Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 181 to 205 of 205

Thread: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

  1. #181
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) OvACoNfIDeNT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Out the bay
    Posts
    1,107
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K_W_R_G View Post
    Played some campaign last night solo really enjoyed it. Iíve cleared most of the first area with one story mission to go. Had a look at the weapons found a couple I want to use so Iím thinking Iíll hit them next.

    Going to play solo for a couple of days get the feel then play some pvp maybe later in the week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Worthwhile going for a look for the M4A1 and the MSR Sniper.
    They're both in the hardest spots but worth the time.

    https://www.primagames.com/games/tom...t-sniper-rifle


    Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you



  2. #182
    AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,352
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Don't forget the HTI - one shot helicopters for days

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  3. #183
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) French_Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,647
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    French_Maiden

    Default

    Well after the COD release, this was the state of the PVP ...



    Although it also was early Sunday morning, probably the slowest time of the whole week. It was better yesterday arvo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #184
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,443
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by French_Maiden View Post
    Well after the COD release, this was the state of the PVP ...



    Although it also was early Sunday morning, probably the slowest time of the whole week. It was better yesterday arvo.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've been on Fortnight as I knew the player base was going to take a massive hit. If you see me on send me an invite.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  5. #185
    AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Radelaide
    Posts
    501
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Thats why i brought that which i swore i would never buy again.
    S&D if fun but fffffffffukkkkk do i suk

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

  6. #186
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,772
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    Thats why i brought that which i swore i would never buy again.
    S&D if fun but fffffffffukkkkk do i suk

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Iíll have it this arvo if you wanna loose together haha


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

  7. #187
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) French_Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    2,647
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    French_Maiden

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centaurus-201 View Post
    Thats why i brought that which i swore i would never buy again.
    S&D if fun but fffffffffukkkkk do i suk

    Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    The last couple Iíve bought and played it for a couple of days and thatís it. Iím fairly sure Iíd do the same again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    I've been on Fortnight as I knew the player base was going to take a massive hit. If you see me on send me an invite.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Will do




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #188
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,140
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

    Default

    Turn around.


  9. #189
    AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,573
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

    Default

    I'm playing Ghost Recon multiplayer again. They have added 3 new classes and a handfull of maps. And it feels very solid. Like a cross between Rainbow Six Siege and Arma

    The player base seems pretty good right now. No issues getting into matches at all.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  10. #190
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSarum View Post
    I'm playing Ghost Recon multiplayer again. They have added 3 new classes and a handfull of maps. And it feels very solid. Like a cross between Rainbow Six Siege and Arma

    The player base seems pretty good right now. No issues getting into matches at all.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    It sold quite well, so I'd imagine player base should be fine for a while yet.

    I'd grab it, if not for the PS2-era vehicle controls. With good vehicle controls it could've been an amazing game, the environments are incredible and the way encounters play out is great too. But after GTA you just can't go back to these sorts of vehicle controls, they're about 10 years out of date


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  11. #191
    AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N.S.W
    Posts
    17,724
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    It sold quite well, so I'd imagine player base should be fine for a while yet.

    I'd grab it, if not for the PS2-era vehicle controls. With good vehicle controls it could've been an amazing game, the environments are incredible and the way encounters play out is great too. But after GTA you just can't go back to these sorts of vehicle controls, they're about 10 years out of date


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Why donít console games have custom button mapping yet?


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

  12. #192
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

    Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Why donít console games have custom button mapping yet?


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    They already do! There's actually OS-level button re-mapping on the PS4.

    Unfortunately, controls are a lot more than button mappings, there's sensitivities and thresholds, responsiveness/input lag, physics, in-game vehicle parameters, etc.



    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  13. #193
    AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,573
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

    Default

    I was more talking about 4v4 Ghost War multiplayer. There are no vehicles. Its basically Rainbow Six siege but in the jungle, desert, mountain village, lumberyard etc.

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  14. #194
    AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N.S.W
    Posts
    17,724
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    They already do! There's actually OS-level button re-mapping on the PS4.

    Unfortunately, controls are a lot more than button mappings, there's sensitivities and thresholds, responsiveness/input lag, physics, in-game vehicle parameters, etc.



