AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Developer: IO Interactive
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Release Date: March 2016

Premise:

There is a world beyond ours. Beyond nations, justice, ethics. It never sleeps. It exists everywhere. And once you enter....there is no going back. Welcome to the World of Assassination. You are Agent 47, the world's ultimate assassin. Backed by your long term handler, Diana Burnwood and the power of the International Contract Agency you operate on all continents across the globe to unravel a conspiracy originating from the highest echelons of the world's power elite.

Videos:

Screenshots:

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 30-09-2015 at 12:49 PM.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Sw3Et's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Absolution was a good game, but not a good Hitman game. This one looks like a proper successor to Blood Money. Just not sure about that release schedule. Might have to buy it next year when it's "complete".

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sw3Et View Post
    Absolution was a good game, but not a good Hitman game. This one looks like a proper successor to Blood Money. Just not sure about that release schedule. Might have to buy it next year when it's "complete".
    I understand what they were trying to do with Absolution - tell a much tighter and more focused story - but it required too many compromises to what made Hitman games great. Absolution was at its best when it most closely resembled the older games. You could probably argue that the sheer graphical fidelity of Absolution (a contender for best looking games on the PS3 in my opinion) meant they were always going to struggle to add scope, and maybe that influenced the overall game design. But on the larger, more open levels where you were given some freedom, Absolution shined. Dedicate a whole game in that engine to large, open-ended contracts and you have a gem in the making.

In terms of the smaller amount of launch content and promise of regular additions, let's be honest: if any game was a good fit for that concept, it's a proper Hitman game (it even makes sense thematically). As long as the price is right, the content does keep coming, and they don't nickel and dime us, it works for me. I'm still a bit cautious but I'm not overly concerned.

Interested in joining AUF? Full instructions can be found HERE.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I think Absolution is $8 or so on PSN, may just pick it up for another ride.

This looks good, episodic content can work if utilised well, hopefully level creator/map editor is back in and far more in depth, create the perfect hit.

I think I played the Hitman 2 Villa demo more than some actual games ha ha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    hopefully level creator/map editor is back in and far more in depth, create the perfect hit.
    In that Access interview I posted the guy from IO mentioned that Contracts mode was basically an afterthought with Absolution, and they were surprised at how heavily it ended up being used. He reckons they've put a heap of effort into it for Hitman.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

^ Good stuff.

I reckon allowing another player to infiltrate a map would be cool as well, a bit like Watchdogs whereby one of the NPC's, perhaps even the target, would be another player, their mission is to prevent the assassination. It would be pretty tense to have to hide in plain sight, not knowing where or when the hit will come.

Can just imagine planning the perfect hit, knocking out actors for disguise and making your way nonchalantly to the stage of an opera ready to pop the target in the back of the head only for a sniper on the catwalks to thwart your effort at the last second. Oh man that would be fun. Always watch the doorman.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

^ Good stuff.

I reckon allowing another player to infiltrate a map would be cool as well, a bit like Watchdogs whereby one of the NPC's, perhaps even the target, would be another player, their mission is to prevent the assassination. It would be pretty tense to have to hide in plain sight, not knowing where or when the hit will come.

Can just imagine planning the perfect hit, knocking out actors for disguise and making your way nonchalantly to the stage of an opera ready to pop the target in the back of the head only for a sniper on the catwalks to thwart your effort at the last second. Oh man that would be fun. Always watch the doorman.
    That's a very cool idea. Obviously it won't be in this Hitman, but if it sells well then hopefully we could see something like that in the next game.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Delayed to March 2016:

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/important-release-news

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 30-09-2015 at 12:48 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

I'm okay with this. It's a good business strategy. By March, most people will be able to play it, after the December releases of Fallout 4 and R6

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post
    GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by guitar_god7007 View Post
    I'm okay with this. It's a good business strategy. By March, most people will be able to play it, after the December releases of Fallout 4 and R6

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    It's going head to head with Uncharted 4 now though, and I don't envy them there... But if they need the extra dev time, it's the right call regardless.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Default PS4 | Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    It's going head to head with Uncharted 4 now though, and I don't envy them there... But if they need the extra dev time, it's the right call regardless.

Not a fan of the Uncharted series.
    I've heard The Division is released around that time though. Haven't checked though. In that battle, Hitman can go eat a big poo poo pie

EDIT: The Division, set to be released March 8.
    Side note: a lot of Tom Clancy games set for release now. R6, The Division and Wildlands.
    Last edited by guitar_god7007; 01-10-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post
    GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

New Sapienza trailer:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

The Hitman Beta is coming to PS4 on February 12:

I have big expectations for this game.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

They've announced that they're going to have a different release model now: instead of the (slightly lower) upfront price and then gradual content release, they're switching to a completely episodic release structure.

I suspect it's been influenced by the success of Life Is Strange, but this is a much bigger risk given that Hitman is a AAA game with a much bigger development budget. Maybe it'll help draw in new players though, we'll have to wait and see.

