was locked for me before the last mission in chapter two and I can remember if I did anything in the first camp or not before starting chapter 3.

I Will have to start a new save once Iíve completed the game as I believe you canít get it if you missed it in chapter 2.

Yeah there are a couple of bugs, sometimes the camera goes nuts when I try to lock on and initiate a conversation.
    Vanishing people and guns.
    Arthur occasionally holstering and unholstering weapons.

The things I hope get fixed besides the bugs are the terrible HDR and maybe a better rendering solution for 4k. I don't think they will be though because those are not really game-breaking for the majority, unlike the bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Lol the possums r funny XD heard a strange sound and seen one on the floor dead so went to pick it up and the thing came back to life XD was entertaining

Yeah the wildlife is amazing.

I found a fella who was playing possum too, then the zombies/crazies came out to play.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Arthur actually sings some of the camp songs when you are out in the wild!

I was making my way across a field after a particularly bloody encounter and he just started with this song.

"I'm a poor lonesome cowboy,
    a poor lonesome cowboy,
    a poor lonesome cowboy, a long ways from home.

I ain't got no mother,
    I ain't got no mother,
    I ain't got no mother to mend the clothes I wear.

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy,
    a poor lonesome cowboy, a long ways from home.

I ain't got no brother,
    I ain't got no brother,
    I ain't got no brother, to drive the steers with me.

I'm a poor lonesome cowboy,
    a poor lonesome cowboy,
    a poor lonesome cowboy, a long way from home."

The he sighed.

All that killin', must be taking it's toll.

He sometimes mutters some other things too.

I wonder if you leave the controller alone if he swill begin to fidget and animate, games used to have that all the time when you stop playing and the characters would go about small idle animations.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Iím trying to think what companion missions I did in Chapter 2. I think I did all of them, if there are only three available:

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

Iím trying to think what companion missions I did in Chapter 2. I think I did all of them, if there are only three available:

Yeah I donít know why but I just didnít pay attention lol. Turns out if you didnít do one in chapter two you miss the trophy for it.

Guessing you can only have one game save?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah I donít know why but I just didnít pay attention lol. Turns out if you didnít do one in chapter two you miss the trophy for it.

Guessing you can only have one game save?

You can have a heap of game saves, itís about 20 Iíd guess. You access that stuff from the ďStoryĒ menu (Options > Story).

For that trophy you need to do them in the same playthrough though, so if you donít have a save in chapter 2 (or earlier), then youíll need to do a second playthrough and get as far as chapter 4.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Holy shit, I managed to catch one of those swamp knife wielding 'Nite Folk' and hogtie him, he struggled to get free and actually untied himself!

Edit And there is a woman's voice that asks to "come back to me, come home", in the swamp.
    Last edited by Smajs; 06-11-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

You can have a heap of game saves, itís about 20 Iíd guess. You access that stuff from the ďStoryĒ menu (Options > Story).

For that trophy you need to do them in the same playthrough though, so if you donít have a save in chapter 2 (or earlier), then youíll need to do a second playthrough and get as far as chapter 4.

Hmmm. So I can keep my main save then start a new game and turn off auto save and it shouldnít overwrite my progress in theory?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Hmmm. So I can keep my main save then start a new game and turn off auto save and it shouldnít overwrite my progress in theory?

In theory, but you might as well leave it until after youíve finished the game anyway.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

You can replay missions, I think where the mission challenges are theres an option to replay

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Redemption 2

My advice, for whatever itís worth, is not to chase trophies while playing, except the missable ones. Like GTA V, this is just too big of a game, you could easily burn yourself out. Just enjoy the game on your first play through. If youíre still keen to chase trophies after that, go for it. If not, youíll be glad you didnít agonise over them while playing through the game.

Again, just my advice. I did eventually get the platinum for GTA V, but replaying the missions to get gold was a pain in the arse, Iím so glad I didnít put myself through that while playing through the game itself for the first time.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 07-11-2018 at 04:12 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    K_W_R_G
    XBLA
    N/A

My advice, for whatever itís worth, is not to chase trophies while playing, except the missable ones. Like GTA V, this is just too big of a game, you could easily burn yourself out. Just enjoy the game on your first play through. If youíre still keen to chase trophies after that, go for it. If not, youíll be glad you didnít agonise over them while playing through the game.

