AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) ImDaRAD's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

Default GTA Online Heists

This thread is for planning and discussing heists.
    Heist release on the 10th, at 17:00ish? Though playing on release is unlikely because Rockstar's servers are terrible and this is a very highly anticipated and free release so servers are going to be hit hard, we may never be able to play online ever again!

You require 4 players to complete a heist and each heist may take approximately 3 hours to complete. That's 15 hours of gameplay (maybe 60 if you want to try all roles) and if you're insane enough to attempt the Criminal Mastermind Challenge then that is going to take some planning and commitment. That's why this thread is here.

___

With the launch of GTA Online Heists imminent, we have no doubt you and your Crew are cracking your knuckles and rubbing your sticky fingers together at the prospect of pulling off elaborate robberies at some of Los Santos' most closely-guarded institutions. Massive scores of GTA$ await those with the planning and the teamwork to pull these audacious thefts off. As you're taking final roll calls on your most trusted allies ahead of the launch of Heists on March 10th, here are a few pointers to help ensure your plan is of the best-laid variety.

FOLLOW THE LEADER
    First things first: every Heist needs a leader and the Heist Leader is going to need to be at least rank 12 and own a high-end apartment with a planning board in order to co-ordinate the crime. Not only do Heist Leaders cough up all of the setup costs up-front, they have complete control over team roles and the cut of the final take each Crew Member gets. Additionally, Heist progress is only saved for the Heist Leader - so when choosing a leader it makes sense to link up with someone you can trust.

ALL TALK
    It should go without saying that good teamwork starts with communication - and headsets are important (pfft, they said the same about Destiny's Raid) to successfully pulling off Heists. Whether it's telling a lookout where they need to be, a passenger locating vehicles using the Trackify app and giving directions to the driver, or two infiltrators operating a pair of security panels in perfect sync.

ROLL CALL
    At different stages of each Heist, Crew members will be assigned different roles. These could be slightly different responsibilities within a single scenario - for example, two lookouts and a bodyguard while a buyer completes a less-then-legal exchange of information - or larger deviations, like two players patrolling in an attack chopper above while the other two infiltrate a facility below. It's important for all players to know their strengths and, in turn, for the Heist Leader to assign accordingly. If you see yourself as an ace pilot, then put in some time at the Flight School and increase that flying stat to prove it.

TOOL UP
    Professionals don't expect the customer to provide the tools for the job. While there might be some more specialized equipment that may be provided (or that you'll need to acquire) along the way, for the most part you'll be using your own custom vehicles and firearms to get by. So it's a good time to take stock and make sure your garage and your arsenal are prepared for all possibilities. Silencers on guns and RPGs in general are especially useful for certain Heists while four-door vehicles with added armor can come in handy if you like to keep your friends close. With GTA Online Heists you'll be able to unlock a range of new vehicles and gear including an extensive selection of new outfits perfect for whatever each Heist throws at you.

BONUS ROUND
    For the financially ambitious there are a few ways to increase the income from Heists in a major way. First off, each Heist has its own Elite Challenge which, upon completion, will yield a substantial cash bonus. These can be completed multiple times, but be warned: they're no cakewalk.

On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:

First Time Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward
    All In Order Challenge Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus
    Loyalty Challenge Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus
    Criminal Mastermind Challenge Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus

___

I made some player stats of the people I know the best (nearly included Punk), they are guesstimates and just for fun so don't take them too seriously
    It was hard to remember who has buzzard, who is good at flying and stuff so I could be a bit off on a few things but again, just for fun. I thought it would be cool to have

Believe some of the skills should be different? Let me know!

RAD. Silent but deadly. With well over 600 hours of experience it's easy to see why his skills are developed

Rob. An unpredictable psycho, this may be a good thing in a combat situation but be careful as he may turn on you at random

Super. Easily the most trusted member and has many hours of experience

RB. Excellent driver, really knows how to handle a car and has a great skill set

GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Brock. He's a lot newer to this whole thing but don't let that make you think that he isn't as good as the others. The guy is a natural

Sarum. Another new guy, again though, a natural. Especially in a car

As you can see we have 7 great players there that can help a noob through a heist so no one misses out or gets too frustrated (Sorry ps3 players). They shouldn't be too hard though, unless you are using free aim

Have a question or recommendation? Type away

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

If these trophies are legit then challenge accepted!

$8mil worth of heist vehicles, that means I need to earn $150k! What am I going to do?

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) Punkasaurian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Punkasaurian
    XBLA
    N/A

Looks Rad. That's a lot of cash. They must be bringing in lots of high cost items. I really hope the aircraft carrier sticks around in free mode.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the law runneth forward and back. For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+) rb---1's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    rb---1
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post

RB. Excellent driver, really knows how to handle a car and has a great skill set

Coming from you Rad, I appreciate these ratings a lot. This is almost signature worthy.

