Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4 Firmware Updates

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Depends on the game, and the devs. Bungie were happy with 30 for their FPS, id wanted 60 for theirs.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    After Bungies recent efforts Iím starting to think that they are just a lazy ass studio, with little interest in what players want. Canít say Iíll ever be playing Destiny again at this rate.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lex_stone_76's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lex_stone_76
    XBLA
    N/A

60fps should be a goal for true next gen, imo 30fps doesn't compare. Doesn't need to be 4k60, can be an upscaled lower res and still look good (and let's face it, for the price range they need to shoot for - $400 American - mainstream 4k60 won't be possible anyway).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by lex_stone_76 View Post
    60fps should be a goal for true next gen, imo 30fps doesn't compare. Doesn't need to be 4k60, can be an upscaled lower res and still look good (and let's face it, for the price range they need to shoot for - $400 American - mainstream 4k60 won't be possible anyway).

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    People said this during the PS2 and PS3 gens too, but unfortunately it's not going to happen. Some devs will pick 60fps as a conscious design choice, but they'll be a minority.

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    Canít say Iíll ever be playing Destiny again at this rate.

Wow Loco, never thought I'd hear you say that!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I wouldn't mind some more QOL updates.

How about:

A battery percentage instead of bars for the controller, could display how many hours it has been on since last charge, and how many left until empty.

Perhaps a similar feature with games, how many hours played, last played etc.

A PS4Pro supported indicator on the game thumbnail, maybe even a list of features.

Change icon colours along with message colours, blue icons on most themes don't look too flash.

Allow to change layout of the option button list, ie delete game is too close to check for update, I almost accidentally deleted GT Sport while looking to update it manually.

Save custom controller mappings/settings for individual games.

Ability to sort games by alphabet,size etc, automatically.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by jackal_84 View Post
    Wow Loco, never thought I'd hear you say that!

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk
    Deadstiny...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Quote Originally Posted by Smajs View Post
    I wouldn't mind some more QOL updates.

How about:

A battery percentage instead of bars for the controller, could display how many hours it has been on since last charge, and how many left until empty.

Perhaps a similar feature with games, how many hours played, last played etc.

A PS4Pro supported indicator on the game thumbnail, maybe even a list of features.

Change icon colours along with message colours, blue icons on most themes don't look too flash.

Allow to change layout of the option button list, ie delete game is too close to check for update, I almost accidentally deleted GT Sport while looking to update it manually.

Save custom controller mappings/settings for individual games.

Ability to sort games by alphabet,size etc, automatically.
    Being able to sort the order of the TV & Video folder would be fantastic.

I'd also take being able to move Netflix and etc to the main XMB screen.

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) Sir_eFFex's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sir_eFFex
    XBLA
    N/A

I'd like to reorder my menu, instead of moving around from last used. But the Netflix on XMB would be the best

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Want some candy

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

So annoying that the Video stuff, ie netflix and my Plex are hidden away in another app instead of being able to have it on the home page

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Super-sampling hope is fading...
    THE TIME IS NOW

From the 5.50 Beta

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Wstecz for me i'm afraid...
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Playstation 4 Firmware Updates

I love that they released this literally the same day that I finally bought a 4K TV and no longer have a need for it lol. You're welcome.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I love that they released this literally the same day that I finally bought a 4K TV and no longer have a need for it lol. You're welcome.
    Ha I am picking up a 4K set next week too, fuckin' Sony has the timing of a politician's handshake, ya gotta love 'em.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Playstation 4 Firmware Updates

If you applied to join the Beta then check your emails, Beta codes have been sent out to those who were successful. I have two extra codes if anyone wants them.

Main features in version 5.50 beta update

As a family manager, parent, or guardian, you can now monitor your child's time played (the amount of time they've spent logged in to the PS4) and set restrictions accordingly. To manage play time settings for each child, select (Settings) > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [Family Management].
    You can view your child's total time played for the day. You can limit how long your child plays per day, and set playable hours to prevent play late at night or other unwanted times. Restrictions can be set for each day of the week.
    When the set play time ends, a pop-up notification appears repeatedly on the screen to let your child know that they're out of play time. If you choose, the PS4 can automatically log your child out when play time ends.
    You can also extend or shorten your child's play time on the day they play.
    o You can view and manage your child's play time anytime from your PC or smartphone using the (PlayStation App) or by visiting this website. https://www.playstation.com/acct/family

The following features have been added to (Library).
    [PlayStation Plus] will now appear if you were ever a PlayStation Plus subscriber. You can keep track of all your free PS Plus games.
    You can now hide games and applications you no longer need from [Purchased]. Highlight a game or application, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Do Not Show Content Item in [Purchased]].

Other features in version 5.50 beta

You can now customize logos and backgrounds with your favorite images. On the image selection screen, select image files from a USB storage device. Customize any of the following.
    Team logo
    Team cover image
    Background image for the home screen
    Image for the message group

On the quick menu, (Online Friends) has been changed to (Friends). From here, you can view online Friends and custom lists.

Music playback functions on the quick menu have been improved.

You can now create events from the team profile screen. On the screen, select [Events] > [Create Event for This Team].

Easily find games that can be played on PlayStation VR from the home screen or (Library). (PS VR) appears next to supported games.

You can now delete notifications. Select (Notifications) to display the notifications list, press the OPTIONS button, and then select [Delete].

Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 07-02-2018 at 11:00 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I also have a spare code if anyone wants it.