Again, just my advice. I did eventually get the platinum for GTA V, but replaying the missions to get gold was a pain in the arse, Iím so glad I didnít put myself through that while playing through the game itself for the first time.

I 100% agree Iím not chasing trophies just enjoying the game I only looked into it because I saw the trophy popped up in the PlayStation feed and that night while I was browsing YouTube ( have a four week old atm so nothing else to do at 2am) there was a vid about the missable trophy.

More curious then anything.

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

I'd like to know how many people can be in a gang in multiplayer when it's up and running... there's a scene in the main game of about 8 riding down a road off to do something... and I thought how good would it be to see a AUF gang doing the same thing..

And I've never chased trophies in any of the games I've played.. I just play for enjoyment.

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

There's some shady shit going on with manual saves. Manually saved before attempting to rescue someone outside of a mission. I thought I'd try and avoid alerting the lawmen by opening the chains with a throwing knife, but alas I must have just missed or the auto-aim fucked me but either way I killed him with 1 throwing knife to the ankle (how the fuck does that even work I've managed a lot of times to not OHK people to the heart with those things) so I reloaded. Seemed like a normal reload, new random encounters, nobody seems angry, but the guy I want to rescue, still dead. Fuck you rockstar.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    There's some shady shit going on with manual saves. Manually saved before attempting to rescue someone outside of a mission. I thought I'd try and avoid alerting the lawmen by opening the chains with a throwing knife, but alas I must have just missed or the auto-aim fucked me but either way I killed him with 1 throwing knife to the ankle (how the fuck does that even work I've managed a lot of times to not OHK people to the heart with those things) so I reloaded. Seemed like a normal reload, new random encounters, nobody seems angry, but the guy I want to rescue, still dead. Fuck you rockstar.
    Are you sure you didnít accidentally reload from the auto save? It loves to update the auto save whenever you fuck something up in my experience!

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally reload from the auto save? It loves to update the auto save whenever you fuck something up in my experience!

yep, definitely reloaded the manual save (twice, reloaded the manual save, went into a store and bought some stuff which triggered a new autosave, then loaded the manual save again once I realized something was wrong). I'm going to be pissed if I've screwed myself here on this save (more pissed at R* for their shitty save system), I plowed through the story over the weekend so I could go back and do a full do everything and avoid the story playthrough, just got the legend of the east satchel, and that encounter would have given me a weapon that you usually need to unlock.
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 07-11-2018 at 08:43 PM.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Had an amazing prolonged shootout when taking on a gang outpost. I saved the clip too, might have to make a video.

It began with me sniping from afar, after two head-shots the bullets began to whiz by my ears as the crack of gunfire echoed throughout the hills. How good are the gun effects man.

I strafed across the field to the nearest tree, bullets peppering it just as fast as the taunts from the enemy. I poked my head out and nearly lost it, fired two blind shots to put the enemy head's down a peg and made my way to a fallen tree for cover.

Snipers taking pot shots at me so after removing a brain from one man's body I pushed forward to a rock and pulled out my shotgun.

Head-shot to the guy in the barn after he unwisely came back up for air, I set about scoping the fella on the Gatling, but before I could line up a shot a brave buffoon charged towards me, I unleashed fiery hell upon the fence he held for cover, undoing the labour of some poor soul who had most probably suffered splinters one summer in making, now the splinters joined the slug from my shotgun in sending that man to his maker.

Back to the scope, my target in view, I lined up the shot and out of his head, his eye it did spew.

So now I hit the wall and smash the window to the main house, I feel uneasy, too quiet, so try to make my way back around only to hear the footsteps of impeding doom approaching.

I turn back and face two foes all up in my business, one fires and misses! I fire my gun but my slugs hit the stacked firewood. The fella closest to me fires with me simultaneously, we both miss again! he lets out a cry "SHIT!"

My semi auto put his misery to an end as his partner regathers, he fires and hits the wood by my ear as I fire and take out the fence behind him. So now we are both so near, separated by a few logs, he stands up and meets his end, I give one body a kickin' just to make sure he is through.

Now the final confrontation, in the barn. I know there are a few in there, no map to see and the blinding sun makes the interior so dark that I can barely see the silhouettes, I try to fire from the hip and get a few hits before flanking to the door, some more harsh words and fire to and fro so I flank around further, taking out a fella in the windmill.

