Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4 | Hitman

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I pulled a Homer.

After misjudging the earshot of a bystander in my attempt to persuade my target to venture out of his shelter I found myself in a panic as her screams at my fondling of a corpse alerted the security to my presence, I don't know what I did, but what I did, did good. It was hammer time !

Knocked her out and changed gear right as a guard popped out his noggin to peruse my floggin, I must have timed it so perfectly that his alert was for my previous disguise, bald hair stylist. Now that I was security he muttered something about me searching the area, so as partners I searched while he prepared a body bag.

As I returned from my phantom search he met back with me prompting me to stay alert and that we should watch our backs. I then followed my new partner back to the security center unmolested, upon which I stumbled across my intended target who had fled there for safety, it was at that moment I decided to abrogate my arrangement with my new associates and erase the evidence.

I then strut out towards the party like a boss.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    Don't talk smack about the Hitman TP.

Stiffler is a little TOO into this game if you know what I mean.
    I'm getting grumpy in my old age

Just got sick of all the posts on NeoGAF that berated IO for the episodic model, and then (predictably) changed their tune as soon they actually played the game. If you've played Hitman games prior to Absolution and you take a moment to think about it, you realise immediately how well suited the series is to episodic release: every mission is in a large, distinct setting and time, and has minimal continuity with the missions preceding or following it. There are fewer missions than most games, but they are larger and self contained. If you were going to layout a game that would be perfectly suited to episodic release, then what you'd come up with is exactly what Hitman is.

If you haven't played Hitman games prior to Absolution then fair enough, you wouldn't know what to expect.

Interested in joining AUF? Full instructions can be found HERE.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

More goodies incoming. http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=187999

'Easter is a time for having fun with round, bald-looking objects so we know you’re going to be engaging heavily with Agent 47 this coming weekend. We are happy to see everyone having so much fun with our Escalation Contracts and we have two new ones coming your way later today to really test your mastery of Paris. See below for some details on what to expect from those this week!

Escalation Contracts for w/c 21 March.

Today, we've added two new Escalation Contracts into the game on all platforms. They are live now and you'll find them under 'Escalations' in the Contracts Menu.

We recommend that you go into these Escalations with no hints of what to come, but if you can't resist, there are some slight spoilers about what the objectives and complications are below...

Also some more challenges incoming.

'In the coming weeks, we'll be releasing The Vampire Magician Challenge Pack to give you even more new things to do. This pack features ten new challenges inspired by community activity, all requiring you to wear the Vampire Magician disguise while taking down targets using a range of different methods. This pack will drop for all three platforms with a game update, which will also fix a variety of things in the game. See the release notes we put out at the time for more details on that.'

In terms of the patch, I hope they return the HUD to the previous style where the currently held item is not visible at all times anymore. I also wouldn't mind if they adjusted the controls to allow you to pre-empt choices, ie hold circle before you get to a wall to scale it in one movement like in some other games. It would make it just that little bit smoother imo.

I actually went back and played Absolution a bit a few days ago, seems far clunkier than I remember, just goes to show how improved this game is in terms of flow and control.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Sw3Et's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

I was tossing up between buying this episode at a time (and supporting that business model) or waiting for a full release. I was about to bite the bullet and get the first episode, but then I found out there's no platinum trophy for the game. I will now wait until the full version and if there's still no platinum I'll probably grab it on PC. I really like Hitman, but I just can't support them in their decisions regarding this game.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sw3Et View Post
    I was tossing up between buying this episode at a time (and supporting that business model) or waiting for a full release. I was about to bite the bullet and get the first episode, but then I found out there's no platinum trophy for the game. I will now wait until the full version and if there's still no platinum I'll probably grab it on PC. I really like Hitman, but I just can't support them in their decisions regarding this game.
    The disc release date is January 2017.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Yeah, Hitman does suit this release model as its a stage driven game. Im not a fan of it for what id consider a aaa title. Small companies or indi devs, ok, i can see the benefit but this looks like a bit of an effort to squeeze cash? Might work for them, might not. Dunno, just seemed shady to me lol

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    Yeah, Hitman does suit this release model as its a stage driven game. Im not a fan of it for what id consider a aaa title. Small companies or indi devs, ok, i can see the benefit but this looks like a bit of an effort to squeeze cash? Might work for them, might not. Dunno, just seemed shady to me lol
    You can order the full season for AUD$74.95, which is cheaper than any other new release AAA game on the PlayStation Store.

They've been very upfront about what prompted the release model, and it's a response to the backlash that Absolution got. They said that by the time they started getting feedback about that game (with respect to the social stealth stuff, silent assassin, etc.), it was too late to make big changes. With the episodic release model they can evolve the game in response to feedback.

