Thread: PS4 | Warframe

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) TheHotHead's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Default PS4 | Warframe

Warframe is a free-to-play co-op Third person action game (wow) created by Digital Extremes. You play as Tenno who are warriors with blades and guns who utilise warframe armour. They were involved in a war long ago but weren't needed anymore so they were put in cryosleep. Now a new enemy, The Grineer, threatens the galaxy and is vastly spreading with their armies. You must now control the different warframes to destroy the Grineer threat and keep the galaxy safe.

You also fight the Corpus, who seek lost technology to build stronger and newer weapons to combat the Tenno and if necessary, the Grineer.

There are 13 different types of Tenno/Warframes who all have different abilities and specialties. You can level them up, upgrade them and swap to other Warframes when you want a change or embark on a different mission.

You can also level up your weapons and if you do, the stats for that weapon carry over to all other Warframes. Example, you have a level 4 warframe with a level 2 rifle. If you switch to a new Warframe, you can still use the rifle even though it is level 2 which will save you having to level it up with your character.

Looks pretty fucking sick. If it's still free-to-play on PS4, i'll sink lots of time into this.
    Last edited by Snickersma; 27-08-2013 at 09:58 PM.

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

Sw3Et_07: "The grind is dark and full of terrors..."

The Phenomenal Four <3

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) Rob_Cliffeild's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA
    Steam: Rob_Cliffeild

I've seen this played on youtube a bit recently. Looks like there is a bit of a learning curb. Has a few puzzles in it that are easy sort of like dead space.

Definitely looks cool I just don't understand why the character you play has a cock on his face

Sent from the Android rebellion at AUF
    Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    OMG, GPS Russia is the best! My favourite is still N 59 56' 19.9062", E 30 18' 41.601", that video went off!
    Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--
    make sure you click that link that Rob posted above, it explains what you need to do.

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ELMO-LIKES-BOOBY

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Cliffeild View Post

Definitely looks cool I just don't understand why the character you play has a cock on his face
    So Hottie hasn't got to reach down as far :P

<3 Hottie

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Your just jealous..

<3 Elmo

Looks pretty awesome and im keen as shit

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) filter23's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    filter23
    XBLA
    filter23

I would +rep you elmo if I could figure out how to do it via iphone. Sooooon.

Sent from the iPhone sitting on my dildo draw.

AUF Leader - The Insta-fractioner MannequinScreams's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MannequinScreams
    XBLA
    Manny Screams

Downloading this for PC. Looks damn cool. Female frames too!!!

AUF Full Member - The Post Whore of Babble-Ion (4000+) Rob_Cliffeild's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Rob_Cliffeild
    XBLA
    Steam: Rob_Cliffeild

Quote Originally Posted by filter23 View Post
    I would +rep you elmo if I could figure out how to do it via iphone. Sooooon.

Sent from the iPhone sitting on my dildo draw.
    Click on the post click more then Web view. Log in refind post and rep away

Sent from the Android rebellion at AUF
    OMG, GPS Russia is the best! My favourite is still N 59 56' 19.9062", E 30 18' 41.601", that video went off!
    Want to Join AUF
    --> READ ME FIRST <--
    make sure you click that link that Rob posted above, it explains what you need to do.

AUF Full Member - Dual Post-Millenium Man (2000+) krunt0xen's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

I had heard about this with the f2p's coming to ps4, but hadn't really given it a good look. I thought I was excited for Planetside 2, but holy shitballs batman! This looks frigging awesome. Electrified ninja swords & sweet ass co-op

Hurry up ps4!

http://youtu.be/5oLnBiBmo48

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    TheHotHead
    XBLA

Haha its fucking wicked. So keen for this

All hail the Bumblerine
    Repercuss > Harold > You

The Phenomenal Four <3

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Warframe coming to PS4

Really good article here. It's about the controller, but the bolded part of the quote is the bit that struck me hardest.

Digital Extremes is bringing its free co-op shooter Warframe to PS4 at launch and it will bear negligible differences to the PC build. It is almost like-for-like and allows cross play between Sony's hardware and PC, making for a truly connected co-op experience. The team has repeatedly stressed that it wants no content differences between builds. At all.