As he fell, his scream masked my run, I flanked to the front of the barn and finally caught a glimpse of an enemy in silhouette, a rifle shot to the neck and he was down, any other survivors fled the scene.

As I popped some pumpkins to celebrate my victory I went to sleep in the upstairs quarters.

This game.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I saved the clip too, might have to make a video.
    For great justice.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

RDR2 has sold 17 million copies in its first 8 days:
    On October 26th, Rockstar Games launched its highly-anticipated Red Dead Redemption 2, the labelís first game built from the ground up for the current console generation. Red Dead Redemption 2 has received outstanding reviews, with numerous critics awarding the title a perfect score. The title is now tied with Grand Theft Auto V as the highest rated title on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with a 97 Metacritic score. A massive commercial success, Red Dead Redemption 2 has set numerous records, including achieving the biggest opening weekend in the history of entertainment, with over $725 million in retail sell-through during its first three days. Red Dead Redemption 2 sold-in more units in its first 8 days than the original blockbuster Red Dead Redemption sold in its first 8 years and, as of today, the title has sold-in over 17 million units worldwide.
    http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zht...cle&ID=2375981

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Hiding in barn at night during a thunderstorm, while bounty hunters search for you from house to house, is thrilling, hearing their spurs as the walk up the stairs and jumping out the window to make off with one of their horses, good stuff.

There are a few small thing I hope they update, QOL issues.

When you are maintaining a weapon, it would be nice to be able to switch to the next weapon and clean that without having to exit out and select the weapon wheel each time.

Have an option in the wardrobe to reset all clothes back to underwear or something, so you can create outfits faster.

You can remove gloves in the item wheel, would be nice if you could remove hats, boots, and drop weapons this way as well.

Also when you bring the compendium up after a notification it would be nice if you could get back out of it by pressing options button, you can do it when you manually enter the compendium from the menu screen.
    Last edited by Smajs; 08-11-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Fuck, I went back to that shack where I took the Semi auto shotgun from the old woman, I wanted to see if I could repay her...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Hereís a cool interview with the cast, I thought it was a very interesting read:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...s-made-1157998

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Itís interesting to see the sales figures. Single player is dead they say...

But it has me wondering. These are great sales figures that I am wondering if rockstar is happy with them. Annually released buggy games like BF, Creed or even Far Cry series or the CoD series which is essentially the same game for the past decade are selling in record numbers. But Rockstar has clearly put a lot more time into this game than the before mentioned.

Are they happy with the sales? are they banking on the money churning in from online like GTA? Because the previous RDR didnít have much traction online. Even the older GTA 4 had a very large online presence on PC.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Itís interesting to see the sales figures. Single player is dead they say...

But it has me wondering. These are great sales figures that I am wondering if rockstar is happy with them. Annually released buggy games like BF, Creed or even Far Cry series or the CoD series which is essentially the same game for the past decade are selling in record numbers. But Rockstar has clearly put a lot more time into this game than the before mentioned.

Are they happy with the sales? are they banking on the money churning in from online like GTA? Because the previous RDR didnít have much traction online. Even the older GTA 4 had a very large online presence on PC.
    The number I saw bandied about for total development cost was $300 million - not sure how accurate that is. But if true, it means they turned a $425 million dollar profit in the first 8 days. I expect theyíd be quite happy with that

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Just finished the main game and now in the 2nd epilogue..

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

The number I saw bandied about for total development cost was $300 million - not sure how accurate that is. But if true, it means they turned a $425 million dollar profit in the first 8 days. I expect theyíd be quite happy with that

Yeah but that 17,000,000 copies sold are actually the units sold to retailers, not to consumers. Still thatís a good number of units sold. And from rockstars point of view, a sale is a sale, whether to retailers or consumer.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

If you equip a long melee weapon such as a machete, you can hold circle to ready a swing, or press circle for a quick swing while on horseback, sometimes forget to be a cowboy, lop off heads and arms like a viking, especially with the gear to match.

Also, some of the side missions and encounters can be a little sobering.

EDIT - I went back to the Appleseed Timber Co. and the change to the landscape was unexpected and impressive, feels like a living world that alters around you.
    Last edited by Smajs; 10-11-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Seen youtube footage of a spot where you can farm for rare and elite horses. As like rare cars in gta5..am yet to try it..
    Last edited by keppida; 10-11-2018 at 08:11 PM.