Dude ... where's my M16? I__NODDY__I's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    I__NODDY__I
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    I tried to view 'our rising oceans' and get video playback not available, searched on youtube for it and only found trailers and hour long click here ads.
    is it just a stupid ipad thing ? will try on PC tomorrow.
    bildebergs club works but thats vimeo hosted so I can't chromecast it.
    youtube is really starting to piss me off lately, seems its ads, region locked, can't play on this device.
    I tried on my phone and it didn't work either

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) Taperooster's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Taperooster
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by I__NODDY__I View Post
    what are you doing out of bed at this hour of the morning rooster
    Lol back wont let me sleep

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    I__NODDY__I
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm feeling your pain brother i'm just glad i can get off the medication that was the main reason i stop being a truck driver my neurosurgeon said if i don't stop driving and pick an easier job for my back or i would end up toatly fucking it up and the reason i am up this hour is my daughter possibly has kidney stones at the ambulance has just come to pick her up

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

I'm feeling your pain brother i'm just glad i can get off the medication that was the main reason i stop being a truck driver my neurosurgeon said if i don't stop driving and pick an easier job for my back or i would end up toatly fucking it up and the reason i am up this hour is my daughter possibly has kidney stones at the ambulance has just come to pick her up
    You tried a chiropractor noddy? My dad's a truck driver and if he hadn't been going to the chiropractor for such a long time his back would be fucked. Also, sucks about your daughter, hope she's ok.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    I__NODDY__I
    XBLA
    N/A

Yeah mine's the actual disc between the vertebrae i have herniated it so there's nothing they can do i can get it fused together but there is a 17 percent chance i will end up with chronic back pain forever and then there's no cure after that

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Yeah mine's the actual disc between the vertebrae i have herniated it so there's nothing they can do i can get it fused together but there is a 17 percent chance i will end up with chronic back pain forever and then there's no cure after that
    my cousin had a gyprock sheet he was fitting to a ceiling bash him on the head and knock him down the ladder, big thick fire proofing one the apprentice couldn't hold any longer and just dropped it..
    spent years in pain and finally had 3 fused I think, probaably 15 years ago, he was back on bikes within 6 months but still couldn't work as such. no heavy lifting but at least he could get around again.
    all good till he T boned a car last year and flew 60 metres stuffing his neck, upper back, legs and wrists..

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    I__NODDY__I
    XBLA
    N/A

Holy s*** i'm allowed to lift 12 kilos between my knees and my shoulders no more than 7 from my shoulders up or my knees down

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Our lightest product at work is 20kg, when I started it was 60kg. Times have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    I__NODDY__I
    XBLA
    N/A

One of the places i used to go watch documentaries was www.topdocumentaryfilms.com it was free and it was pretty damn good for remember

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

Holy s*** i'm allowed to lift 12 kilos between my knees
    holy shit dick... if mine were 12 kilos, theyd be draggin on the ground.. well done nod..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

So HBO finally released the documentary today on Scientology, 'Going Clear'I found a torrent link on reddit and it also seems to be still up on youtube.
    http://youtu.be/auKuJX1VaiI it was soon removed from vimeo.
    torrent here .. http://www.reddit.com/r/Documentarie...son_of_belief/
    People are saying if you aware of some of their darker methods you are likely not going to be surprised but for probably mainstream joe public its going to be an eye opener.
    I havent seen it yet, tomorrow .. but I predict hubbards minions are soon going to be having a 'Bad Time'.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

watching the torrent now, just be aware its hard coded german (i think) subs.
    Probably an english version around ..

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

So HBO finally released the documentary today on Scientology, 'Going Clear'I found a torrent link on reddit and it also seems to be still up on youtube.
    People are saying if you aware of some of their darker methods you are likely not going to be surprised but for probably mainstream joe public its going to be an eye opener.
    I havent seen it yet, tomorrow .. but I predict hubbards minions are soon going to be having a 'Bad Time'.
    Yes! I've been waiting for this to come out!

Sent from a galaxy far far away a long time ago (using tapatalk)

AUF Full Member - Warbird Firehead (750+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    gogeelong

Yeah watching it right now! I've seen the previous 2 BBC documentaries on it. Keen to find out more!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I haven't seen all of it yet but I really like what I have seen so far, its a few years old so predates the announcement of the Higgs Boson but this doco on CERN is pretty damn cool nonetheless..

I grabbed the slightly smaller one, sucks cause it has hard coded swedish subs, I am guessing the larger one is the same doco and has no subs .. heres the description off that..
    edit: its norwegian and embedded subs but they can be disabled .. oops

Documentary which follows six brilliant scientists during the launch of the Large Hadron Collider, marking the start of the biggest and most expensive experiment in the history of the planet. Filmed over seven years, it is an emotionally charged journey with scientists attempting to push the edge of human innovation.
    For the first time, a documentary gives viewers a front row seat to a significant and inspiring scientific breakthrough as it happens. As they seek to unravel the mysteries of the universe, 10,000 scientists from over 100 countries join forces in pursuit of a single goal - to recreate conditions that existed just moments after the big bang and find the Higgs boson, potentially explaining the origin of all matter.
    Directed by a physicist-turned-filmmaker and masterfully edited by Walter Murch (The Godfather trilogy), Particle Fever is a celebration of discovery, revealing the human stories behind this epic machine.
    I _believe_ its also on netflix, could be wrong and may be certain countrys only.

Particle Fever
    Last edited by Stonemull; 03-04-2015 at 02:49 AM.

AUF Full Member - Base Install NODDY_2-0's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    NODDY_2-0
    XBLA
    N/A

Hopefully i can get some spare time today to watch this

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

I haven't seen all of it yet but I really like what I have seen so far, its a few years old so predates the announcement of the Higgs Boson but this doco on CERN is pretty damn cool nonetheless..

I grabbed the slightly smaller one, sucks cause it has hard coded swedish subs, I am guessing the larger one is the same doco and has no subs .. heres the description off that..
    edit: its norwegian and embedded subs but they can be disabled .. oops

I _believe_ its also on netflix, could be wrong and may be certain countrys only.

Particle Fever
    Seen that one and it's great! If not on netflix or equiv. then worth a download.

Think it's the US netflix

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Snickersma View Post
    Seen that one and it's great! If not on netflix or equiv. then worth a download.

Think it's the US netflix

Yep, was great .. silly me, it does include the Higgs Boson announcement, I thought it predated it.
    really interesting and learnt a lot, never realised how surprising the mass turned out to be as I thought all that was sort of known by theory before discovery.
    but no, it wasn't .. smack in the middle between super symmetry and the multiverse .. left em all scratching their heads in the end lol.

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) PwnazorusRexx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    PwnazorusRexx
    XBLA
    N/A

Currently watching TT3D: Closer to the Edge. Documentary about the Isle of Man TT. Man these guys are nuts, I really want to go over there and watch a race. Don't think I want to race it, but it would be amazing to watch.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Are you watching it in 3d pwnz?

Its well done and pretty spectacular.

I watch the TT on telly every year. Always good.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) PwnazorusRexx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    PwnazorusRexx
    XBLA
    N/A

Nah, its not the 3D one. Its very well done. Guy is such a funny bloke, very anal about his bike. Loves a good wank.

Whens it on and what channel? I only just found out about it really. Bit slow!

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Caught Heart of Darkness on SBS again last night. I think at this point the making of the film has almost surpassed the actual film.

Probably the greatest making of doco, although I still need to see A.K Akira Kurosawa (the making of RAN),

Man, that Dennis Hopper man, the light through the trees illuminates to truth man, it's like one man picks an orange so another man falls, when you drink the blood spills, I wear glasses to see the assassins behind me man.

With the health of Marty Sheen, the other worldliness of Hopper, coupled with the aloofness and power struggle of Brando, I don't know how Coppola did it. I guess making another film after that would be a cinch.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by PwnazorusRexx View Post
    Nah, its not the 3D one. Its very well done. Guy is such a funny bloke, very anal about his bike. Loves a good wank.

Whens it on and what channel? I only just found out about it really. Bit slow!
    Start of June.

http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Info/Qualify...-Schedule.aspx

Guy does a bunch of other shows since as well. He is awesome.

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

The story of film is airing on SBS from tonight, gonna record it for sure.

1895-1918 tonight, I can only imagine the explosion of creativity during the early years of the medium. Looking forward to the moment where people began to understand it's liberating power to tell a story.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Aww shite forgot about that! Will have to rig it up on SBS on demand!

Just watched a doco on SBS about the London Cross Tunnel... They bored a 900 tonne drilling rig within 30 cm clearance of the top of a working Tube tunnel (while it was fully operational with passengers etc) ... Crazy!!

AUF Full Member - Base Install NODDY_2-0's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    NODDY_2-0
    XBLA
    N/A

There is a documentary on foxtel channel 610 starting sunday the 24th at 8 p.m. about photographers and they're experiences photographing wild animals it is called tales by light it features a different photographer every week
    Last edited by NODDY_2-0; 07-05-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Caught a few recently,

Marwencol
    After a vicious attacks leaves him brain-damaged and broke, Mark Hogancamp seeks recovery in "Marwencol", a 1/6th scale World War II-era town he creates in his backyard.

Dark Days
    A cinematic portrait of the homeless population who live permanently in the underground tunnels of New York City

Harlan County U.S.A
    A filmed account of a bitterly violent miner strike.

All three are incredible in their own ways.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Going to watch The Battered Bastards of Baseball tonight.

It is an odd thing, I don't follow baseball, don't think I have ever seen an entire game yet there is something about it that makes it kind of magic on film.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default The Documentary thread

Finally got around to grabbing Leah Remini's 'Scientology and the aftermath', did not bother before thinking it would be more of the same.
    I was wrong, only on the 4th episode currently but she is talking to ex-leaders, the higher ups, very powerful stuff. This cult needs to be stopped and the best way to start is if everyone gets themselves educated on this evil, I think the least I can do is watch it, actually I can't stop anyway, I will have seen them all by tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Found some Old travel shows from Clive James called Postcard From...

This guy is incredible, quick wit, linguistic genius.