Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 492

Thread: PS4 | ARK: Survival Evolution.

  1. #61
    AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    mid north coast, new south wales
    Posts
    2,321
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

    Default

    The longevity is there, thoroughly enjoying this when i can get on (no fault of the game, bloody work)

    Only thing I can think of a bit of a negative is all the people building around our base and just leaving where they built as you can no longer build in a certain proximity to someone else


    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms


    “Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

  2. #62
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    You said good things about no mans sky too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Touche. The difference between being told whats in a game, to actually being in game seeing 'IT' is a different story my friend

  3. #63
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,675
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Yeah I know, just having a dig lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

  4. #64
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Well first time on the pve server and yea all those bases around are really anoying. Was beautiful playing solo but in pve all the beaches are littered with thatch houses :/

    If i was to try a PvP server am i doing same server stuff?

    Stayed up till early morning trying so hard to find the base I get so turned around in this game had 2 tames but died not long after taming and turned out home base was just over the hill I was circling T.T

    Loved the tour thanks rooster lol place was abit scattered all over the place XD loved the whole use whatever you want BUT do not touch foxys egg lol

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 09-12-2016 at 10:41 AM.

  5. #65
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,675
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    BUT do not touch foxys egg
    His precious? Lol

    Tried this in the morning before work and got to a server browser lol

    Much lost and confuse, I tried mentioned server but didn't come up with any hits



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

  6. #66
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    His precious? Lol

    Tried this in the morning before work and got to a server browser lol

    Much lost and confuse, I tried mentioned server but didn't come up with any hits



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I change it to PvE and Ark only and scrolled till I found the one with 46 at the end lol

    I should be online earlier then I was last night lol I'll hang around abit and might check a PvP server out.
    Not being able to clean up around our base area is driving me nuts lol and they're blocking us from getting a water line to our base

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 09-12-2016 at 11:20 AM.

  7. #67
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    5,021
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Is there a purely solo mode for this?
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

    "What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

    "thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

  8. #68
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Is there a purely solo mode for this?
    Yes there is Gilly its where I started off only just went PvE last night.
    When solo for a better experience maybe turn up gather rate and tame speeds ect but up to you I found default settings it was getting real slow with no other players around

    Even split screen

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 09-12-2016 at 12:12 PM.

  9. #69
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    5,021
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Yes there is Gilly its where I started off only just went PvE last night.
    When solo for a better experience maybe turn up gather rate and tame speeds ect but up to you I found default settings it was getting real slow with no other players around

    Even split screen

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    Haven't bought it yet, still considering. My biggest concern is the technicality of it not actually being a finished product. Early access is great for crowdsourcing stuff as an incentive to invest, but "early access" in cases like this really blur the lines between wether we're investors or consumers. Seeing as it's not even a finished product yet they're allready pushing expansions is worrying.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

    "What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

    "thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

  10. #70
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Haven't bought it yet, still considering. My biggest concern is the technicality of it not actually being a finished product. Early access is great for crowdsourcing stuff as an incentive to invest, but "early access" in cases like this really blur the lines between wether we're investors or consumers. Seeing as it's not even a finished product yet they're allready pushing expansions is worrying.
    Well I'm enjoying it when I'm not lost or getting eaten by raptors haha which is half the time XD

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    mid north coast, new south wales
    Posts
    2,321
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

    Default

    I will murder anyone who touches my egg.

    I'll also be on later this arvo, maybe around 5:30 or so


    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms


    “Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

  12. #72
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    I will murder anyone who touches my egg.

    I'll also be on later this arvo, maybe around 5:30 or so


    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms
    Haha was thinking about moving it to a different storage box haha
    What are you going to do with the dilo egg?

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  13. #73
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Our end goal is to move base away from everyone. But first we must level to unlock the goodies. We now have 1 male dodo an 4 hens. Eggs shall roll in when i get back on make a pen. Fluffy our pet croc also has his own pen. Slowly but surely im making the compound secure but dam it takes so long. Luckily AUF friend Shootem comes by an finds holes so i can fix up. No more taming til we get base an floating bed done i think. If party chat is full, start another an we can split partys. One party can hunt whislt other can build, gather resources an mine until we find Saron's ring....or die repeatedly to a horde of raptors- yep im talking to you Cent an Des

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  14. #74
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    Our end goal is to move base away from everyone. But first we must level to unlock the goodies. We now have 1 male dodo an 4 hens. Eggs shall roll in when i get back on make a pen. Fluffy our pet croc also has his own pen. Slowly but surely im making the compound secure but dam it takes so long. Luckily AUF friend Shootem comes by an finds holes so i can fix up. No more taming til we get base an floating bed done i think. If party chat is full, start another an we can split partys. One party can hunt whislt other can build, gather resources an mine until we find Saron's ring....or die repeatedly to a horde of raptors- yep im talking to you Cent an Des

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Lol how's my derrrrrr doing XD chucked it in with our captive prisoner for company

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  15. #75
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Derrrr is doing well, i made sure she had food before i jumped off. She makes up the harem at them moment but if you want her to go out with you then there's no problem us grabbing another lass for the egg farming. Although when i logged in this morning the captive was there, an Derrr was hanging out near the back gate. 5mins later captive was gone. Guess she spawned inro the server on her bed. Make sure when you log out to set her to stay otherwise she looks completely lost lol

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

  16. #76
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    Derrrr is doing well, i made sure she had food before i jumped off. She makes up the harem at them moment but if you want her to go out with you then there's no problem us grabbing another lass for the egg farming. Although when i logged in this morning the captive was there, an Derrr was hanging out near the back gate. 5mins later captive was gone. Guess she spawned inro the server on her bed. Make sure when you log out to set her to stay otherwise she looks completely lost lol

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Lol nah I just did that tame because out of my hours of playing I came back with nothing so that dodo was only thing close I could get without getting lost haha

    I don't think the cages work I've seen so many been knocked out and put inside and when they wake up they like glitch through the cage

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  17. #77
    AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Deception Bay Qld
    Posts
    4,022
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

    Default

    Thanks rooster and cent for the tutorial this morning .. i feel like this is a cross between fallout 4 and nms. Not that its a bad thing.. but the simularities stand out.. i enjoyed it.. except for those bloody raptures.. will try and get more involved with the gathering first before i become a hunter .. me thinks.

