AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    It seems like the Marvel Netflix TV shows have been on a gradual downward trend (I still think that Daredevil season 1, the first series they did, is easily the best). I think they're just trying to churn them out without laying proper foundations (much like the DC movies). That said, they've still been pretty damn good.

The Marvel TV shows aren't handled by the same people as the movies unfortunately; as I understand it, the two divisions had a fairly acrimonious split, where Kevin Feige's old boss was put in charge of the TV shows, and Kevin was promoted to run the movie studios after the two had a falling out and Feige was supposedly ready to quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeh, DD1 was definitely the best, with JJ1 a runner up thanks to killgrave. Iron Fist was a chore to get through, feels like they just wanted to get it over with so they could chuck him in with the others, and I must say it's much better watching him with anyone other than colleen. As far as LC 2, they pretty much could have left out an entire episode or two worth of viewing and it wouldn't feel like you missed much, as long as they kept the good parts. Felt like they didn't want to make a short season like Defenders, but not enough for a full 13 ep season, but they did one anyway.

That said, it must be REALLY hard to create compelling heroes while keeping it scaled down enough to still fit in the MCU without going "why the fuck are they not worried about the end of the world with the big-screen heroes", so they've done well to have just average seasons rather than flat out bad ones.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

It seems like the Marvel Netflix TV shows have been on a gradual downward trend (I still think that Daredevil season 1, the first series they did, is easily the best). I think they're just trying to churn them out without laying proper foundations (much like the DC movies). That said, they've still been pretty damn good.

The Marvel TV shows aren't handled by the same people as the movies unfortunately; as I understand it, the two divisions had a fairly acrimonious split, where Kevin Feige's old boss was put in charge of the TV shows, and Kevin was promoted to run the movie studios after the two had a falling out and Feige was supposedly ready to quit.

I really liked The Punisher series. I'm hoping they can keep up the quality for season 2. Jon Berenthal fits the role perfectly.

I reckon the punisher character was the best part about daredevil season 2.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    I reckon the punisher character was the best part about daredevil season 2.
    Yep, I agree 100%.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) Arlo_007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arlo_007
    XBLA
    N/A

Punisher - DD1 - JJ - LC has been my ranking of the Marvel Series, I just got the chance to start LC2 a couple of evenings ago, but have only watched the first episode.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Arlo_007 View Post
    Punisher - DD1 - JJ - LC has been my ranking of the Marvel Series, I just got the chance to start LC2 a couple of evenings ago, but have only watched the first episode.
    For me, I think it would be:

DD1
    DD2
    JJ1
    The Punisher
    Iron Fist
    LC
    JJ2

Although it's hard to say.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Watching The Punisher again at the moment. Sooo gooooood! Jon Bernthal was perfectly cast for the role

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    Watching The Punisher again at the moment. Sooo gooooood! Jon Bernthal was perfectly cast for the role
    It's easily my favourite.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

Watched 2 episodes of this new last night, ok watch so far, bit of a Ready Player One spin off I suspect.

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxburner View Post
    Watched 2 episodes of (Kiss me First) last night, ok watch so far, bit of a Ready Player One spin off I suspect.

I thought it started off great but then I sort of lost interest and found it hard to concentrate on. I was sort of just hoping for it to end by the last few episodes. It could have been so much better imo.

I have just fired up Breaking Bad from the first series again, over 3 years since I saw them and this is my first rewatch, really enjoying it going back to the start knowing what will happen and watching walt change, picking up little nuances I never noticed. Like the way he asks Skylar what she would do if he was to steal something, support him or tell the cops .. she just grins and says "you don't want to know', this is not long after he finally comes clean to having cancer and he must have tossed up whether to tell her everything or not .. great acting, you see him turn stone faced, the decision has been made.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Netflix AU .. Today !

Haven't quite finished Luke Cage season 2 (up to the last two episodes I think), but I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I enjoyed season 1. The dude playing Bushmaster is awesome, he really nails that character's intensity without making him cartoony or grating. I genuinely enjoy all of the scenes that he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgilly View Post
    Iron Fist was a chore to get through, feels like they just wanted to get it over with so they could chuck him in with the others, and I must say it's much better watching him with anyone other than colleen.
    Yeah I found Danny way too whiny and unlikeable in Iron Fist, and worse still the fight scenes weren't as good as they should've been to sell the character. But I actually felt that Jessica Henwick (Colleen) was the best thing about that series, and the chemistry between those two was one thing that I thought actually worked well.

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 18-07-2018 at 01:08 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

That's what I was hinting at wthout going into spoilers because that was great to go into not knowing about beforehand.
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 18-07-2018 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Don't forget .. JJ is also in breaking bad

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Don't forget .. JJ is also in breaking bad

JJ and Shades are both in Veronica Mars too. Awesome series that BTW, maybe my favourite TV show ever made.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) Fluxburner's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Fluxburner
    XBLA
    Flux_Burner

I thought it started off great but then I sort of lost interest and found it hard to concentrate on. I was sort of just hoping for it to end by the last few episodes. It could have been so much better imo.