The episodic release model also means we get to play the game faster. Instead of waiting until January 2017, we can play each mission as they finish it.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Jesus, Gary Busey looks scary now! I assume the poor bugger had a stroke or something

If anyone is trying to get all of the challenges done, I struggled a bit with the "Lights Out on a Promising Career" one for the Sarajevo Six contract, until I found this method:

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Jesus, Gary Busey looks scary now! I assume the poor bugger had a stroke or something

If anyone is trying to get all of the challenges done, I struggled a bit with the "Lights Out on a Promising Career" one for the Sarajevo Six contract, until I found this method:

Looks pretty healthy compared to Nick Nolte though. I think he has died, but his brain hasn't realised t yet.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I pulled a clean hit last night to the soundtrack of True Detective...shivers man.

Nevermind, nevermind.

I swear the lyrics matched the action on screen so perfectly it felt like a trailer ha ha, amazing when everything just comes together, it's the vibe of the thing.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I pulled a clean hit last night to the soundtrack of True Detective...shivers man.

Nevermind, nevermind.

I swear the lyrics matched the action on screen so perfectly it felt like a trailer ha ha, amazing when everything just comes together, it's the vibe of the thing.
    Kavinsky has been doing it for me

Patch 1.03 is live and fixed the requiem pack and improves load times, as well as adding some new challenges (among other things)

Also, we now have a release date for Episode 2:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I cannot believe how large Paris is, I only just ventured into the attic and that floor alone felt like an entire level almost. Apparently Paris is a "small" map as well ha ha.

I was caught in the wrong area and asked to follow the guard like a good boy, i became weary of his constant remarks so I judo chopped his arse right as a patrolling guard walked by confused. I waited for the guard to regain his footing before smacking him again as the other guard came over to investigate. I pegged that poor fella a few times until a guest came by due to the commotion, so I ended up knocking him out as well just as another guard told me to stop that before calling it in in that there was a crazy man going for the knock-out record.

Gotta love the banter in this game. I do wish the fake surrender could go further though, it would be fun if they took you away to some sort of holding cell you could escape out of and have to regain your gear, or even just ambush them along the way to the cell.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSneCgpKBgs

Want that, need that.

EDIT - Some info and new update details.

Live Content for Sapienza will include: New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets & New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode)

Native Ambient Audio
    Added an audio layer for Sapienza that will play native ambient dialogue in crowded areas.

‘Hide in Plain Sight’ Options
    The Sapienza location includes more options for Agent 47 to ‘blend in’ whilst wearing his suit.

Opportunities System Improvements
    - Persistent reveals: When a player has ‘revealed’ an Opportunity once using the pop-up tracker, they are not required to do so when they encounter the opportunity on future playthroughs.

- Fail Categories: Added categories to explain why an opportunity was failed.
    Note: The above Opportunity improvements are only implemented in Sapienza.
    Opportunities in the ICA Facility and Paris destinations are not affected.

What to expect from the 'pre-release' update before 'Sapienza' launches on April 26

Reconnect Option
    If a player is playing in online mode and gets disconnected during gameplay, they will have the option to immediately reconnect and resume play without losing any progress, instead of returning to the main menu.
    [Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Immediate Challenge Awards
    Challenges are now awarded and saved immediately upon completion, rather than when completing a mission.
    [Available now on PC. Available in a future update for PS4 & Xbox One.]

Loading Times
    Significant improvements to load and restart times across all locations.
    (Reduced by approximately 50% on PS4 and Xbox One)

Challenge Verbosity Settings
    Players can now choose between three options for how challenge descriptions are displayed in the game menu.
    Full: All Challenge information is shown.
    Minimal: Only the image and name of the Challenge are shown
    Off: Only the image of the Challenge is shown.

Weapon HUD Settings
    Added three options for displaying the holstered/equipped weapon icon.
    Full: Show weapon HUD for equipped and holstered weapon.
    Minimal: Show weapon HUD only for equipped weapon.
    Off: Don’t show weapon HUD.

Immediate Intel
    Added an option for players to access the intel menu immediately after finding new intel.

Dropped Items
    Disguises, weapons and items that are dropped are now shown on the in-game map.

Holstering animation
    Added an animation for 47 holstering a small item, such as a pistol.

Escalation Contracts Improvements
    - The list of complications and objectives are now viewable during gameplay and the planning phase.
    - Players can now easily see from the in-game menu how many stages of each Escalation Contract they have completed. (e.g 3/5)

General improvements to stability
    Last edited by Smajs; 22-04-2016 at 12:27 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Had some more jerkiness since the patch and it crashed.

