Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division

Dude ... where's my M16? oDsArE's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    oDsArE
    XBLA
    N/A

God dammit, another release pushed back.
    So much for march release for the division and destiny. Like others said, I'd rather play a finished game.
    But really they should of taken into consideration the time it takes to build it, pushing it back to 2015 is like a chick kicking you in the nuts and laughing at you roll on the floor lol. Shouldn't of made it such a hype when they were gonna push it back IMO -...-

Sent from my iPad using AUF Forums
    What are the odds?

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Quote Originally Posted by oDsArE View Post
    So much for march release for the division and destiny. Like others said, I'd rather play a finished game.
    But really they should of taken into consideration the time it takes to build it, pushing it back to 2015 is like a chick kicking you in the nuts and laughing at you roll on the floor lol. Shouldn't of made it such a hype when they were gonna push it back IMO -...-

I always thought it was set for Q4 2014. But I don't care how long it takes, it better be perfect when it's released

Sent from the AUF Forums app because I'm far too lazy to grab my laptop
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post
    GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Sw3Et's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by oDsArE View Post

They never said when it was coming out in the first place so how can it be pushed back? It was never gonna come out this year.

Dude ... where's my M16? oDsArE's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    oDsArE
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sw3Et View Post
    They never said when it was coming out in the first place so how can it be pushed back? It was never gonna come out this year.
    When I preordered it I was under the assumption it was march, same as destiny, must of been JB hifi lying to me to get my money, however I soon woke up and realised I wouldn't get them for a while. I'll probably go and ask them what's the go with beta access to destiny, because when I asked they said they didn't have the beta access codes. Maybe it just when you pre order from the destiny website, but personally I'd rather go thru a store to get it. Last time I ordered a game online I waited 2 weeks to actually get the game after release date,( which was BC2 through EB from memory, ) so much for preordering a game to get it. I even went into the EB and saw they had stacks of BC2 on their shelves, but I still had to wait for it in the mail

What are the odds?

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Wiener_
    XBLA
    N/A

Well to be fair, we don't this game to turn out to be like GTA Online, as much as i love GTA O, it still hasn't for filled all the promises they said the would have, i'm sure you don't want to play this "MMO" and not have online features right?

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) foxhound's Avatar
    PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA
    ive seen the light.... gone to psn

Division postponed until sometime in 2015

Sent from outside the wire via radio comms

“Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.”

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Division postponed until sometime in 2015

Not cool

See you on the battlefield or my elgato game capture will.

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

I honestly have no problem if it gets postponed as long as it's not as flawed as bf4 was on launch.

"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight" George S. Patton

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    I honestly have no problem if it gets postponed as long as it's not as flawed as bf4 was on launch.

Im not sure if anything could beat bf4 on launch XD but then again i hope I'm not wrong

See you on the battlefield or my elgato game capture will.

Dude ... where's my M16? Flange_bags's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Flange_bags
    XBLA
    N/A

Agreed not fussed if the game is delayed to remove any bugs or issues. The division looks to be one epic game and it would be a shame to see it plagued with bugs on launch.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AUF Forums mobile app

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

Take your time i say.

AUF - Amazing
    Moved on from FPS

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

It was never gonna come out in 2014.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sw3Et View Post
    It was never gonna come out in 2014.
    Yeah I think we all expected it to be delayed. Also I think a new phrase has been coined with respect to releasing unfinished software:

Massive don't want to "do a Battlefield 4" with The Division

Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

I think lost games that are network heavy on the ps4 and xbone will have bugs upon release in the next year or so regardless. Of course we don't want them to be as bad as bf4 ever. But I don't think there will be many games over the next year that come out flawlessly.... Especially multiplayer ones. Just IMO. Delaying it will just mean less bugs. My 2 favourite games over the last couple of years happened to be the two most renowned for poor releases being Diablo 3 and bf4.

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Also I think a new phrase has been coined with respect to releasing unfinished software:

Massive don't want to "do a Battlefield 4" with The Division

HAHA! I like it.

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by asadoxian View Post
    I think lost games that are network heavy on the ps4 and xbone will have bugs upon release in the next year or so regardless. Of course we don't want them to be as bad as bf4 ever. But I don't think there will be many games over the next year that come out flawlessly.... Especially multiplayer ones. Just IMO. Delaying it will just mean less bugs. My 2 favourite games over the last couple of years happened to be the two most renowned for poor releases being Diablo 3 and bf4.

I do agree to an extent because as games begin to get even more complex and complicated, its quite hard to root out all of the bugs which is understandable. It looks like Ubisoft has really begun to focus on the experience that games deliver when you look at their past releases eg. Far Cry 3, AC:IV and looking ahead to Far Cry 4, Watch_Dogs and Assassins Creed Unity/Comet.

If they keep up this dedication to the experience that gaming can deliver, The Divison should be one HELL of a game. Shit, if they need to delay until 2016 then do it, just make it worth the wait.
    Last edited by TheHotHead; 18-05-2014 at 05:25 PM.

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

Quote Originally Posted by TheHotHead View Post
    I do agree to an extent because as games begin to get even more complex and complicated, its quite hard to root out all of the bugs which is understandable. It looks like Ubisoft has really begun to focus on the experience that games deliver when you look at their past releases eg. Far Cry 3, AC:IV and looking ahead to both Watch_Dogs and Assassins Creed Unity/Comet.

If they keep up this dedication to the experience that gaming can deliver, The Divison should be one HELL of a game. Shit, if they need to delay until 2016 then do it, just make it worth the wait.
    Agreed.

[/CENTER]

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

I do agree to an extent because as games begin to get even more complex and complicated, its quite hard to root out all of the bugs which is understandable. It looks like Ubisoft has really begun to focus on the experience that games deliver when you look at their past releases eg. Far Cry 3, AC:IV and looking ahead to both Watch_Dogs and Assassins Creed Unity/Comet.