Press Release:

A change to the release structure, sees HITMAN become a truly episodic AAA game experience, with a major live component. Where players will perform contract hits on powerful, high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world.

Starting with a Prologue Mission and a Paris location on March 11th, followed by the next location, set in Italy releasing in April and then Morocco releasing in May. From there HITMAN will deliver regular monthly content updates, including three additional locations; Thailand, the US and Japan until the season concludes in Japan later in 2016. With weekly live events and additional planned content in between the monthly updates.

“We decided to take the full leap and publish HITMAN as a truly episodic game experience,” said Hannes Seifert, Head of Studio at Io-Interactive. “Part of that decision is for that little bit of extra time to ensure every location we release is at the quality level fitting for a HITMAN game. But the main driving reason is that this will allow us to create a living game that will expand and evolve over time and establish a foundation for the future – this is the first game in a storyline which will continue and expand with future Hitman games.”

A new Intro Pack now contains Prologue and Paris levels and will release at the new price of $15 (or local equivalent). Each subsequent location will be priced at $10 as an add-on item to the Intro Pack*. Alternatively, players can buy the Full Experience up front for $60. This includes all of this year’s content as it’s released, and guarantees them not to miss any live or bonus content.

The disc version of HITMAN will ship at the end of 2016.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Unless all places on the internet start flooding about how great this game is, I'll be waiting until the end of 2016 to buy it.

I wonder what other games Square Enix will enforce episodic concepts onto.

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app

AUF Full Member - SNIPEMAN U812 (850+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    BOYDGLIN
    XBLA
    N/A

you know what i kind of like the idea of episodes for this game.

wouldnt it be neat if there was an app for your phone and you were sitting at work one day, your phone goes off and its just out of the blue no warning youve been contracted for a hit in south america, the app you gives you some of the details and when you get home you jump into the game and plan and execute the Hit. that would be cool

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Beta trailer:

Begins Feb 12 (pre-order to guarantee access).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Some buggers seem to have early access to the Beta:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

PS4 screenshots from the Beta:

The Beta goes live at 9 PM tonight and closes at 9 PM on Monday night.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - More than your average Social Guy (30+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Hitman-Dan007
    XBLA
    N/A

It looks like a good game, do u need to purchase the game to be allowed to play the beta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Quote Originally Posted by Cortal1982 View Post
    It looks like a good game, do u need to purchase the game to be allowed to play the beta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You need to pre-order it on the PSN to get Beta access. You can cancel your pre-order without ever being charged for it provided you cancel early enough (it tells you when your card will be charged when you pre-order). That seems pretty fair to me: if you like the Beta then keep your pre-order; if you don't like the Beta then cancel your pre-order.

Pre-ordering either the Intro Pack or The Full Experience will get you Beta access.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

This Beta is like a Woman who makes you a cuppa tea but then proceeds to add milk to it without asking.

The Good

It is Hitman.

The variety of ways to approach and enact death on a target are pretty wonderfully varied, there is ample room for experimentation and multiple play styles.

A good deal of npc chatter adds to the occasion, overhearing some tidbits adds to the possibilities of proceeding with your mission in a number of ways.

Leaving weapons out in the world for enemies to discover is a neat touch and it makes for an interesting way to smuggle your weapons into your intended area of operations.

Did I mention that it is Hitman?

The Bad

The A.I can be downright dreadful at times, alerts can entail a guard holding you up but you can knock him out and change disguise while you wait for the next to walk into the room ad infinitum. Suspicious gazes from npc's can be thrown off by ducking around a corner and they seem to have the memory of a gold fish, several seconds and the world is fine again, don't mind the pile of bodies on the floor they are just for show.

Odd things such as if you distract an npc with a coin they will go over to it so blindly like a horny teen follwing the hot chick around the club, 'they needs the precious'. A favourite of mine was the first guard on the training mission, I threw a coin into a corner and he just barged into the wall and then began to converse with said wall about how he was an officer of the law and so on...

The U.I can not be completely disabled in the Beta and that is a downer for me, some small details such as blending in etc all seem far too automatic and sterile, press square to blend in feels oddly impassive.

Hopefully this is just for the Beta but the way you end a mission by pressing a button is underwhelming, I suspect though that come the full release there will be some epic getaways.

The Ugly

Like one of Cinderella's "beauty impaired" sisters the Beta comes across as everything from average, to unsightly and homely, but it does have some pretty good looking ankles. The animations are stilted at times, jank is the new black for 2016.

I would say what the Beta showcases is a step down from Absolution, though the Beta code could well be several builds old so here is hoping that the final release brings a bit more current gen to it.

There are many audio glitches throughout the experience, mini freezes and stutter at times as well, could be due to the online checks though.

Overall I don't think the Beta showcases the game or this series in the best light but it is more than likely a very old build of the game, the fact that I revel in the series means I can overlook the technical issues and jank of the Beta and enjoy the gameplay, not sure if others will though.

