Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Multi | Elite Dangerous

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Yeah, I saw the no wipe thing last night too. I was kind of looking forward to another wipe honestly. I mean, every wipe has been an opportunity to start fresh, in a new area and to try different things. Of course we have the option to replicate that by simply wiping our own save and starting again I suppose.

In practical terms a lot of players have been going a bit crazy thinking that a wipe was coming and some huge fines/bounties have been accrued by players. I wonder if that is going to be 'refreshed' as the living galaxy faction political stuff becomes activated. Actually, I just wonder how much it is going to affect faction standings. I am friendly with a couple of factions through mission work, and unfriendly with a couple of pirate mobs through bounty hunting. Is that going to be reset?

Also, some of the systems I have been inhabiting have many factions in them and appear to have the groundwork laid out for some conflict as independant and federation space is quite blurred in my area. Hopefully there is going to be a bit of local conflict that requires a bit of forethought as to which side is assisted, or if any side is allied with etc.

Either way, not long to wait now. What I do know is that my Cobra is a damn nice ship and I am glad to be keeping her.

WaRD special consultant..

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Right. Yesterday, and again today, a big update to gamma 2.0 plus a little hotfix.

Faction stuff fixed up a bit and a couple of new ships. The changelog is huge.

To get it going a new launcher is needed, available from the old launcher screen or from the website. I have it running no dramas, well so far anyway.

The biggest improvement I have seen so far is a route planner in the galaxy map. It makes navigation so much easier.

Thee are also a bunch of new mission types. Like salvage missions, go find a thing ina system and bring it back. All connected to rebellions or conflict of some sort in my systems. I have not done any of them yet, but they look like some very nice early game money makers if you can avoid the cops.

Also, the expolit of finding a nice asteroid to mine, then logging out/in to reset it is gone. I never used that exploit myself, prefering the fossicking gameplay, but it's gone now so no need to even think about it when you see a rock suddenly giving 50% or more platinum.

An unfortunate new thing is wear and tear on your ship now costs to repair, I suppose that is fair enough, restoring a ship to factory new conditions for free was a little unbalanced, but some of the costs have been pretty high. That being said, I think they are looking at how long it takes to start accruing W and T, for the balance.

There is a heap more stuff: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=71785

Not long until full release now...There will probably be a few more hotfixes between now and tuesday I imagine.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) Scout___AUS's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Scout___AUS
    XBLA
    N/A

Any mission along the lines of "we need data on solar system X". I would be great to either have to get there and back in an allotted time frame or get there and back before somebody else does (i.e. hoever else also excepts the job from the space station bulletin board)

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Arctic-Blood's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

There is another little hotfix for the game.

Logged on after the update and after the changes to Gamma 2.0 you can see your influence with the systems faction, which is pretty cool. It also tells you about the sort of state the faction is in. As for an example. "Jet Dynamic Industry" the controlling faction for the station in Njikan, Smeaton Port, is expanding and has an expanding tag. It also states "Civil War Critical" so there might be a war happening, maybe.
    "Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning"
    Attributed to Erwin Rommel

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Yeah, in the Njikan newsfeed there was several stories concerning the expansion of Jet Industries. I have managed to become friendly wiith that faction, so, if a civil war erupts, I am hoping for some combat missions from them. Possibly a conflict zone at some point. Could be an opportunity to increase standing with the Federation I suppose.

I actually had to leave the system last time I played due to a bounty I recieved from cops flying in front of my guns at an extraction point conflict. I went to the system next door, Karovices, and found a black market at one of the outposts which was nice. Still Federation space and less security which should make playing a bit more fast and loose with legality a bit easier. No resources as such. The system does have two outposts though.

Edit: And now this just came to my attention. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=73386

More hotfixing.
    Last edited by themonkeysmiles; 13-12-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

Well after doing some bounty hunting. I think I turned one of the extraction points into a battlefield between the Feds and the Njikan Crew (Pirate faction). At first it was just 2 cobras and 3 miners but after some killing of wanted people, things escalated very quickly. A few minutes later I see 2 Anacondas on field, one for the Feds the other for the Njikan Crew, multiple eagles, vipers and cobras all battling out. The Anaconda for the Njikan were shooting down it's own faction because they had bounties and so did the Feds. Next thing you know there were 2 Anacondas facing each other. Scanned the Njikan Anaconda and saw it has 400CR bounty. looks like he's dead.

In all the mess and killstealing of the Feds I managed to scrape up at least 300k CR before heading back for repairs. Only a few scratches nothing much.

I decided to come back later and when I did, it was all fair and easy but one encounter turned bad. When I was trying to take down a Cobra, a fed ship behind me fired an dumbfire missile to hit the Cobra, but it ended up hitting me and doing most of my health in. After a while I had to run away and when I did, my canopy shattered and life support was activated, only 5 mins of air, oh dear. Realizing my situation I turned away and boosted away as fast as I can, managed to get out but only oxygen is the problem. If I was at Planet 4, I would've died due to the trip being 1000 LS? away I was at Planet 3 instead because it was closer and had pretty much the same thing. so I didn't die.

After all that been finished up I am upgrading my Viper bit by bit so it's fully upgraded before I take it into combat.
    Last edited by Arctic-Blood; 15-12-2014 at 03:07 AM.

AUF Full Member - Almost To The Point Of No Return (9000+) Kacoul-'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA
    Steam: Kakkers

Decided F the Feds and the Alliance, I'm moving to Empire Space. Mostly to get away from the god awful new pilots that are going to infest space today.
    "Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

So joining AUF, that's a thing and can be done HERE...do it...right MEOW!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

Arc discovered a Rebellion uprising out in Empire space tonight, just after the game went full release.

After jumping into the fight we were met with this site. Imperial Capital ship Elizabeth.

We promptly joined the fight on the Empires side and pretty quickly destroyed all the rebel ships.

"Another reason to love AUF, you guys have skills, even those of us that think we are unskilled have uber-skills compared to the ham-fisted gaming atrocities I witnessed tonight." - Smilingmonkey

"You see nurf, the problem with stupid people is, they are too stupid to realise how stupid they are, and thus these stupid people need constant reminders to not do stupid things that the rest of us just know not to do." - mmmgilly

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Oh my. How perfectly pretty.

I just upgraded to vers. 1.0.0.0 had a look in station, still got my stuff. I will play again tomorrow.

I would very much like to work out how to create a group to see how that plays.

So many more missions now. I did one completely in station. Fed rank mission, donating non-lethal weapons I bought in the market there. Easy, but tiny, rank upgrade. First step on my way to the dropship I suppose.

Oh, there are skulls and a merc paintjob in the Livery section of outfitting if no one has checked. I painted my Cobra, looks nice.

Should check out more tomorrow. Hey Kakkers, is where you are the slave revolt from Galnet?

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I still have to buy more RAM since half mine blew up, so I never bothered with the preorder. Always tight before christmas, then modem blew up as well ..
    I will be playing this though.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Scout___AUS
    XBLA
    N/A

Same here. Can this game be enjoyed with a KB/m or Xbox controller

Are the empire the bad guys aka starwars?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Kakkers-
    XBLA

Can't recall what the system name was exactly but it wasn't the one you mentioned. The war was over a rebel uprising that was being squelched by the Empire.

edit: Oh Galnet is the news service. Yes the system is Sorbago, the one mentioned on Galnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout___AUS View Post
    Same here. Can this game be enjoyed with a KB/m or Xbox controller

Are the empire the bad guys aka starwars?
    I play with K/B perfectly fine.

Don't think it's as black and white as that scout. Although most of the Feds systems are a democracy and most of the Empires a dictatorship so take from that what you will.
    Last edited by Kacoul-; 17-12-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Scout___AUS
    XBLA
    N/A

Still haven't got this yet. Cant afford the distraction haha

Anyone seen the voice control people have been doing

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

Thread revive
    This is supposed to release Q2 this year april-june on PS4

I still have elite frontier on my AMIGA cd32 console (pre-ps1). I was a little young to grasp the complexity of the game then but we discovered a glitch to get a ton of money,buy a top tier fighter and dog fight with the police

I will probably check this out when ps4 releases

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) skruff's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

Should be good, been looking forward to this.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Bit the bullet and preordered the hard copy for ps4 today..dont want to be bitten by the "no mans sky" hype again.. i do like the concept and sandbox elements.. will see if it holds my goldfish type concentration.. see you in space cent and rooster..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    skruff
    XBLA
    N/A

I preordered. Looking forward to exploring space.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Yep same here, $70 at eb for legendary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

When this was announced around the same time as Star Citizen, I was convinced it would suck in comparison (especially given David Braben's recent output), but to their credit they shipped a game that many people seem to love. I'm not desperate to play it right away, but I suspect I'll pick it up down the track. It'll be interesting to see if Battlefront 2 is able to scratch the space battle itch though (admittedly only a small part of an Elite/Frontier game).

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

For anyone interested or on the fence about this game ill be streaming it mon,wed and fri. From 9:30pm
    twitch.tv/centaurus201
    I did do a release day stream tonight that went quite well

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Good to see a few pick this up. It's got a steep learning curve so those that know very little about it please look into it before buying. That being said that's why we have party chats.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

My only word of advise is.. get yourself a docking computer... the countless times i bounced around inside the stations trying to manually dock only to end up destroyed you couldnt count.. but once thats installed.. happy days..

Edit: and believe me.. its frustrating if and when you cock it up.
    Last edited by keppida; 28-06-2017 at 03:52 PM.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

I know what you mean.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by repercuss View Post
    I know what you mean.

That was always the best and most exciting part!

These days, just make sure to pull up Spotify and play this, and you'll be fine:

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    That was always the best and most exciting part!

These days, just make sure to pull up Spotify and play this, and you'll be fine:

It actually plays the theme from " space odessy" while you dock.

AUF Full (TRIAL) Member - Like Humpty, this guy always has a crack (50+) Elharna's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Elharna
    XBLA
    N/A

I have this on Steam (picked it up during a previous sale) but haven't played it yet. Maybe I should make the time....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arctic_Blood
    XBLA
    N/A

Docking is even worse with the Type-9 freighter, even with the computer it will potentially fuck up.

Although it is fun smuggling items going through the dock at 3-400 m/s

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic-Blood View Post
    Docking is even worse with the Type-9 freighter, even with the computer it will potentially fuck up.

Although it is fun smuggling items going through the dock at 3-400 m/s

Thats ok.. i dont have 79mill to buy it anyway..

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

So what's this like so far, but skeptical after buying no mans sky

Want some candy