Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multi | Elite Dangerous

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    My only word of advise is.. get yourself a docking computer... the countless times i bounced around inside the stations trying to manually dock only to end up destroyed you couldnt count.. but once thats installed.. happy days..

Edit: and believe me.. its frustrating if and when you cock it up.
    Practise, practise, practise Des!!
    I've only screwed up about 2 dockings in >60 attempts thus far. It's actually fun (for me anyway) trying to complete that perfect dock. It's a space flight sim!

BTW, I find it helps on default controls to click L3 & switch to alternate controls whilst docking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_eFFex View Post
    So what's this like so far, but skeptical after buying no mans sky
    Loving it thus far, got me out a long gaming hiatus.
    Never played NMS, sounds similar, but this is a much better looking game with I believe more content and activities to choose from. There's no end to this game, so up to the player to determine their own "goals" and how they go about achieving them. Whether that's to own all ships, achieve max rank as Explorer/Trader, make your way to "our" Solar System etc. Role playing certainly helps to elevate the experience for some. Example, I've imagined myself as a homeless dude who just inherited a basic ship named "Virgin" and $1000 from gramps, slaving away to make a honest living performing courier runs & hauling goods, transporting passengers across/between the systems, before eventually upgrading to the current CobraMk3 "The Missus". There's also exploration, bounty hunting, mining and other activities to earn money, materials, etc. The temptations of evil deeds are always there as well...hmm Some would exploit and find the most effective ways to make money, others will just take it easy and find their own fun.

It's a bloody complicated game and there's no hand holding, so expect a steep and a long (and perhaps continuous) learning curve especially if you want to experience and master all the content Elite offers.

On Multiplayer side:
    1. CQC - team v team, free for all PvP. I haven't tried this yet, but one day will it a go.
    2. I suggest solo players to go "Open Game" --> so you can see other real players in your travels. There's always the tickle of danger, albeit extremely low, that a non-NPC player might wanna kill you! However till now, other than seeing some dude do a "Des" (i.e. killed himself trying to dock"), I've hardly gotten close to real players... but they do appear in game. Theoretically multiple solo players can group up (i.e. see each other) within their own games... something NMS erroneously hinted but couldn't deliver.
    3. Wings - up to 4 people and form a "Wing". I assume that's how Cent and Rooster play all the time. I read that being in a "Wing" does limit gameplay, in that you're flying/playing together but can't share mission goals?? Perhaps Cent/Rooster can explain.
    4. Multi-Crews - up to 3 can fly in the same ship, one helm, one gunner, and a third can launch in a fighter? Haven't tried this yet, as someone will need enough money I assume to purchase a 3 seater.

As Rooster suggested, certainly read up on this game before diving in. I think it's gonna be a fun grind to achieve my goals.
    Last edited by Chiips; 30-06-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post
    I've only screwed up about 2 dockings in >60 attempts thus far. It's actually fun (for me anyway) trying to complete that perfect dock. It's a space flight sim!

BTW, I find it helps on default controls to click L3 & switch to alternate controls whilst docking.

Never played NMS, sounds similar, but this is a much better looking game with I believe more content and activities to choose from. There's no end to this game, so up to the player to determine their own "goals" and how they go about achieving them. Whether that's to own all ships, achieve max rank as Explorer/Trader, make your way to "our" Solar System etc. Role playing certainly helps to elevate the experience for some. Example, I've imagined myself as a homeless dude who just inherited a basic ship named "Virgin" and $1000 from gramps, slaving away to make a honest living performing courier runs & hauling goods, transporting passengers across/between the systems, before eventually upgrading to the current CobraMk3 "The Missus". There's also exploration, bounty hunting, mining and other activities to earn money, materials, etc. The temptations of evil deeds are always there as well...hmm Some would exploit and find the most effective ways to make money, others will just take it easy and find their own fun.

It's a bloody complicated game and there's no hand holding, so expect a steep and a long (and perhaps continuous) learning curve especially if you want to experience and master all the content Elite offers.

On Multiplayer side:
    1. CQC - team v team, free for all PvP. I haven't tried this yet, but one day will it a go.
    2. I suggest solo players to go "Open Game" --> so you can see other real players in your travels. There's always the tickle of danger, albeit extremely low, that a non-NPC player might wanna kill you! However till now, other than seeing some dude do a "Des" (i.e. killed himself trying to dock"), I've hardly gotten close to real players... but they do appear in game. Theoretically multiple solo players can group up (i.e. see each other) within their own games... something NMS erroneously hinted but couldn't deliver.
    3. Wings - up to 4 people and form a "Wing". I assume that's how Cent and Rooster play all the time. I read that being in a "Wing" does limit gameplay, in that you're flying/playing together but can't share mission goals?? Perhaps Cent/Rooster can explain.
    4. Multi-Crews - up to 3 can fly in the same ship, one helm, one gunner, and a third can launch in a fighter? Haven't tried this yet, as someone will need enough money I assume to purchase a 3 seater.

As Rooster suggested, certainly read up on this game before diving in. I think it's gonna be a fun grind to achieve my goals.
    Excellent review mr chiips... am getting better at docking.. slow and steady is the key

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post

On Multiplayer side:

As Des said good review Mr Chiips. With being in a 'wing' as long as everyone is in the mission boards at the same time then all can see an accept the same missions.
    See you all in the black CMDR's

o7 <<o7 is a salute in ED.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Arctic-Blood's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

With the multi-crew ships you can have 2 fighters instead of the gunner and fighter, but yeah the 3 crew ships are the anaconda, type-9, beluga, imperial cutter and federal corvette.

You can also run with 2 crew instead so a pilot and gunner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning"
    Attributed to Erwin Rommel

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Good review Chips. I'm having fun at the moment, no rush just doing a bit of everything. Slowly saving my way to a adder then the cobra 3.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Is it worthwhile to get commander pack?

Want some candy

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Is it worthwhile to get commander pack?

if thats for aesthetics/ship paintjobs, totally optional. Just make sure to get the version with Horizons DLC

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

No idea I got it anyways lol

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

No idea I got it anyways lol
    then it's worth it

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I dont what the hells going on... maybe I need sleep and start again tomorrow lol

Want some candy

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Saw a few on this earlier so I bit the bullet too, only $30 but 2 minutes in a party for a quick chat made me realise that I will be buying the horizon pack tomorrow.
    I had a quick go at the tutorials and it looks fun, the last time I played Elite was on a Apple II I reckon and I only played it for an hour or so. I think it was for lack of a joystick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Well il be starting again, apparently I got a 450cr fine... was clear to take off and actually I wasn't and bumped a ship lol

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

It definitely is a grind, no two ways about it.. but an enjoyable grind.. finding just doing bounties and handing them in for a cool million credit after a 1/2 hour cruise around a high resource belt helps in raising cash to go towards a better ship.. had a go at trading, wasnt completely set up properly, but made a few hundred grand buying shit in one system and then hyper jumping 3_4 systems and loading them off.. so much is on offer to do and try out.. definitely a game for the long haul..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Well il be starting again, apparently I got a 450cr fine... was clear to take off and actually I wasn't and bumped a ship lol

Make sure if you get a fine you pay it asap. After 7 days that fine turns into a bounty. So even if you are never going to go back to the system where that fine was handed out, bounty hunters will hunt you done an kill you— all for as little as a $150 fine.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Lol I enjoy it but damn it frustrates me

Want some candy

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Been reading a lot of the info on screens, so haven't got really far into it yet... but was examining the ships and additional parts and attachments. Is it worth upgrading the original ship? Save cash for better things? Do I want more armour or something that can jump further?

Also... I've found some wanted people's, do I attack first? They don't seem bothered by me, so do I need a bounty for that person etc ?

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Been reading a lot of the info on screens, so haven't got really far into it yet... but was examining the ships and additional parts and attachments. Is it worth upgrading the original ship? Save cash for better things? Do I want more armour or something that can jump further?

Also... I've found some wanted people's, do I attack first? They don't seem bothered by me, so do I need a bounty for that person etc ?