I have just fired up Breaking Bad from the first series again, over 3 years since I saw them and this is my first rewatch, really enjoying it going back to the start knowing what will happen and watching walt change, picking up little nuances I never noticed. Like the way he asks Skylar what she would do if he was to steal something, support him or tell the cops .. she just grins and says "you don't want to know', this is not long after he finally comes clean to having cancer and he must have tossed up whether to tell her everything or not .. great acting, you see him turn stone faced, the decision has been made.
    Yeah agree mate , the rating was short lived it actually went down hill after episode 2 and I also lost interest in the show. Breaking Bad round 2 sounds like a nice idea though!

JJ and Shades are both in Veronica Mars too. Awesome series that BTW, maybe my favourite TV show ever made.
    Thats a big call mate ! I'm going to have to watch Veronica Mars then on that statement.
    Last edited by Fluxburner; 14-07-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

That is a big call and now I will have to track it down, I think its one I might have seen one episode of somewhere in the middle.
    imdb'ed it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412253/

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

That is a big call and now I will have to track it down, I think its one I might have seen one episode of somewhere in the middle.
    imdb'ed it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412253/

It's a difficult show to sell in a trailer. I remember seeing trailers for it when it first came out and thought it looked like the O.C. (so was filed in my 'do not watch under any circumstances' category). Then I came home from uni one night and there was a random episode on. I ended up buying the box sets after that, I was so impressed.

Basically it's about a high-school chick (Kristen Bell) who is the daughter of a P.I. and runs her own little P.I. style service for people from her school. That makes it sound like a Disney show, but it goes to some very dark places. It's beautifully shot and written, and the cast is brilliant. Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni (who plays her father) in particular are amazing in it.

For me, the best TV shows are Veronica Mars, The Wire, and Firefly. Daredevil is probably knocking at the door too. Unless Band of Brothers counts as well, in which case that is a rung above all of them

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

hmm, might stick Band of brothers in the rewatch column, I don't remember it very well, there was a 3 or 4 episode german show with the same or similar name that is worth a watch too.

never watched The Wire, been waiting for it on netflix i guess.

Netflix has been boring me a bit lately, sense 8 went to shit, what did you think of the Mars series stiffy ? That was a cross between hard sci fi and documentary, futurology.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Netflix AU .. Today !

Netflix has been boring me a bit lately, sense 8 went to shit, what did you think of the Mars series stiffy ? That was a cross between hard sci fi and documentary, futurology.
    Sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for it.

Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee is pretty damn good too, there are enough episodes now that there are almost certainly comedians that you like as guests on there. Plus I have to admit that I'm a big Seinfeld fan, so the Julia Louis-Dreyfus episode was pretty awesome for the bits of Seinfeld nostalgia (I haven't seen the Michael Richards one yet).

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 17-07-2018 at 04:41 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - A #@^&% load of posts!! (6500+) Joshizzled's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA

If youíre in the mood for a crime show Iíve just finished Shetland. Itís in the same vein as Broadchurch.

Iím a massive British Noir style crime fan though

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

The Mars series is on netflix, no need to look for it
    The last season of comedians in cars is not so good imo, lesser known people.
    The julia episode was probably my highlight for the series too, she's awesome.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

Haven't gotten too far in (CICGC), but so far I liked the Trevor noah episode , real interesting insight into his background.

AUF Full Member - A #@^&% load of posts!! (6500+) Joshizzled's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA

For anyone thatís interested, season 3 of Last Chance U drops on Friday. Itís like real life Friday night Lights. I watched the first two season on a whim and really enjoyed them

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

The last season of comedians in cars is not so good imo, lesser known people.
    I can't agree with you there Stoney! Zach Galifianakis, Dave Chappelle, Ellen DeGeneres, Tracy Morgan, Dana Carvey, Kate McKinnon, Alec Baldwin, and Jerry Lewis are all from the latest collection.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I can't agree with you there Stoney! Zach Galifianakis, Dave Chappelle, Ellen DeGeneres, Tracy Morgan, Dana Carvey, Kate McKinnon, Alec Baldwin, and Jerry Lewis are all from the latest collection.
    B grade celebrities....

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    B grade celebrities....

How dare you say Alec Baldwin is a B grade celebrity. Don't you know he's the worlds greatest actor.

Only surpassed once by Garry from Team America.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I actually like Alec Baldwin, heís amazing in 30 Rock

CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Beetlejuice
    Beetlejuice
    Beetle...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I hadnt seen all of the series when I posted. The last half was a lot better.
    Actually looking at the episodes now I think I fell asleep watching ep 1 with Zach cause I don't remember seeing Dave Chapelle or Ellen at all, tracey morgan was boring as was brian regan, dana carvey creeps me out for some reason and I have no idea who hasan minhaj is .. which is where I was up to.
    I liked the last 6 eps.
    watching the ellen one now.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Give 'Final Space' a good go, first episode is the least likeable, the rest make it the best show I have seen this year.
    Its a cross between futurama, Star trek discovery, the orville and southpark .. and has references to all of them and at least a dozen other shows. Looking forward to series 2.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Give 'Final Space' a good go, first episode is the least likeable, the rest make it the best show I have seen this year.
    Its a cross between futurama, Star trek discovery, the orville and southpark .. and has references to all of them and at least a dozen other shows. Looking forward to series 2.

Can confirm just finished last episode last night

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk