Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo Sport

Super Muderator AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) mudman05's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Haha get out there & race Hec! Just got my first race podium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in joining AUF?

Then follow the link ---> HERE <--- to learn how

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

As far as the core gameplay goes, physics are definitely a step down from PCARs, sounds are still GT standard, and it's painfully obvious that the reason GT Sport is so online focused is because PD just can't do decent AI for shit, and try to disguise it by having arcade racers continue to be nothing more than chasing incredibly inconsistently quick AI rabbits on rubber bands that don't conform to the same physics as the player.

Livery editer was a very nice addition though, doesn't look as half assed as I thought it would.

Totally not surprised that in the dealership, literally every nissan is a GTR of some description.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I like it so far. It is a typical GT game in every aspect. So really no surprises.

Really happy with the paint customisation on cars. Havenít tried decals on standard cars.

Just doing the campaign mode stuff at the moment. But yeah itís alright. Disappointed in the music though. Not really fussed on Japanese smooth jazz and whatever else that crap is.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Totally not surprised that in the dealership, literally every nissan is a GTR of some description.
    In the dealerships, literally every Subaru is a WRX, literally every Mitsubishi is a Lancer, literally every Jaguar is an F-Type... and I honestly don't have a problem with that

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    I like it so far. It is a typical GT game in every aspect. So really no surprises.
    After a grand total of one Arcade mode race, I agree. It's nice to play a driving game where everything just works consistently. It felt very natural driving my car.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Disappointed in the music though. Not really fussed on Japanese smooth jazz and whatever else that crap is.
    Like you said, a typical GT game in every aspect

In the music list (My Library > Music), the non-menu music starts at Dis Generation by A Tribe Called Quest. Daiki kasho represent

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default Gran Turismo Sport

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    After a grand total of one Arcade mode race, I agree. It's nice to play a driving game where everything just works consistently. It felt very natural driving my car.
    Wasnít aware they programmed in a potential loss of power steering

They used to have some decent western band songs in their games at one point. A while ago admittedly lol

I do like the way you can modify the centre display to show lap history, track position etc.
    Last edited by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY; 09-10-2017 at 10:42 PM.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I keep indicating for every corner in the race, oddly satisfying ha.

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) The5amkebab's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    the5amkebab
    XBLA
    N/A

Good fun so far, Sport mode is where its at for me, good, clean, competitive multiplayer racing. One thing about the difference between Sport mode and the online lobbies though, I would have thought you'd have to unlock cars and complete some assignments or licences to be able to race in certain events in Sport mode but it seems the other way around in this demo. It gives the impression you'll be able to race in any car in any class in sport mode but are limited to what cars you've acquired in the lobby mode. Maybe I'm getting mixed up with what I've read about Project Cars 2 but is this how its going to be in the final game or will you need to level up and unlock cars for sport mode?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Anyone got gold in 6-1? I missed it by 2 tenths. I geared for acceleration and disabled Traction control, wheel spin prevented me exiting the final bend fast though.

Game feels great t go with the looks.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Anyone got gold in 6-1? I missed it by 2 tenths. I geared for acceleration and disabled Traction control, wheel spin prevented me exiting the final bend fast though.

Game feels great t go with the looks.
    Silver was the best I could get, I was way off gold (the only gold I didn't get up to that point). I did the same as you setup-wise. It's such a weird track section, I suspect LSD tweaking is going to be key.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Ha ha , the first time i attempted it as Gymkhana and was hand-braking those corners like a motherfucker, then I crossed the line at 40 seconds. Next three attempts were all so close damn it.

Customization is deep, even with all the settings in the world I don't think I will hit it by any more than a millisecond.

Me on that section.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Default Gran Turismo Sport

Well we might be able to have some online races as I was able to create a room for friends list only, so whoís up for an AUF Demo night?

@ Smajs save handbrakes for our nights I was able to get gold after a few tries

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

On the subject of 6-1, I don't think that one assigns a fixed car, you can use any Gr.B car in your garage (the first car the game gives everyone is a Gr.B car). Maybe different cars will make that one easier/harder? That said, I'm sure gold is doable in my car (Lancer Evo Gr.B), the problem is me

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) hecandangle's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hecandangle
    XBLA
    N/A

Really no le mans though? I just.. Really don't understand. I love le mans

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hecandangle View Post
    Really no le mans though? I just.. Really don't understand. I love le mans

It's in the scapes mode, so you can take pictures of your car there, but not race there. Which is either the biggest 'fuck you' in the history of gaming... or it's coming as DLC.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Which is either the biggest 'fuck you' in the history of gaming... or it's coming as DLC.
    To be honest, both of those outcomes are the same. Having it in the base game to take photos, but not having the ability to race there is an even bigger 'fuck you' if it's DLC considering A: it's in the base game allready and B: it's been in at least the last two iterations of the title.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

To be honest, both of those outcomes are the same. Having it in the base game to take photos, but not having the ability to race there is an even bigger 'fuck you' if it's DLC considering A: it's in the base game allready and B: it's been in at least the last two iterations of the title.
    It's not in the base game already though. The scapes mode isn't a track built in the game, it's a small area built from source photos that captures light data, etc. It's a background and you can then bring a model into it and light it correctly (with shadows) for taking photos. In the case of Circuit de la Sarthe I've only seen the pits as a scape.

After the massive backlash against standard car models in GT5 and GT6, PD was never going to just bring previous gen assets in, they've reworked everything from the ground up. It does suck that there are so few tracks, but I'd rather them be good. If you look at footage of Dragon Trail from the closed beta, it looked horrific. I'd rather fewer tracks polished properly (like Dragon Trail is now) rather than a heap of tracks that looked like Dragon Trail did in March.