Hear hear!!! FC4 will tie me over until then

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) grimjack27's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    grimjack27
    XBLA
    grimjack27

So long as it isn't releasing in October to clash with Batman or Mordor, I'm cool with waiting while they make it more awesomer.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

If this turns out to be everything that has been shown so far, i'll be very, VERY happy..

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) Scout___AUS's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Scout___AUS
    XBLA
    N/A

Wonder if it'll still work in the real world. i.e. when people aren't role playing like the guys/girls on coms in this video.

But I agree. If a squad of AUF goes full immersion and plays this game like Wabuu plays BF3/4 it has a real chance

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

This is my main game for the PS4 with FC4 not far behind!

AUF Full Member - Full on Sheeet (200+) Sykotik_mushroom's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Sykotik_mushroom
    XBLA
    N/a

I'm excited, now it just seems so far away😞

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

Looking forward to this.

AUF - Amazing
    Moved on from FPS

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Scout___AUS View Post
    Wonder if it'll still work in the real world. i.e. when people aren't role playing like the guys/girls on coms in this video.

But I agree. If a squad of AUF goes full immersion and plays this game like Wabuu plays BF3/4 it has a real chance
    I think it will, personally I don't think people are excited about the game because of the comms in the trailers or even the individual play styles of the players.

The big concern for me will be whether the final game matches these trailers in terms of graphics, assets, and interactivity. Ubisoft have put out bullshit videos for other games (Far Cry 3, Watch_Dogs) that the final games didn't come close to matching.

On the face of it though, the Division is the most promising MP game I've seen shown for the PS4. Hardline looks like more of the same, and Destiny looks quite uninspiring, but the Division looks very engaging.

Interested in joining AUF? Click here.
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

I am pretty chuffed about this game, as I was last year when they announced it and it was all fresh and new and shiny and all that.

The reality is that it will pretty much be a third person cover shooter driven by near future tech in a low tech environment. Which is not a bad thing I guess.

The thing that I am most interested in is the balance between single and multiplayer play. They say that you can play the entire story arc by yourself, but that it really shines when playing with friends. They are also saying that when you do enter someone elses game that whatever you do together becomes persistent in your own world, but only what you do together. Also, that the world will be 'levelled'. They are working on the balance for when low level and higher level characters play together. I liked the way they said that the game would indicate if you were going into and area that was beyond your current skillset, and I quote, 'We will kill you'.

I am not sure about what back room dealings have been going on, but I am sure last year they were all about the PS4, but this year they have clearly made some deal with microsoft. I think some special bonus content for xbone players was talked about. I doubt it will be game breaking sort of stuff, most likely clothing items or something, but still.

Connectivity, yeah well. I don't think the comparisons with BF4 are really fair to ubisoft. Sure, Ubi do release some broken games, Like everyone. But the big fear for me is if they 'watchdog' it. Please don't watchdog it Ubi...just don't.

WaRD special consultant..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmonkey View Post
    I am pretty chuffed about this game, as I was last year when they announced it and it was all fresh and new and shiny and all that.

The reality is that it will pretty much be a third person cover shooter driven by near future tech in a low tech environment. Which is not a bad thing I guess.

The thing that I am most interested in is the balance between single and multiplayer play. They say that you can play the entire story arc by yourself, but that it really shines when playing with friends. They are also saying that when you do enter someone elses game that whatever you do together becomes persistent in your own world, but only what you do together. Also, that the world will be 'levelled'. They are working on the balance for when low level and higher level characters play together. I liked the way they said that the game would indicate if you were going into and area that was beyond your current skillset, and I quote, 'We will kill you'.

I am not sure about what back room dealings have been going on, but I am sure last year they were all about the PS4, but this year they have clearly made some deal with microsoft. I think some special bonus content for xbone players was talked about. I doubt it will be game breaking sort of stuff, most likely clothing items or something, but still.

Connectivity, yeah well. I don't think the comparisons with BF4 are really fair to ubisoft. Sure, Ubi do release some broken games, Like everyone. But the big fear for me is if they 'watchdog' it. Please don't watchdog it Ubi...just don't.
    I certainly agree and I feel that I can't pick whether a game will be good or bad when it comes to Ubi. I was never majorly hyped for Watch_dogs so that spared me but after Assassins Creed Black Flag, im very excited for AC Unity. Being that Watch_Dogs is a cross gen title, that may be the underlying issue. With The Division being a solely next-gen game, it could very well turn out brilliantly as they won't need to cater to PS3/360. If Unity turns out brilliant, then i'd say that is a good indication that Division may come good too.

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I certainly agree and I feel that I can't pick whether a game will be good or bad when it comes to Ubi. I was never majorly hyped for Watch_dogs so that spared me but after Assassins Creed Black Flag, im very excited for AC Unity. Being that Watch_Dogs is a cross gen title, that may be the underlying issue. With The Division being a solely next-gen game, it could very well turn out brilliantly as they won't need to cater to PS3/360. If Unity turns out brilliant, then i'd say that is a good indication that Division may come good too.

Same here, was never arsed about watch dogs but The Division has always had my interest. Next (current) gen only plus it's the new 'snowdrop' engine so it could be great...

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

Not everyone thinks watch dogs is bad btw but I'm super excited at the notion of this game and what it brings but correct me if I'm wrong I thought it was an always online game similar to an mmo as in you would play on populated servers. But from your post monkey this is not the case? If so I am less excited for this game now.

[/CENTER]

PSN
    foxhound376384
    XBLA

Ubisoft have a better track record than EA at this present time so I think this game will be good, I'll play it regardless