Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) RayTraced's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    RayTraced

The division, Destiny, and even eve Dust sound like there going for the same things. Ill probably keep a close eye on destiny and the division. the cool thing about this MMO first person shooters (more so for Destiny and the division i guess) is that u dont have to rely on a team u get forced into. u get to pick to play on ur own, or in a team with people of ur choosing. its good cause u dont have to worry about losing because of ur extended team. u can do things as u please. (except for dust)

guess the whole MMO for FPS's is a long time coming.

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    I have heard some rumblings on that front that you might not like smiling... that this could end up being a F2P game with microtransactions. Hopefully it's not the case.
    Well, it is an undeniable thing that companies just love the microtransaction model. It is not utterly surprising.

It is also not a bad thing to have some bad news, or even the thought of some bad news to keep me grounded. I can get carried away with hope at times

RT, I think that the Destiny thing will be my other choice, it seems more focused on co-op play with friends and public events.
    Last edited by themonkeysmiles; 13-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.

WaRD special consultant..

Great Balls! AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Chiips's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Chiips

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmonkey View Post
    Well, it is an undeniable thing that companies just love the microtransaction model. It is not utterly surprising.

It is also not a bad thing to have some bad news, or even the thought of some bad news to keep me grounded. I can get carried away with hope at times
    If companies follow Dust formula, then I'm a happy Chiipy!! F2P + NOT "pay to win" = YIPPEEE

Sigs credit to SmilingLocoOtis

Interested in joining
    --> START HERE

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) themonkeysmiles's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Quote Originally Posted by Chiips View Post
    If companies follow Dust formula, then I'm a happy Chiipy!! F2P + NOT "pay to win" = YIPPEEE
    Yeah, I am strongly against 'pay to win'. But not opposed to being able to pay for increased options/vanity items.

I see in one game I play online at the moment (war thunder), that there is an option to buy ingame 'currency', called Eagles that can be used to level up, get premium planes etc. This circumvents the 'grind' of accruing exp slowly through normal play. Though, I think that the game model is very different with The Division. I don't know if I am getting any impression of 'grind' from what I have been seeing/reading so far. I have taken a look at Ghost recon online and it's pay model, there the 'eagles' are called 'ghost coins'. In that model it seems like you can, again, avoid the grind buy paying. Not unlike the BF3 skills packs I guess. Again, a very different game model.

I obviously don't know what is going to play out with this game, it will be interesting to find out though.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Finally got a chance to sit down and have a good watch over this, co-op with other AUF in this looks to be something very special, it will actually require a team effort. Actually getting pretty excited for this.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

Super Moderator AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) RayTraced's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    RayTraced

no ur not

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Another interview:

A summary of the points made:
    World persistence will be on a per-player basis, and priority will be for the group leader. This means that if your friend is the group leader but has not completed Quest A, which you have completed, when you're grouped with your friend you can play through that quest again.

Game is once again emphasized to be "one-shard/one-realm": when you log in to the game, you can play with everyone. The reporter's lead in question was whether or not the server population would be capped at a certain number, developers in this interview denied this.

Matchmaking is expanded upon, tries to match you with people who have similar aims (the Diablo 3 matchmaking system comes to mind where you can designate your game for Monster Slaying, Keywarden Farming, or Brawling).

Groups are four players plus a possible drone (tablet).

Auction House confirmed for social hubs

The word of the day seems to be "seamlessly"

When you're exploring the world outside of social hubs, you will not see other players unless you invite them via matchmaking or friends list. This seems to be avoiding competition for quest locations, not having a crapton of people wandering the streets, etc. The only areas that are completely persistent are the dark zones, where PvP is allowed.

PvP and PvE content available in Dark Zones, many players there (reiterated)

Endgame: important to the developers to have player retention. You can play alone, but developers want to have reasons to play together. Similarly, they want the game to be without a firm "end" so as to enable endgame play.

Character customization confirmed--"any shape or form you want to with face, clothing, those things"

Skillsets will be fluid. A little editorializing from me here: their reasoning for not having solid classes is sound. In the traditional MMO, as they describe, "you make one of the most important decisions in the game at the very start", which is choosing your class. Then you can "go twenty hours into the game and realize that wasn't what you wanted to do". In The Division, leveling up will reward skill points that can be invested and changed on the fly. This means you can be a tanky character while solo, then switch to healer when your friend logs on.

Confirmed that weapons will have differing qualities, reload time being the one named.

The map: different areas with different statuses, missions not given but rather seen through dispatch on the map

The tunnel seen in the video is more group content. Existence of dynamic content (content that is not always available and depends on situation) is confirmed again.

Insinuated that there is a "threat/aggro" (my words, not theirs) factor, as Bronson is described as "keeping the attention of all the baddies", and indeed he is the one sent in to grab the initial aggro and is wielding a close-quarters weapon.

As with past Clancy IPs, a big factor in The Division will be pushing technology to the limit. "The agents have access to prototype technology"

Apparently the car door closing is among the most tweeted things about the game, hahah

Drone: "again described as "companion gaming". As long as you have an internet connection on your tablet or smartphone, you can play as the drone. The drone can buff, heal, mark targets, and shoot. (You can actually see a picture of this in action on their website )

Voice Chat: confirmed to be VOIP, that's all so far

Do you see this game having a long lifespan? Is this the first of sequels? "We have a dynamic event system, which means when you go out and play an area it's never the same experience". Example given: you can walk around and happen upon police being attacked by vigilantes.

"We are building the game to be added to." Words used: Division 1, Division 2.

Development has already been going on for 1.5 years!

Emphasize that you will never be forced to reroll, nothing in the game that will make you feel like you "made a mistake"
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - Halfway Glory-Hound (5000+) Smajs's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Smajs

This is what I love most about a new gen , the chance to create new IPs.

AUF Friend - Snowboarding Sucks (300+) benn07585's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    benn07585
    XBLA
    N/A

This game looks wicked I can not wait for it

Sent from a Galaxy S4
    :::: K / D MEANS NOTHING TO ME ::::

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

A bit more looking around at this early stage has not given me any more info, well, no more than our resident news hunter Stiffy was able to produce. True to form I must say.

Having had a few days to think about this game, I have come to some thoughts. Beyond the worlds amazement at the door closing incident. I do think that we should remember this moment though, for in the far future, when closing doors whilst in cover is a smooth moment of immersion in every game we play, then us oldies will finally have something to talk about with the young'uns. And by oldies, I mean all you young fellas that are here now. We will be able to nostalgically look back and say 'Yeah, I remember when they closed that door at E3'. And it will mean something.

Anyway, on to other thoughts.

How about the blurring of lines that seems to be the big thing for the next-gen stuff?

I mean, just the practicality of it. Today, I turn on my playstation and fire up a game. I figure, I want to play a bit of whatever, in single player. So off i go. Soon, a message comes in. One of my very classy friends is saying 'hey, wanna jump into a game?' Say I do. Now I have to exit my game, re-enter the multi, join my friend, wait for a lobby, or try to join them in-game, possibly switch sides, or squad up, maybe even create a new squad, wait for them to join, send messages etc. Then when all that is worked out. Off we go for some excellent chat and play. Seems like a lot when ya write it all out. But that is just from my actual experience. A lot of time, precious gaming time, has been wasted in the process. This next-gen stuff appears to be promising to cut a lot of that out, almost all of it actually. And that is the most exciting thing for me. Blurry lines. Not only is the game itself (the division) supposed to be a persistent, dynamic single player experience, it also claims to integrate a seamless multiplayer thing. So, despite being debuted as a visually stunning experience, it says that my friends can join me, or I can join them simply by saying 'Yep, lets form up'. No backing out, no waiting for a new map..nothing. Just joining in. Holy crap.

I am tremendously excited by he potential. I mean, tomorrow I start session 2 at the Uni. Doing some science subjects that I have very little experience in (apart from making my own black powder as a teen in my Mums kitchen when she was out). And this is just my first year right. So by the time this next-gen stuff is kicking around I will be in year 2 or 3 doing god knows what, possibly even internship stuff which will limit my time to play significantly. I am going to need seamless and not time wasting games to play with my friends. I am going to need the fluid change from single player to multi. And, I am sure I am not alone. I am always impressed by a few of the Dads here who manage to play and still have all the other stuff going on. I can only hope that the next-gen is going to make this so much easier.

Monkey out.

AUF Friend - Double Ton Cherry Picker (200+) damo652's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    damo652
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Tom Clancy's The Division

Tom Clancy's The Division is an upcoming online, multiplayer, third-person, Clancy style, tactical shooter action role-playing video game developed by Ubisoft Massive under the Tom Clancy brand for the PS4, Xbone, and PC. It was announced during Ubisoft's E3 2013 press conference, together with this gameplay demo.

The Division takes place in New York three weeks after a lethal virus, released on Black Friday, has swept through the city. One by one, basic services have failed. Society has collapsed into chaos. The President invokes Presidential Directive 51, and The Division, a top-secret unit of self-supporting tactical agents, is activated. Leading seemingly ordinary lives, Division agents are trained to operate independently of command in this type of emergency situation. When the lights go out, their mission begins.

In a Tom Clancy’s universe dedicated to realism, players can explore the once-familiar streets and landmarks of the Big Apple, now decimated by looting and overrun by clans that will do anything to survive. From Central Park to the subway to the Statue of Liberty, nowhere is safe. Discover a persistent, online, open-world New York where exploration, combat, and RPG player-progression are essential.

