PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    Is this it? Read about that earlier

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.fo...droid-optus-au

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that's the one. No information on what it is yet, but I love Bioware games.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

After finally getting this to work ok on my computer I've spent a bit more time with it and am actually enjoying it. Had a great time mucking about with Monky Fri night just driving around and causing havoc, I can see it will be great fun with a team.

Even on your own it's ok I like how you can go about everything any way you like, your AI squad is only slightly stupid. I've never been one for stealth games so if you choose you can just blast your way in, via armoured car or chopper has become my favourite way to do this. Pretty satisfying blasting enemy cars and seeing them blow up. And on about my 4th go I just managed to complete the steal and land the f***ing plane mission, plane flies like a pig.

Wouldn't say it's a day one buy will see how the reviews pan out first, but fun.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

After finally getting this to work ok on my computer I've spent a bit more time with it and am actually enjoying it. Had a great time mucking about with Monky Fri night just driving around and causing havoc, I can see it will be great fun with a team.

Even on your own it's ok I like how you can go about everything any way you like, your AI squad is only slightly stupid. I've never been one for stealth games so if you choose you can just blast your way in, via armoured car or chopper has become my favourite way to do this. Pretty satisfying blasting enemy cars and seeing them blow up. And on about my 4th go I just managed to complete the steal and land the f***ing plane mission, plane flies like a pig.

Wouldn't say it's a day one buy will see how the reviews pan out first, but fun.

Yeah I've played it for a few hours today and thought it was pretty good. It would've been better to play it with other AUFers, but even with randoms I thought it was pretty good. It'll be like the Division for me I think, something to pick up when it eventually hits the bargain bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Yeah I've played it for a few hours today and thought it was pretty good. It would've been better to play it with other AUFers, but even with randoms I thought it was pretty good. It'll be like the Division for me I think, something to pick up when it eventually hits the bargain bin.

How'd it perform on the pro?

Lot of people having probs with PC version.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

I got into the beta but my wife has been sick so wont get to play before beta is up. If you do see me playing its Jack, my son. Doesnt help that he keeps telling me how much fun he is having. Said the only thing he has found is the vehicle handling. As i told him if thats its only fault at the moment then its going well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

Only real issue I've found is the helicopter handling, but now that I've spent some time flying them around, I've got the hang of it.

Nearly 20hrs logged in the closed beta, and can honestly say, I haven't been this keen for a game in a long time. Thoroughly enjoy all aspects of the game

Sent from outside the wire via radio comms

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Never got a code
    My biggest worry is the longevity of this game. Only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring and stale 'cough' division 'cough'
    They have said there will be pvp and is a big concern that they have not elaborated and its not in the beta.
    Too many BETTER pve games released around same time Horizon zero and Mass Effect

To Valhalla i ride

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jc_015
    XBLA
    N/A

Finished all the story missions last night - not bad but not sold on it at the moment. Plenty more things to kill then the Division when it came out (remember walking the streets and not finding any enemies!), vehicle handling interesting as others have mentioned but overall enjoyed it more as I got into it.

Only played solo so would be interesting to see how it runs with other AUFers.

AUF Full Member - Base Install
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    PSN
    billz_1508

Well i enjoyed it but probably because it's similar to Farcry. It lacks a little direction but maybe that's because there are only 6 story missions in the beta.

Was good jumping on with AstiffBreeze and TP and taking on some side missions.
    Unfortunately not like GRAW 2 like i was hoping.

Either way i will be buying on release or pre-ordering.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    Never got a code
    Have one left if you want it mate ?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

I got a chance to play the Beta a bit more, finished all of the story missions (6) and got a chance to squad up with Tallpaul and ex-AUF stalwart Billz.

The graphics are pretty good, especially for an open world game. The animations aren't amazing, but the draw distance is great and pop-in is fairly minimal (helped by the simpler geometry of Bolivia). Sound is OK: it's not as good as the Division, but you're almost always using silenced weapons anyway.

Story is minimal, much like the Division. There is one, but there aren't really any 'proper' characters (just caricatures). It's not even as good as the old Mercenaries games on that front, it's more like Just Cause, but with slightly more direction. Weird for a Tom Clancy game.

Gameplay is pretty good; there's a big emphasis on stealth so it plays like a watered down version of MGS V. The open world feels a lot like Mercenaries or Just Cause, where you have various factions cruising around. Combat encounters/gunplay feels pretty good; it's no MGS V, but it's OK. It feels like Mercenaries crossed with the Division on that front.