    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    That changes it for every game though doesn't it? I mean for individual games.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

  15. #195
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    That changes it for every game though doesn't it? I mean for individual games.
    Yeah it's OS-level


    Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  16. #196
    AUF Full Member - Base Install
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Ourimbah NSW
    Posts
    58
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    pocketwhat
    XBLA
    Not active now ... picket what

    Default

    Cent tape and I with others were playing a lot of PvP when it first dropped really enjoyed the tactical element .... May have to jump back in and check it out

  17. #197
    AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,573
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pocketwhat View Post
    Cent tape and I with others were playing a lot of PvP when it first dropped really enjoyed the tactical element .... May have to jump back in and check it out
    Yeah its really good.and heaps better balanced without thermal scopes

    Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

  18. #198
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    The full game is free to play this weekend. Itís a big download but worth a look if youíre interested.

    The game is on sale for $25 until the 4th of October if you like what you see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  19. #199
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    North East Victoria
    Posts
    2,011
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Is it worth a download?

    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

  20. #200
    AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,346
    Clan
    .
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Is it worth a download?

    Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    If its free then yes!

  21. #201
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

    I bought it. I played a fair bit of it over the weekend (got some time in with OkiiOtoko, hecandangle, and Chiips) and enjoyed it. I said after the Beta that Iíd pick it up once it hit the bargain bin, and at $25 it has, and so I did

    Some of the other guys were saying that the graphics were disappointing, but the landscapes look absolutely amazing in the Pro, with fantastic clarity and draw distance. The customisation is great too (both character and weapons).

    As I said after the Beta though, the vehicle controls are horrific (and part of that is actually the camera as well). Itís a shame, because so much of your time in an open world game is spent in vehicles, and if they feel good to use then your game will feel great to play. If this game had GTA quality vehicle controls then it would be a must buy.

    It really makes me pine for a new Mercenaries game though. I miss the airstrikes and over the top nature of that game.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 24-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  22. #202
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,140
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

    Default

    Is there level scaling in this? Such as if a new player joins, can they squad up and freely play in another's campaign? or do they have to catch up to that point in the story first?

    I don't have the time to slog it out to catch up but I wouldn't mind the occasional sortie in the weeks until RDR2 drops.

  23. #203
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

    Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Is there level scaling in this? Such as if a new player joins, can they squad up and freely play in another's campaign? or do they have to catch up to that point in the story first?

    I don't have the time to slog it out to catch up but I wouldn't mind the occasional sortie in the weeks until RDR2 drops.
    Iím not entirely certain. You do have character levels, but I canít really see how it affects your character directly, it just seems to unlock certain weapons etc. I donít think it affects your health or enemy difficulty, I think those things are fixed outside of the skill point system for upgrades.

    When playing co-op, somebody is the host but I think everyone can see their own missions: once one person starts one, everyone in the group gets an option to join it.

    I donít believe there are many real blocks in terms of mission progression. You can go to any region, regardless of difficulty, right from the start of the game and start doing missions there. The only blocks are that you need to finish the missions for a certain number of bosses before you can take on a head boss in that area, etc.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 25-09-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

  24. #204
    AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,922
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

    Default

    From the short amount I've played with others who are max level "30" an me being low level, you can run any of their missions, although the AI difficulty is more advanced than yours, and if you have a full co-op squad the difficulty increases with each non NPC squad mate, and you at low level are literally a ball and chain to the rest of the squad. But it does allow you to boost level up faster and get unlocks quicker I believe.
    Then there is the Tier system after level 30 explained here : LINK ( level progression is very similair in part to Ubisofts Division.)

    I was the same, and only brought it for bargain $$, having played the beta, those vehicle mechanics were/are atrocious, that and the hit register sound "beep" when an enemy tags you , just put me off so much I nwas never going to buy it at full price. The rest of the game is great, and if they had fixed these 2 terrible mechanics I recon they would have had the best Ghost Recon yet but that wasn't to be.
    Ubisoft are without doubt improving their shooter games and are one to watch future titles.

  25. #205
    AUF Leader AStiffBreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    22,788
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    I donít think the leveling system does anything other than award you skill points, which you can use to buy upgrades. The Tier 1 game mode is a separate thing (and wasnít even in the game at release), so I donít think there are any issues there. Iím not sure if enemies scale at all in relation to your level, but if they have itís completely imperceptible to me, so I suspect that none of that stuff should affect the co-op experience. My most used weapons I got within the first hour of the game or so, and the skills donít really make a huge difference to gameplay.

    There are some special missions in the game that take influence from other Ubisoft games or even movies, and the two that I tried so far were very difficult but also very cool.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

    --> CLICK HERE <--

    to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •