Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones to you small folk) - BE CAREFUL OF SPOILERS

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) JORDS686's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    JORDS686
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Sw3Et View Post
    Was pleased with the amount of boobies and bums in this episode
    I must have missed something, I thought the latest episode was rubbish. Absolutely nothing happened. Seriously, not a single story progressed at all.

AUF Full Member - Kobesonlikepostspammer (4500+) Sw3Et's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JORDS686 View Post
    I must have missed something, I thought the latest episode was rubbish. Absolutely nothing happened. Seriously, not a single story progressed at all.
    How about the bear pit? Or Dany trying to free all the slaves. Arya being taken by the Hound also. Melli telling Gendri about his lineage (even though that didn't happen in the book)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    JORDS686
    XBLA
    N/A

How about the bear pit? Or Dany trying to free all the slaves. Arya being taken by the Hound also. Melli telling Gendri about his lineage (even though that didn't happen in the book)
    The bear pit was an anticlimax. The slave clearing is obvious, she either needs to get naked or sail across the sea for a good war. Or both. ... preferably both. Arya being taken by the hound was important, forgot about that.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by JORDS686 View Post
    The bear pit was an anticlimax. The slave clearing is obvious, she either needs to get naked or sail across the sea for a good war. Or both. ... preferably both. Arya being taken by the hound was important, forgot about that.
    Have you read the books? The bear pit wasn't supposed to be a climax (in the way that you wanted) or even an action packed scene, it basically shows that Jaime was willing to put his own life at risk to save Brienne, In the book it basically made him my favourite character. Also the fact that Daeny turned down free travel back to Westeros in order to stay and free all the slaves is a big turning point in her story arc.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    JORDS686
    XBLA
    N/A

Have you read the books? The bear pit wasn't supposed to be a climax (in the way that you wanted) or even an action packed scene, it basically shows that Jaime was willing to put his own life at risk to save Brienne, In the book it basically made him my favourite character. Also the fact that Daeny turned down free travel back to Westeros in order to stay and free all the slaves is a big turning point in her story arc.
    Yeh, I think I really just watxh the show for all the killing. Where there is no killing, there should be titties.

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

I quite enjoy the political intrigue although my having read the books it's hard to keep track of it all.. Like all the old families etc.

The valerian line ... They are the oldest family yeah!? The mad king was a brerathian? And the dragon girl is his remaining daughter? But also we have found out he has a bastard?

Sent from my iPhone a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away ... using the awesome
    AUF Forums iOS app

AUF Full Member - Progressing thru Pain (400+) hktk's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    hktk
    XBLA
    N/A

Almost.

The mad king was a Targaryen and his daughter is the dragon girl, who is in exile.

Robert Baratheon was named king after the Jaime Lannister killed the mad king. Robert had several bastards, one of them being Gendry

AUF Leader & Founder AUF Full Member - Ten F*&$#%kin Thousand Muthas!! (10,000+) Snickersma's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

OK - so what happened to Robert Baratheon? I think that is where Im getting lost.. maybe that was in season 1 and Ive forgotten.

This has probably been asked before a few times (so sorry in advance) but how far through the book series is the tv series so far .. ?

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Snickersma View Post
    OK - so what happened to Robert Baratheon? I think that is where Im getting lost.. maybe that was in season 1 and Ive forgotten.

This has probably been asked before a few times (so sorry in advance) but how far through the book series is the tv series so far .. ?
    Robert usurped the throne by force. And Tywin Lannister killed all the Targaryen children as a "gift" to earn their place in his good books. Vasaerys (spelling?) escaped with Danaerys and fled to the slave cities. Robert then died and the Kingdom went to his "son" Joffrey, who is actually of no relation whatsoever.

The last episode that aired is kinda all over the place in terms of the book, but you could roughly place it just under halfway through "Storm of Swords"

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) drgeebz's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    drgeebz
    XBLA
    N/A

R.B was killed in a hunting "accident". Gored by a boar. Cersei arranged for someone (cant remember) to get robert overly intoxicated while on the hunting trip. Cant remember the details but I think they switched his normal drink for extra strong stuff. It was the first major event to happen in the series.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by drgeebz View Post
    Cersei arranged for someone (cant remember) to get robert overly intoxicated
    Lancel Lannister (his squire).
    Interested in joining AUF?

--> CLICK HERE <--

to learn more about what sort of clan we are,
    and how to go about joining.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Robert usurped the throne by force. And Tywin Lannister killed all the Targaryen children as a "gift" to earn their place in his good books. Vasaerys (spelling?) escaped with Danaerys and fled to the slave cities. Robert then died and the Kingdom went to his "son" Joffrey, who is actually of no relation whatsoever.

The last episode that aired is kinda all over the place in terms of the book, but you could roughly place it just under halfway through "Storm of Swords"
    Ok So Joffrey - Tywin's grandson - took the throne (for some reason which has probably been explained) - after Jamie - Joffreys father (through incest with his sister) killed Robert .. Err .. Think that's right..no he killed John..

Lol confused again maybe I should read the books

Sent from my iPhone a long time ago in a Galaxy far far away ... using the awesome
    AUF Forums iOS app

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Ok So Joffrey - Tywin's grandson - took the throne (for some reason which has probably been explained) - after Jamie - Joffreys father (through incest with his sister) killed Robert .. Err .. Think that's right..no he killed John..

Lol confused again maybe I should read the books

AUF Forums iOS app
    Jaime killed Aerys Targaryen who was king before Robert. Robert died whilst hunting and Joffrey inherited the throne un-rightfully

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Snickersma (MW2)

Ahh that's it thanks mate!

AUF Forums iOS app

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Check out these character cartoon-style illustrations, some seriously awesome work in my opinion:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0118215&type=3

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    Check out these character cartoon-style illustrations, some seriously awesome work in my opinion:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0118215&type=3
    Jeeeeesus they are fantastic. Must have every named character there I reckon. Wonder how long it took.
    Last edited by Sw3Et; 03-06-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Phone post fuckup, my bad
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 02-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

From the OP

This thread has been a long time coming. It is where you can discuss George R R Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and the HBO adaptation without needing to withhold spoilers for the guys who have made the grievous life decision to not read this masterpiece of a series. If you haven't read the books I suggest you go and read them right now and then return.

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Wow those pics were awesome, i have no idea who half of them are, i really need to get stuck into the books.
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) SamThe2Can's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    SamThe2Can
    XBLA
    Nope, no way.

Not sure if you guys have seen this before.
    A Game of Starcraft

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

From the OP
    The problem with that approach is that we would then need a separate thread for the TV show, which is probably at odds with the title of the thread. Then we'd also have the same discussion split amongst two separate threads, people forgetting which one they were in, a lot of double-posting, etc.

If any series needed titanium-clad spoiler protection it's this one, especially on certain events in ASOS. It's up there with things like the Sixth Sense in terms of spoiler damage. Personally, I wouldn't want to ruin that for book readers (not everyone has finished reading the series yet) or TV show watchers under any circumstances. At the end of the day, spoiler tags are pretty simple to add (if I can edit them into a post from a phone then it's clearly not too difficult) and the potential upside for people (like Loco, whose post immediately followed yours for example) is too great to ignore. I'll edit the thread title to warn people that they might be exposed to spoilers in here, but for the major stuff it's better that we just spoiler tag it.
    Last edited by AStiffBreeze; 03-06-2013 at 09:24 AM.

--> CLICK HERE <--

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

I'm not super fussed about spoilers, i understand for other members sake, but i will actually read the spoilers anyway. I don't have a massive issue about being told stuff before i get the chance to experience it myself.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    AStiffBreeze
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    I'm not super fussed about spoilers, i understand for other members sake, but i will actually read the spoilers anyway. I don't have a massive issue about being told stuff before i get the chance to experience it myself.
    For this series, seriously don't do it to yourself Loco! The shock at certain events is a huge part of the experience and a major reason why it has the following that it has.

--> CLICK HERE <--

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

If you insist.

This post is iLocoevo approved.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by AStiffBreeze View Post
    The problem with that approach is that we would then need a separate thread for the TV show, which is probably at odds with the title of the thread. Then we'd also have the same discussion split amongst two separate threads, people forgetting which one they were in, a lot of double-posting, etc.
    The TV guys usually just talk about it in the "Favourite TV Shows" thread. Which is why I made this so we could leave those guys to their own speculating and we could have way more deep convos over here because I would have thought we'd all read the books. Personally I think anybody who sees the OP and then continues reading the thread deserves to have it spoiled. I hate having to go out of my way to accommodate stupid people. 4 years of retail work will do that to you.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Sw3Et_07
    XBLA
    N/A

I always find the GRRM "memes" very funny

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Drace_Sabin's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Drace_Sabin
    XBLA
    you're eX's BOX

Quote Originally Posted by Locoevo View Post
    If you insist.

This post is iLocoevo approved.
    After the last episode I insist

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using AUF Forums mobile app

Banned
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    MightyRhinox
    XBLA
    N/A

I like this one.

AUF Full Member - Private First Class (250+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    Johnny-2007
    XBLA
    N/A

Was not expecting that last night. Brutal

Johnny
    Question EVERYTHING!
    Sent from tapatalk

AUF Full Member - Battlehead Boy (3500+) Ropes's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Ropes-too-good
    XBLA
    N/A

Sorry who is the bearded guy I'm seeing with memes regarding GoT?

Is he the author?

Sent using the amazing AUF Forums iOS mobile app made by the amazing people of AUF. Amazing.
    Moved on from FPS