The networking side of things is a bit hit and miss. It's P2P, so if you get a dodgy host then all sorts of weird shit happens. With a decent host it was OK though.

The biggest problem the game has is traversal. It's a big world, so getting around is crucial. Unfortunately the vehicle physics and controls are really terrible; coming from GTA V this feels like a last gen game. A dude in a yowie suit on a dirt bike flying up and over a mountain should be amazing, but in this game it's more tedium than charm. The choppers are really disappointing too with really limited speed; it might be due to engine constraints, but again coming from GTA V it felt really backwards. You can eventually unlock a perk where the rebels will bring you vehicles (including choppers), but that whole process and associated mechanics needed to be a focus of the game, and they feel more like an afterthought.

Probably the best thing about the game is the drone, it works really well and is integrated seamlessly. I'd be surprised if it doesn't become a staple of these sorts of games going forward.

In summary, it's pretty good, and feels a lot like Mercenaries, Just Cause, and MGS V. But it lacks the over the top hilarity of Mercenaries and Just Cause without air strikes, vehicle diversity, or the grappling hook/wing suit. It doesn't have the story chops of MGS V, nor do the combat mechanics come close to that game. But it does a lot of things pretty well, and is fun to play. I'll reiterate what I said earlier, which is that I'll probably pick it up down the track when it's in the bargain bin.

How'd it perform on the pro?

Lot of people having probs with PC version.
    Didn't notice any drops on the Pro. Didn't have any crashes either, although I did see some weird (and funny) bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    My biggest worry is the longevity of this game. Only so many times you can replay a mission before it gets boring and stale 'cough' division 'cough'
    They have said there will be pvp and is a big concern that they have not elaborated and its not in the beta.
    This is very much in line with the Division, in that while there is technically a story, it's devoid of any real characters. One thing it does have going for it in contrast to the Division is the sheer size of the world though, you can see that the Beta is set inside a tiny region of the map, and yet it's still a very good size. There is going to be good diversity in terms of environments too (part of the reason they chose Bolivia I'm sure), from tropics to arid areas to alpine regions.

I don't know if the story missions will feel unique enough to carry interest though, the combat encounters all tend to play out the same way. MGS V offered a huge number of gadgets/weapons/options to get around that, but this game doesn't really offer anything like that sort of variety. It does have co-op, but four player stealth co-op is a pretty tall order, even for the most organised and disciplined gamers.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Thanks for joining last night stiffy. Pretty much agree with your write up above. Its not a bad game but I dont think theres a point of difference enough for it to last.

Probably not a game Ill buy.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Thanks for joining last night stiffy. Pretty much agree with your write up above. Its not a bad game but I dont think theres a point of difference enough for it to last.

Probably not a game Ill buy.
    I'm kicking myself for not capturing that shootout we had with the Unidad forces at the end, that was pretty hectic!

The only footage I have is me clearing an outpost solo just after I started playing, which is a little mundane in comparison, but it still gives a reasonable idea of what the game is like for anyone on the fence. I'll try and upload it tonight, the PS4 seemed to have lost my YouTube account association this morning and was refusing to let me log in.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Yeah pretty good take on it Stiffy, I wasn't overly impressed either and agree with your "bargain bin" title pick up.

Its not the game I was hoping for considering we are looking for next Gen. titles from this genre it feels tacky.

Vehicle control & physics scheme, your not wrong, felt like going backwards in time. Cars etc drive like Watchdogs 1 which was pretty shite wasn't it lets not even start with the air controls. Don't forget the lack of vehicle damage mechanics when rolling off a mountain. There are none, lol Quite funny popping a grenade into your squad mates car watching it blow up with them on fire then they just get out after the fire burns out unscratched.

I felt it had a bit of a Far Cry in the environment myself, with a splash of division combat mechanics, with crap AI. Although the hit mechanic on yourself is terrible, and it is hard to know where your getting hit from at times the orange aura thing on your firing combatant with a little "tink" sound when you are hit is lame. It should sound the same as your hit sound when you fire into body mass, but it doesn't, it sounds cheap and not thought out well.