I guess it is a difficult situation nowadays with Betas and demos, they can easily become interchangeable to the average player and if that player happens upon this thinking it is indicative of the final product then IO may have unfortunately lost some customers.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I love it. I mean it's just a tutorial level, but it's much better than Blood Money's tutorial level for example. It feels like the perfect blend of Absolution and Blood Money to me. Needs some technical optimisation but hopefully that will come prior to release. Difficulty-wise it's pretty easy but that's to be expected of a tutorial.

Absolution had it's narrow corridor setup to allow it more impressive graphics (much like Dead Space), so the transition to new hardware is kind of eroded by the move to more expansive environments here. If they can get Absolution level graphics (one of the most impressive PS3 games IMHO) into the final release then I'll be very impressed.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Some footage from the Beta. It's not the most exciting because this was a very specific challenge (Silent Assassin, Suit Only), but hopefully tomorrow I can post up some more interesting gameplay that shows off a bit more about what the game is actually about.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Ha ha loving that hammer work Stiff, should be an Olympic sport.

There are some neat touches in this game, I like sabotaging items, the ejeculation is a highlight. Still wish the keyhole peep were back in, or at-least the ability to peek through an ajar door, I noticed that you can peek whilst hiding in a container so surely the door peek would be feasible?

I found the ledge shimmy earlier, good fun and it did elicit some hilarious commentary from a guard, speaking of which how good are some of the npc comments? they respond pretty well at times to my bizarre behavior, I particularly like the fact that they respond when you are somewhere you should not be but then quickly exit that area and they thank you for it ha ha.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Sw3Et's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Damn this looks good. Just really wish it weren't episodic.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Ha ha loving that hammer work Stiff, should be an Olympic sport.
    Haha, it's just so much quicker than choking them out. The new throwing system was probably my favourite addition in Absolution (love the fire axes!).

After finishing all of the challenges, I decided the only thing left to do was kill every single person in the airfield without being exposed. I left Knight for last... here was the last little bit:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

As promised, some gameplay vids showing what the game is like if you play it normally.

First up, the "Pay That Stuntman A Bonus!" feat on Freeform Training:

Next up, the "Flying Colours" assassination on The Final Test:

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Hitman

Some more info courtesy of one of the IO Interactive community managers:

The Elusive Targets sound seriously awesome:

Elusive Targets

The Contracts that are available for a limited-time are what we call Elusive Targets. An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. These targets will be custom-created characters that are added to existing locations and are only there for a limited time in real-time. You'll only have one chance to take them down. If they escape, they are gone for good. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world (one way or another) they never return.

Each Elusive Target will have a custom briefing video, a backstory and a unique reason for being in that location. When you're actually playing in the location, the Elusive Target will not appear on the map and will not appear in Instinct. In order to find them, you'll need to use clues from the briefing video and a photograph that you will be able to review. You'll need to explore, find your target, learn their patterns and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target. If you kill the wrong person or die when trying to exfiltrate, that's it. Game over, the target escapes.

As the season unfolds, you’ll earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts. The rewards are signature suits from previous Hitman games and versions of those suits with gloves. There’s also a version of the signature suit from the new HITMAN with gloves.

We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way.

Escalation Mode

Escalation Mode is something else completely new for HITMAN and was created as a way to regularly provide a fresh challenge to players. You'll need to master the location as well as the gameplay mechanics to complete a hit that will escalate in difficulty by adding new elements. As an example, the first stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre. Then, the second stage could be to eliminate your target with a sabre whilst dressed as a waiter and removing any security camera recordings within two minutes. We are able to change where the security cameras are and also add additional ‘security’ measures to the locations, such as laser trip-wire explosives that you’ll need to avoid.

Escalation Mode has a strong focus on having fun with the game mechanics and mixing them up – pretty much anything goes in this mode. It’s more about being playful than realistic. For each Escalation Contract, there are five stages and you're free to replay them as you wish to climb the leaderboards. As with Elusive Targets, the save-game functions are disabled.

All Escalation contracts and Elusive Targets are created by IOI and will be released between the location releases as part of the live content.

Contracts Mode

On top of those new features, we also have Contracts Mode. You'll know this from Absolution. Play-to-create, mark your own targets, choose how to kill them and compete against your friends. IOI will also pick the best of the bunch and put them in the Featured Contracts list so you've got something fresh to play whenever you load up the game.

Live Challenges

Additionally, we have the ambition of adding community-inspired challenges into the game. As you'll have seen from the recent Beta period, the game is full of challenges you can complete to prove your mastery of a location. We are looking into creating new challenges that we can periodically add to the game. These challenges will be an homage to some of the more elaborate, amusing, difficult or creative feats that we see our players complete. As an example, one of the first ‘live challenges’ we are looking at creating is called “Hammer Time” and was inspired by a ‘2AngryGamers’ livestream of our PS4 Beta, where they used only a hammer to knock out almost every guard in the ‘Final Test’.

At this stage, Community-inspired challenges (or whatever we actually decide to name them) are just one of the ideas we are working on to keep the game fresh and live as we go through the season. These are not a guaranteed feature but something we’re testing and trying out.

--> CLICK HERE <--