Just need to work on my availability stat. LOL

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Definitely adding this description to my sig

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) Ffizack's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    ffizack
    XBLA
    N/A

This thread is for planning and discussing heists.
    Heist release on the 10th, at 17:00ish? Though playing on release is unlikely because Rockstar's servers are terrible and this is a very highly anticipated and free release so servers are going to be hit hard, we may never be able to play online ever again!

You require 4 players to complete a heist and each heist may take approximately 3 hours to complete. That's 15 hours of gameplay (maybe 60 if you want to try all roles) and if you're insane enough to attempt the Criminal Mastermind Challenge then that is going to take some planning and commitment. That's why this thread is here.

___

With the launch of GTA Online Heists imminent, we have no doubt you and your Crew are cracking your knuckles and rubbing your sticky fingers together at the prospect of pulling off elaborate robberies at some of Los Santos' most closely-guarded institutions. Massive scores of GTA$ await those with the planning and the teamwork to pull these audacious thefts off. As you're taking final roll calls on your most trusted allies ahead of the launch of Heists on March 10th, here are a few pointers to help ensure your plan is of the best-laid variety.

FOLLOW THE LEADER
    First things first: every Heist needs a leader and the Heist Leader is going to need to be at least rank 12 and own a high-end apartment with a planning board in order to co-ordinate the crime. Not only do Heist Leaders cough up all of the setup costs up-front, they have complete control over team roles and the cut of the final take each Crew Member gets. Additionally, Heist progress is only saved for the Heist Leader - so when choosing a leader it makes sense to link up with someone you can trust.

ALL TALK
    It should go without saying that good teamwork starts with communication - and headsets are important (pfft, they said the same about Destiny's Raid) to successfully pulling off Heists. Whether it's telling a lookout where they need to be, a passenger locating vehicles using the Trackify app and giving directions to the driver, or two infiltrators operating a pair of security panels in perfect sync.

ROLL CALL
    At different stages of each Heist, Crew members will be assigned different roles. These could be slightly different responsibilities within a single scenario - for example, two lookouts and a bodyguard while a buyer completes a less-then-legal exchange of information - or larger deviations, like two players patrolling in an attack chopper above while the other two infiltrate a facility below. It's important for all players to know their strengths and, in turn, for the Heist Leader to assign accordingly. If you see yourself as an ace pilot, then put in some time at the Flight School and increase that flying stat to prove it.

TOOL UP
    Professionals don't expect the customer to provide the tools for the job. While there might be some more specialized equipment that may be provided (or that you'll need to acquire) along the way, for the most part you'll be using your own custom vehicles and firearms to get by. So it's a good time to take stock and make sure your garage and your arsenal are prepared for all possibilities. Silencers on guns and RPGs in general are especially useful for certain Heists while four-door vehicles with added armor can come in handy if you like to keep your friends close. With GTA Online Heists you'll be able to unlock a range of new vehicles and gear including an extensive selection of new outfits perfect for whatever each Heist throws at you.

BONUS ROUND
    For the financially ambitious there are a few ways to increase the income from Heists in a major way. First off, each Heist has its own Elite Challenge which, upon completion, will yield a substantial cash bonus. These can be completed multiple times, but be warned: they're no cakewalk.

On top of that, there are Special Heist Completion bonuses that can only be achieved once per person, but will add some serious zeros to your bank balance. They are as follows:

First Time Completing each Heist Finale for the first time, will net you a bonus cash reward
    All In Order Challenge Complete all Heists in order, including Setups, to receive a $1,000,000 cash bonus
    Loyalty Challenge Complete all Heists, including Setups, with the same team of players to receive an additional $1,000,000 bonus
    Criminal Mastermind Challenge Complete all Heists, in order, with the same group of players, without losing any lives, to receive a massive $10,000,000 bonus

___

I made some player stats of the people I know the best (nearly included Punk), they are guesstimates and just for fun so don't take them too seriously
    It was hard to remember who has buzzard, who is good at flying and stuff so I could be a bit off on a few things but again, just for fun. I thought it would be cool to have

Believe some of the skills should be different? Let me know!