I like the R1/L1 to quickly zoom left or right, so snappy.

The PSVR icon on the title is nice, wish they had a Pro supported logo too.

And the supersampling is good, funny though the notification that supersampling was enabled came up when I was messing about with Pool, didn't know that was updated for the Pro.

That restrict time feature could have other uses, you could set yourself challenges on how fast to complete a level/action etc. Add a bit of tension to a game where the countdown is on.

The wallpaper import is fine, but those huge blue boxes are still an eyesore, blue balls are no good, blue boxes are not that much more pleasant.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

My favourite new feature is definitely being able to set one of your custom friends lists as the default listing of Frirnds in the Quick Menu (and being able to quickly change it).

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Firmware 5.50 is out, and mandatory. Same features as the 5.50 beta firmware.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Firmware 5.53 is out. This one is optional, with the only release notes being that it improves system performance. It's widely speculated that it's related to God of War. Download size is 459.9 MB.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Firmware 5.53-01 is out. Improves system performance. No info on why it has a weird version number yet.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Firmware 5.53-01 is out. Improves system performance. No info on why it has a weird version number yet.
    The weird thing is it did not require a reboot, I wonder if these smaller patches will be indicative of the future of the PS4, perhaps all of the major updates have been and gone?

Updates that don't require a shut-down are welcome though.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

5.55 is out, same patch notes as always.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I am on the 6.00 Beta firmware, only thing I have noticed so far is smoother menu, external SSD feels like it loaded slightly faster (note that there was a warning about external drives not being compatible with previous firmware after 6.00 so I assume there were changes), and when I booted GT sport I got a notification that the screen resolution was changed by application.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I am on the 6.00 Beta firmware, only thing I have noticed so far is smoother menu, external SSD feels like it loaded slightly faster (note that there was a warning about external drives not being compatible with previous firmware after 6.00 so I assume there were changes), and when I booted GT sport I got a notification that the screen resolution was changed by application.
    I got selected too but haven't installed it yet. Small quality of life and performance improvements, eh? Maybe prepping for name change in the final firmware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I think Name change is possibly one of the only remaining "big issues" in regards to the PS4 that most people still want?
    Most of the much sought-after features have been taken care of.

External HDD
    Boost Mode
    etc.

Still some smaller ones I would like to see such as easier wallpaper integration, custom theme import like the PS3 has.

Local co-op/multiplayer should also allow others to log in with their profiles to unlock and progress for their accounts, so annoying when you play some sports titles and other players have to log in as guest rather than their own accounts, even when they are on my PS4 as a user too.

The real biggie though would have been the inclusion of UHD support but that ship has sailed when the Pro was unveiled.
    Last edited by Smajs; 02-08-2018 at 10:22 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

I think Name change is possibly one of the only remaining "big issues" in regards to the PS4 that most people still want?
    Most of the much sought-after features have been taken care of.

External HDD
    Boost Mode
    etc.

Still some smaller ones I would like to see such as easier wallpaper integration, custom theme import like the PS3 has.

Local co-op/multiplayer should also allow others to log in with their profiles to unlock and progress for their accounts, so annoying when you play some sports titles and other players have to log in as guest rather than their own accounts, even when they are on my PS4 as a user too.

The real biggie though would have been the inclusion of UHD support but that ship has sailed when the Pro was unveiled.
    I think there's still plenty of room for filesystem improvements, if nothing else; it's more a question of whether Sony think it's worth the investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) mmmgilly's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    mmmgilly2
    XBLA
    N/A

That's allready a thing, it's up to the game specific devs to implement it. the borderlands collection allows it and it works.
    "Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am at 80,000ft and climbing"

"What have I done, that poor dog" GuitarGod-2016

"thanks to gilly for giving me "head" ....... shots.. 5 to be exact.. thanks bud.. took a load off .." Keppida aka Des 2017

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Encountered an issue that I think needs fixing ASAP, making physical save files compatible with digital for all titles, it works with some.

I picked up Dying Light Enhanced in the sale and was excited to see the new areas since my last play through only to have to start all over again because the digital version did not recognize the physical disc version save file. Seems PS4 treats some disc versions as a separate game to the digital version, would be nice if they fixed that.

Another issue is on the store, some bundles on sale, such as the Prey/Dishonoured 2 (U, F,US) are not available for purchase if you had previously downloaded the trial version, 'naff.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

I just had an odd experience, not sure if it is related to the Firmware or my TV but I booted up the PS4 and powered on the TV and noticed that the picture mode did not automatically switch to GAME, went to display settings and although the resolution was set at 2160p it stated it was also unsupported next to it, even stranger was that I was able to select the super-sampling option even though it is usually unobtainable on a 4K set, weird.

Restarted the PS4 and it is back to normal.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    SpudRotor
    XBLA
    SpudRotor

I had GTSport Disc. bought the Digital and had to rrdownload the whole game. thats just poor design. they really need make it adapt.

Thats an odd one. i had some odd display issues a while ago where it was all the wrong colour. reboot fixed it

Sent from my GALAXY far far away.
    Spud out...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Yep, the digital vs physical thing is annoying as hell, odd since it seems that they are wanting to go towards a more digital future, gonna be a pain if they don't allow progress to transfer between the mediums going forward.

I suppose that the install file regarding the physical disc needs to read the disc, that will verify it before booting to prevent people just installing the games and then taking the disc back to the store, but surely when you purchase a digital license it could/should be able to use that activation to allow the game to run? then again making sense doesn't really factor into corporations much.