Many tracks come and go from the GT games. One of my favourites, Seattle, has been MIA since GT4

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

No le mans really does suck, but at least we have Bathurst still. Just checked & I havenít done 6-1, in fact hadnít really done any of that whole section, but will tonight

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Need that AUF logo.

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) hecandangle's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hecandangle
    XBLA
    N/A

Sorry, no spa as well? Wtf kaz. This is officially prologue

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

One thing I'll say about the netcode: it seems bulletproof. I only got on for one race late last night, and was the only Aussie in the lobby. Every other player (23 in total) was from Hong Kong, Korea, or Japan. Despite that, the game ran beautifully with no lag, teleporting, or really any unpredictable movement at all.

It just felt like racing against (bad) AI in SP. I was very impressed given how shithouse the old GT nights used to be! We'd have dudes teleporting everywhere, there'd always be at least one player that nobody else could see, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    Need that AUF logo.

Nice! I'm rocking the AUF colour scheme too

I'll try to dig up that SVG file so it's ready to go for the final game. I'll try and grab the correct HSV values for the AUF colour as well, so that we can all match. If you look good, you are good

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

It's not in the base game already though. The scapes mode isn't a track built in the game, it's a small area built from source photos that captures light data, etc. It's a background and you can then bring a model into it and light it correctly (with shadows) for taking photos. In the case of Circuit de la Sarthe I've only seen the pits as a scape.

After the massive backlash against standard car models in GT5 and GT6, PD was never going to just bring previous gen assets in, they've reworked everything from the ground up. It does suck that there are so few tracks, but I'd rather them be good. If you look at footage of Dragon Trail from the closed beta, it looked horrific. I'd rather fewer tracks polished properly (like Dragon Trail is now) rather than a heap of tracks that looked like Dragon Trail did in March.

Many tracks come and go from the GT games. One of my favourites, Seattle, has been MIA since GT4

There's a difference between cars, which have always recieved a massive graphical upgrade, and tracks. Anything that isn't the road surface or the walls the player can physically hit have allways been pretty lackluster graphically.

I may be misremembering how good/bad the tracks looked in GT6, but I haven't noticed that much of an upgrade in the stuff that is on the side of the tracks like buildings and trees etc. and given that le mans was probably laser scanned like bathurst, they've most likely still got the track surface data, which will be way higher res than anything that will ever reach the game and they'd have retopologised/downscaled it for its use in GT5/6. Assuming they did laser scan it, and haven't trashed that data, it would have been far easier to start with that and give a slight upgrade to the non-surface trackside stuff than to do a completely new track instead.

If it's coming as DLC, they basically say, we thought it was more important to have a really good looking version of the pits for you to take photos in than a decent looking version of the track at launch. It won't be an issue if it's free DLC of course, but I wouldn't expect it to be.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

There's a difference between cars, which have always recieved a massive graphical upgrade, and tracks. Anything that isn't the road surface or the walls the player can physically hit have allways been pretty lackluster graphically.
    Take a look at these Brands Hatch shots from GTS to see how much effort has gone into the new tracks:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

BTW, before anyone kills themeselves trying to get all golds in the campaign section, be aware that those won't carry over to the final game, going by what's on the official site:

Participation Bonuses
    The following data content can be carried over to the final product version when it releases:
    ・In-game credits (up to a limit)
    ・Mileage points (up to a limit)
    ・Cars acquired (up to a limit)
    ・Online contents such as photos and livery set data shared in the game are also expected to be carried over into the final product version.)
    http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5863055.html

I believe the credit limit is 1,000,000 and the car limit is 8. I'm not sure what the mileage point limit is.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Oh well, I enjoy replaying the tests for better times anyway.

In terms of online, in the settings catch up ,aka rubber-banding, is on by default eh? Called boost in this. can be disabled, as well as correct vehicle course and replace cars when leave track. Now I can finally skid in the dirt without the car being reset back on track, neat.

Also couple of settings.

In display setting I lowered the brightness a bit (Dark section correction) made sure could still see the checkerboard pattern though. Then I raised Exposure correction by a 5 points, looks amazing on every time of day now for me.

Obviously every TV is different, HDR is another beast entirely, but it is nice to have a game with so many image adjustment options. can really get the game to look however you want it, blown out retinas or Noir style Kavinksy cool.

I had to set up that surround sound, default was a bit limp however now the creaks, squeaks and squeals are caressing my ears.

I was thinking about re-mapping the controls as , back to the old right stick for accelerate/brake, don't know if my muscle memory will allow it heh.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

What is the best value bundle to buy this?

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the baddest mother fucker in the god damn valley

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

Yeah I agree Smajs is nice to have options for all of that & even on my 11yr old plasma the picture is good. Can only imagine that it would look even better on a 4K & PS4 pro.
    Tried 6-1 yesterday & this must be for the wheel users as no matter what I tried could not do any better than silver. My best time which is last of everyone was set with everything turned off. I had the wrx & couldnít get it rotating quickly without loosing momentum no matter what I adjusted. Will have to break the wheel out on the weekend as even 6-2 is difficult as you have to pit & AI was aggressive as got punted off two races in a row hit from behind mid corner.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone up for a race tonight? Maybe 8:30 PM AEDT?

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) The5amkebab's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    the5amkebab
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone up for a race tonight? Maybe 8:30 PM AEDT?

Yep, lets do it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by The5amkebab View Post
    Yep, lets do it.
    If you're in Queensland you're still on AEST, so it'd be 7:30 PM for you.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

I should be right Stiff. Be good to test it out