Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Raspberry Pi

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Quote Originally Posted by mudman05 View Post
    Awesome Loco, I really need to pull my finger out & do this as well as my boys would love it
    Thats what got me interested, good fun for the family when i get it all up and running, just got it wired to my PC monitor at the moment. Stupid me though, i need a stereo to listen to Youtube vids while I'm trying to figure everything out, i have headphones in the monitor i run the RPi and PC through but have to switch between the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonemull View Post
    Good stuff, you enjoying the pi, bit of a learning curve but great devices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm glad there are people much smarter than me who help out with Vids etc, I'd be lost otherwise lol
    CLICK ON MY MANBOOBS TO JOIN AUF

AUF Full Member - Levelled Urrrrp (100+)
    Clan
    Clan
    PSN
    chnxx
    XBLA
    N/A

I got a pi 3 last week and sort of got it set today. My initial idea was to make something for the kid but then I thought hes too young and shouldn't be playing games yet (hes only 2) so now I have myself a new toy

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

AUFs bearded Norse Mod AUF Full Member - It's all true .. this person is an AUF-god (15,000+) Locoevo's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Still haven't finished my RetroPi yet, I've got several games on it but need to make up a boxed enclosure for the TV and Pi.

I still need heaps more games, thinking of starting fresh and redoing it to get a grip with it all again.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

AUF Full Member - Atttttennnnhutt! (5500+) Stonemull's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

I was reading up on the politics of retropi last week, some american knob trademarked their symbol then started sueing any ebay sellers using the name or logo. Then pretended he was just trying to help the developers by holding the trademark for them till they bought it off him.
    He got hammered on reddit, doxxed by having his facebook profile linked, people got banned. Was quite the saga.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Thinking about knocking up some raspberry pi power control boards for selling on ebay or something.
    I had to design a clean shutdown board for a client and it works good.
    Here was my demo vid for client https://youtu.be/vkk9KxOiVr4
    Will run on 3 nimh AA's, any sort of 3.7v lipo or 3 AA batterys, probably even AAA's though not tested em.
    Then I figured the pi needs analogs so bought some tiny microchip 18 bit A/D converters, maybe a couple of mosfet and a little oled display too ..

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Started making 'Predator view'
    Got a new camera module with big IR leds onboard and decide to revisit and learn more SimpleCV and it seems like a good learning exercise.

Then I might do some experimenting with machine vision and see if I can make a simple pick and place machine.
    New 3D printer can probably make gears and stuff when I finish upgrading it.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

Default Raspberry Pi

So I am making my first robot type thing, not sure what it will be yet. It was going to be arduino based but since added a raspberry pi 3 and a little arduino (uno) with a 4 axis CNC controller running grbl, this only operates the front stepper motors at the moment.
    Microstepped motors give me better than 0.1mm movement resolution (10.2 steps/mm) and full speed is a bit over 10km/h.
    Simple cv is installed and I have had it video processing but removed it for the time being, so far front ultrasonic distance sensor, axle mounted magnetometer (3D compass) and a gyro/accel board (not mounted currently).
    Up till this morning all the electronics was mounted to a chunk of mdf, I only had a single front bearing though so it wasn't rigid, printed the central spar last night which has a dual front bearing and is much more rigid.
    So just designing it as I go .. it all started because I milled out a template for nema stepper motors for the plasma cutter on my new cnc mill (engraver really) .. I ended up putting 2 motors on a chunk of steel for lol's and figured I would make a balancing robot, decided to walk before jogging and added a trolley for it instead, I still want to balance on the front wheels though, so the ultrasonics have been placed behind the wheel rim.
    Todays plan was to sling the battery underneath, but now I realise the front axle will hit the cell (I want 45 degree axle movement each way) so battery is going on top now, bit if a pain as thats where the HDMI port is so will come up with something.

Couple of vids I did in the last week going here..
    This one was last week before a raspberry pi, I added an esp8266 wifi module running esplink and was sending it data using com2tcp to connect it as a virtual serial port on the PC then sending a text file of gcode commands to perform this simple test..

https://youtu.be/vEAvi8YSzmk

Then realised that onboard sensing would be needed and might as well process it onboard, so added the pi and more sensors.

So this pi added and first test of using the ultrasonic sensor to stop.

https://youtu.be/4TQMinlcfZs

Then seeing what I could get out of grbl, so this is full speed 30000 steps/second on 2 axis with acceleratio/deceleration set low so I can minimise driver motor currents.

https://youtu.be/nB818NhLutE

Last edited by Stonemull; 09-08-2017 at 12:28 PM.

AUF Full Member - GUN PRON PRONE (3000+) repercuss's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    repercuss
    XBLA
    N/A

Stoney starts playing with robots and then......

"Facebook engineers panic, pull plug on AI after bots develop their own language,"

"Facebook shuts down down AI after it invents its own creepy language,"

what really happened: https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/n...erously-smart/

Consequences and Repercussions

H.H > R.C > You

AUF Full Member - Middle Distance Man (1500+) jackal_84's Avatar
    Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    jackal_84
    XBLA
    N/A

Stoneys real name is Miles Dyson

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

That's pretty awesome Stoney!

Finally decided to pull my finger out and get my Retro Pie finished, need to download a bunch of games but it's pretty much setup ready to go.

I'm still tossing up what controllers to get, I'm leaning towards PS3 style then later on making a full on portable cabinet style system.

I have an old fatty style PS3 sitting around as well which I'm thinking I might make into a case for this one.

Interested in joining AUF? Just CLICK HERE to learn more about our clan, including how to go about joining

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

my old ps3 does the netflix in my bedroom, works great for that lol.
    Added a few more bits, I was going to put battery up top so I made a substantial roof rack, then changed my mind and made an extender to push the rear wheel back to fit battery underneath again.
    Printed the front battery holder last night 1.5 hours, only thing it needs now is a rear battery clip that I can remove, just going to make a U shaped bracket that slides in under the battery and on top of the spar.
    Used most a roll of filament now and about a 100 3mm bolts.

came across this a few days ago thanks to reddits raspberry pi sub. http://www.donkeycar.com looks interesting but the external processing on an amazon server puts me off (a paranoid person would be nervous, especially since it sends video. spyware anyone..)

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Locoevo

Default Raspberry Pi

Took the Pi too work today, good times!

Any other places to get ROMS from? I've been using EmuParadise and FreeROMS, some don't seem to work though or maybe I need the emulators for the file types? I dunno will have to do more research.

Anyone using there's a media server? I have Kodi on this one but it seems a bit iffy.

Last edited by Locoevo; 16-08-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Clan
    AUF
    PSN
    Stonemull
    XBLA
    not sure

My kodi is mostly seamless, has been known to freeze up, but it also has the 'low voltage' icon up on the top right of the screen all the time so it may have something to do with it.
    So long as I avoid H265 is works great, playing off my NAS server over wifi.