Depends how you want to play really, combat/mine/explore/trade. I upgraded the fsd on the sidewinder so i could do more missions, small cargo/data delivery. Bounty hunting early on seems to pay well early on. Follow the space police around get a couple of shots in when they are about to destroy target and you get the bounty. I would check out the community goals i made 20mil credits from them. They reset on Thursdays i think. I would also check out the ps4 sub reddit and some youtube noob guides.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

If I had 20 mill I'd buy that star freighter thing hahaha... but I did see the community stuff but turned it off for bed. So look into it again this arvo

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Cent & rooster know there stuff jump into party chat. Im sure they would give you some good advice. I went in pretty blind, but enjoying learning the ins and out of it.
    20 mil aint much in the end..brought a cobra 3 $300k then $10 mil outfitting for exploring.
    https://coriolis.io/outfit/cobra_mk_...-kA==.Aw1-kA== rough build so far.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

One of the things that you guys should know, if it's not mentioned already, is sell or store your modules first before selling your ship, since modules still installed on ships only sell for 70% whereas if it is sold individually it's full price

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

So have any 'exploits' for making good money been found (e.g. a ridiculously profitable trade route)? They've always been a hallmark of the series lol. I suppose most have been discovered on other platforms and been patched though

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Slowly understanding this, got the cobra ship now... money doesn't seem hard to come by and not really any reason to spend big atm.

Addictive game, once again time flys and up late for a early start at work tomorrow.

Damn you fun annoying space game lol...

Is there party options, like fly together and stuff?

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    So have any 'exploits' for making good money been found (e.g. a ridiculously profitable trade route)? They've always been a hallmark of the series lol. I suppose most have been discovered on other platforms and been patched though

There still are. Mission stacking seems to be a thing - accept mission in open play - logout an then log into solo accept same mission - logout then into private an do the same. This happens/happened in a certain system where the missions are almost if not always identical no matter which mode you play. Station mission boards usually reset after a set time(don't know how long this is) when switching game modes but not in some locations. Devs know about an are not really upset about it happening because it's not game breaking. Unlike a engineering exploit in which players were able to unlock level 5 engineering with level 1 ingredients. Devs checked ingame logs an those that did this had that specific module reset. A lot of people were not happy. Some said it didn't go far enough an bans should have happened. One of the more famous griefers in the game was allegedly one to be reset. Made a lot of players happy.

Slowly understanding this, got the cobra ship now... money doesn't seem hard to come by and not really any reason to spend big atm.

Addictive game, once again time flys and up late for a early start at work tomorrow.

Damn you fun annoying space game lol...

Is there party options, like fly together and stuff?

If I see you on will send party chat mate.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Usually on from about 6pm east coast time... I'm still in solo play scared I'll be robbed lol

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Usually on from about 6pm east coast time... I'm still in solo play scared I'll be robbed lol

I wont take much

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    I wont take much
    I'd rather crash into the sun rather then you take my sweet periwinkle... yes I named my ship periwinkle lol

Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

I'd rather crash into the sun rather then you take my sweet periwinkle... yes I named my ship periwinkle lol

Pack sunscreen

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

I highly recommend that everyone should have these two 3rd party sites bookmarked an at the ready whilst playing.
    inara is a great site for any info on ED which includes up to date commodity markets, nearest stations/systems selling that one module you can't find anywhere an plenty more. Make an account to access what it has to offer.
    https://inara.cz/galaxy

Coriolis let's you put any ship build together to see its total cost, insurance, power draw an you can swap modules in an out at ease. Great site. With out it I wouldn't have my current Vulture build.

https://coriolis.edcd.io

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Forgot this one EliteDangerousDataBase. Want to plan multi trip routes. System an station info, resource an material locations an more.
    https://eddb.io

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

There was one exploit a while ago that I took advantage of for a short while, you do the same thing with the mission stacking but the missions you do would be worth about 10-20 mil each, then you have transport goods to the station. The catch is, that you'd have to jump 1000 or so ly, with a good ship you can net in about 50 mil and it only takes about 30-60 mins for one way. Can't remember the name of it however but they've changed the frequency at which you could get the missions and the payout and that indirectly changed most of the missions in Elite for a while