The Division puts a unique spin on the usual post-apocalypse style game by allowing players to experience a city, not years, but days into a deadly pandemic. As a division agent you can either explore alone or join up with friends to tackle randomly generated and player influenced tasks across N.Y.C. encountering battles between both NPCs and other players. This suggests there may be two factions in play as agents of The Division would be assumed allies, however, this is just my speculation.

The game is visually top-class, taking full advantage of next gen tech. The game will run on the Snowdrop engine, build specifically for the game it will allow for more natural light patterns and shadows, and procedural destruction. The game will feature highly customisable weapons and gear (as well as customising their agent's go-bag for their first two days of survival), crafting, and skills. An in game black market is also set up to allow for player-driven economy.

The game is set for release in 2014.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) Scout___AUS's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Scout___AUS
    XBLA
    N/A

Sweet post Damo,

There is already a thread but I suggest we make Damos post the OP
    http://www.ausforces.com/showthread....s+The+Division

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    damo652
    XBLA
    N/A

Damn. That other thread didn't show up in any of my searches. Sorry for making a double.

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) ImDaRAD's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

It's okay. I don't think anyone knows how to use the search. I don't

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Scout___AUS View Post
    There is already a thread but I suggest we make Damos post the OP
    That's not possible unfortunately, posts are always sorted chronologically within a thread and post date/time can't be edited.

Quote Originally Posted by ImDaRAD View Post
    It's okay. I don't think anyone knows how to use the search. I don't
    Click the (+) icon to the right of the search bar, type in your keywords, and select "Search Titles Only". The only thing you won't be able to find that way are three letter keywords, which can make searching for "car" or "Far cry 3" very tricky. In those cases try searching for keyword "unsearchable" (since we generally add that to the title of threads like that

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    damo652
    XBLA
    N/A

I'll try and make my next thread an original one, hey :P

Really excited for The Division though. Excited enough that I changed my phone wallpaper, facebook cover and forum sig to Division pictures This is one of those games I'll get on PS4 for the company, rather than PC for the graphics.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

New screenshot:

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 26-11-2013 at 06:59 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUF Friend - My Best Friend Girlfriends Sister (500+) madrtr's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    madrtr
    XBLA
    madrtr

Really looking forward to this game as well. I love the ipad integration, just hope it works nice and smooth.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

AUF Full Member - Pave My Way With BLOOD (2500+) SNKYwolf's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SNKYwolf
    XBLA
    N/A

As long as its 100% finished then they can take all the time they want XD

See you on the battlefield or my elgato game capture will.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) guitar_god7007's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Quote Originally Posted by SNKYwolf View Post
    As long as its 100% finished then they can take all the time they want XD

See you on the battlefield or my elgato game capture will.
    Totally agree. I half expected it to be delayed too. I dont want to be let down by a beauitful game like this. Take as long as they want
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    smilingmonkey

Not a huge surprise this would be delayed. It's a pretty ambitious project.

I had to laugh at one redditors comment that it is looking increasingly likely that there will be no next-gen games in 2014 at all.....that would be a hoot.

I say, give them some space to polish this one up as much as possible. Make it's release awesome, get the servers stable and away we go...in 2017 or so....

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) Wiener_'s Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Wiener_
    XBLA
    N/A

Do you think they will region lock this game? (network wise) not sure if anyone else try playing Ghost recon future soldier, but since they didnt region lock that game and it was mostly quick join game, it totally ruined the multiplayer.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Quote Originally Posted by Wiener_ View Post
    Do you think they will region lock this game? (network wise) not sure if anyone else try playing Ghost recon future soldier, but since they didnt region lock that game and it was mostly quick join game, it totally ruined the multiplayer.
    I'm sure they will have that option. Most games do don't they? And you'll be playing with friends primarily anyway so it shouldn't be a problem

Sent from the AUF Forums app because I'm far too lazy to grab my laptop
    Do you want to join AUF? Don't click here, it won't take you anywhere. Click here instead

GG. Been around for a while and knows his stuff but keep an eye on this guy, really nice but when you least expect it he will jab you in the eye for absolutely no reason and it really hurts

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Eddykillthebear
    XBLA
    N/A

Anyone know the time frame of the release date because of the delay yet?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    guitar_god7007
    XBLA
    Xbox...thats cute

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Anyone know the time frame of the release date because of the delay yet?
    I'm thinking Q2 2015. It was set for Q4 2014, but that's when it was delayed

Sent from the AUF Forums app because I'm far too lazy to grab my laptop

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Eddykillthebear
    XBLA
    N/A

that's tooooooo loooooooong

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ImDaRAD
    XBLA
    ಠ_ಠ

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

Purdy pictures

AUF Full Member - Paid in FULL! (1000+) lima-alpha-88's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    lima-alpha-88
    XBLA