  18. #78
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    5,021
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Are the graphics supposed to be horribly bugged any time you even think of looking at water? if so, very dissapointed. If not, why the hell is it for me, because it's unplayable how shit that is and it made me think my TV was broken.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

    "What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

    "thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

  19. #79
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Are the graphics supposed to be horribly bugged any time you even think of looking at water? if so, very dissapointed. If not, why the hell is it for me, because it's unplayable how shit that is and it made me think my TV was broken.
    I know there's a weird water reflection but no water normally looks beautiful on my screen apart from stuff that's out of range loading in then it gets abit funky.

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  20. #80
    AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Logan
    Posts
    5,021
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    I know there's a weird water reflection but no water normally looks beautiful on my screen apart from stuff that's out of range loading in then it gets abit funky.

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    At 1:35 in this video you can see what I'm talking about, although at the specific time of day that my game started and whatever settings might affect it, it was 10 times worse than that, and it's fucking horrible. when close to 10% of the screen is just a black mess that looks like your TV is dying is actually a thing, it's astonishing that SONY actually allowed this to launch, and depressing that they actually thought it was good enough.

    Might see if I can get a refund from SONY, if I can't I'm just going to delete it, will pick it up/redownload when it is actually complete (if it ever is).
    Last edited by mmmgilly; 10-12-2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason: forgot the video
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

    "What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

    "thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

  21. #81
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Are the graphics supposed to be horribly bugged any time you even think of looking at water? if so, very dissapointed. If not, why the hell is it for me, because it's unplayable how shit that is and it made me think my TV was broken.
    I dont have this problem. Have you ticked the detail option in the settings, which is on the lower left side of the options screen.

  22. #82
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    I can never join the pve server

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

  23. #83
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,675
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    How the hell do you get any resources when starting off

    Seems impossible


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

  24. #84
    AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Gold Coast Hinterland
    Posts
    6,323
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

    Default

    So I just bought the 'founders edition' $48 .. I assume thats the povo pack everyone was talking about, bit confused as its 17.75G and someone said it was 28G ?
    Might even be done by morning ..



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  25. #85
    AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    mid north coast, new south wales
    Posts
    2,321
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

    Default

    I would heavily advise not flying up to the snow biome, my pteranodon flew off and I was stuck there

    Edit: also for those that have apple devices, I recommend downloading the app "dododex" as it is a calculator of sorts which will tell you how much of what you will need to tame "X" animal in a certain time span, as using optimal good sources will increase the time to tame

    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms
    Last edited by foxhound; 10-12-2016 at 07:14 AM.


    “Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

    "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

  26. #86
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    I can never join the pve server

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    I couldnt get on for almost 40min trying so gave scorched earth a crack with Cent an my lad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    How the hell do you get any resources when starting off

    Seems impossible


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It takes some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    So I just bought the 'founders edition' $48 .. I assume thats the povo pack everyone was talking about, bit confused as its 17.75G and someone said it was 28G ?
    Might even be done by morning ..



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Base pack an scorched earth is 28G.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    I would heavily advise not flying up to the snow biome, my pteranodon flew off and I was stuck there

    Edit: also for those that have apple devices, I recommend downloading the app "dododex" as it is a calculator of sorts which will tell you how much of what you will need to tame "X" animal in a certain time span, as using optimal good sources will increase the time to tame

    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms
    If you love something set it free, if it returns blah blah some old saying i cant remember

  27. #87
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Edit: also for those that have apple devices, I recommend downloading the app "dododex" as it is a calculator of sorts which will tell you how much of what you will need to tame "X" animal in a certain time span, as using optimal good sources will increase the time to tame

    Sent from outside the wire via radio comms
    Cheers mate. Just dwnld"d it for android via the Playstore.

  28. #88
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Maybe we should have a couple servers to join. I was playing a PvP server last night server number 2. Got to lvl 15 n spent a majority of the time clearing out a spot so I could build after my old base got destroyed by a raptor whos mission was to destroy anything I touched lol

    I'm currently just looking through the host your own server stuff so that way we all can fit in when we want if it works the way I hope n no random players

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SNKYwolf; 10-12-2016 at 11:45 AM.

  29. #89
    AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,442
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    Maybe we should have a couple servers to join. I was playing a PvP server last night server number 2. Got to lvl 15 n spent a majority of the time clearing out a spot so I could build after my old base got destroyed by a raptor whos mission was to destroy anything I touched lol

    I'm currently just looking through the host your own server stuff so that way we all can fit in when we want if it works the way I hope n no random players

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk
    The host server sounds like a good idea. Yeah i may make a player on each aussie server for when i cant get on main.

  30. #90
    AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,637
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taperooster View Post
    The host server sounds like a good idea. Yeah i may make a player on each aussie server for when i cant get on main.
    Well I just had a quick play around n the dedicated server one I tried I couldn't play all I could do was manage players n watch them lol n the non dedicated server went to my single player save but I wasn't able to invite anyone.

    I'll try again next time or if anyone else gives it a crack

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U03 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •