Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627 LastLast

Thread: The Motorcycle Thread

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

WA sounds like a pain in the arse lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) Rob_Cliffeild's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA
    Steam: Rob_Cliffeild

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    Going to get three or four lessons of 1 & 1/2 half hours to get everything down pat. Then, unfortunately I have to be supervised whilst riding (no logbook though) with someone who has had their bike license for four years. Fuck you WA. Might have to do some practice on some "private roads", then get my mate to cruise with me when he is free.
    How long for you have to keep your learners?

Qld is 3 months now I believe then you go get your probationary low cc for 2 years then probationary unrestricted for one year.

Thankfully I only had to keep my learners for half an hour before doing test for probationary low cc then wait a year for unrestricted.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    OMG, GPS Russia is the best! My favourite is still N 59 56' 19.9062", E 30 18' 41.601", that video went off!
    Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--
    make sure you click that link that Rob posted above, it explains what you need to do.

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Cliffeild View Post
    How long for you have to keep your learners?

Qld is 3 months now I believe then you go get your probationary low cc for 2 years then probationary unrestricted for one year.

Thankfully I only had to keep my learners for half an hour before doing test for probationary low cc then wait a year for unrestricted.

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it is 3 months.

Have my first lesson tomorrow and its a 2 hour introductory on a 250. Very VERY excited! (Although is currently raining, could be interesting...)

Have a mate thats also willing to sell me his ER6-NL, so if I like that, I'll take it off his hands.

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

Can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it is 3 months.

Have my first lesson tomorrow and its a 2 hour introductory on a 250. Very VERY excited! (Although is currently raining, could be interesting...)

Have a mate thats also willing to sell me his ER6-NL, so if I like that, I'll take it off his hands.
    Rain is fine. All you need to remember is be smooth and don't cut your throttle. Also follow everything the instructors tell you even if your body says that's stupid or scary.

OMG, GPS Russia is the best! My favourite is still N 59 56' 19.9062", E 30 18' 41.601", that video went off!
    Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--
    make sure you click that link that Rob posted above, it explains what you need to do.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Im sold. Rode around for 2 hours on a 125 and Instructor was pretty stoked with how quick I picked it up. Rode around some main roads & streets to end it off.

Was doing 40, could have sworn I was doing 80. Feels incredible. Doing a few more lessons this week (riding around more cars and familiarising myself with traffic etc). Might test ride some bikes in 2 weeks or so.

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

Im sold. Rode around for 2 hours on a 125 and Instructor was pretty stoked with how quick I picked it up. Rode around some main roads & streets to end it off.

Was doing 40, could have sworn I was doing 80. Feels incredible. Doing a few more lessons this week (riding around more cars and familiarising myself with traffic etc). Might test ride some bikes in 2 weeks or so.
    And that is how Hotty got out of gaming ever second now consumed by fuel grease and two wheels

Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

And that is how Hotty got out of gaming ever second now consumed by fuel grease and two wheels

Happily going to throw myself headfirst into this money pit! Had another 2 hour lesson today, and another tomorrow afternoon. Absolutely loving it so far! Did a coast run today and holy shit, everything is so much better on a bike!

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default The Motorcycle Thread

Happily going to throw myself headfirst into this money pit! Had another 2 hour lesson today, and another tomorrow afternoon. Absolutely loving it so far! Did a coast run today and holy shit, everything is so much better on a bike!
    It's funny how motorcycle touring really makes you feel like you're there, completely unlike a car. You'd think a motorcycle helmet would insulate you from it, like sitting in the cabin of a car, but for whatever reason it just doesn't. You really feel like you're present, not just observing. It's pretty awesome.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+) Arlo_007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Arlo_007
    XBLA
    N/A

Track Days! Track Days! Track Days!

Once you have more confidence get yourself to a track day - That is, if you really want to get yourself consumed by a 2 wheel addiction. It's also the best place to learn how in control you can be without distraction
    You'll be scouring the internet for trailers and tyre warmers in no time!

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

MotoGP is already shaping up to be another great year.

Vinales showing tremendous speed but yet to show his teeth in a fierce battle, as well as showing a slight chink in his Armour when people get a little too close.

Marqeuz tearing about manhandling the Honda to do his bidding, Pedrosa looking feisty.

Lorenzo treading water, while Ducati seem less sans wings.

Upstarts Folger and Zarco going all out to impress, and impress they do.

Cranky Cal Crutchlow falling, and finishing sometimes as well.

Miller maturing, Iannone spicy, lambasting the Suzuki.

All the while the old boy Rossi is defying the odds and terrible grid positions to be up there on a Sunday, 22 years into his career dude looks like he is 10 years younger during the races.

Love this sport.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

Got bored so I added some tank grips to the vfr.

Came out alright for having to create my own template and cut the material myself.

Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Got bored so I added some tank grips to the vfr.

Came out alright for having to create my own template and cut the material myself.

Looks very slick mate.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Capable of Melting Worlds (7000+) PwnazorusRexx's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    PwnazorusRexx
    XBLA
    N/A

RIP Nicky though. Good career cut way too short.

Glad to see you've joined the dark side Hotty, there's just nothing like riding man. It will quickly take over your life and frankly, it's worth it. I wouldn't give up riding for anything now and it'll stay that way. Wear all the gear all the time. I ride around in like 1800 worth of gear and thats cheap. Skins worth more.

Still own my Blade, she has a piece of my heart that no bike will ever fill the same way and my 250 is still sitting out the back on my house waiting to be raced.

Sent from my X9009 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) OldSarum's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Okie. So who here has learned to ride at age 30 and then got their licence in queensland.

Also what is a good wat to do it. Ie Qride or conventional. Do you need another person to ride with you when you are on your L's

Thirdly im looking for a good LAMs approved motorbike but have never bought one before so any tips on what i should look out for when buying second hand. Im looking at possibly the Yamaha FZ6R

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

The only law i know on bikes with an "L" plate is that you need to be with a licenced rider either on another bike or following in a car..

Edit:... but that was 40yrs ago when I had my learners.. shit has probably changed.
    Last edited by keppida; 19-06-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    The only law i know on bikes with an "L" plate is that you need to be with a licenced rider either on another bike or following in a car..

Edit:... but that was 40yrs ago when I had my learners.. shit has probably changed.
    That sucks. I really dont know anyone else with a licence who lives locally

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Default The Motorcycle Thread

I don't believe that is the case anymore. At least in NSW, you don't need to be trailed.

EDIT: it seems you do have to be supervised lol. Screw that!

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/lic...ting/learning/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY; 19-06-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by OldSarum View Post
    That sucks. I really dont know anyone else with a licence who lives locally

Got a mate doing it at the moment. Both him and I are not thirty so can't comment about age criteria.

Qld to do learners you need to do qride course successfully to then apply for l's

Then you can ride for 3 months using your fancy yellow tag of shame if you have another licensed motorcycle rider that has held the class you are going for (re) for over a year.

After 3 months you get to do a qride course. On successfull completion you go to tmr and ask them to upgrade your license as per paperwork from qride(upgrade is free from tmr)

For the next two years you are stuck on a 650 or less but you can ride by yourself.

After two years guess what.. That's right another qride course. Once successfully completed that's right back to tmr for upgrade.

Now you have a license equivalent to your car license for a motorcycle.

Well that's if you didn't get repetitively fined and lost all your points for those awesome wheelies and high speed overtakes past cops. (I kid.... NO one in Queensland that does this is alive anymore)

Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Got a mate doing it at the moment. Both him and I are not thirty so can't comment about age criteria.

Qld to do learners you need to do qride course successfully to then apply for l's

Then you can ride for 3 months using your fancy yellow tag of shame if you have another licensed motorcycle rider that has held the class you are going for (re) for over a year.

After 3 months you get to do a qride course. On successfull completion you go to tmr and ask them to upgrade your license as per paperwork from qride(upgrade is free from tmr)

For the next two years you are stuck on a 650 or less but you can ride by yourself.

After two years guess what.. That's right another qride course. Once successfully completed that's right back to tmr for upgrade.

Now you have a license equivalent to your car license for a motorcycle.

Well that's if you didn't get repetitively fined and lost all your points for those awesome wheelies and high speed overtakes past cops. (I kid.... NO one in Queensland that does this is alive anymore)

What do you do if you dont know any licence riders to follow you around

I know probably 1 person in my friends group who has a licence. Why'd they make it so hard haha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

What do you do if you dont know any licence riders to follow you around

I know probably 1 person in my friends group who has a licence. Why'd they make it so hard haha.

You wait 3 months then do your q ride again so you can upgrade to re's so you can ride by yourself.

Other wise what part of the great state you hail from? Rexxy is up in the south hills and I am south Brisbane. Not sure who else is around these days.

Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I thought part of the Qride thing is they have like half a dozen bikes cruising with a front and rear guard, I see them all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    I thought part of the Qride thing is they have like half a dozen bikes cruising with a front and rear guard, I see them all the time.

Yeah that is for re or r class assessment of on road ability. But if you want to ride on your L's then you need someone you know take you out

Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Yeh ok, I thought they had L's but I guess not.
    Where abouts are you, maybe stick a request up on gumtree, there would be plenty of peeps looking for an excuse for a ride, especially if you chucked a few beers at them ir something.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

There are usually quite a few motorcycle social groups online that organise regular rides. If you ask nicely I'm sure they wouldn't mind a learner tagging along.

Try posting on some of the motorcycle forums that you are looking for someone to ride with. Most guys that ride are pretty good about helping other riders as long as your happy to talk about bikes all day long. They can also be good at giving you pointers and safety tips.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Yeah cool thanks for the pointers. Anyway looks like it wont be happening just yet. Promised id take Frenchy on a snow holiday, so that takes financial priority over buying a bike right now haha.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Motorcycle ski holidays are fun, camped by the side of Lake Jindabyne in winter. (ok, we had a ute)

Was a while ago, we went to the bowls club to see some little band called 'inks' .. (spelled inxs), they were 2 hours late, some lame excuse about the bus stuck in snow on a hairpin blah blah.
    We left early to get up at dawn, gave the lead singer the finger as I left and the fucker laughed at me.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Motorcycle ski holidays are fun, camped by the side of Lake Jindabyne in winter. (ok, we had a ute)

Was a while ago, we went to the bowls club to see some little band called 'inks' .. (spelled inxs), they were 2 hours late, some lame excuse about the bus stuck in snow on a hairpin blah blah.
    We left early to get up at dawn, gave the lead singer the finger as I left and the fucker laughed at me.

What's he doing these days?

Too soon?

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) keppida's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Keppida/desjosie
    XBLA
    whats Live?

What's he doing these days?

Too soon?

I think he's hanging about.... albeit a little choked up over something..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    OldSarum
    XBLA
    N/a

Quote Originally Posted by keppida View Post
    I think he's hanging about.... albeit a little choked up over something..
    Sounds like a pain in the neck

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Throttle hand has been getting itchy.
    You all have very pretty bikes, mine are not .. decided it was time to get the FJ moving again, I bought it 10 years ago, rode it home and parked it in the shed..
    Then I might go buy a battery for the K100 on monday, missed the battery shop today.

http://imgur.com/a/Hq1va the start of a project