Yeah the game just seemed under polished to me no real story line of substance when the Bolivian drug cartel theme has so much more history on offer for story idea's. The missions were overly short for the map traveling time, it doesn't feel rewarding for the distance traveled around the map. Oh yeah the map scaling is terrible as well, you place a waypoint that says like 2 km then you look out over the panoramic and it views more like 10 km's or more? Bad grid scaling right there.

There are some good points, but yeah agreed the best thing is the drone. Shame as was hoping for a great title here but not to be. Bargain Bin hunter title at best also my view.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Here's a 6 minute vid of me clearing an outpost solo. Unfortunately it's the only footage I've got, but if you can excuse my poor gameplay it gives a reasonable idea of what the combat mechanics are like:

And this one isn't mine, but it gives a reasonable idea of what the vehicles are like:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Here's a 6 minute vid of me clearing an outpost solo. Unfortunately it's the only footage I've got, but if you can excuse my poor gameplay it gives a reasonable idea of what the combat mechanics are like:

Arggh, When you tried to fire up through the grated steel walkway that is one of my annoyances in games, it is like the game treats it as a solid object so bullets cannot penetrate though the gaps. Like in some games where you cannot shoot through the spaces between stairs. Frustrating how they tease you with it ha ha.

That sniper rifle looked pretty satisfying. How about the shotguns? Nice kickback hopefully.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Arggh, When you tried to fire up through the grated steel walkway that is one of my annoyances in games, it is like the game treats it as a solid object so bullets cannot penetrate though the gaps. Like in some games where you cannot shoot through the spaces between stairs. Frustrating how they tease you with it ha ha.

That sniper rifle looked pretty satisfying. How about the shotguns? Nice kickback hopefully.
    I never got a chance to try a shotgun unfortunately, although suppressed weapons are a bit of a must. You get two large weapons, and one sidearm. Once I had everything unlocked I had a suppressed sniper rifle, suppressed assault rifle with underslung grenade launcher, and suppressed pistol. Hopefully you can unlock a sawn-off shotgun for the sidearm class though, because you'd never use the pistol.

--> CLICK HERE <--

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

For what it's worth, you can fire through slits in steps and chain link fences, with even limited penetration through materials like tin, canvas and wooden fences.

Spent a bit of time exploring outside the map too, pretty neat.

Am able to answer most questions about the gameplay if anyone has any queries

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    For what it's worth, you can fire through slits in steps and chain link fences, with even limited penetration through materials like tin, canvas and wooden fences.

Spent a bit of time exploring outside the map too, pretty neat.

Am able to answer most questions about the gameplay if anyone has any queries

Is it going to be repetitive?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OldSarum View Post
    Is it going to be repetitive?

There should be an open beta soon when you can try it for yourself.

But yes

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

There should be an open beta soon when you can try it for yourself.

But yes

Yeah I signed up for a code last minute because I didbt know applications were open. Missed out in the end. Would have liked to try it out

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

It is going to be repetitive and also repetitive.

Worth playing the beta though, it's a fun game for a few hours.

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

Considering the beta only showcased one region out of 21, and assuming each region has just as much, possibly more missions of varying types as well as side missions, I would say yes it may get repetitive but I guess it depends on your view of what is repetitive. I found the beta extremely fun, and replayed most missions several times through, trialling different tactics and approaches, yet didn't find any of the missions repetitive in the negative sense. What I found very enjoyable was patrolling/exploring a certain region and just looking around, engaging the enemy, setting up ambushes etc.

AUF Full Member - Base Install
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    PSN
    billz_1508

I agree. Repetitive, but enjoyed doing each side mission just as much as the first time played.

I am a bit disappointed that PVP is most likely going to be released at a later date. I miss the graw 2 days and was hoping this would bring back some memories.

Sent from my F8332 using Tapatalk

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

Open beta coming up this weekend for anyone who missed entry to the closed beta and still wants to give it a crack, starts either Thursday or Friday and goes until Monday

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

It is going to be repetitive and also repetitive.

Worth playing the beta though, it's a fun game for a few hours.
    So it has the division hype?? Lol

Want some candy

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I dont think its had anything like the hype the D got. I have also never played the Division cos of the hype it got. Wildlands is pretty good though, just not a game I could play for an extended period.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I dont think its had anything like the hype the D got. I have also never played the Division cos of the hype it got. Wildlands is pretty good though, just not a game I could play for an extended period.
    It's such a great concept, the execution (particularly with the vehicles) just lets it down.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

The preload with the open beta is available now, 22 odd gig to download