AUF
    PSN
    OvACoNfIDeNt
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Learning curve is effin vertical on this hey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ive just started this to if you're up for a game. Had the first couple of hours thinking what the hell am I doing then something just clicked and seem to be raking in Cr.

Question for the vet cmdr here.
    I have maxed out a Viper mkIV all except for the advanced scanner at 1.5mil... is it worth it? Or put that towrds the next ship?

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

I have been mostly exploring in solo mode at the moment. Mainly because I know the limits of my combat skill haha.

I watched a few videos on YouTube by some guy explaining the galaxy map and things. Without that I would still be banging around space stations getting fines lol

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by OvACoNfIDeNT View Post
    Ive just started this to if you're up for a game. Had the first couple of hours thinking what the hell am I doing then something just clicked and seem to be raking in Cr.

Question for the vet cmdr here.
    I have maxed out a Viper mkIV all except for the advanced scanner at 1.5mil... is it worth it? Or put that towrds the next ship?
    Advanced discovery scanner is worth it if anything just to save you time when entering a new system you give that a honk so you don't have to scan the navigation beacon. You can swap that into any ship you purchase as it's not locked to one ship. I haven't been on for a few days as backs been giving me grief but when I am I usually have a psn party going. So if you guys would like a chat or help/tips jump in. Also Cent an I started an 'Elite Dangerous Australian New Zealand' Community on psn with close to 100 members on last check. Drop in an say hi.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Ah crap, I was meant to scan the Nav beacons? I was wondering if they served a purpose

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY View Post
    Ah crap, I was meant to scan the Nav beacons? I was wondering if they served a purpose

Scanning the beacon shows you what is in the system. Advanced discovery scanner also does this but without the danger of stopping at the beacon. If you have any cargo then be ready to scan an scram asap. Nav beacon is where most ships who enter a system pop in. Wanted ships an pirates hang around the beacon. Number one rule in ED is never fly without a rebuy. If you die an don't have enough credits to rebuy the ship you died in then your only option will be to go back to the loan ship you started with,the sidewinder an will have to earn enough money to buy another ship again

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Here's me pootling around on a planet I discovered out around 5000lyr from the bubble. Note the Earthlike I found, very nice...

I had to go out for a little fly for an engineer unlock... Totally worth it, Came back to inhabited space with around 80mil of exploration data...

I have a Python now as my smuggling/mission ship...

I play on PC though, so if anyone is on PC, add me (smilingmonkey) for some wing action..

Advanced discovery scanner totally worth it, just bang it in every system you come to and sell the raw data, it will pay for itself in no time (if you fly around like a crazy person...get a fuel scoop.)

WaRD special consultant..

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Note to self choose a faction before starting a fight in a conflict zone XD
    been trying to do the community goals for some easy credits, never been in a conflict zone before so found out the hard way.