Sapienza though...that's a paddlin'... needs more Italians instead of yanks everywhere.
    Last edited by Smajs; 26-04-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

First Elusive target is up, it ends in the early hours of Monday morning I believe (about 5 AM AEST I think).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Missed the opportunity for the first Elusive, but I found the wood chipper so It ain't all bad. Hopefully I can get a chance to have a go at the next.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Marrakesh is confirmed for 31 May:

The city of contrasts

Following up on the big fashion show event in Paris and the expansive nature of Sapienza, we knew that Marrakesh had to be something extraordinary. So the team set out to build a location that was both teeming with life and things to do. Marrakesh has been built with a maze of alleys, a range of souks that line the medina walls and a fully fletched shisha café. Moving upwards, players can enjoy the shade on the signature rooftop terraces of Marrakesh.

Just beyond the busy marketplace, you will find an architectural marvel in the shape of the Swedish Consulate building. The very embodiment of minimalistic Scandinavian design, a mix of glass, concrete and wood offering a powerful contrast to the blazing heat just outside its walls.

The mission

As with any Hitman level, Marrakesh promises players the lure of voyeurism and the thrill of infiltration and it’s something we’ve been working hard on getting just right. Offering two targets, the “Gilded Cage” mission challenges players to eliminate private banker Claus Strandberg, holed up inside the secure Swedish Consulate, and army General Reza Zaydan, protected by his elite squad of soldiers at a temporary headquarters in the heart of the city. Both targets will be challenging to reach and both will of course have some entertaining special moments attached to them that will allow players to dole out some poetic justice.

Tons of new live content

With Marrakesh also comes a lot more live content for players to engage with and the busy markets and locked down consulate will provide us with great settings for our live features. Episode 3 has been designed to keep players busy with a wide range of challenges and opportunities and along with an entirely new setting for Contracts mode, Elusive Targets and Escalation Contracts, we are dying to see what you come up with.
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016...s-on-31st-may/

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Elusive Target #2 is up (Sapienza), so get cracking Smajs!

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Thanks for the heads up Stiff, I managed to get The Silent Assassin rating, only 169,000 though ? damn probably took too long ha.

I tell you what, the elusive target was great fun and the added tension of it being a one time only thing made it that much more exciting.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Thanks for the heads up Stiff, I managed to get The Silent Assassin rating, only 169,000 though ? damn probably took too long ha.

I tell you what, the elusive target was great fun and the added tension of it being a one time only thing made it that much more exciting.
    I missed out on Silent Assassin for the first elusive target - I went to subdue a guard but didn't realise my pistol was still out after shooting a camera, so I accidentally did the pistol elimination instead of choke out At least I did complete it successfully, I saw a lot of people who died in the attempt on NeoGAF.

This one I thankfully got Silent Assassin, took me longer than it should have because I barely knew Sapienza at all (only a single play through prior to the elusive), but nice to get it done. The egress after taking out the elusive target is so bloody nerve wracking!

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

There are some great contracts up, played a couple that allowed me to use the pistol in plain sight which is always fun, wish you could favourite contracts for replays though, also odd that you can't quickly check out PSN friends creations or even which contract they have played to try to best their score. I assume all of these things will come in upcoming updates...hopefully.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

There are some great contracts up, played a couple that allowed me to use the pistol in plain sight which is always fun, wish you could favourite contracts for replays though, also odd that you can't quickly check out PSN friends creations or even which contract they have played to try to best their score. I assume all of these things will come in upcoming updates...hopefully.
    My basic approach for these levels is to do all of the challenges, then the escalations, then contracts if I'm still keen. The problem right now is that they're constantly adding escalations...

Consequently I haven't touched contracts beyond the initial trophy requirements. Marakesh is going to release before I've even done the challenges for Sapienza, so I can't see myself doing more contracts any time soon. Once the level release schedule slows down a bit (Marakesh is the last of the quickfire ones I think) I'll hopefully get a chance to spend some more time with them. Hopefully by then they've developed them a bit more too, it'd be nice if you could at least search for them by name, or if IO picked out the best user ones and permanently featured them somewhere.

It'd also be nice if there were some nice rewards or unlockables from them.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Episode 3: Marrakesh is now available on the PSN for download (4.862 GB). I think it'll require the game to be patched before it can be played though (and the patch isn't quite available yet).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I should've posted this earlier, but Elusive target #3 (The Prince) is up. It finishes in just over 9 hours: so 11 PM tonight AEST.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I managed to get the target just before the long weekend,

I planned it meticulously, scoping out the area from three different vantage points as I circled the church searching for an opening to breach, my eyes darted between the beach and the broken wall until I saw the spot, the morgue.

