Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H-Hour: World's Elite (spiritual successor to Socom 1 & 2)

AUF Friend - Random (+20) Shadow_kat's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Shadow_Kat
    XBLA
    N/A

Default H-Hour: World's Elite (spiritual successor to Socom 1 & 2)

Howdy folks.

Being a primarily playstation based clan, there must be some others around here who have fond memories of the original Socom games. Socom 2 was the game that launched me into online gaming and chewed up great swathes of my childhood free time. The following games were good, but never quite captured me in the same way as Socom 1 and 2 did. With Zipper interactive dead and burried, my hopes of one day seeing a return to the early days of socom were dashed and relegated to distant memories followed by nostalgic sighs.

That is until I came across this today:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...0?ref=category

The creative director of the first two games has assembled a new team and is looking to recapture what made the first games great. He will obviously do a much better job of explaining the project than I could, so if you are interested, please check out the above link and watch the video/read the page. If you want to get in on this project, you'd best make it fast since at the time of writing there are only 3 days left before the campaign ends and you miss your chance to grab the game for as little as $15.

Ill end by including a snippet from the "why now" section of the page

"Because shooters don’t have to be about long cutscenes or pointless “wow” moments. They don’t need to involve sprinting around constrictive maps and magnetic bullets. They shouldn’t involve overly scripted AI behaviors that are exactly the same every time you play. Or driving a truck through Manhattan on a rail while the city explodes due to unknown causes. They shouldn’t be ranked by who has the biggest explosions and their greatest appeal shouldn’t be “everybody else is playing it.” No, really they should be about connecting on a human level with other players, honoring the contributions of our military colleagues through respect for authenticity, and bringing like-minded people together online to strategize, execute and win."

I don't like to think of myself as strange. I prefer... abstract

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

This game hit it's 200k goal a few days ago so it's in full swing. PS4 demo in about 6 months time

I thought Confrontation was pretty good, probably the best tac shooter of this hardware gen. but if they can capture the gameplay of S2 it'll blow it away. Keen.

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

What Socom...where.... I'm interested!!!

Agreed, Confrontation was fantastic, if only they hadn't released "that" beta which ended up scaring heaps of people away.

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

I'm itching for this one TallPaul. It'll be coming out for PC and PS4

Comparing SOCOM and H-HOUR

spoilered for size

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Yeah, I'll defo get it. Couldn't give a toss about graphics (which will obviously improve anyway) as long as the gameplay is there.

Also, victory dances ftmfw!

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

defo getting this, finally be able to use legitimate tactics once again hopefully the worst enemy thing is like on far cry 3 with the humiliation moves

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

AUF Full Member - A #@^&% load of posts!! (6500+) nurfman's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    nurfman
    XBLA
    nurfman11

I love SOCOM and i especially loved MAG

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

Oh man , so much fun had on GRAW and to a lesser extent SOCOM .

I love running around through smoke and tagging a squad like a motherfucker but there is something special about the tight, tense , tactical torture that games such as these can provide.

Even though it was way back in 2007 and my first online gaming experience , GRAW hardcore and no respawn still sticks in my head as one of the greatest and at the same time heart pounding amazing gaming moment so far.

From the moment the round started I knew it would be a beauty , we formed a party of two mini squads and ventured forth covering every corner and stopping at the slight glint of light or sound.

Scanning the area for what seemed an eternity before the all clear is signaled as we press on , up ahead we are greeted with a smoke barrage , I knew it was a ruse but two of my squad took the bait and attempted to flank, they met their demise as my fears were met, two snipers were perfectly positioned to the edge of the smoke instead of behind, the cries that came over the mic were deafening as our predominately Aussie group let fly with the vitriolic vernacular that makes our language oh so great.

Another one bit the dust as he got antsy, the tension of no movement overwhelmed his psych forcing him to venture forwards in the sphincter pattern ambush , he was squeezed from all sides in a barrage of gun fire , luckily for me this provided a precious glimpse of the enemy which I took without hesitation, headshot on the first as I deliberately took the long way to my next victim, caught him from behind, scoping the hill he thought I would take, ha ha ha , the fool met his match as i put him out of his misery only to drop a rocket in my pants as I was greeted with a freeze over the comms, this game allowed mic chat between both sides.

He had me, told me to stay still , no doubt he was approaching for the melee or the nut drop...little did he know that the other AUFer Gza was still alive as well , he ghosted the enemy right to me before proceeding to dispatch of him just before my demise...ok ,ok 2 vs 2 now ,hands sweating as my pizza is cold and my drink hot, tense minutes of stalemates ensues as the clock is winding down , out of nowhere a stray grenade wounds gza, I am now in the awkward position of risking the rescue or hoping he doesn't bleed out before the timer stops, fuck it , AUF motherfuckers we don't give up , I throw smoke to mask my approach, about ten feet away I spot the glint of an enemies scope, the rat is in the bag,like the wind expelling out from my pants and tearing the couch asunder (damn spicy pizza) I fly in an arcing pattern behind my foe, if only I saw his buddy covering him....I kill one and try to arc my gun still in auto fire towards the other but just as the reticule centers on his prone torso I hear the click of an empty gun, i had blown my load too early one again, I reach for my sidearm too late as I fall in a hail of bullets and with that the timer ends..if only I lasted just 10 more seconds ...oh well, there is always another game.

Good times.
    Last edited by Smajs; 06-08-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

A pants 'not even alpha it's so early' bit of leaked gameplay. Defo has SOCOMness

No idea if this link works...

http://youtu.be/_0QQPa6GkuU

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app

AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

Saw these on reddit and GAF. Seem legit.

Sent from an iPad 1 on iOs7
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

Looks half decent, hopefully there will be some in depth realistic customisation options available

Sent from outside the wire via radio comms

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

As long as it's no respawn, no regen health with tactical game modes. Something different from all the clunge that's currently out there...

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by Tallpaul77 View Post
    As long as it's no respawn, no regen health with tactical game modes. Something different from all the clunge that's currently out there...

Something where a medic has a needed role, not just a quick defib and share of the box, maybe have an animation where it shows the player working on another team mate treating a GSW or something. Although I wouldn't mind respawns in but with the health regen, nowhere near as quick as battlefield is.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

We were just talking about this TP the other day. Your link didn't work, removed by user.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Something where a medic has a needed role, not just a quick defib and share of the box, maybe have an animation where it shows the player working on another team mate treating a GSW or something. Although I wouldn't mind respawns in but with the health regen, nowhere near as quick as battlefield is.

Like America's Army! You can bleed to death (if wound is severe enough) unless a medic patches you up to stop the bleeding.

If they learnt anything from Socom Special Forces, H-Hour will be mainly no-respawn.

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post
    We were just talking about this TP the other day. Your link didn't work, removed by user.
    It was up for a while... Gotta be quick.

It MUST be no-respawn! But with a non-ranked muck about respawn option for warming up

I still have Confrontation, can't bring myself to trade it even though I never play it anymore. The best shooter on PS3!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

It was up for a while... Gotta be quick.

It MUST be no-respawn! But with a non-ranked muck about respawn option for warming up

I still have Confrontation, can't bring myself to trade it even though I never play it anymore. The best shooter on PS3!
    TP, did you ever play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising?

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    TP, did you ever play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising?

Yeah, I loved the co-op MP was a bit pap tho. I also bought Red River but I didn't really bother with that as much, I had a game or two with some AUFers which was fun but didn't play it again.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Looks like Socom lol.

Could be a great shooter, I doubt it'll get massive ratings or sales and therefore probably a pretty small aussie community (which means playing with yanks). Still keeping a keen eye on it

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Last I heard Yanks are playing on the Aussie Confrontation servers Theirs are broken and I can't imagine a patch has been released.

Has Sony abandoned the IP and that is how these guys are able to 'clone' SOCOM? Anyone can look at the game and know it's the same game with a different title.

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

The main guy behind this is the Socom guy so aside of the name its his property I guess. Sony seemed to be trying to reimagine Socom which turned into the frag fest that was S4. I thought S4 was a pretty good game if I'm honest but it wasn't Socom.

I hope h-hour keeps all it's promises, I'd love a tactical 3ps

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Quote Originally Posted by MannequinScreams View Post
    Last I heard Yanks are playing on the Aussie Confrontation servers Theirs are broken and I can't imagine a patch has been released.
    The cure... they're shutting down the servers for good on 28th Jan 2014.

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Tallpaul, it's another step closer.
    Still early days, they still need to mo-cap and beef up resolution etc, but looking better.

HD Link

HD Link

HD Link

Adding clip on PMN mines.

HD Link
    Last edited by Chiips; 01-07-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

It's looking pretty good! Release date was meant to be September 2014... That's not long so I'm guessing the date has been bumped?!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

It's looking pretty good! Release date was meant to be September 2014... That's not long so I'm guessing the date has been bumped?!
    They're still trying to get funding. 2015 release at the earliest. This is still near the top of my anticipated list.

A glimpse of how it may eventually look on PS4 (Unreal 4 engine)

HD Link

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Just watched that U4 video of the church (is that what you've posted, can't see on my phone), was gonna post a link... Looks pretty good, I hope it does get released.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Just watched that U4 video of the church (is that what you've posted, can't see on my phone), was gonna post a link... Looks pretty good, I hope it does get released.
    yes, the same! The classic Socom gameplay plus those graphics = win

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Apparently an early build of the game running on U4 engine will be playable by some Kickstarter backers this week, followed a closed beta on PC next month.

Unfortunately so far they're still looking for PS4 backers, so it's beta will lag behind the PC

Hopefully some vids are available soon.

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Interested in joining AUF? Full instructions can be found HERE.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Centaurus-201's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Centaurus-201
    XBLA
    N/A

i hope this is still in the works for ps4
    i missed out on the ps2 versions of socom due to no internet (loved playing single player and yelling orders into my mic)

had socom 4 when it was released and was not that impressed (zipper RIP)