RAD. Silent but deadly. With well over 600 hours of experience it's easy to see why his skills are developed

Rob. An unpredictable psycho, this may be a good thing in a combat situation but be careful as he may turn on you at random

Super. Easily the most trusted member and has many hours of experience

Brock. He's a lot newer to this whole thing but don't let that make you think that he isn't as good as the others. The guy is a natural

Sarum. Another new guy, again though, a natural. Especially in a car

As you can see we have 7 great players there that can help a noob through a heist so no one misses out or gets too frustrated (Sorry ps3 players). They shouldn't be too hard though, unless you are using free aim

Have a question or recommendation? Type away
    Where's my rad haha

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by rb---1 View Post
    Just need to work on my availability stat. LOL
    It's such a sad stat to look at. You just need to quit uni

Quote Originally Posted by guitar_god7007 View Post
    Definitely adding this description to my sig
    Ok, meanie

Quote Originally Posted by Ffizack View Post
    Where's my rad haha
    Silently waiting here

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

wow, Rob, such a psycho.
    its not even a little bit psycho, its certifiably psycho...
    awesome work Rob.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

Update is Live! 4.75gb

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    rb---1
    XBLA
    N/A

Has R* social club servers fallen over yet?

Super Muderator AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) mudman05's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mudman05

No doubt they have
    Interested in joining AUF?

Then follow the link ---> HERE <--- to learn how

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

So how's the heists guys?

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Joshizzled
    XBLA

I heard the servers did the usual crashing

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Me and super crashed once. Servers are unstable, but useable.

Sent using Tapatalk because my laptop is more than an arms length away and I'm a lazy sod
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) abey17's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    abey17
    XBLA
    abey17

I can't get onto the servers at all now, could last night though...

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    gogeelong

Will anyone be joining me for some heists on ps3?

(only 297 minutes until it's downloaded -_- )

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) krunt0xen's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

Servers were awful last night. Couldn't even get into a session. Arseholes have patched the sad trombone glitch & when I took a dubsta up the hill before the servers died, none spawned if you have a stockpile left over, they sell for nearly 55k now.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) B-Rock-A's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    B-Rock-A
    XBLA
    N/A

That sucks krunt, glad I've got like 10 dubsta's stockpiled then....

I didn't notice any issues last night when running through the tutorial Heist (with rb---1), although a lot of people seem to be having problems today....

Rockstars GTA Online server status;
    https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...cles/200426246

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    rb---1
    XBLA
    N/A

Not surprising the servers are shitty today. Last night we were ahead of the wave of people thanks to being in Australia. Today, half the world are probably waking up/ coming home from work to play it.

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) abey17's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    abey17
    XBLA
    abey17

Can you guys even get on, because for me it was saying cannot retrieve your save data from R* servers :/

Edit: although now it says everything is up and running according to --> https://support.rockstargames.com/hc...cles/200426246

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

I'll give it a go soon. I'm just about to get home from uni. Hopefully it's working

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

So is level 12 the minimum level just for the first heist, or for all heists?

Interested in joining AUF? Full instructions can be found HERE.

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) mstwntd1's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mstwntd1
    XBLA
    N/A

Yea my download has been dragging so hopefully give it a go lata. Sucky bout the Dubstas think I've only got my bait one too! And does anyone know if they brought in some wicked new homes/garages for us to buy?

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) hecandangle's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hecandangle
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    So is level 12 the minimum level just for the first heist, or for all heists?
    I started a heist setup as a lvl 11 and was a 12 after I'd completed it. Points to level up at the start are low. Think you need to be 12 for the final part "the heist"

Have to say I had a great time. Didn't even kill my whole squad in a chopper like I do in BF.
    Will definitely be on for more heists and thanks Luke for the invite!

I can confirm the above post

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) sspiniello's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    sspiniello
    XBLA
    N/A

Lots of fun last night the prison breake is hard still have not finished it

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Are the servers running OK now? I'm hoping to jump on tonight for a crack

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    rb---1
    XBLA
    N/A

Hey Spin, I saw your heist invite on Tuesday night and didn't realise you were AUF. Send me a Friend request mate, and I'll join you next time.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by sspiniello View Post
    Lots of fun last night the prison breake is hard still have not finished it
    Sorry i joined the wrong group XD getting spammed invites kinda just rushed n picked 1 that look familiar lol. Ended up doing the same part that i just finished with you :/.

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Are the servers running OK now? I'm hoping to jump on tonight for a crack

Had some small problems joining n just long times in loading screens which normally ended up with me getting booted out :/ but by far heists is an awesome add to gta v

Just got my high end apartment so i can start doing the heists

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+) sspiniello's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    sspiniello
    XBLA
    N/A

All good mate was getting pretty late lol

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) B-Rock-A's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    B-Rock-A
    XBLA
    N/A

Thanks for the effort put into the OP Rad, great job mate. I think you were a little too generous with the flying skills on my stats card though lol.

I will be online over the days of the weekend if anyone from AUF wants a hand to get through any of the first few Heists.