When asked if Digital Extremes approached Sony with a view to bringing Warframe to PS4, creative director Steve Sinclair replied, "They approached us actually, I guess it's coming up to about four months ago. We were in our open beta and rocking the Steam charts there, and Sony got in contact with James, who's the owner of the company and said, 'Hey what would you think about bringing Warframe over to our next gen console?

"We had, probably, a 30-second conversation about if we should do it, "Sinclair added, and then, "[Sony] squeezed themselves to send us as many dev kits as possible and three months later we were on the [E3] show floor at PlayStation 4 showing Warframe playable."
    Last edited by krunt0xen; 06-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

A few key details coming out about this. Notably, the devs are going for 60fps @ 1080p on the PS4, it'll feature cross platform play between PS4 & PC, and it will be a launch title

Creative Director Steve Sinclair told Sony at the show that he wanted Warframe to be updated every week or two weeks, and that players would be able to team up with PC users using cross-platform. They agreed no questions asked. It surprised Sinclair as he initially feared there would be many political hurdles blocking his team&rsquo;s ambition, particularly when cross-play was concerned. It was a non-issue for Sony
    Full article here.

AUF Friend - I neva dun nuffin! I neva!! (100+) wil5o71's Avatar
    PSN
    wil5o71
    XBLA
    N/A

Default Warframe

Here's another one

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

There's a thread on this in the PS4 other games sub.

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Warframe

This was posted on the US Playstation blog a few hours ago..

We are less than a week away from the PS4 launch, and the Digital Extremes' team has been hard at work polishing up Warframe and getting it ready for its debut on launch day, when players turn on their PS4s for the first time. We're imagining the squeals of delight at the thought of firing that baby up on Day1...ZOMG!
    So, what have we been up to? In addition to working on the game, we've also been coming up with ways to help PS4 players get into the game quickly. Not too long ago, we released our special Warframe: Ultimate Fan Pack - a pre-order pack specifically for PlayStation fans that includes an exclusive PlayStation Braton Rifle weapon skin, 50 Platinum, and 20,000 Credits. With this pack you'll be able to get a step ahead of the enemy, and take advantage of items in the Market utilizing your Credits and Platinum (and look good doing it with your PlayStation branded Braton Rifle). Oh, and did we mention the pre-order and everything in the pack are absolutely free?
    To get this pack on launch day (or when you get your PS4), you'll have to pre-order Warframe either through SEN on the web, or through PlayStation Store on your PS3 - found in the PS4 section - by November 12th.
    Remember, Warframe is free-to-play, so really you're just reserving this pack to be added to your Warframe account once you download the game when PS4 launches. Once you get your PS4, log online, and download Warframe to unleash your inner ninja.

We've also added tons of new content and polish to the game since we revealed it at E3; including new planets, modes, weapons, and Warframes. Most importantly, we're super excited to see how the PlayStation community embraces all the tweaks and additions we've made. We still have a few surprises lined up as launch draws closer and days turn to hours. More information about Warframe, its story, and its universe will soon be revealed. This includes a new trailer for the PS4 launch exclusive, which we teased above.
    So what about post-launch? DE will continue to bring more stuff to the community, including PS+ members, so keep an eye out. We expect to have regular content updates on PS4 similar to what we've done with the PC Beta, and we'll keep you up to date through Facebook, Twitter and the official PS4 Forums, which will go live on launch day at www.warframe.com. Join the community and tell us what you think of the game; constant updates mean fast fixes and changes based on your feedback!
    So, that's it for now, thanks for reading, and we hope to see you in the game on November 15th.
    Really hope they offer the same pack here.

Source

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

Default PS4 | Warframe

Last edited by krunt0xen; 18-11-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Banned
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MightyRhinox
    XBLA
    N/A

Watching some gameplay vids, looks quite fun.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Gave it a quick bash tonight, was fun although the regular melee attack is retarded. The other stuff is pretty respectable, as far as third person shooters go this one is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using AUF Forums mobile app
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

Gave it a quick bash tonight, was fun although the regular melee attack is retarded. The other stuff is pretty respectable, as far as third person shooters go this one is quite good.

I can't wait to try this, have you tried contrast yet as well if so please post up your thoughts on that.

Sent from an iPad 1 on iOs7
    [/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    krunt0xen
    XBLA
    N/A

For anyone that's played this & wondered why it doesn't show up in your trophy collection, it's because the game's still in open beta. The same applies to War Thunder.