Went in with my flowers, acquired the church clothing from the accommodating attendant and made my way to the church.

Things were going swimmingly as I dispatched of the guards one by one using the tower as storage for the stupefied. Down to the Prince on his lonesome, I strolled down to the basement to wipe the CCTV when my ears perk up, footsteps, I leg it up the stairs and edge against the wall to see a shadow approach and as the footsteps grow louder my heart beats faster, I catch a glimpse of the mysterious figure and it is none other than the target, as the target descends my plan disintegrates, he surveys me and spies my disguise so I am forced to lay him out, the commotion alerts another church worker who arrives in time to see me bounding over the corpse, he screams for help as I scamper from one sanctuary to another as I piss off hollering and raving towards the car.

No silent assassin for me ha ha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Elusive Target #4: The Sensation is now live [EDIT: May not be live yet]:

Looks like a hit on Justin Bieber.

I managed to get the target just before the long weekend,

I planned it meticulously, scoping out the area from three different vantage points as I circled the church searching for an opening to breach, my eyes darted between the beach and the broken wall until I saw the spot, the morgue.

Went in with my flowers, acquired the church clothing from the accommodating attendant and made my way to the church.

Things were going swimmingly as I dispatched of the guards one by one using the tower as storage for the stupefied. Down to the Prince on his lonesome, I strolled down to the basement to wipe the CCTV when my ears perk up, footsteps, I leg it up the stairs and edge against the wall to see a shadow approach and as the footsteps grow louder my heart beats faster, I catch a glimpse of the mysterious figure and it is none other than the target, as the target descends my plan disintegrates, he surveys me and spies my disguise so I am forced to lay him out, the commotion alerts another church worker who arrives in time to see me bounding over the corpse, he screams for help as I scamper from one sanctuary to another as I piss off hollering and raving towards the car.

No silent assassin for me ha ha.
    I missed out on Silent Assassin there too. Everything was going swimmingly until the priest doubled back to the security room unexpectedly. It was very clean though, I just had two subdues (the bodyguard and the priest) and the target got fibre wired. I've successfully completed all of the elusive targets so far, but only one of them was a silent assassin run.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 15-06-2016 at 01:14 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

H ah ha ha, Bieber, shiiiiit...

I am going to try to flush him for sure.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Started at the bottom now I'm here...My story of woe.

Started from the bottom in waiter gear
    Started from the bottom about to spike this cockucker's beer

I done kept it smooth from the start
    cleaning in the kitchen I analyzed every game plan,
    I was trying to get in on my own
    looking all right, except for the chrome dome
    then security calling me like "Where ya goin'?"
    Disguise no good and no keys for the gate so I'll be right back
    Shit, I'm just thinkin where to go
    Now I know up the road, to a garson in the know
    So I...

Started from the bottom but it's clear
    Started from the bottom but the hatin' guards' teams here, shit

About to spit more stories about the plan
    Now In my new pants smuggled, was the poison, yeah, I love it, *snigger
    I could turn my attention back to the matter at hand
    Then I hear a party that's poppin' off without me, *cocks trigger
    I just want the mofo to drink the brew
    But he's too busy on the phone, the fuck I'm supposed to do?
    Shit, just have to chill and keep to myself
    But a nosy waiter stares every single time, then hes sussed me out
    So he says...

"No new garsons, dude don't feel that
    He's a fake waiter, where the guards at?"
    Now I don't got time to do too much explaining
    Bullets sprayed the mark slain, through the garden bodies rainin
    Fuck me...

Started from the bottom now I'm here
    Started from the bottom now the whole things so clear
    Started from the bottom but I fear
    Started from the bottom and I just blew my career

TLDR I fucked up.

Seriously, I must have waited twenty minutes for him to take another drink but he wouldn't so I lost my patience and shot him, threw a crowbar at a guard on the way out and ran home.
    Last edited by Smajs; 15-06-2016 at 09:24 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

So you completed it, just didn't get Silent Assassin? The Silent Assassin rating doesn't unlock anything with the Elusives, it's solely for bragging rights. All you have to do is complete 5 Elusives to get the Absolution suit, and 10 to get the Blood Money suit.

I managed to Silent Assassin Bieber though, so I'm 50/50 on the Elusives. TBH I'm just trying to complete them and get out alive, the SA ratings so far have just been a byproduct of that. This one would have been a good sniper rifle opportunity I think, but I was able to poison his drink and then fibrewire him in the bathroom.

--> CLICK HERE <--