AUF Full Member - 8 Killer Bit Killer (8000+) asadoxian's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    asadoxian
    XBLA
    Asadoxian

Anyone having trouble connecting to friends and playing some co-op in this? Krunt and I had trouble joining each other. Looks like it could be quite some fun.

[/CENTER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Stay off the crack... unless you can handle it socially!... Then go for it!!

AUF Full Member - SNIPEMAN U812 (850+)
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Talnoy79
    XBLA
    N/A

Spent a bit of time with some mates playing this last night, picked there brains on the squading and game mechanics. Hit me up for a game sometime fellas.

Peace out Tal.
    Last edited by Talnoy79; 05-12-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Banned
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MightyRhinox
    XBLA
    N/A

I got bored very quickly, found the whole thing uninspiring and the butchery of the Japanese language irked me fearsomely.
    However, I wouldn't mind giving some co-op a go.

AUF Full Member - Base Install ptb77's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    ptb77
    XBLA
    N/A

Wish I wasn't on a crap Mobile broadband plan so I could download this & have a crack

Dude ... where's my M16?
    Clan
    ANZC
    PSN
    AHideousThing
    XBLA
    Mr Worry

I love it. While the missions can get pretty samey, other elements of it make it really addictive.
    Warframes, weapons and your li'l buddies, Sentinels, all level up the more you use them, which makes them more powerful and allows you to slot more mods into them.
    There's quite a lot of mileage out of playing maps to farm crafting ingredients that allow you to create cool items without having to pay for them with Platinum. Buy the blueprints and then play missions on the maps that may drop the crafting items needed to complete the recipe. Search high and low, so you don't miss those key ingredients. It's best done playing solo or with an invitation-only buddy; otherwise, randoms tend o make it a rush for loot and the finish. Y can set all that stuff on the map menu though, so you can play the maps with whoever you want: solo, invitation or open online.
    Don't spend your Platinum on anything except extra slots for warframes and weapons: everything else can be got with persistence and patience. I've found though that my patience runs out after a while and I end up shelling out $7 to buy Platinum to purchase stuff I just can't be bothered to grind/farm for anymore: watch out on Friday nights after a beverage or two and your judgement is slightly impaired. It could become incredibly expensive, if you let it: a mate I play with bought the Prime Access pack (a bit like Premium on BF) for $189. Jeepers!
    It reminds me of Mass Effect 3 multiplayer a bit, which I loved. There's no cover system, but instead there's all kinds of ninjary leaping about, wall-running and cool sliding.
    The maps are procedurally generated every time you play, so there's never the same map twice, but the tile set they use is fairly limited, so you'll be seeing the same sections again and again.
    There are pros and cons, but all in all, I dig it. It's what I play when I'm not playing BF4. And you can't beat the price (as long as you can hold out from buying Platinum to speed things up: I've still probably only spent about $25 on it altogether, which is not bad going considering I've got 4 warframes, two sentinels and a bunch of different weapons).
    The comms system is obviously designed for mouse and keyboard, not mics, but you can mic chat with people once you're in the same lobby/map as them. Or just party up.
    I like it.

AUF Full Member - Base Install Cenjitoo's Avatar
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Cenjitoo
    XBLA
    N/A

Never played this one....but does look awesome!!!

Sent from my iPad using AUF Forums mobile app

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Superfish97's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Superfish97

Just played the tutorial, and with BF4 in lagbot mode, may switch over here for a while. Looks pretty in depth!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) SnakeSDR's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SnakeSDR

Feel to add me and message me for some games of it guys. Would like to jump in and play with some friends rather than randoms.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AUF Full Member - Locked and Loaded (500+) Superfish97's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Superfish97

WTF!!! So much to be learnt on this game. How dafaq do mods work? Is there a user manual for this sucker?

mostly they come out at night.....mostly.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+)
    Clan
    PSN
    Tallpaul77
    XBLA
    -

I downloaded this last night, took a while so I didn't get to try it out (there was an in-game update too so I gave up waiting). Keen to give it a run tonight, it's free so if I don't like it, no loss

AUF Full Member - The 6th Dimension (6000+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

downloading for a look.
    can't beat the price.

Need a new sig